Viewpoint What fandoms do you miss, or what are some you can't find partners for?

Haha. Sgt. Frog was great and has some good roleplay material to work with.

I’m surprised by the lack of Futurama roleplays, too. Especially with the recent rivival!

So, I have notice that there are some fandoms that are hard to find nowadays. Some of these being:

Metalocalypse
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Creepypasta
SCP
80s Bands
It (and other horror fandoms)
Black Butler

I don't know if I'm maybe just looking in the wrong place, or if these fandoms are dying off completely. What are some fandoms you miss, or what are some you can't find partners for?
Puss in boots, its weird

I miss writing in the universe of Big Bang Theory. I had a great partner once who played the BEST Penny. Oh, that and I wish I could find more fans of old school wrestling lol

Personally, My Little Pony. Call me "Girly" or "Childish" but I have fond memories of expanding on the world building with friends and taking it to a darker level and using our pretty OCs.
I'm currently building up the courage to post an MLP search, so wish me luck!

I can’t seem to find any stray kids rps sadly.

The most difficult are Digimon, Castlevania, Cardcaptors, Coroika Manga, and HXH (But those who don't ship the more popular ships).

Damn yes Creepypasta. Especially if you don't want the always good looking emo boys who, strangely enough, all have the same hairstyle. No problem with the people who enjoy that. I also enjoy some drawings where the artist draws the guys like this, from time to time. But for me personally, I think theres nothing more off-putting than making a horror character good looking. I like the aesthetic of the dark, the bad & the ugly.

The reason I love Jeff the Killer so much, is not because he looks like a 100/10, but because his physical appearance is so off-putting that it draws attention away from his appearance and towards his personality. When I say "I love Jeff the Killer", thats exactly what I mean. I don't mean the always good looking anime emo boy. I love him with all his ugly & gross looks, because thats basically what Jeff is. He IS ugly and gross, and If you can't him accept him that way, well... you are fangirling for the wrong character. Imagine loving a character, only when he looks a certain way... kinda weird is it? This takes all the horror, creepiness (and the respect and fear you should have for a serialkiller) out of him. After all, beauty is overrated. Someone like Jeff is a man of all trades and I want to take him seriously as a cold-blooded, impulsive killer, to make my character feel that he's a constant threat, and anything you say/do in his presence will have far-reaching consequences or a pretty short trial. There are always points that you will find with Jeff - because it wouldn't be Jeff if he felt understood and integrated - but there is a big difference if it's just teenie-weenie whining and that teenie just wants to be unique because his classmates and parents and everything and everyone is stupid, or if it's really HATE that drives him to make it hard for his family psychologically and physically and to threaten and beat up his classmates (in his past) In my point of view, Jeff is anything but a victim. He has always been a dangerous and twisted individual.

I would give my kidney for a Jeff like that. Come home my dude!! D,:
_____

Also Shiki. Look I'm not into animes THAT much anymore, but Shiki is one of the animes I always watch during Halloween. Never seen anyone who wants to rp that.

Last edited:
SCP and cod is a bit hard, also a lot no one knows about

Spyro Original Trilogy, Digimon and Sonic. All of which I have ideas for ;-; It especially sucks cuz I'm craving these things soooo hard and have tried to get RPs going on these for YEARS

Transformers. Kinda bizarre despite how big the franchise is, there's very few people down for it. It hurts my human spark 😔

Hunter X Hunter.
Original DB.
Fist of the North Star.

It's like digging for gold in your backyard.

Spyro Original Trilogy, Digimon and Sonic. All of which I have ideas for ;-; It especially sucks cuz I'm craving these things soooo hard and have tried to get RPs going on these for YEARS
I'd be down for Spyro tbh XD

Personally, My Little Pony. Call me "Girly" or "Childish" but I have fond memories of expanding on the world building with friends and taking it to a darker level and using our pretty OCs.
I'm currently building up the courage to post an MLP search, so wish me luck!
I would love to chat MLP with you!

In no particular order:
Wolf Lake
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Integrating the Vampire: The Masquerade and White Wolf world into other fandoms (Kindred: The Embraced)
Killing Eve
Anne Rice world (werewolves)
Xena
Orange is the New Black

this is rlly specific but that time during roblox in 2010s when ppl rped in the forums and roleplay groups had japanese horror game nights. is that a fandom??? idk but i and a lot of other ppl enjoyed it

Kenshi!

Basically imagine Mad Max, where you replace the Australians in leathers with guys with straw hats and katanas. Grimdark, depressing, bleak...yet oddly hopeful. I'd love to write in the setting

I do transformers but people keep ignoring me -_-

You've....
* Posted in threads that are months old
* Made your own threads not even an hour ago...
* The one interest check you responded to that was relatively recent gave you an actual reply.

You are most definitely not being ignored. You haven't even been active for an hour. You're being impatient.

Honestly? It's REALLY hard to find people interested for:
Madoka Magica
Splatoon
DSMP/MCYT (Not the actual people, but their personas-)

And I've still yet to find anyone for:
Dialtown (PLEASE I CRAVE THIS ONE SO MUCH AAAA-)
Murder Drones
Bandori

I mostly get requests for Genshin or PJSK, and as much as I love them, it gets REAL tiring pretty quick. Especially the amount of request for ONE genshin ship, aka, Chilumi. Please, no more Chilumi, I BEG for something new-

(Please fellow Dialtown fans, I NEED someone so I can use Phonegingi....The cryptid's been rotting in a corner, barely used,,,)

you'd think roleplay partners would be easier to find for a fandom as omnipresent on the web as tf2 but, alas, no dice 😶‍🌫️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back