• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy What do we have to be afraid of?

Flip Jester Boy

Professional Shitposter
"Fear: one of the many concepts unknown to man. Roosevelt has said, 'There is nothing to fear but fear itself.' That statement is true. What is fear, you ask? It is that dizziness when looking down a tall building. It's the chill you get when you walk down a dark corridor. It's that feeling you get when you see that spider in the corner of your room. People say they fight their fears, but are they truly fighting them? Or are they just suppressing them deeper into their minds, allowing the fear to collect. Eventually, this "Fear" grows and grows, hungering for the fear that people harbor in order to grow, finding a way to manifest into the real world, wreaking havoc unto the public whilst remaining invisible to the human eye. This is where we, the Espers, come into play. You see, we are the ones that combat these fears and remove them from the physical world with the use of a special ability known as Astral Projection, in which we are then able to act against the beasts of Fear, but one must have control over his or her own fear, otherwise they will lose themselves and become creatures of Fear. Now, I'm only one person, but you can assist me. Will you reject this message and go on with your normal life? Or will you heed this message and come to me, Dr. Kyte Almani, and learn the ways of an Esper, changing your life as you now it?" - A Dream Message sent from Dr. Almani to the psychologically gifted.

This is a currently unnamed RP which I have done as a 1x1 before hand which takes place in a normal, peaceful world, only to be disrupted by physical manifestations of Fear. The normal human eye can't see them, but those with psychic powers, the Espers, have full visual of them, although the untrained Esper only sees them as a faint distortion of light. These "Fearlings" cause chaos and mischief to those in the area, but some absorb enough grief and fear that they grow stronger, eventually attacking people while remaining unseen. This is where our Espers come in. Each Esper has a unique trait significant to him or her, such as pyromancy or being able to create gadgets with one's mind, along with an object that helps represent that trait, known as a Psycho-Weapon, or PW. As an addition to this trait, each Esper has access to a being known as a Familiar which can fuse with its Esper's PW in order to make a weapon able to combat the Fearlings and destroy them. Think of it like Persona for those who know what Persona is. As our characters grow in their combat ability, so will their relationships as well as the power of the Fear in the physical world. So, if you have any questions, please post it in the thread or PM me if you can. Hope you like it, because I'd love to get this RP up and running!

Another thing: You can also find me on TS (teamspeak) and the shoutbox/chat

Also, this RP has a limited amount of spots, I'll probably make it 7 or 8 people, so be quick and snipe those reservations! If I feel like it, I may allow more spots in the future.

Okay..Very interesting, but I do have two questions.

What is the time frame that the roleplay will be based in? Like..modern, historical, or futuristic... Also, what is the prefix?

I dunno' if I'm asking these correctly. Just curious.

Kay....I'll think about it...I can't promise anything, so I wouldn't take up a spot for me just in case.

@Flip Jester Boy I'm working on my character right now flip. Tell me when You've made the RP please ^_^

I'm not going out today, I thought I was but plans changed and I'm house sitting my own house instead since my brother would be home alone otherwise when hes feeling like crap.

*thumbs up* so character should be done in 30min - 3 hours. Hopefully

If you have room, I shall join.

I am interested as well. Also, do fearlings have specific appearances or maybe classes? Like do fearlings that manifest from the fear of the dark share similar behavior, appearance and abilities?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back