Other What languages do you speak

Languages ye speak

• Total voters

Suggy

Trashbag
Hey! Like the title says, I like to know which languages people speak!

I speak 1 language fluently, 1 language almost/half fluent, and 1 language very badly.

English is my first language, I grew up in England and Ireland so Ive always been around mostly English speaker.

Irish is my second language. When I was 6 I moved to Ireland, and although English is most people's first languages here, Irish is a compulsory school subject for most people.
Ive been learning Irish for 9 years, and I am quite good at it, although not 100% fluent, if you dropped me into an Irish speaking area I think Id dp just fine.

French.. French is a language I also learn. Been doing it for pver 2 years now. My first french teacher was unable to teach me but a few words of french. I have anew teacher now who can.teach so im improving. I still tend to make up words when speaking french though, since many are similar to english.

• English
  • Vietnamese
  • Four years of German
  • Two years of Latin
  • Fragments of Cantonese

Last edited:
I can speak both English and Swedish fluently and I can speak German well enough to carry a conversation.

Finnish is my first language, English my second. The legends tell I've also passed mandatory Swedish classes and courses but it was because we have to.

I only know English but i'd really love to learn more languages. German is a really big one I'd love to learn and Japanese.

Fluent in French and English. Decent in Spanish. The most basic of rudiments in German, and I started Arabic a couple of months ago.

I'm a native german speaker and started learning English in 3rd grade. My teacher also told me I'm basically a "walking dictionary" lol

i'm a native dutch speaker and besides that fluent in english, decent in german and i know the basics of french and how to rescue myself in a few situations. and randomly the translation of falling lol!

English is the language i'm fluent in. Learning French now, wrote a 100 word essay today. Didn't think I had it in me but look at that. I understood like 95% of what I wrote.

i'm pretty fluent in sarcasm

nah, but i'm only fluent in english
would love to learn more, but i'm really bad at picking up languages

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back