Other What languages do you speak

Languages ye speak

• Total voters
English is my first language. I’ve learned 3 years of French and have started my 3rd year in learning Chinese.

English is my main language, with Cantonese being spoken at home. Alas, I can’t read or write Chinese as my parents never taught me...

At school, I’ve been learning French for five years, and previously learnt Irish for three and Spanish for one. I’ve also been self-learning Korean and Japanese which is going not very well.

Finnish, French, English, Swedish, Japanese and Korean.

My parents are from different countries.

English is my first language, and I sound like a child when I speak Latin but it's better than nothing and I'm still learning.

English(obviously), German, Romanian, Russian, Italian, and Ukrainian. I'm not fluent in all of them, but I certainly wish :P .

I can speak English, a bit of Spanish (what they teach you in High School, lol), a little of Japanese, and Tagalog!~

i speak english in everyday life, but i speak bengali at home. i can't read or write in bengali though.
OP i'm the same as you, been doing irish since junior infants (but i still suck oof).
i also took up french in secondary school.

My first languages were Bengali and Hindi as I grew up in a Bengali household. However, since I went to school in NYC, I quickly learned English. At this point, having gone through the entire American education system, I am more fluent in English than with my Indian dialects. I also have "conversational fluency" in French, although I use that term loosely as the conversation would have to be slower than normal and clearly pronounced haha.

I’m fluent in English, conversational in Spanish and know very little Korean

scottish gaelic, english, scots, & french. like a year of ancient greek (lol) & a couple of years of german that i've mostly forgotten. ach ma tha gàidhlig aig duine sam bith eile, bithinn uabhasach toilichte bruidhinn ribh! and it's really cool to see a few irish speakers as well -- there's enough similarity between scottish & irish that i can just about hold a conversation between the two of them :"") love them minority languages

I'm only fluent in English and German, but I know some French and Spanish as well and have dipped my... tongue... in several other languages, mainly Japanese and Norwegian, and some Italian as well.

English, Norwegian, Sami and Finnish. I had Spanish classes in school for a couple of years, but I never quite learned more than a couple of simple sentences and words :D

Polish, English, Russian (including cyrillic, yes,), and I am learning German. I know some French, Spanish, Italian, and Japanese (enough to at least make a rudimentary self-introduction or ask for directions in any of these,) and I dabble in dead languages like Latin and Old Norse for fun.

In the case of Latin, I know a whole bunch of phrases and proverbs. Remember kids, quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur *wink*.

English and I am learning Japanese and Latin ( As Japanese is the only class they offer where I am ;-; ) and I know like one sentence in French xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back