Other What languages do you speak

Languages ye speak

• Total voters
English is a first language.
Two years in Spanish class.
I started learning Japanese a few years ago, but I still need to reference my Katakana chart.
And I tried learning French. Bonsoir.
Also would like to learn Korean, Italian, German, Finnish, Swedish, ASL, Mandarin, basically everything. I wish I could just read a book in the language and suddenly understand everything

proud certified bilingual! english was my first language, and i’ve been in french immersion for all 12 years of school.

i know basic ASL, like greetings and the alphabet and a few basic phrases like “i love you”. working on more complex things like quicker fingerspelling. hoping to become somewhat fluent by 2020.

very very VERY basic level of spanish, i’m talking “i learned this from Dora the Explorer”
a few words in other languages such as german, japanese, irish; nothing really special
i know the tiniest bit of gaelic (thanks, outlander) but am very interested in learning more. not sure where to go, though.

i speak english, i remember some stuff from spanish class (not a lot anymore i don't think), and some norwegian (learning currently)​

I'm an English native. I studied Japanese for 6 years and currently study Mandarin Chinese though I'm not very great at either

proud certified bilingual! english was my first language, and i’ve been in french immersion for all 12 years of school.

i know basic ASL, like greetings and the alphabet and a few basic phrases like “i love you”. working on more complex things like quicker fingerspelling. hoping to become somewhat fluent by 2020.

very very VERY basic level of spanish, i’m talking “i learned this from Dora the Explorer”
a few words in other languages such as german, japanese, irish; nothing really special
i know the tiniest bit of gaelic (thanks, outlander) but am very interested in learning more. not sure where to go, though.
I had started learning ASL too! But I unfortunately had to drop it because I moved to China and it's a little less useful (though I'm sure if someone needed it here, it would be a godsend!)

English and ~trying~ to learn Korean as the husband and I want to do a gap year in South Korea once I've finished my teaching degree. We take private classes with the lovely Miss Jenny :)

German is my first language. But I simultaneously grew up with English since my dad is American, but I lived most of my life in Germany. I am nearly fluent in Luxemburgish. I can communicate in Japanese (but am not fluent). I speak good French, however tendency towards Waloon dialect. I know a little Portuguese.

when-you-can-speak-british-canadian-australian-and-american-mr-35643836.png

I speak English natively, and I've been learning German for 3 years. It's a really cool language, but I think I'm still pretty crummy at it :P

• English
  • Vietnamese
  • Four years of German
  • Two years of Latin
  • Fragments of Cantonese
Fluent in French and English. Decent in Spanish. The most basic of rudiments in German, and I started Arabic a couple of months ago.
English
Heritage Chinese
6 years of Japanese
3 years of Spanish
2 years of Korean
20 minutes of Greek

I'm really curious as to how you guys arranged to learn these languages? I'm seeking to become multilingual myself, and there's no such thing as advice I don't need to hear, lol.

I'm really curious as to how you guys arranged to learn these languages? I'm seeking to become multilingual myself, and there's no such thing as advice I don't need to hear, lol.
Well, I grew up bilingual to begin with. (English and Viet). I was also required to take six years of language classes in school. That's just how it was for me, at leasr

Well, I grew up bilingual to begin with. (English and Viet). I was also required to take six years of language classes in school. That's just how it was for me, at leasr
Aw, six years of language classes sound both torturous and exciting, lol.

Lithuanian, English and German fluently
Basics of French
Can understand Dutch, Latvian and a bit of Russian
And can watch Anime without subtitles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back