Other What’s your “cringey” interest?

It's hard to say! I like a lot of things that the internet has deemed as "cringey" but I know the word itself is pretty subjective. Man, I could make a whole list.
Off the top of my head I can say:
  • anime (even the "bad ones")
  • five nights at freddies... creepy pasta.. that sort of genre of horror
  • minecraft (and minecraft roleplays smh, yes even The Big One)
  • vocaloid
  • and of course, roleplaying and ocs
    • some of my ocs are just me in a different hat or font, honestly.
    • i like to ship canon x oc sometimes too LOL
Almost all of these sound like me... I didn't realize people deemed minecraft cringy... Considering how many people play it. Also I too do minecraft roleplaying. From a app I have.. Or used to have." World craft " ever heard of it?

I fucking love teddy bears, I'm technically too old for them but god damn they are just so cute, also the ones that have flexible limbs are the best, my bears go through hell, murder mysteries, superhero roleplaying, black hole drills, volcano drills, entire gameshows where everyone ends up dying. When I have 3 or more bears you better be sure one of em is gonna end up dead at the end of whatever story, tv show or movie I'm reenacting. I wish I had the skill to film all of what's in my head but every time I try it ends up shit but o well.

Also I have a weird obsession with political geography, I can name the countries, capitals, states, flags of most if not all countries and tell you who they border, where they are and what they fuck they were doing during the Korean war

Reading Wikipedia articles/Wiki-walking.
While it's not necessarily frowned upon, I can't really say that as a hobby because it just seems like a weird flex. Like something a 13-year-old trying to seem smart would say.

As a whole gay who grew up with 2 sisters, a lot of my childhood interests were "girl" things like Barbie, High School Musical... etc., etc. While it's less of a thing now, the comments were annoying when I was younger.

Also, online roleplaying in and of itself is "cringey" in some circles, so I guess we all have one. 😆

Oof! I feel called out with reading Wiki. It usually starts when I’m trying to figure out an answer to a question or I’m trying to learn about a topic that I’m curious about. Then, it’s just a rabbit hole of reading. So the other day, I was trying to research lysosomes for its therapeutic uses. But somehow ended up in Stanfords philosophy page in definition of Identity. It went from Lysosomes > Auto immune disorders > Alzheimers > Memories > Personal identity.

I also make paper crafts. I’m not talented enough to create the 3D mesh, but I like folding them. It feels like making origami.

Oof! I feel called out with reading Wiki. It usually starts when I’m trying to figure out an answer to a question or I’m trying to learn about a topic that I’m curious about. Then, it’s just a rabbit hole of reading.
There's an awesome game that you can play either with yourself or with a friend. I don't know if it has a real name, but I've always just called it 'six degrees of separation'. The rules are really simple:

Either you or a friend decide on a subject. Let's just go with 'Nazism' for this example.

Then you go to wikipedia and click on the 'go to random page' button.

Then, using only the hyperlinks on the article you're on, you try to get to the 'Nazism' page. You can usually do it in six links or under no matter what your starting and ending subject are.

There's an awesome game that you can play either with yourself or with a friend. I don't know if it has a real name, but I've always just called it 'six degrees of separation'. The rules are really simple:

Either you or a friend decide on a subject. Let's just go with 'Nazism' for this example.

Then you go to wikipedia and click on the 'go to random page' button.

Then, using only the hyperlinks on the article you're on, you try to get to the 'Nazism' page. You can usually do it in six links or under no matter what your starting and ending subject are.

Oh, I’ve never heard of this, but it sounds like fun! I wish I could find friends to play this with. I don’t think my immediate friend group would like this as much as I would. They might think it to be boring. And I’m already typecasted as the “smart one” or the “nerdy one”. Not that I mind cause it’s painfully true.

in middle school i got laughed at a lot for liking anime. i guess middle schools are different now, but my experience was that anything anime was seen as cringey or weird, and mha didn't come out yet, so for the most part it was always a really shameful thing to even just draw in an anime style, and the only thing you'd be referred to as was "weeaboo" eek

nowadays, though... for the most part i get strange looks with the amount of stuffed animals i have, or always switching between drastically different clothing styles (one day pastel, another dark academia, another day emo grunge), and i spend basically every weekday afternoon at the library, but in my experience even just roleplaying or writing stories online (fanfiction or original) is enough ammo for people to laugh you out of a room ),:

i've been getting back into my vocaloid phase too, glad to be back in it (:<

I feel like quite a few things I enjoy could be considered “cringey” at the end of the day, especially as I get older.
  • I not only avidly read fanfiction, but I’ve been writing it for years as well.
  • I don’t really like anime, but the only two that I’ve loved have been Hetalia and Ouran Highschool Host Club.
  • Obligatory RP.
    • While I don’t do it anymore I used to RP on minecraft, would go into the adoption centers on creative servers and wait for a family. T-T

Unashamedly adore punny jokes. The real, physical cringe visible on people's faces when you manage to slide a perfect one into a conversation does absolutely nothing to deter my love of them

This was a one time interest, and I swear to god it took me like 2 weeks. I made Hatsune Miku sing the CBT Vocoded to the National Anthem.

Look, my interests are very memey, I also made Hatsune Miku voice the Steamed Hams scene.

(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`) I shouldn't be allowed to have the internet XDXDXDXS

This was a one time interest, and I swear to god it took me like 2 weeks. I made Hatsune Miku sing the CBT Vocoded to the National Anthem.

Look, my interests are very memey, I also made Hatsune Miku voice the Steamed Hams scene.

(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`) I shouldn't be allowed to have the internet XDXDXDXS
Look one of my favorite videos is Steamed Hams as a Danganronpa trial so I ain't judging

My cringey interests? Where the hell do I begin?

These include: Pokemon, Anime, Pringles, (YES THE SNACK DONT JUDGE ME), Fanta, Furries, and men with tummies.​

I feel roleplaying is pretty cringy at my age. (35+, teenage kids) Most women my age are football moms, or talk about watching popular tv shows, or whatever.

I think anything can be cringey, under the right circumstances, but a few of my everlasting interests that fall under the category include:
- Warrior Cats. Grew up with it and still love it, though not so much the most recent books. When I re-read the series, I always stop after the Power of Three.
- Fanfiction. I love writing it and reading it. I know it has a bad reputation, but if you kind of sail around all the weirdness, you can find really talented writers out there and beautiful stories.
- Stuffed animals. They’re cute, squishy and I don’t get why some people have such a problem with older teens/adults owning them. They’re adorable!

Sewing! I don’t know anyone else who does. And I think most people who think of seamstresses probably associate the stereotype of being a grandma or an old person to it. Making your own clothes is fun!

I have several OCs that lean into the cottagecore aesthetic because it's just so cozy

Honestly, that’s just made my day! It’s so sweet! I just love the idea of living simply in a forrest with like magical creatures. It’s the Disney girl in me. I’m glad you found some cottagecore inspo! Yay!

Shameless plug, but if you’d ever be down to RP something cottagecore or need partners for it, lemme know. :3

Honestly, that’s just made my day! It’s so sweet! I just love the idea of living simply in a forrest with like magical creatures. It’s the Disney girl in me. I’m glad you found some cottagecore inspo! Yay!

Shameless plug, but if you’d ever be down to RP something cottagecore or need partners for it, lemme know. :3
I'll definitely give your thread a look!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back