Other What languages do you speak

Languages ye speak

• Total voters
Well, i am a native speaker, and i've heard that the language isn't easy for many,
so yes, this is surprising for me to see that people want to learn it.

This is true, but in my area it's one of only 2 languages you can learn in school, and is pretty frequently spoken so I started learning for that reason.

English (15 years now) , some ASL, some pre 19th Cantonese ( I am way better at writing than reading it), Spanish (3 years of sweat and tears), and Vietnamese (native born).

English is my native language. I've been picking up some Spanish from my work (certainly not fluent, but I can stumble through a few sentences ^^'), and I'm learning ASL as well!

I can natively speak (Brazilian) Portuguese and can speak English fluently (I hope at least).

Because I can speak Portuguese I suppose I have a decent enough grasp of Spanish! I've studied French for a while although it's rather rusty and I kinda hate it from the bottom of my heart.

I'm also studying German and I'm thinking of studying Mandarin Chinese soon.

I can natively speak (Brazilian) Portuguese and can speak English fluently (I hope at least).

Because I can speak Portuguese I suppose I have a decent enough grasp of Spanish! I've studied French for a while although it's rather rusty and I kinda hate it from the bottom of my heart.

I'm also studying German and I'm thinking of studying Mandarin Chinese soon.
Cool, I'd like to learn Chinese.

Tagalog( Filipino) as the language I was born with, but quickly lost the ability to speak it when I moved to america. I can only understand it. Currently though I'm learning Japanese through University,

I speak finnish , english and swedish. I studied swedish for six years but I understand it better than I speak it.

I grew up in the Ukraine so I speak Ukrainian fluently; however living so close to the Russian border as well I picked up on fluent Russian.

Most people think they are the same; but no. Actually how Ukrainian people speak; annoys the crap out of me. It’s like a constant lisp.

Then when I came to America as a teenager; I learned English.

Native Russian speaker (my mother tongue), a somewhat fluent English speaker (7 years of Russian education and tutors), and a bunch of words from many different European language (French, German, Greek). I've also spoken a bit of Chinese and Sakha (my family is quite colourful), but lost it with age.

Hey! Like the title says, I like to know which languages people speak!

I speak 1 language fluently, 1 language almost/half fluent, and 1 language very badly.

English is my first language, I grew up in England and Ireland so Ive always been around mostly English speaker.

Irish is my second language. When I was 6 I moved to Ireland, and although English is most people's first languages here, Irish is a compulsory school subject for most people.
Ive been learning Irish for 9 years, and I am quite good at it, although not 100% fluent, if you dropped me into an Irish speaking area I think Id dp just fine.

French.. French is a language I also learn. Been doing it for pver 2 years now. My first french teacher was unable to teach me but a few words of french. I have anew teacher now who can.teach so im improving. I still tend to make up words when speaking french though, since many are similar to english.
English, Finnish and Swedish.

English is my first language (USA)
Conozco un poco español.
And I know even less (but still some) ASL (American Sign Language)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back