Other What languages do you speak

Languages ye speak

• Total voters
my first language is slovenian and i learnt english and german as a kid. i haven't used german for years, so i can't speak it well but i do understand it! i also understand serbocroatian, but speak it very badly :^)

Ich spreche ein bischen Deutsch. I also speak English, but who cares. I'm in the process of learning German, but I still kinda suck.

Hey! Like the title says, I like to know which languages people speak!

I speak 1 language fluently, 1 language almost/half fluent, and 1 language very badly.

English is my first language, I grew up in England and Ireland so Ive always been around mostly English speaker.

Irish is my second language. When I was 6 I moved to Ireland, and although English is most people's first languages here, Irish is a compulsory school subject for most people.
Ive been learning Irish for 9 years, and I am quite good at it, although not 100% fluent, if you dropped me into an Irish speaking area I think Id dp just fine.

French.. French is a language I also learn. Been doing it for pver 2 years now. My first french teacher was unable to teach me but a few words of french. I have anew teacher now who can.teach so im improving. I still tend to make up words when speaking french though, since many are similar to english.
I speak fluent English, but I'm learning Latin, Ancient Greek, and Italian.

Fluent in Dutch and besides that i speak English and i can somewhat manage myself in German. French is the only language that didn't really stick with my after high school lmao i can remember random sentences, grammar and words but there's no way i'd be able get around on my own in France.

All dem languages formed from, and further enhancing, cultural and national dee vide, possible causes of a Miss Understanding 2019. Can't Humans just speak Human with English, Chinese, and others as dialects? I'mma act sad for a while cuz I can do nutting atall.

Also, Computer Language and Numbers (MATH) as second and third languages, in any order.

Woah there are ten portuguese speakers around?

Hey is that European Portuguese or Brazilian Portuguese? Trust me, there is a difference :3

European Portuguese here. English too of course and I'd love to learn Japanese at some point. Got some 3 years of German in high-school and some crappy French.

My first language is English as I was born in America, but European cultures always interested me, so I took up French. I'm still learning, in fact I started the course pretty recently, so I don't know many words in French.

English.
I know a moderate amount of british sign language and makaton.
I'm currently trying to learn spanish through classes and duolingo.

I speak both English and Spanish as if they were both my first language. It did help that I lived the first years of my life in United States, and my parents both are from spanish-speaking countries.

I want to learn French, but I've never really taken the time to do so. I know a few words in french, but I definitely can't speak it yet.

i speak english and can speak/understand spanish relatively well!! i want to learn italian and french tho lmao

I speak English fluently, and I can speak some Latin, granted I sound like a three year old when I do but it's been like a decade since I had the class.

I'm native Chinese. My mom is korean and my dad is Chinese, so I've grown up in a household full of different languages. My dad is half Australian and he knows English. I grew up in Singapore and so did my sister, so that's where I got my Chinese from. We then moved to Korea when I was around 8 and that's where I learned Korean. My older brother was born in Australia, so he's native English. My mom is Japanese and Korean. Even though my mom doesn't know Japanese as well as her mom does, she can still speak some. I learned japanese from my grandma when I was younger.

Native German, English as a second language. French from school (it sucks) and I'm trying to get back into Japanese via FluentU. Only learned the basics and need more time to study it.

ζˆ‘θ―΄θ‹±ζ–‡ε’ŒδΈ­ζ–‡γ€‚(I speak English and Chinese.)

Native English, learning Chinese in school currently. My Chinese isn’t crazy good, but I can speak a little.

English is my first language (and since I'm American, my only completely fluent once), but I'm solidly conversational in Spanish and know a surprising amount of French from listening to French music and working with an Opera company. I really want to get better at more languages in the future! It makes me really sad that most Americans only know English.

I'm fluent in English and German, also speak a little bit of Polish and sign language, as my to-be mum-in-law is deaf :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back