Experiences What's making you EXCITED to RP today?

be_l_l_e

Twilight God-Empress
Roleplay Type(s)
A lot of our threads around here are for venting. Lots of fun to read, and in this hobby there are so many experiences that fit with those prompts. But sometimes, I know we all just get so wrapped up in our love of RP. And I hope we can share some of those stories, too - the ones that remind us why we'll always come back to this hobby, even when it hurts.

To start us off, I just came back to RP after a couple months off and found a perfect partner with an idea that I'd been wanting to try out for a while. Our RP has just hit 46 replies in less than a week and today, just when I thought we might be slowing down, I accidentally wrote a >5,000 word post in about two hours. Probably a record speed for me. It feels good!

How about the rest of you? Awesome moments, great partners, cool characters, perfect coincidences. Share your RP joys with me!

I guess getting compliments on the way I play a certain character has helped kept the juices flowing.

- Having a steady, long term partner who is a wonderful person that I get to write not one, but two amazing stories with. 😍

- Today, I got a random message from someone I didn’t know, complimenting my writing and it completely made my day

My two or three WONDERFUL long term partners that are always there for me.

I recently posted a prompt on another site. The prompt was basically the explication of a scene I wrote up for exemplary purposes. And while I didn't get any serious inquiries about roleplaying from the prompt, I did get a whole bunch of PMs telling me how good my writing was. So, that was pretty nice. I'm still getting them every now and again. But when I first posted the prompt up, I couldn't keep up with the replies to say thank you to everyone who bothered themselves to leave a note of appreciation.

I'm building a custom setting using Naruto, and I keep having ideas that click and cause a ripple effect that makes things more and more interesting.

I sometimes have trouble coming up with ideas solely on my own, but I keep having eureka moments back to back to back which really spurs me on to keep going, which is EXTREMELY rare for me.

Being able to squeal about my characters to the lovely people in my servers 🥰

Finally feeling motivated for the multiverse rp I’m planning on bringing some new characters.

Sometimes I feel like I go dry on ideas for awhile and then a really cool idea hits my brain and I get so pumped to post it and see who is interested.

When you have a shared vision with someone and they’re just as excited to brainstorm, it super motivating. It’s just like the energy is being thrown back and forth!

A lot of our threads around here are for venting. Lots of fun to read, and in this hobby there are so many experiences that fit with those prompts. But sometimes, I know we all just get so wrapped up in our love of RP. And I hope we can share some of those stories, too - the ones that remind us why we'll always come back to this hobby, even when it hurts.

To start us off, I just came back to RP after a couple months off and found a perfect partner with an idea that I'd been wanting to try out for a while. Our RP has just hit 46 replies in less than a week and today, just when I thought we might be slowing down, I accidentally wrote a >5,000 word post in about two hours. Probably a record speed for me. It feels good!

How about the rest of you? Awesome moments, great partners, cool characters, perfect coincidences. Share your RP joys with me!
Maybe not TODAY, but a while ago I played out a fight with a character of mine who doesn't fight alone often. When he actually won and it wasn't just an ez dub, it felt good. And I was hyped throughout the duration of it. Good times, yes indeed.

That's often what gets me hyped for roleplays, considering what I do the most often. Any battle that I consider to be climactic and dramatic!

Honestly, my friends on RpN. Having found some really good friends on this website has really boosted my confidence in writing and made the whole process much more enjoyable. I push myself to get past writing blockades and have found myself way more determined than I've ever been when it came to writing previously. And getting those posts up feels good, so it's a nice loop to be in and I'm really happy about it. So overall I'd say that my writing community is making me excited to write more today!

I just absolutely LOVE and am a sucker for gushing over our characters with my partner even tho we are both playing them. It’s just so fun to take a step back and be like omg this is so great or so adorable!

So, I totally dodged a bullet recently by dropping out of an interest check. I had put in my lot to a couple of different group RPs. They're both getting on with their progress as people submit their character sheets, etc. But I had gotten this gut feeling that one of them just wasn't a "good fit" for me (despite being in one of my favorite genres).

Lo and behold, the hosting character sheet gets posted by the GM and my gut feelings are confirmed.

Thanks gut, for always looking out for me! lol

Meanwhile, I've managed to drum up the motivation to start piecing together my own group RP and will launch the interest check in the near future.

What has me excited about RP? Right now?

I am diving into a new game that I've heard lots of great things about with new friends and old friends, all of whom are helping to expand my understanding and enjoyment.

I get to create a brand new character, hopefully long-term, and in doing so I get to inhabit another life, see things through another pair of eyes, another perspective, and thus transport myself into a world that does not exist in Real Life but is no less fantastic, charming, and wonderful all due to the cool people who help make it so.

It makes me feel alive and happy and liberated to be part of it all. =)

Honor and fun,
Dannigan =)

Each of my players get to start a personal quest in conjunction with the central one. Now is the time to make each character feel special and important! It's been fun coming up with ways to talk each of them up.

And in another game, I'm starting as a recently turned were-tiger who still needs to learn all things supernatural - and also acclimatize to a new city, after slaughtering people at the old one.

For me, I'm excited to rp right now because I feel like for once I'm really starting to get the ball rolling.

I've been roleplaying for years - not on RPN, since I'm new here, but in general. There were only a handful of rps I ever managed to get off the ground, and especially when I was young(er) a lot of them died after a few pages. Now, I've found a group of writers that I really fit in with and have been able to ping ideas off of, and it's gotten to the point where I really feel like my characters and my own settings are growing strides from where they were.

I created a character named Iddie very recently, and in the past I would have drawn them a couple of times (because their design is interesting and fun) and forgotten about them pretty soon after. But now, I can bring these ideas up to my friends and they share my enthusiasm on it - which of course, leads to brain rot and now Iddie is present in like four rps. They also will bring their own characters to me and ask for my input, and I can't tell you the amount of joy I get when I wake up to twelve discord messages that are all about the lore of a forest spirit who was originally coined in 2013, back when none of us were good writers.

I'm in like seventeen active rps altogether, and I have two or three with the same partner, yet we all get just as excited writing for one as we do the other. This is the feeling I was missing out on for so long, and god am I happy to have it now.

I get really excited when I join an RP and then find out my partner is a WAY better writer than me. It's like, 1) Wow, how did I luck out this much? and 2) Now I get to push myself to be better and better and better with every post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back