Experiences What is the Most Frustrating RP you have ever been apart of?

I remember trying to RP on a thread where we created our own super heroes. It was supposed to be along similar lines as Marvel or DC. However more and more people got involved and were adding huge posts to it so I got lost and backed out. It was too much to take in all at once. As soon as I was ready to post something of my own, blip! three more new posts.

I remember trying to RP on a thread where we created our own super heroes. It was supposed to be along similar lines as Marvel or DC. However more and more people got involved and were adding huge posts to it so I got lost and backed out. It was too much to take in all at once. As soon as I was ready to post something of my own, blip! three more new posts.

Yeah, I find that roleplays of a large size really need a post/turn order.

So I'm lookin for RP one time on my main OC. This girl comes along and says she's interested. Cool beans I say. Just FYI, I say, I'm not interested in required romance.

NP, she says, if it develops, it develops. So we start RPing. And it's ALMOST going okay, except she starts putting less and less relevant detail in her posts, and more cheeseball cringy anime tropes trying to highlight how sexually attractive her char is, highlighting her physical features over and over rather than doing stuff. And it's getting hard to get the RP moving, frankly.

So I budge and decided "well ok this char's supposed to be gay but i guess i'll let her be an exception because this rp is clearly going nowhere elseways". And she starts describing MY char in her posts, noting HIS physicality in ways that... don't apply. About how tall he is (he's a malnourished runt, actually shorter than her char) and stroong (i mean he has some muscle but he's fairly skinny) and tan (he's pale and freckly) and i'm just "uhhh" and things start going further than I wanted them to go. Way further. And I just don't know how to leave politely.

So finish the RP for the day and go on my way.

She hits me up again on another alt of hers later.

And another.

And another.

Weeks are going by and it seems like every time I log on, she's hitting me up on a different char. Like, a knight, and a naga, and a fae, and a this, and a that -- sometimes she announces it's her but usually not, I just go "oh hey this writing seems rull familiar" and most of her chars are linked on RPR as played by the same player. Didn't let things get as far as I did the first time in any of these, and every time she's trying the same stuff.

Finally she hits me up on yet another char and i'm just
"this char is gay"
"lol silly it's ME, (first char name"
"I know. I used to play him as gay-with-possible-story-driven-exceptions because I know the vast majority of RPers are females who prefer to play females. You're what changed my mind. Not liking being pressured"
She got super upset and put me on ignore.

The worst part is sometimes I still feel bad about it... why the hell do I feel bad about that.

So I'm lookin for RP one time on my main OC. This girl comes along and says she's interested. Cool beans I say. Just FYI, I say, I'm not interested in required romance.

NP, she says, if it develops, it develops. So we start RPing. And it's ALMOST going okay, except she starts putting less and less relevant detail in her posts, and more cheeseball cringy anime tropes trying to highlight how sexually attractive her char is, highlighting her physical features over and over rather than doing stuff. And it's getting hard to get the RP moving, frankly.

So I budge and decided "well ok this char's supposed to be gay but i guess i'll let her be an exception because this rp is clearly going nowhere elseways". And she starts describing MY char in her posts, noting HIS physicality in ways that... don't apply. About how tall he is (he's a malnourished runt, actually shorter than her char) and stroong (i mean he has some muscle but he's fairly skinny) and tan (he's pale and freckly) and i'm just "uhhh" and things start going further than I wanted them to go. Way further. And I just don't know how to leave politely.

So finish the RP for the day and go on my way.

She hits me up again on another alt of hers later.

And another.

And another.

Weeks are going by and it seems like every time I log on, she's hitting me up on a different char. Like, a knight, and a naga, and a fae, and a this, and a that -- sometimes she announces it's her but usually not, I just go "oh hey this writing seems rull familiar" and most of her chars are linked on RPR as played by the same player. Didn't let things get as far as I did the first time in any of these, and every time she's trying the same stuff.

Finally she hits me up on yet another char and i'm just
"this char is gay"
"lol silly it's ME, (first char name"
"I know. I used to play him as gay-with-possible-story-driven-exceptions because I know the vast majority of RPers are females who prefer to play females. You're what changed my mind. Not liking being pressured"
She got super upset and put me on ignore.

The worst part is sometimes I still feel bad about it... why the hell do I feel bad about that.
Because you're a human being that sympathizes with others? And it sounds like you hurt her feelings.
However your reaction, based on what I read, was totally understandable.
Personally, I woulda politely told her to back off. If she ignores me, whatever. I hope my feedback helps.

Because you're a human being that sympathizes with others? And it sounds like you hurt her feelings.
However your reaction, based on what I read, was totally understandable.
Personally, I woulda politely told her to back off. If she ignores me, whatever. I hope my feedback helps.
Well, yes. It just started to bug me that every time we RPed, we agreed on no required romance, and no sexual RP. And every time it was required, sexual romance.

The worst RP situation I've been in would probably be when a long time online friend and I were writing. Her OC is really sensitive which is fine, but it's an issue because she basically projects herself as this character. So any time this gentle, sweet girl was picked on (which happened often, because we were playing in a rather nasty universe), the partner would get upset and complain that I was picking on HER. It made it hard for me to work with her and definitely caused a rift in our friendship, sadly.

This is not so much a roleplay situation per se but it does take place in a kind of roleplay scenario. So basically I'm a part of a group that owns a kind of adoptable shop based on dog shows / dog breeding. Their are elements of roleplay in it but for the most part it's just about building a dog kennel and showing dogs ( well pretending to anyway ).

And the most frustrating thing about this is that there are a group of players ( one of whom was recently promoted to mod ) that just go out of their way to take everything I say in the worst way possible.

So once I asked if the Staff would be taking suggestions from the players on events the shop could hold. It was a pretty straightforward question I thought. Just - hey is there going to be a way we could suggest some ideas for future games, like maybe themes or something we could do to give new players a chance to get dogs.

The owner was pretty civil - Like no not at this time, the staff has a lot of the games and such already plotted out.

Which fair enough I asked a question, I got an answer and I thought that would be that.

Well then these two people just started slamming me, saying I was attempting to extort the staff and put more work on their shoulders and causing a scene. They basically said - The Staff is busy enough and they don't need you giving them more work.

And I was like - um I wasn't trying to give them more work I asked if a suggestion box was available - the answer is pretty clearly yes or no. If It's yes then I would have followed up, but as it was no I was willing to let it go.

And then they got even more worrying and basically started acting like they couldn't understand why I would bother asking questions in the first place. Like if the answer wasn't what I wanted to here ( which I presume they thought meant If the Staff didn't do what I said ) than why bother asking the question in the first place? Like asking anything if you don't get you way is a waste of time.

Like oooh wow. That's that's a horribly toxic way to look at things.

And they would just not understand that all I wanted to do was clarify a simple question.

And it's like every time I ask a question now ( I actually asked the Owner to make Q&A thread because I wanted to avoid these people ) I'm super paranoid they'll answer because inevitably they start up with the nasty comments again.

Like just yesterday I asked if the dog images where to scale. Again a simple yes or no question. I am not super familiar with a lot of dog breeds so I just wanted to know if they were all roughly as big as they looked in their images. I figured they weren't - the images are pretty big - but it doesn't hurt to ask. Especially if it's something you're not sure of.

Well again these people are like - no the images are no scaled nor will the Staff be making them scaled because it's too much work. And again I'm like - I didn't ask if the staff was changing the picture I just asked if it was to scale.

^ Real talk. I like this guy.

-----

My most frustrating RPs have been groups with enough player characters to rival the entire main cast of Game of Thrones. For a novel or book series, that's not so bad; but for an RP of clashing egos, where every player is (naturally) competing for their Gary/Mary-Sue to be the "main character", it becomes frustrating.

From now on, when I do groups, I keep it tight and simple.
If we're being honest here, I think all group RPS should be kept tight and simple to avoid stress, arguments, and chaos.

This is not so much a roleplay situation per se but it does take place in a kind of roleplay scenario. So basically I'm a part of a group that owns a kind of adoptable shop based on dog shows / dog breeding. Their are elements of roleplay in it but for the most part it's just about building a dog kennel and showing dogs ( well pretending to anyway ).

And the most frustrating thing about this is that there are a group of players ( one of whom was recently promoted to mod ) that just go out of their way to take everything I say in the worst way possible.

So once I asked if the Staff would be taking suggestions from the players on events the shop could hold. It was a pretty straightforward question I thought. Just - hey is there going to be a way we could suggest some ideas for future games, like maybe themes or something we could do to give new players a chance to get dogs.

The owner was pretty civil - Like no not at this time, the staff has a lot of the games and such already plotted out.

Which fair enough I asked a question, I got an answer and I thought that would be that.

Well then these two people just started slamming me, saying I was attempting to extort the staff and put more work on their shoulders and causing a scene. They basically said - The Staff is busy enough and they don't need you giving them more work.

And I was like - um I wasn't trying to give them more work I asked if a suggestion box was available - the answer is pretty clearly yes or no. If It's yes then I would have followed up, but as it was no I was willing to let it go.

And then they got even more worrying and basically started acting like they couldn't understand why I would bother asking questions in the first place. Like if the answer wasn't what I wanted to here ( which I presume they thought meant If the Staff didn't do what I said ) than why bother asking the question in the first place? Like asking anything if you don't get you way is a waste of time.

Like oooh wow. That's that's a horribly toxic way to look at things.

And they would just not understand that all I wanted to do was clarify a simple question.

And it's like every time I ask a question now ( I actually asked the Owner to make Q&A thread because I wanted to avoid these people ) I'm super paranoid they'll answer because inevitably they start up with the nasty comments again.

Like just yesterday I asked if the dog images where to scale. Again a simple yes or no question. I am not super familiar with a lot of dog breeds so I just wanted to know if they were all roughly as big as they looked in their images. I figured they weren't - the images are pretty big - but it doesn't hurt to ask. Especially if it's something you're not sure of.

Well again these people are like - no the images are no scaled nor will the Staff be making them scaled because it's too much work. And again I'm like - I didn't ask if the staff was changing the picture I just asked if it was to scale.
These people are what I like to call Forum attackers. They basically go out of their way to create drama for a specific person because they seem like an "easy traget" and then they just wont leave you alone, no matter what. They pretty much do this so they have something "fun" to do with their time because no one else wants to talk to them :/ it sucks that this crap has happened to you. If you wanted to, you could easily report them for harassment.

These people are what I like to call Forum attackers. They basically go out of their way to create drama for a specific person because they seem like an "easy traget" and then they just wont leave you alone, no matter what. They pretty much do this so they have something "fun" to do with their time because no one else wants to talk to them :/ it sucks that this crap has happened to you. If you wanted to, you could easily report them for harassment.

Well I believe they're both currently staff members and it's not like they do this all the time. It's more like the one girl just has bad days or doesn't like me for some reason. But it's not like she attacks me every time I ask a question which is the bizarre part. It's only certain times when she gets super defensive when I ask a question.

Possibly it's any question that deals with the staff itself which is about the only common thread that I see between the questions that get her back up and the ones she answers perfectly reasonably.

So it's like she thinks that any question to the staff is some how an undermining of their position. It's really more an insecurity thing or maybe just a lack of awareness. Like i'm reasonably certain she doesn't realize she comes across as super defensive when she just sort of introduces the concept of the staff doing or not doing things into a casual conversation.

It's like someone who says they're not mad in the middle of a random conversation.

Like so hey do you have a pencil i can borrow , no and not that i'm mad but why did you ask me for a pencil?

Well I believe they're both currently staff members and it's not like they do this all the time. It's more like the one girl just has bad days or doesn't like me for some reason. But it's not like she attacks me every time I ask a question which is the bizarre part. It's only certain times when she gets super defensive when I ask a question.

Possibly it's any question that deals with the staff itself which is about the only common thread that I see between the questions that get her back up and the ones she answers perfectly reasonably.

So it's like she thinks that any question to the staff is some how an undermining of their position. It's really more an insecurity thing or maybe just a lack of awareness. Like i'm reasonably certain she doesn't realize she comes across as super defensive when she just sort of introduces the concept of the staff doing or not doing things into a casual conversation.

It's like someone who says they're not mad in the middle of a random conversation.

Like so hey do you have a pencil i can borrow , no and not that i'm mad but why did you ask me for a pencil?
That makes sense. They still shouldn't be so defensive when it comes to questions that are needing answered. :/

I once had a pretty short living one, it was a One on One.

God damn, the other persons character was totally after my male. EVERY TIME he was struggling, she just came and solved all the problems, even though I wanted him to struggle. Was the perfect Mary Sue, no flaws at all. I just deleted that forum after a couple of posts.

I once had a pretty short living one, it was a One on One.

God damn, the other persons character was totally after my male. EVERY TIME he was struggling, she just came and solved all the problems, even though I wanted him to struggle. Was the perfect Mary Sue, no flaws at all. I just deleted that forum after a couple of posts.
I hear ya. That is no fun at all.

Anything 1x1 (or even group if someone is ballsy enough) involving not so subtle and incredibly weird fetish. O.O
What is "Weird" is relative. But it is understandable if there's something you don't like and the person insists on throwing it out there mainly after you've asked them not to.

What is "Weird" is relative. But it is understandable if there's something you don't like and the person insists on throwing it out there mainly after you've asked them not to.

I mean when the focus of the RP becomes something they're obsessed with.

Anything with a dark plot, or superhuman/supernatural aspects. But that's not the same as a weird obsession that I was talking about above ^^
Oh no, I get it. I do have a question though, How dark and sickening can you take? I love Stephen King and he's as morbid as they get.

I can go as far as they come :P
Alright. I'll tell ya what I'm thinking. I'm putting together a massive unique rp fantasy world and it has plenty of dark and morbid elements to balance out everything else. While there is room for romance, it is not going to be over-emphasized. I am looking for a partner to play it out.

A compelling roleplay pitch: A scientist discovers "cure" for vampirism and enlists a vampire to turn her so she can test it out, only for emergency circumstances lead her use it on the vampire, rendering him human to his dismay.
I tried my best to make the roleplay logical, but the other person threw social implications, scientific method, and biological realities to the wind.
Then my character ends up in the hospital, when suddenly the other person writes "And then a sexy nurse comes into the room."
Needless to say, I had no real idea how to react other than abandoning the roleplay.
I love the initial idea though, but I think it would be plagiarism to try and start a roleplay like it.

A compelling roleplay pitch: A scientist discovers "cure" for vampirism and enlists a vampire to turn her so she can test it out, only for emergency circumstances lead her use it on the vampire, rendering him human to his dismay.
I tried my best to make the roleplay logical, but the other person threw social implications, scientific method, and biological realities to the wind.
Then my character ends up in the hospital, when suddenly the other person writes "And then a sexy nurse comes into the room."
Needless to say, I had no real idea how to react other than abandoning the roleplay.

1/10 won't RP it again.

Alright. I'll tell ya what I'm thinking. I'm putting together a massive unique rp fantasy world and it has plenty of dark and morbid elements to balance out everything else. While there is room for romance, it is not going to be over-emphasized. I am looking for a partner to play it out.

I'm not really one for 1x1s, sorry

First, science and supernatural don't mix well. Second, I agree, that last bit sounds like some fetish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back