• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy What Came Through the Rift Reboot - A Modern Fantasy RP - OPEN

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
[class=wrapper] width:80vw; max-width:300px; height:420px; margin:auto;center; flex-wrap:wrap; border:1px solid #840505; overflow:hidden; background:url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/572933248720830464/576550744015110185/image0.jpg); background-size:100%; z-index:3px; [/class] [class=scroll] width:90vw; max-width:310px; height:100%; overflow-y:auto; [/class] [class=textbox] width:80vw; max-width:300px; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:12px; color:#212121; padding:2px; background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.9); position:relative; top:420px; [/class] [class=overlay] width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-461px; left:-10px; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:25px; color:#fff; text-shadow:3px 2px 0px #840505; z-index:2px; [/class] [class=tags] opacity:0.0; width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-490px; left:-10px; text-align:right; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:10px; color:#ccc; z-index:3px; transition: all 0.3s ease; [/class] [class name=tags state=hover] opacity:1.0; transform: translateY(20px); [/class] [class=credit] width:80vw; max-width:300px; opacity:0.5; font-family:Heebo; font-size:8px; margin:auto;center; [/class]
[div class=wrapper][div class=scroll]
[div class=textbox]

Rowan appreciated the patience his brother undertook for Rose, something he hadn’t seen from him since his childhood. The sickness overtook the time the two could’ve used to bond, but despite that, the unspoken connection couldn’t be stronger. Smiling at his girl, who excitedly babbled to her uncle at lightning speed, he bent down to her level. “I’ve got to go dear, please don’t be a bother to anyone.” Rose snapped from her uncle, hurrying to her father to collide in a hug. “Use your manners, and you know the rest.” He felt her head nod in his shoulder, as he ran a gentle hand to straighten her hair. “I should be back this evening, till then have a good time.” Letting go of his girl, he glanced up at Seamus with his icy eyes, acknowledging his help with a nod. He didn’t like to leave Rose like this, but it was necessary to make his living. Hurrying out the door, he’d leave his brother to lock up. He couldn’t stay knowing he was leaving his girl...

The tunnels to the headquarters always seemed to poison his thoughts. Rowan wasn’t sure why, but the dew and the solidarity always seemed to kickstart bad memories...

“You’re insane!” Joanne shoved at his chest lightly, laughing as he exaggerated the push. “How so?” Rowan jested, snatching her hand into his as his icy eyes locked into her ambers. “We can’t afford a honeymoon to the woods, that’ll be all my money waiting tables an.” “Who said you were paying?” He raised a eyebrow, removing a wad of cash from his back pocket. “This is enough for a week in a cabin in the woods, undisturbed. Just me and you.” Pulling his wife in by her hip, her blonde hair falling lazily over her face. Rowan dragged a finger to move the curtain of gold, revealing her impish smile. “Mr. Rowan O’Donehey, you know how I feel about your income.” Shrugging lightly, he looked down into her eyes. “Mrs. Joanne O’Donehey, you know how I feel about your well-being. Money is just a means to sustain it.” The two intertwined in a kiss, the warmth sending his heart racing...

Rowan paused his step, leaning against the wall to steady himself from the flashback. God... Why did it hurt... He needed to hurry. These halls never did him good. Quickening his steps, the modernized room s in the tunnels began to reveal themselves, indicating his arrival. Making a quick turn, he made his way through the the halls, and paused at the door he intended. Leaning his head in, he spotted Cor within its confinement’s. “Ready?

[/div][/div][/div][div class=credit]credits @RI.a[/div][div class=overlay]Rowan O’Donehey[/div][div class=tags] Seamus, Cor
Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser xAlter xAlter [/div]

[div class=background][div class=second] [div class=topimg]
[div class=back] go back [/div][/div] [div class=border][div class=opacitybg][/div] [div class=box] One would think it was a normal day; however, after the bombing and the R.I.C.T. mess-up, it was clear that it was anything but normal. Klaus had already been at the Headquarters by then, as he always does like to stay there. He had seen the explosions happen. It was a bit far away so they weren't affected by them, but he was worried about what had happened. The R.I.C.T. officers had already started to rally forward and handled the situation but he was already receiving multiple reports about what had happened. Some sort of gas attack from the officers that resulted in the deaths of dozens of innocent nonhumans. He couldn't bring himself to think that the R.I.C.T. would even do something like that. From their dealings, he had received no indications that they were doing something wrong. Perhaps he will find out the truth eventually.

Nevertheless, Klaus went on with his day. The other members of the A.R.S. seemed relatively unharmed and he greeted them all by name as they passed him by. Vasco had already entered and he saw Syndrax pass by. They were two of his oldest members - and he didn't mean by age. They were older than him by at least a decade - Syndrax even more so with centuries stacked on him. In any case, they had joined the A.R.S. at a relatively early time. He's given them more freedom in their independent projects with knowledge that they would be more than capable of taking care of their experiments than the younger minds.

It was a relatively slow day. Some of the members had already been sent up for Project Rift but Klaus was still in a relatively relaxed situation right now. Maybe he should start another side project or maybe the R.I.C.T. needs something new. That was when he saw someone barreling towards him - poor man looked like his skin was peeling off at the seams. With creased eyebrows and an inquisitive gaze, he looked down at the man as he lands near him.

"The glory above demands your presence at the House of the Heralds, Alyssha Queen of Serpents"

And then he started to melt. The sickening sound of the body simply reducing to nothing but bones and organs and a pool of something acid-like in nature. Klaus narrowed his eyes and people were whispering - some might be close to vomiting. He didn't blame them. He knew better than to try and touch something like that so he called up the cleaners to take care of it. They seemed very bothered and Klaus, again, didn't blame them. Who could do something like this? Well, obviously, whoever had requested his presence in the cult.

"Fascinating." He muttered to himself. His curiosity bested his own sense of self-preservation. However, he had to let someone know what he would be doing. So he proceeded upwards - towards the office of Vasco and saw that Syndrax was there as well. Excellent. He didn't have to tell them separately. "Good morning, the both of you." He greeted them first but the usual smile on his face wasn't present. "There was a situation downstairs and it seems like the local cult... the Heralds was it? Yes. Them. In any case, they request of my presence and I'm quite curious as to what they intend to do." He reached up to fiddle with his tie, something he did when he was nervous or excited. "So can you look after the HQ for a bit?"
[/div][/div][/div] [div class=first] [div class=words][div class=i]K[/div]laus [div class=i]J[/div]arsdel
[div class=bottomwords]Interacting with: Refaulted Refaulted xAlter xAlter (Syn)
Mentioned: KnightSergeant KnightSergeant (Selashin/NPC)
[/div][/div] [div class=line][div class=fimgb][div class=input] [div class=block][div class=inputwords] go forward [/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class=c]made by: @undine[/div] [script class=input on=click] slideUp 2000 first fadeIn 1000 second [/script] [script class=back on=click] slideDown 2000 first [/script] [script class=input on=mouseenter] addClass op inputwords [/script] [script class=input on=mouseleave] removeClass op inputwords [/script] [class=background]height: 400px; max-width: 600px; boz-sixing: border-box; margin: auto; position: relative; overflow: hidden; border: 1px solid #f1f1f1 [/class] [class=first]height: 100%; width: 100%; background: #CFCFCF; opacity: 0.99; position: relative; top: -400px [/class] [class=second]height: 100%; width: 100%; background-image:url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/97/fd/92/97fd92affd087ac4a632bfd1549a47cd.jpg); background-size:105%; background-position: 0% 30%; opacity: 1; position: relative; top: 0px [/class] [class=back]width:100%; height: 40px; padding: 20px 0px 0px 0px; margin: auto; font-weight: 700; letter-spacing: 1.5px; word-spacing: 1.5px; font-size: 13px; color: white; position: relative; top: 305px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: pointer [/class] [class=line]height: 2px; width: 100%; background: white; position: relative; top: 130px [/class] [class=fimgb]position: relative; top: -95px; margin: auto; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); height: 180px; width: 180px; background: #fff; padding: 7px [/class] [class=input]cursor: pointer; height: 180px; width: 180px; background-image: url(http://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wingsoffirefanon/images/4/42/1§.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180806190151); background-size: 120%; background-position: 55% 100%; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); filter: saturate(70%) [/class] [class=inputwords]height: 10px; padding: 5px 5px 10px 5px; width: 100%; display: block; background: #fff; color: #444444; position: relative; top: 85px; font-size: 10px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; text-align: center; transition: all .4s ease-in-out; opacity: 0; position: relative [/class] [class name=op]opacity: 1 [/class] [class name=words]height:100px; width: 100%; font-size: 25px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; position: absolute; color: #444444; top: 250px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 4.5px; text-transform: uppercase [/class] [class=topimg]height:100%; width:100%; filter: saturate(110%); transition: all .5s ease-in-out; position: relative; top: 0px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=topimg state=hover]filter: saturate(150%); [/class] [class=topwords]width:130px; height: 7%; border-bottom: 1px solid #94A12C; font-size: 12px; color: black; position: relative; top: 220px; margin: auto; font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif; font-weight: 700; word-spacing: 1px; letter-spacing: 1px; [/class] [class=bottomwords]height: 100%; width: 100%; font-size: 0.45em; text-transform: lowercase; text-align: center; font-style: oblique; top: -5px; line-height: 14px; letter-spacing: 0.2px; position: relative; top: 10px [/class] [class=border]height: 300px; width: 345px; position: relative; margin:auto; top: -371px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=opacitybg]height: 289px; width: 350px; border: 1px solid white; background: black; opacity: 0.8; margin: auto; position: relative; top: 5px [/class] [class=i]display: inline-block; font-size: 30px; font-style: italic [/class] [class=box]height: 80%; width: 90%; padding: 5px; font-size: 11px; font-family: 'Hind', sans-serif; margin: auto; position: relative; top: -265px; line-height:16px; word-spacing: -0px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify [/class] [class=over]height: 25px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; width: 100%; background: #ACACAC; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 700; text-transform: uppercase; position: sticky; top: 0px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class=num]display: inline-block; font-size: 11px; font-weight: 700 [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class]

FntQpo2.jpg

Sarah/Kit

Sarah reacted as soon as she saw the grenade going off, although from the outside it would look somewhat perplexing. The entity everyone there thought was Sarah Kane froze up suddenly, flinching at the sight of the falling grenade At the same time something else's energy flared, and a strange construct of energy formed around the grenade on the floor. When it went off with a muffled boom the construct broke, but the initial explosion and shrapnel was contained. For a moment everything was still. Then they darted towards the window at a slightly odd speed, before throwing themselves bodily out of it.

The next few seconds were mostly conveyed at the speed of thought. Kit activated the glide arrays she had put into Sarah's coat while Sarah evalutated the street beneath them. Sarah made her thoughts clear, a quick and dirty fight observation, Suspect on the run. We can't pursue without showing our hand and not necessarily achieving anything. Ground team is on his tail but he has a lead and likely an escape plan. Kit spoke up in their head then, I have an idea. If I can get you an angle do you think you can get a shot? Sarah's response was short and to the point. Yes.

Kit turned into the gliding fall across the street focusing on keeping them steady and at the speed sweet spot. Sarah in the mean time just waited, watching Dr. Harston climb the ladder and pull himself onto the roof. There, right there. Manifesting the offensive part of her wraith abilities, she fired. A beam of golden energy arced out from a spot above and to the right of the falling body's shoulder, aimed squarely at the fleeing doctor's back. The noise it made was an unsettling one, a bright, chiming blast. Her job done Kit let them speed up as they came to a slightly heavy landing on the opposite side of the street to the RICT building. They immediately started running down the street. They couldn't catch up most likely, but they should be around to backup the ground forces at least.

Shot at: ReverseTex ReverseTex Present: AI10100 AI10100 Zamasu Zamasu

Joseph was very aware of the sudden commotion as he soon as he entered. His hurt pride now saw Ouroboros members everywhere, and clearly both of these two outside were meant to protect Eric from him, should Joseph decide that he was not fine with being extorted. Αnd, he had to admit. As soon as Eric named the price, he came awfully close to confirming their fears. His fists clenched to the point of the skin becoming white, his breathing got faster, and every inch of his body language screamed "I will maim you and anyone you've ever known". Mike screeching as loud as he could did very little to help the situation. After a few seconds that would seem like an eternity to both inhabitants of the room, with the glass of whiskey having started to tremble slightly in Joseph's hand, as he tried to stop the Wraith from ruining everything, he spoke in a low, strained voice

"You...drive one hell of a Bargain, Eric. I understand why, though. Information is highly coveted and all that jazz. I'm willing to let you fleece me like this, but I have a term to set first: The price stays constant. eighty-thousand a week. No sudden spikes, No attempts at extortion. This is just business. Agree to this, and we're set. You shall have your first payment within the next two days."

He chugged down the last of his whiskey, in an attempt to calm himself. "I'm probably going to need you to throw in a bottle of that stuff, too. I kinda need to drown myself in whiskey in order to forget what I'm being made to do".

His attention was drawn away from the man standing in front of him by a door creaking open. Eric's...Sister? -He was fairly certain she was his sister- peeked inside, asking for a bed to treat "an idiot". While Joseph had a few his his stims in his Satchel, basically drugs that were imbued with healing magic. However, there was no point in wasting them to patch up a guild member. It was unlikely it would gain him any favor with the cold-blooded bastards, anyway. For now, he would just sit there, waiting to see how the situation would unfold.

Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser AI10100 AI10100

Coriander Muir
Interactions: Rowan ReverseTex ReverseTex
Cor sat at his desk, papers scattered around the room. He was coming off a frenzy of sorts, having to coordinate multiple different divisions in the guild to effectively handle backlash from the attack. Of course, while the protest, nor the attack were sanctioned by Ouroboros command, some of public still believed that an Ouroboros contract was the root cause for the massacre. Rubbing his head in exasperation, Cor took another drink from the multitude of coffee cups scattered across his desk. Hearing a voice call, he looked up to see Rowan.

"Rowan!" he greeted excitedly. Standing up to clear a place for one of his most trusted members. Quickly removing the papers from one of the guest chairs, Cor shoved them into a filing cabinet that he had, one already bursting with other documents. Cor wasn't the neatest of people, but he always managed to stay organized somehow. There was order in his chaos, somehow. Sitting back down, Cor motioned for Rowan to come in. He turned his gaze back to the television he had on the wall, turning it off with a quick flick. "Can you believe that? They're blaming us for the attack! We don't profit or benefit off it! Like, we're one of the most anti-Reclaimer factions right now, but still!" Sighing in defeat, Cor stared at a picture on his desk. It was of Myra laughing in the woods. They had gone camping one weekend, to simply escape the worries of the guild. It was one of the few peaceful moments they had.

Turning serious, Cor looked to Rowan, and folded his hands upon his desk. "Moving on to more serious matters..." he started. "As to why I called you here. You've been one of my most trusted members, an adviser to myself and countless other members in the guild. What I'm about to ask you is of the utmost importance. This is priority 0 contact. No one is to know of this conversation." Standing Cor looked directly at Rowan, his eyes belaying a sort of pleading one has never seen before in the commander of the Ouroboros guild. Standing before Rowan was Belial, asking, no begging for assistance. "How did you do it?" he asked, his voice straining. "How did you Rowan O'Donehey do it?! How?! How did you handle all the mood swings, the morning sickness, and my god, the food cravings! Like they aren't affecting me directly, but how?!" By this point Cor was ranting, pacing around his office. "It's fucking 2 AM and Myra wakes me up for vanilla ice cream, peanut butter, and pickles! LIKE HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?! HOW DID YOU DO IT?!"

Last edited:
Vasco was engrossed in his sketching, drawing out different runic arrays on the paper, his hand flowing over the paper. If one was watching, they could see his face begin to light up, seeming like he was on the verge of finding the answer to whatever problem he was pursuing. But then, his smile would disappear, and he would crumple up a piece of paper, tossing it to the side, not caring where it landed. Then, with a fresh piece of paper, he would begin drawing once more. If anything, in the A.R.S., Vasco was one of the most notorious wasters of the group's paper.

Vasco had tuned everything out, not realizing that Syndrax had walked up and was standing in the doorway to his office. When the dragonfolk spoke, Vasco jolted straight up, his hand holding his pen moving wildly around the page. He held his hand to his chest, then relaxed once he realized who it was. He pulled himself out of his previous mindset as he looked down at his now ruined sketch. He stared at it for a couple seconds, before proceeding to crumple it up into a ball like the other ones and threw it towards the wastebasket, missing it as he smiled at his colleague. "Good morning to you, too, Syn. You seem like your excited for another day of work." He wiped his hands under his own eyelids, pointing out the other man's own bags that he had. "You seem to have gotten a very restful sleep last night." He laughed, deep and loud. He then stopped, holding a hand up defensively. "Just teasing you, Syn. Gotta have some fun this early in the morning, yeah?" He motioned over to his coffeemaker. "Freshly brewed, if you're interested at all."

Vasco looked down at his desk and waved an arm dismissively. "As for new works? I'm still in the 'is it worth my time' phase of things. I want to see if my idea will even work on paper before I decide to start drawing things with reckless abandon." His eyes lit up as he spoke, though, showing his excitement. "But if it has potential, then it may be the highlight of my personal career. And that's really something to look forward to." He shrugged his shoulders as he leaned back in his chair, grabbing his coffee and taking a long sip. When he put it down, he gave a satisfied sigh. "Of course, if it's a total failure, then it'll have just been a waste of time. But someone like me has all the time in the world, right?" He pulled at a strand of his near-white hair for emphasis, laughing once more. "Anyways, what about you? Anything keeping you interested these days?"

At that moment, Klaus appeared, addressing the two of them at the same time. Vasco put down his mug, his attention now fully on the leader of the A.R.S. While Vasco had been working with Klaus for a long enough time he didn't have to act too professional with the man, he was still in charge of the Society, and so if the man needed something Vasco didn't want to blow it off. Years in the military had conditioned him that way. And with how he was acting, something definitely seemed off. The same excitement was in his eyes, but he was fidgety, and when he gave a brief description, Vasco was even more curious. Local cults? there were plenty of those in Edgewater. But calling out the head of the A.R.S.? That was a little suspicious.

Vasco leaned forwards as Klaus finished up, nodding. "Of course, Klaus. We can handle ourselves and everyone else here long enough to keep the place from blowing up. But is this really a good idea? I mean, just diving into some random invitation a cult sends you? What if it's, I don't know, some sort of trap to get you to spill any A.R.S. secrets? And you could get hurt, you know?" Vasco's eyes quickly scanned down to one of the drawers of his desk, slightly ajar, where he could see the glossy black metal so familiar to him, before moving back up to look at his colleagues. "Shouldn't one of us join you?"

xAlter xAlter (Syndrax Schneider), AI10100 AI10100 (Klaus Jarsdel)

[class=wrapper] width:80vw; max-width:300px; height:420px; margin:auto;center; flex-wrap:wrap; border:1px solid #840505; overflow:hidden; background:url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/572933248720830464/576550744015110185/image0.jpg); background-size:100%; z-index:3px; [/class] [class=scroll] width:90vw; max-width:310px; height:100%; overflow-y:auto; [/class] [class=textbox] width:80vw; max-width:300px; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:12px; color:#212121; padding:2px; background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.9); position:relative; top:420px; [/class] [class=overlay] width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-461px; left:-10px; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:25px; color:#fff; text-shadow:3px 2px 0px #840505; z-index:2px; [/class] [class=tags] opacity:0.0; width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-490px; left:-10px; text-align:right; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:10px; color:#ccc; z-index:3px; transition: all 0.3s ease; [/class] [class name=tags state=hover] opacity:1.0; transform: translateY(20px); [/class] [class=credit] width:80vw; max-width:300px; opacity:0.5; font-family:Heebo; font-size:8px; margin:auto;center; [/class]
[div class=wrapper][div class=scroll]
[div class=textbox]

Rowan always felt slightly awkward entering the man’s office, which typically was a organized mess. Maybe it was his age compared to Cor’s, nonetheless he tucked his hands politely behind him as the man cleared a space for him. Taking the seat, his eyes followed Cor’s to the TV. “To be frank, the only thing I’ve truly heard on the attack is the basics. Some nut at RICT organized with the Reclaimers. I muted it after that, don’t need scary notions around the household...” He wasn’t surprised when Cor told him the blame was trying to be shoved upon Ouroboros, it made sense. To be fair, likely every faction in Edgewater was facing the same problem. Minus the Reclaimers.

Cor’s tone shifted abruptly, someone more worrisome and concerned taking the stead of the usual outgoing Cor. This demanded his full attention, crossing his leg, as he adjusted himself to face the younger man across from him...

“How did you do it?”

What followed next lightly drowned out within his head, the realization of the conversation hitting him in full force. He briefly noticed Cor begin his pacing, but Rowan’s mind was elsewhere. They’re expecting a child... Cor and Myra were young, though not much younger than him at the time. But, he realized he needed to say something. Running a nervous hand through his hair, he sighed. “Parenthood is a team effort once that child is out of the womb. Till then, you’re at the will of Myra I’m afraid... That woman is making a human life, you cannot rush nor argue with the process. No matter what I tell you in this office, or nine months from now will ever establish how important that life will affect you.” Standing up to face Cor, he gently grabbed the man’s shoulders. “Don’t take this time for granted... You don’t know what I would give to have it back. It may seem hard, it may seem annoying for you, but just imagine how hard it is on Myra. Pregnancy is the hardest thing a woman can go through, and you’re complaining about how it annoys you? That’s not how it works son.”

Letting go of him, Rowan chuckled lightly. “You try to make a child. Let me know how that goes.”

[/div][/div][/div][div class=credit]credits @RI.a[/div][div class=overlay]Rowan O’Donehey[/div][div class=tags] Cor
xAlter xAlter [/div]

- September 3rd, 2042 -

Eric watched Joseph carefully as the other man reacted to the price he'd quoted, outwardly calm, but inwardly ready to spring into action at the slightest hint of violence. Fortunately, he did not need to do anything quite yet as the other man restrained himself before speaking.

"Unfortunately, I do not have the authority to promise that, my superiors within the guild set the prices. However, I will be sure to convey your request to them," Eric responded, before catching sight of Sam coming through the storage room door, covered in blood. Eric's mind immediately went into panic mode, though he remained completely calm on the surface. He began to run through all the different scenarios in which she might have gotten hurt until he was snapped out of it by the sound of her voice.

It was only then that Eric noticed Lilly, lying heavily injured on the floor of the storage room. This sight, combined with Sam saying that she needed somewhere to patch Lilly up, finally made him realize that it was Lilly's blood on Sam and that his sister was fine. Breathing a massive internal sigh of relief Eric stepped into the storage room to get a better look at the injured woman, Joseph being there all but forgotten.

"I don't think we should move her any more than you already have," he told Sam after a short inspection, pulling out his phone as he did so, "I'll send a message to Seamus, asking for him to come here."

Interactions:
    Myra ( xAlter xAlter ), Joseph ( Athanas Athanas ), Yune ( fIora fIora ), Sam ( AI10100 AI10100 ), Lilly ( SweetRose SweetRose )

[div class=back] go back [/div][/div] [div class=border][div class=opacitybg][/div] [div class=box] "Alright. You're the guy who knows more about healing than breaking." Sam shrugged when Eric suggested that they shouldn't move Lilly any more than she had. True, from the extent of her injuries, all the jostling around from taking her there would have surely put her in more pain - but she wasn't about to leave her to the warehouse to look for a doctor that wouldn't even question why. Still, if she were thinking straight, maybe she would have taken her to Seamus but she wasn't exactly in the calmest of positions now was she? "Thanks!" She exclaimed, grinning brightly at her brother before looking down on her own clothing. Yep, she was soaked with the blood of Lilly and a couple of other people she could never name. Maybe her target's blood is here too. Nevertheless, she knew she had to change her clothing. She could sneak upstairs through the window to make sure no one sees her in such a state - people tend to ask questions.

Seamus appeared in record time. He always did. Sam got patched up by this doctor a couple of times - more than she cared to admit. As someone who had less questions about the nature of the job they partake in that resulted in those injuries, Seamus had always been the go-to person for some good old patching up. Being the brother of Rowan and co-babysitter helped a lot with her getting to know him too. Sure, he was prone to flying off the handle sometimes and he had this really cool arcane prosthetic but she was pretty sure that it was highly dangerous too. When Seamus entered the room, Sam had taken a position near the door, propping herself up on the wall.

As expected, he went to work and asked the bare minimum question. "When I got there, she was barely even conscious." She explained first as she drew closer, far enough so that she wouldn't be an obstacle in healing but close enough so that they can talk properly. "Apparently, she got hit by a grenade. Ya know how it is with suicide bombers. Anyway, she said she didn't get hit directly but she wasn't fast enough to get out of the way completely. She was fighting like more than ten people so she might have some wounds from the fight." She wasn't exactly sure if Lilly even got hit from those guys. With the element of surprise, she could definitely taken them on without breaking a sweat. "I carried her all the way here. Sorry about that but I couldn't leave her there. Needed a safe place you know?" She continued guiltily, rubbing the back of her head.

[/div][/div][/div] [div class=first] [div class=words][div class=i]S[/div]am [div class=i]C[/div]rawford
[div class=bottomwords]Interacting with: SweetRose SweetRose (Lilly), Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser (Eric and Seamus)
Mentioned:
[/div][/div] [div class=line][div class=fimgb][div class=input] [div class=block][div class=inputwords] go forward [/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class=c]made by: @undine[/div] [script class=input on=click] slideUp 2000 first fadeIn 1000 second [/script] [script class=back on=click] slideDown 2000 first [/script] [script class=input on=mouseenter] addClass op inputwords [/script] [script class=input on=mouseleave] removeClass op inputwords [/script] [class=background]height: 400px; max-width: 600px; boz-sixing: border-box; margin: auto; position: relative; overflow: hidden; border: 1px solid #f1f1f1 [/class] [class=first]height: 100%; width: 100%; background: #CFCFCF; opacity: 0.99; position: relative; top: -400px [/class] [class=second]height: 100%; width: 100%; background-image:url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6a/67/e1/6a67e16053ce57d0ca8350290de6ebaf.jpg); background-size:105%; background-position: 0% 30%; opacity: 1; position: relative; top: 0px [/class] [class=back]width:100%; height: 40px; padding: 20px 0px 0px 0px; margin: auto; font-weight: 700; letter-spacing: 1.5px; word-spacing: 1.5px; font-size: 13px; color: white; position: relative; top: 305px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: pointer [/class] [class=line]height: 2px; width: 100%; background: white; position: relative; top: 130px [/class] [class=fimgb]position: relative; top: -95px; margin: auto; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); height: 180px; width: 180px; background: #fff; padding: 7px [/class] [class=input]cursor: pointer; height: 180px; width: 180px; background-image: url(http://www.marottaonmoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/pile-of-gold-coins_b.png); background-size: 120%; background-position: 55% 100%; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); filter: saturate(70%) [/class] [class=inputwords]height: 10px; padding: 5px 5px 10px 5px; width: 100%; display: block; background: #fff; color: #444444; position: relative; top: 85px; font-size: 10px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; text-align: center; transition: all .4s ease-in-out; opacity: 0; position: relative [/class] [class name=op]opacity: 1 [/class] [class name=words]height:100px; width: 100%; font-size: 25px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; position: absolute; color: #444444; top: 250px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 4.5px; text-transform: uppercase [/class] [class=topimg]height:100%; width:100%; filter: saturate(110%); transition: all .5s ease-in-out; position: relative; top: 0px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=topimg state=hover]filter: saturate(150%); [/class] [class=topwords]width:130px; height: 7%; border-bottom: 1px solid #94A12C; font-size: 12px; color: black; position: relative; top: 220px; margin: auto; font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif; font-weight: 700; word-spacing: 1px; letter-spacing: 1px; [/class] [class=bottomwords]height: 100%; width: 100%; font-size: 0.45em; text-transform: lowercase; text-align: center; font-style: oblique; top: -5px; line-height: 14px; letter-spacing: 0.2px; position: relative; top: 10px [/class] [class=border]height: 300px; width: 345px; position: relative; margin:auto; top: -371px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=opacitybg]height: 289px; width: 350px; border: 1px solid white; background: black; opacity: 0.8; margin: auto; position: relative; top: 5px [/class] [class=i]display: inline-block; font-size: 30px; font-style: italic [/class] [class=box]height: 80%; width: 90%; padding: 5px; font-size: 11px; font-family: 'Hind', sans-serif; margin: auto; position: relative; top: -265px; line-height:16px; word-spacing: -0px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify [/class] [class=over]height: 25px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; width: 100%; background: #ACACAC; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 700; text-transform: uppercase; position: sticky; top: 0px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class=num]display: inline-block; font-size: 11px; font-weight: 700 [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class]

[div class=back] go back [/div][/div] [div class=border][div class=opacitybg][/div] [div class=box] Sitras listened to the doctor's explanation - calm and kind even. He claimed it was a mistake; however, if it had been in its more experimental stages, then why was it already tested in such a chaotic environment? They could have handled it without a problem even without the Bythine gas. He crossed his arms and was about to question him more when Sarah had come up and announced that he was to detain Dr. Jody and his team under suspicion of intentional sabotage along with orders of placing high-ranking guards for them. Wraithbound. Wait, how did she know? Sitras hadn't noticed in their talk.

But that wasn't important. Sitras had stepped forward - his relaxed body movement immediately turning aggressive to try and detain the doctor. However, Dr. Jody had dropped a grenade and dashed for the window. He saw Chiesler charge forward to catch Jody. Sarah had contained the explosion of the grenade and had immediately leaped down to pursue Jody as well. Sitras stared for a moment - contemplating whether he should follow or not. After determining that he would be of no particular use in the chase considering other officers are already on the case, Sitras had marched right back into the comms station. If they could handle Jody in real time, he had to make sure that every officer knew that they should keep a lookout. And there was still... well... everything else to handle.

There wasn't really much he could do aside from alert officers to keep a lookout for Jody. He then turned his attention back to the detached forces that had been sent to deal with the bombs and the massacre by that Reclaimer wannabee. Which he still needs to search for. As well as the remaining Reclaimers that had managed to escape in the chaos. And to recall the R.I.C.T. officers that had released the Bythine gas and likely suspend them for a while. It would do them no favors to the nonhuman community - his community - to not do anything to those responsible. But they still needed to catch Jody.

This was not a good day at all.

[/div][/div][/div] [div class=first] [div class=words][div class=i]S[/div]itras [div class=i]D[/div]rumsfik
[div class=bottomwords]Interacting with:
Mentioned: SweetRose SweetRose (Kit/Sarah)
[/div][/div] [div class=line][div class=fimgb][div class=input] [div class=block][div class=inputwords] go forward [/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class=c]made by: @undine[/div] [script class=input on=click] slideUp 2000 first fadeIn 1000 second [/script] [script class=back on=click] slideDown 2000 first [/script] [script class=input on=mouseenter] addClass op inputwords [/script] [script class=input on=mouseleave] removeClass op inputwords [/script] [class=background]height: 400px; max-width: 600px; boz-sixing: border-box; margin: auto; position: relative; overflow: hidden; border: 1px solid #f1f1f1 [/class] [class=first]height: 100%; width: 100%; background: #CFCFCF; opacity: 0.99; position: relative; top: -400px [/class] [class=second]height: 100%; width: 100%; background-image:url(https://www.nationalgeographic.com/content/dam/photography/photos/000/675/67547.ngsversion.1467941445762.adapt.1900.1.jpg); background-size:105%; background-position: 0% 30%; opacity: 1; position: relative; top: 0px [/class] [class=back]width:100%; height: 40px; padding: 20px 0px 0px 0px; margin: auto; font-weight: 700; letter-spacing: 1.5px; word-spacing: 1.5px; font-size: 13px; color: white; position: relative; top: 305px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: pointer [/class] [class=line]height: 2px; width: 100%; background: white; position: relative; top: 130px [/class] [class=fimgb]position: relative; top: -95px; margin: auto; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); height: 180px; width: 180px; background: #fff; padding: 7px [/class] [class=input]cursor: pointer; height: 180px; width: 180px; background-image: url(https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/t/air-bubbles-98213.jpg); background-size: 120%; background-position: 55% 100%; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); filter: saturate(70%) [/class] [class=inputwords]height: 10px; padding: 5px 5px 10px 5px; width: 100%; display: block; background: #fff; color: #444444; position: relative; top: 85px; font-size: 10px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; text-align: center; transition: all .4s ease-in-out; opacity: 0; position: relative [/class] [class name=op]opacity: 1 [/class] [class name=words]height:100px; width: 100%; font-size: 25px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; position: absolute; color: #444444; top: 250px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 4.5px; text-transform: uppercase [/class] [class=topimg]height:100%; width:100%; filter: saturate(110%); transition: all .5s ease-in-out; position: relative; top: 0px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=topimg state=hover]filter: saturate(150%); [/class] [class=topwords]width:130px; height: 7%; border-bottom: 1px solid #94A12C; font-size: 12px; color: black; position: relative; top: 220px; margin: auto; font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif; font-weight: 700; word-spacing: 1px; letter-spacing: 1px; [/class] [class=bottomwords]height: 100%; width: 100%; font-size: 0.45em; text-transform: lowercase; text-align: center; font-style: oblique; top: -5px; line-height: 14px; letter-spacing: 0.2px; position: relative; top: 10px [/class] [class=border]height: 300px; width: 345px; position: relative; margin:auto; top: -371px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=opacitybg]height: 289px; width: 350px; border: 1px solid white; background: black; opacity: 0.8; margin: auto; position: relative; top: 5px [/class] [class=i]display: inline-block; font-size: 30px; font-style: italic [/class] [class=box]height: 80%; width: 90%; padding: 5px; font-size: 11px; font-family: 'Hind', sans-serif; margin: auto; position: relative; top: -265px; line-height:16px; word-spacing: -0px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify [/class] [class=over]height: 25px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; width: 100%; background: #ACACAC; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 700; text-transform: uppercase; position: sticky; top: 0px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class=num]display: inline-block; font-size: 11px; font-weight: 700 [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class]

Gilmark
location:downtown/store interaction: rhin Thorn_Reaper Thorn_Reaper
it started off as a normal day for gilmark spending much of the morning mixing up a new batch of potions the recent events happened unbenounced to him that was until the downtown bomb exploded blowing up across the road destroying the store only then did gilmark look up form the large vat "what the heck?" was gilmarks only reaction, leaving the backroom off the store only to see the rubble of the now destroyed store "well either this is aggressive marketing or something's gone wrong" even thought he was talking to himself he thought it was funny enough to make him chuckle slightly before grabbing a couple of healing potions because honestly what was better publicity then saving some people? leaving the building with the potions the first thing he spotted in the wreckage was some...bodies crushed under tones of rubble it made him cringe slightly "well that just...grim" he then spotted the kitsune girl two large pieces of concrete flanking her she looked injured, and also seemed to be the only one alive here.. almost nonchalauntly walking towards her he with a smile asked "you ok there? look like your pretty banged up there"

Lavish chambers spread about before her, a sea of pillows and blankets only interrupted by the half hidden bodies of exalts and heralds that jutted out like small, snoring islands, having partaken in the gifts of T’iiran the night before. The walls were gilded with statues and luxurious curtains that seemed to pulse as if alive when one looked at them too long, and at the back of the room was a large lounge chair that was almost the size of a bed. Its frame was made of a polished mahogany that seemed to twist and contort into an epic that changed and shimmered as if in perpetual action. There the Queen of Serpents lay. She was splayed out across the length of the daybed, three or four blankets and sheets fit for kings hiding her form as effectively as a child caught for their first robbery. In her hand she held a pipe longer than her forearm , a single finger beneath it acting as a makeshift trust, and whiter than a winter snow. The long burned pit of ashes and herbs smoldered as she took a long drag, her chest visibly swelling even through the cloak of blankets she wore. Her languid eyes slowly rose as the gates to the chamber shuddered, watching curiously as smoke roiled out from the small gap between her lips. On the floor in front of the lounge chair a lean body rested. The lamia lay with her head tucked on top of her arms, and her tail disappearing off into the room, seemingly asleep. The doors shuddered once more before slowly starting to part. Through the widening gap a handful of huddled men could be seen, hoods hiding their faces, and between them stood a surprisingly large man dressed up in a lab coat. With a deliberate slowness she knocked out the ashes of her pipe, beckoning him forward with her other hand.

"you are...not a hard man to find." There was the slightest twinge of disappointment in her voice, though it quickly disappeared as her lips curled into a a devious hint of a smile. "The glory be praised that you seem to have no regard for your own safety." A single foot - along with its accompanying calf - peeked out from the layers of cloth, slowly lowering until coming in contact with the ground between two discarded bodies. Standing up she fashioned the fabric around her with a simple spell, opting for a crimson toga that stopped just above her knees and allowed her shoulders to breathe freely, fastening it together at the hip with a snap of her fingers. A light throbbing in the back of head started up, like a drummer that had yet to crest a distant hill, but Selashin found it easy to ignore as she glanced at the figures flanking the prisoner, her burning eyes narrowing slightly. They understood quickly, bowing before backing out of the room, the door closing with a loud thud behind them. The lamia at her feet slowly rose, seeming to move almost lazily as more of her tail was revealed and she rubbed her cheek for a brief instant against the High Priestess’s hand. Her destination was made clear when her head popped up over Selashin’s left shoulder and she arranged the luxurious white hair with a care that seemed almost habitual, even as reverence still shone through. With her attire completed she sauntered towards the man, coming close enough that he could feel her burning breath roll across his skin as she curiously inspected him but staying far enough away as to not touch him unnecessarily. As the Queen of Serpents moved forward, her serpent seemed to follow almost as an after though, coming to rest on a convenient cushion a foot or two behind. Her fingers ran across his jaw and slowly drifted up into his messy hair as she circled around him like a predator, stopping to lean in over his shoulder. "Why have you come here, human? Do you wish to join know the glory, to know the true path?" The words came quickly one after the other, like knives being thrown in quick succession. Of course she knew he was the one that she had seen in her dream, now was just a matter of getting what she wanted from him.

AI10100 AI10100 feat SweetRose SweetRose

Myra Muir
Interactions: Joseph Athanas Athanas /Yune fIora fIora /Eric & Seamus & Rose Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser /Sam AI10100 AI10100 /Lilly SweetRose SweetRose
Myra observed silently as Yune continued to talk about her reactions to the attack. Of course, Yune being the guild lieutenant, aka the co-leader of the guild, would feel a need to clarify about whether they would attack or not. Yune was one of the more thoughtful and humane members of the guild, not saying there was a lack of people like that in the guild. Most members of the guild were there to make a living for themselves, or find a place to fit in. It was more lawful than some of the other factions, but they were still considered 'evil' in the eyes of the some of the public. They were just trying to find a way in the world, and before her darling Cor took over, the guild was lawless and chaotic.

"I get where you're coming from..." she responded, pushing her untouched drink away from her. "If we take action, we might be seen as the bad guys, whereas if we don't we're still the bad guys. It's a catch 22 for us." Hearing a slam at the back of the bar, Myra was instantly on edge. Underneath the table, she constructed a runic array, and in a brief flash of light, a golden dagger appeared in her hands. Getting up and hiding the dagger in the golds of her clothing, Myra walked back to the kitchen. "Eric... is everything alright?" she called out. Not hearing a response, Myra walked into the kitchen, sending a glare at Joseph who was still there.

Turning her head swiftly, Myra heard the sounds of a motorcycle being parked outside the bar. She watched as the door swung open, and Seamus came in with little Rose. He rushed past her and to the storage room. Catching a brief glance of who lay on the floor, Myra saw Kestrel's student and Sam covered in blood. Bringing a hand to cover her mouth and nose to keep the smell of blood out, Myra watched as Eric took Rose away. "Eric, why don't you go with Sam and Seamus. Yune and I can watch little Rosie." she suggested, stopping the taller man with a hand to the chest. Leaning in she whispered into his ear so only he could hear. "You should be in there in case anything happens with our customer." Stepping back, she gave him a wink and a smile. "How does that sound? Okay?"

Joseph sighed audibly as Eric failed to give him a reassuring answer regarding the pricing. It was pretty safe to assume that Ouroboros would underestimate his capabilities. When they realized that he could find ways to get their money, they would raise his price, citing "Increased demand" or something along those lines. They'd pat each other on the back, Laughing at how easy it was to extort this "stupid terrorist"... And then half of their operation would be bits of shrapnel and gore, costing them 4 times the money Joseph could've ever given them. Greed was one of the things that utterly infuriated him, and he got the feeling he'd be infuriated pretty soon. Still, there was no reason to jump the gun on the man. Maybe he'd actually try his best to convince his superiors. As he saw Eric rise to go to the storage room, he tagged behind him, wanting to get the last word in before leaving.

"Alright then. I assume it is settled, then. I will make sure to have the amount in about two days time. I will be se-" he paused abruptly. Lying there, in the middle of the storage room, was Lilly. And from the look of it, she was badly injured. Joseph exhaled sharply, this sight having been the last thing he'd have been expecting to see. He remained by the entrance as Eric left, wanting to help but having no clue as to how he'd go about achieving that. He finally managed to mumble a remark, in a low voice so as to not startle Sam, or the man that had brushed past him: "What does it look like? Will she make it?"

Understanding that this particular comment on it's own coming from a total stranger might not be enough on it's own, he continued: "I know this rabbitfolk. Her name's Lilly, and she has a hobby of going Reclaimer hunting. I have no business with her, though from what I know she has met up with a friend of mine. Doubt he was the one to do this to her, though. He does have a certain fondness for her..."
While outwardly only mildly concerned, his mind was racing: How was it possible that a killer so meticulous could've made so big a slip-up so as to require to be saved by a third party? A third party that would, doubtlessly, charge quite a lot for this kind of service. Perhaps the Reclaimers had an ace up the sleeve? Maybe they had found a way to utilize his network? Maybe-

His train of thought was cut off once more as an unknown woman entered the Kitchen and glared at him, Clearly not having liked him very much. Joseph responded by merely smiling at her, as though he was very happy to see her. He made a motion like a salute, using only two fingers, Before refocusing on the storage room, and the people trying to save the rabbitfolk.

Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser (Eric/Seamus) , SweetRose SweetRose (Lilly) , AI10100 AI10100 (Sam)

Rhin
Interaction: Gilmark Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Rhin breathe heavily. What had just happened? An attempt on her life? She looked around the destroyed building, noticing that not everyone had been as lucky as her. Many people had died. She could see puddles of blood coming from under nearby rubble. Her ears were ringing as she stood up. "You ok there? Looks like you're pretty banged up there." Someone said from behind her. Startled, she quickly turned and stared at the incubus. After a few second, her brain processed his words and she visibly relaxed.

"Y-Yes... I'm fine." She replied. She rubbed her back with one arm. It hurt a lot. Luckily, she didn't seemed to have broken nothing. At least nothing important. "Who are you?" She said, as she avoided staring directly at the incubus. She didn't want to be charmed, and she knew from experience that their kind were far from altruistic. She prepared herself to burn him, just in case. Then, her eyes were drawn towards the flasks on his hands.

They were filled with an strange liquid, which caught her attention. Probably she was overreacting but she almost died a moment ago, so she was very suspicious. "And what is that?" She asked, pointing at the flasks.

Yune Rasel Winten
everything that i've got...

with: Eric Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser , Myra xAlter xAlter , Rose ReverseTex ReverseTex

mentions: Lilly SweetRose SweetRose , Seamus Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser

[div style="height: 40px; width: 40px; font-size: 0px; position: relative; overflow: hidden; display: inline-block; border-radius: 50%; border: 0px solid #000000; overflow: hidden; transform: perspective(0);"][div style="position: absolute; overflow: hidden; position: relative; top: -11px; left: -10px; width: 130px; height: 100px; filter: hue-rotate(200deg) contrast(40%) brightness(185%) saturate(70%);"]
theme: danganronpa v3

Yune. recovering slightly from the shock of seeing Sam covered in blood, she trailed Myra as she entered the kitchen. being farther back. Yune got a quick glance of Joseph, and smirked to herself. She made a mental note to herself about him, before seeing the bloody body of Lilly. She thought to herself, what is it with the blood today...

She returned to the front of the bar to see a motorcycle coming to a halt in front of the bar. Yune did not necessarily know the man, although she could recognize some familiar aspects of him. She let him pass into the back as she shrank her weapon into the size of a paperclip. She sat back down as Eric and Rose was stopped by Myra.

She could hear that Myra suggested for Eric to stay back, as well as whispering something that even Yune couldn't hear. "Well, in any case, I would love to catch up with llittle Rose. She's grown so much since the last time I've seen her!" Yune shot a look at Myra, and then scanned her hands, looking for a trace of magic. Not visibly seeing anything, she whispered to Myra, "Put it away if you have anything out. We are to be careful around... y'know." Yune turned around and offered a smile to Rose.
[/div][/div]
codedbycrucialstar

Lilly Caerbannog

Lilly was trying to let the warm peace of the day soak into her bones, but couldn’t quite calm the itch in her bones. She had practiced for this extensively but she couldn’t help but worry she would fail, that she had somehow messed up. The day was beautiful outside the window where she sat. She couldn’t quite figure out how or why, but then the door finally opened and she stopped wondering. She stepped through into the room beyond and scanned it at a glance. Then a second later the lights went down. Loosely and with perfect form she threw thirteen knives tucked on her body, and heard thirteen wet crunches. For a moment she was still, feeling an old but unknown weariness.

Then the lights came back on and there were thirteen targets, each neatly bulls-eyed with a throwing knife. With a click the door behind her opened and she turned to find Sam slipping into the room. The other girl took in the room with a similar glance to her own, and when Lilly spoke she couldn’t quite keep excitement and the slightest tinge of yearning out of her voice, “I did it. I think I have it down fully too, it was almost muscle memory.”

Sam grinned as she spotted that all thirteen targets have been struck. She looked down at Lilly and patted her head, a customary gesture ever since they started training. "Yep, good job Lils. Every shot is pretty spot on." There was a tinge of pride in her voice as she began to walk towards the targets to inspect them.

Lilly felt strange, just happy and at peace without anything hanging overhead or in the background. She thought Kestrel would be proud too but Kestrels pride was a gruff thing, caring as it was, rarely much expressed. Impressing Sam was purer, making the one who had helped her get this far with knife work proud was just nice, without any complication or filter. When Lilly spoke her voice was bright and excited, “Should I go again?”

Sam took the knives as she passed by each target until she finally rounded back to her, handing the deadly objects to her. "No… that's enough for today. You've been on the course for a while now anyway." She shrugged, looking over her shoulder to look at the targets. She looked like she was contemplating something before turning back to Lilly, an easygoing grin now plastered on her face. "I bet you were nervous~" she teased. "Let's take a break for now. There's another course I want you to try out but that's for later."

Lilly let herself relax and immediately felt herself droop more than she should have. She drew herself back up but now that she wasn’t focused on moving ahead her exhaustion was getting to her. She hadn’t exactly slept well before today. Or at all really, but she wouldn’t be admitting that to anyone. When she spoke her voice was still happy if a little less energetic, “You got it. Break room seven?” She had a slightly cheeky smile on her face as she asked the question.

"Yep." Sam stretched her arms. She had just gotten back from a mission when Kestrel left again so she was pretty beat, as was obvious by the lag in her movement compared to her normal state. "Come on, we gotta make sure none of the other members nab it first." With a wink, she suddenly bolted out of the room - a silent challenge for a race.

Lilly ran out into the corridor after Sam, sprinting towards the break rooms. She felt that same old frustration as Sam out paced her. She was training and training but she was still limited by her growth. Even when she fully grew up she would be small, but at least she would be her full size. For now she just ran as fast as she could. Sam was still well ahead when they got to the stairs up towards the break rooms. Here she had an advantage, as Sam dashed up the stairs normally and Lilly bounded up. At the top of the stairs she put her all into a last dash to the door and let herself rest against the wall for a moment, not even paying attention to her place in the race as she caught her breath.

A grunt of frustration could be heard from Sam when Lilly bounced all the way up to their desired floor while she had to take the steps. Though it was only a few seconds before she burst through the door, taking in deep breaths to calm herself down. She looked winded as she bent down and braced her hands on her knees. After a few seconds, she rose to her full height again and teased, "For the record Lils, that was considered cheating." From the light tone, one could tell that Sam wasn't even serious and that she had fun.

Lilly rolled her shoulders as she settled back into rest. She was still a little out of breath when she spoke but playful joy rang in her voice, “Your overgrown human legs are cheating. Stairs are just a more level playing field.” She stepped forward and opened the door, gesturing Sam through it, “Here, your prize. you get first choice of spot.”

Sam let out a laugh, slipping her hands into her pockets. "You have a point there." She hummed when Lilly gestured forward, the grin turning into a playful smirk. "Aw, you're being considerate." She laughed again as she walked forward, lazily plopping down next to the armrest of the couch, crossing her arms behind her back and resting them on the backrest. "Come on Lils, this couch feels like heaven."

Lilly smiled a slightly devilish little smile before she offhandedly said, “There is this other trick I have been working on.” She kicked her shoes off and darted forward suddenly, leaping up in the air, and flipping over Sam as she went. She landed perfectly on her back with with only a slight bounce and the wind only a little knocked out of her. Perhaps on purpose, perhaps accidentally she had also landed a little closer to Sam than she usually lay. Not actually on her, but the tops of her ears twitched slightly in her lap. Whatever the reason, Lilly didn’t move away, instead just going a little too tense on the couch.

Sam whistled, impressed, as Lilly sailed over and landed on her back on the couch. "Bravo." She said offhandedly, raising her head a bit to look at the rabbit girl. There was a moment of silence before she untangled her hands from each other and then patted her lap. "Hey, hey Lils, you can use me as a pillow if you wanted you know."

Wordlessly Lilly lifted her head up and tucked herself atop Sam’s lap. For a moment she was even more tense, and then she seemed to go boneless. She made a happy tired little grumble as she snuggled into Sam’s front and seemed to relax.

"Aww." Sam couldn't help but coo when Lilly did accept the invitation. Sam certainly wasn't expecting it. She let her head slump back down on the backrest and she began to stroke Lilly's head in a calming fashion. "Pretty tired aren't you?" She said with a giggle.

Lilly made a soft, happy little noise a she felt Sam’s hand stroke her head. She probably would have been anxious about it but she was so very tired and she could feel herself slipping away. Her eyes slid closed and she felt like she was drifting somewhere strange and gray, but the warmth of that rest was still with her. Then she heard something as if in the distance, Eric’s voice. Suddenly she was hearing it again, much more clearly.

Eric’s voice bid them a safe return. Then she and Sam were hurrying through Ouroboros headquarters, heading to street level. When Lilly spoke her voice was flat with the slightest edge of hidden worry, “She’s an hour late. Something isn’t right.”

"This is Kestrel we're talking about Lilly." Sam pointed out as they charged forward, climbing the ladder towards the streets. "She's one of the most powerful Ouroboros members. She's fine." She continued as she pushed up a manhole cover and looked around. Satisfied, she pushed it open and stepped onto the pavement to an abandoned part of town. Empty.

Lilly went around the corner and to the conveniently placed dumpster and fire escape. She was quiet as she climbed up and only spoke when they hit the rooftop, “She… Hasn’t been as careful as she should lately. No backup plans, similar routes home, street level movement. I keep telling her she should be more careful but she hasn’t had trouble in a while.”

Sam quickly followed her up and then looked around once they reached the rooftop. She then gestured for Lilly to follow as she picked the quickest route to get to where Kestrel's contract was. "That doesn't sound like her." She grumbled but there was no change in tone. "But still, Kestrel can take on an army if she wanted." She reasoned out.

Lilly sighed slightly as they went from rooftop to rooftop. When she spoke her voice was quiet and subdued, “It’s not that I’m saying she got complacent. She’s bored and she’s taking risks because she wants something exciting to happen. She has spent so much time as a mercenary that most of the jobs just aren’t interesting to her anymore. I just.” Her voice choked off then. While her mind was chanting too close too close, too much vulnerability, a new part of her brain spoke up, voice small and quiet, “I can’t lose her too.”

Sam nodded in return to her observation, silent for a while. "That makes sense…" She grumbled in agreement. Surely, Sam understood that kind of feeling as a well known risk taker. A worried look was sent to Lilly for only the briefest moment when they were in the air as they jumped. As they touched down, she spoke. "You won't." But the resolution was wavering.

Lilly thought about responding, but that honesty was still too paralytic. By the time she could have responded it was too late. They came upon a street along Kestrel’s route. There was a single bright streetlamp. It showed carnage. Blood and scorch-marks and gore everywhere, craters from a couple explosions. What brought small, cruel, choked sound from Lilly’s throat were the pieces of Oni. Kestrel had been blown apart with something. Robotically Lilly pulled her phone out and called it in. Then she just, dropped, her phone. She stumbled forward, falling forward onto her knees at the edge of the roof.

"What the fuck…" Sam stared at the carnage, just as shocked. She heard Lilly call it in. She looked from Kestrel's blown up body and then to Lilly and then back. She simply stood there before kneeling down beside the rabbit folk and then wrapped an arm around her. They had to wait for the other members. They needed to get to the bottom of who the suspect was. But for now, there were no words exchanged.

Lilly had already spotted all she needed to know. A reclaimer mark hastily spray-painted on the street, likely as they were picking the pieces of their people up. When Sam embraced her she turned into it, tucking her head against Sam’s shoulder. She let herself pretend she wasn’t crying, already knowing what she was going to do. She felt the chill of the encroaching night enter her bones, worsened by the knowledge of what lay below. She would stay for the funeral, and only that. As soon as this embrace was over she would begin to disappear. She couldn’t lose anybody else. She refused to have anybody else. For now though she sank into it, taking solace. Soon she was floating again, in a colder comfort.

Then she heard an unknown voice, and suddenly she forced herself away from uncomfortable memories. Wherever Sam took her a strangers voice was a problem. Her body stirred, and if you weren’t paying very close attention you might not have seen her hand shift, losing it in the movements of a waking body. Suddenly there was a gun in her hands aimed at the voice and her eyes were snapping open.

Sam had turned to the stranger who she saw Eric with, narrowing her eyes at him. He seemed docile enough but the mere fact that he was butting into something he shouldn't be in was something Sam was wary about. Claimed that he knew someone who fondly knew Lilly. Nevertheless, he wasn't coming in so Sam turned back to Lilly.

She twitched and Sam was already charging for her in seconds, quickly disarming her and taking the gun, placing it far from Lilly's reach but close enough for Sam to grab if she needed to. "Lilly calm down. Seamus is here to help. You're safe." She repeated. Sam turned to look at the unknown man. "Hey, can you step out for a sec? She's agitated because of you and I don't know if you're telling the truth or not but you being here isn't doing us any favors." She pointed out before looking back at Lilly, ready to subdue if she reacts violently to Seamus.

Lilly glanced around the room in a way Sam might recognize, instantly evaluating it. A doctor she knew of by reputation, Sam, and the unknown man in the doorway. Sam had disarmed her, she knew that instinctively. Anybody else she would have shot. Her body visibly loosened up. Somebody who didn't know her very well might think she had relaxed, somebody who knew fighters might see the readiness in her body. When she spoke her voice was rough, “How’s the blood loss Doc.”

Collab with the unsurpassable AI10100 AI10100 Addressed/Present: Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser Athanas Athanas

Last edited:
- September 3rd, 2042 -

Eric looked over as Myra came over to him, placing her hand on his chest. "I agree," he replied, now over his initial panic at seeing Sam covered in blood given that he knew she was fine, "I might need to help manage the situation, given present company." With that, he turned to Rose, "Would you mind staying here for the moment? I've just got a few things to take care of."

From there, Eric turned to speak to Sam, planning to suggest that she head up to his apartment to wash the blood off and change her clothes. After all, Seamus had things covered in regards to Lilly's treatment so there wasn't too much Sam could do by staying. However, before he could get the words out Lilly suddenly regained consciousness and pulled a gun on Joseph. As Sam disarmed her Eric immediately cast his magic on several knives within the kitchen, not moving them yet but extending his control to them so that he could react to changes in the situation, though making sure to do so in a way that would be very difficult to notice.

Seeing Lilly not fight anything, and Seamus respond with his usual irritability but not escalate the situation either, Eric turned to Joseph. "I will have to ask you to leave as well," he said to the other man, "Our business here is concluded, and as my sister said, you are distressing the patient." As he spoke Eric maintained his control over the knives, outwardly calm, but inwardly wary.

Interactions: Myra ( xAlter xAlter ), Joseph ( Athanas Athanas ), Yune ( fIora fIora ), Rose ( ReverseTex ReverseTex ), Sam ( AI10100 AI10100 ), Lilly ( SweetRose SweetRose )

Gilmark

gilmark continued to keep his slightly smug smile plastered across his face glad to see the girl was ok enough well definitely better than everyone else "well my name is gilmark, you however seem rather on edge well i understand being probably the only survivor you would be but i digress" gilmark could tell the girl seemed rather skeptical of his timing while of course he's arrival was opportunistic publicity really, but seeing as this kitsune was the only survivor so far he really wasn't going to get much out of this especially considering how distrusting she seemed of him, she then mentioned the healing potions he was carrying in all honestly he had forgotten about them "simple healing potions not a poison or a explosive or anything of such manner i was attempting to help but...seems most of the people are beyond what my knowledge of alchemy can assist in" he handed one of the vials to rhin "although i would suggest you take one just incase"

[class name=bg] background:#0d0d0d; padding:20px; [/class] [class name=font] font-size:14px; color:#fff; text-align:justify; [/class] [class name=gti] font-size:30px; color:#fff [/class]
[div class=bg][div class=font]

• g-t-i-png.569033

[div class=gti]Daryn, Shin, Vek & Archin[/div]
    A flashback-collab before the timeskip with Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser , SweetRose SweetRose & Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Vek was dealing fairly well with her arm having been sliced off. Being fair it wasn’t the first time, nor was it especially likely to be the last time, but it was never much fun to deal with. Right now she was lamenting not wearing clothes that would hold her sewing kit. If she didn’t want to have to grow the whole thing back she would need to sew it back on, and soon. She probably needed to disturb the post-fight peace to get Shin to explain where she was and possibly borrow some things to sew her arm back on. That was approximately the moment when she heard somebody approaching and turned to see a succubus running towards Shin looking exasperated and somewhat worried.

The exclamation of “For fuck’s sake Shin!” was probably fair, although Vek admittedly didn’t have the best judgement in that regard. Vek had pulled her strike pretty majorly, but she knew humans were fragile comparatively. The brief moment of awkwardness she felt as the succubus continued exasperatedly talk to her human friend vanished to be replaced with an entirely different kind of awkwardness when she turned towards Vek and began to speak to her. She looked worried as she spoke, apologizing for the welcome Vek had received. She then went on and Vek’s eyebrows knitted together slightly. She wasn’t sure what the succubus was talking about with her specialness, especially since they only knew her as Vek. It was only when Daryn introduced herself and said she would love to show Vek around in an exaggerated way that Vek realized she was probably being flirted with. Vek blushed visibly and with no idea how to respond to maybe being flirted with she elected to just respond to the second part, which she could deal with, “If I can sew my arm back on in the next thirty minutes or so that would be nice. I can grow it back, but it’s much easier to just heal it back on.” The lizard part of her brain that had noticed Daryn’s beauty as soon as she walked up then jabbed her and she bit out a quick, “I would be delighted to be shown around once the injuries are attended to.”

Daryn raised a curious brow at what she heard. Apparently the red-faced oni could simply either stitch her arm back or regrow it. Nonetheless this didn’t throw the succubus off her game. Her smile quickly grew into a grin when she heard the other’s later response. “It’s a date then!” she exclaimed before bringing a finger up to tap her own chin thoughtfully, “I have sewing materials back at the headquarters.”

Shin watched in amusement as Daryn flirted with Vek, who was obviously not used to having that happen to her. He stifled a laugh as he watched, and then grimaced as the action sent pain shooting through his broken ribs. “Sorry to bust up your flirt sesh over there, but we should probably head back to hq. I’d prefer not spending the rest of the day with shattered ribs,” Shin called over his shoulder as he started making his way back, his tone lighthearted considering the extent of his injuries.

Archin had eventually caught up with daryn unfortunately having so many legs didn’t actually mean you could move any faster, although he did manage to get there in time to over hear talk about sowing a limb back on “well if you need that arm sewed back on i could get it done, i know a little bit..of sewing not to much though” he shifted his gaze to the oni first thing he could see was her choice of clothing was horrible second of all, yeah she was the one that needed the limb stitched back on.

“Wonderful!” Daryn beamed at the arachne, “The headquarter is not so far from here. Follow us.” she gestured for the two to follow before jogging to Shin’s side and helping him walk towards the warehouse.

Vek was pretty sure at this point that this was just what Daryn was like, and so only twitched a little at the mention of a date. Shin spoke up next mentioning his busted ribs and she felt a little bad, but being fair, he had cut off her arm. She watched the arachne approach out of the corner of her eye and smiled when he offered to sew her arm back on. When Daryn began to herd people into the building she followed along like a somewhat oversized duckling.

Upon entering the warehouse, Daryn carefully assisted Shin to the nearest couch and called for a medic. She made sure that the injured duo were being attended before disappearing to her personal quarter only to return with a handful of sewing necessities. The succubus handed the said items to Archin with a grin. He became more interesting to her now that it was possible they share the same hobby. “So…. what’s your name?” she asked with a curious tone.

Archin followed along with the rest of the group into the warehouse watching the succubus leave for somewhere, returning with sewing equipment perfect smiling back at Daryn taking the sewing equipment before responding “name’s Archin Heroot” he turned around to face vek after saying that taking the severed arm holding said arm in his pedipalps setting it in place, while using is clawed fingers held the needle surprisingly easily as he sewed the limb back onto the stump of the oni’s arm in about a 2 minutes.

Vek followed along, ducking nearly in half to fit through the doors behind the others. When the group seemed to arrive at their destination she watched fairly neutrally as the materials for her arm were gathered and a healer was called for Shin. When Archin set to work on her arm she held carefully still, making little noise besides a slight hiss when the arm was first set. When the job was done she tucked her newly attached left arm against her front and sat down against a nearby wall, only slightly causing the ground to shake. She seemed to relax then, although she remained attentive to her surroundings.

Daryn was amazed when Archin finished his work. She watched as the oni sat, wobbling a little when the ground shook, before approaching. She gave her newly reattached arm a curious albeit gentle poke. “Impressive…” she commented in awe before casting her gaze up to Vek, a mischievous smirk spreading to her lips, “I’m talking about your muscles.” she added in a hushed voice followed by a wink.

With that, the succubus stood up with a giggle and faced the silver-haired male. “Thanks for this Archin. You did a wonderful work.” she praised, “You needed something from us, didn’t you?”

Archin gave a little bow “thanks but it's probably not my best work” he paused for a moment “well it's not like i really do this often” a slight redness ran across the arachne’s face before turning his attention to the second question the succubus asked “ well actually yes… this little group here that what was it again.. GTI, well i heard about you lot a little while back from a couple of people and from what i gathered you seemed like a clan worth joining”

At the mention of people potentially joining Shin sat up a bit, to the annoyance of the healer working on his injuries. “Yo if anyone wants to join I can run you through the procedures n shit, just gotta take you to meet our CEO and other VP, do some paperwork and shit, and get you a tattoo. After that, you’re in the family. Shouldn’t take too long in the end, just gotta wait for those two shits, they’re out at the moment but should be back soonish.”

Daryn internally grimaced at the mention of paperwork. She wished they didn't have to do any of those but it was unfortunately needed. “Oh yeah, you will have to do those.” she supported before waving a hand as if to assure them that it won’t be much of a trouble, “Don’t worry about it. I’m sure the CEO will like you veeeeery much!”

However her job wasn’t done yet. She still needed to convince Vek to join. It shouldn’t be difficult based on the reactions she has been receiving from her. “You would join as well, right?” she asked while standing in front of her (although she remained shorter despite the fact that the oni was already sitting down). “I mean… you’d get this nice tattoo...” as if on cue, the succubus slightly pulled her waistband down to reveal the gang’s logo tattooed on her hip’s left side, “...and so much more.”

Vek sat rather still, remaining aware of her surroundings as ever, but for the moment just getting her bearings. This wasn’t the strangest sudden turn her life had taken but it was definitely top three. She could feel the beginning of the itch in her left arm as it began to heal back together which was always a grating sensation. She listened in to the conversation happening close to her only partially, lost in thoughts of her own. She tuned back in when she was approached directly by Daryn, turning her attention towards the succubus. She listened to the offer with only a slight blush this time. Flirting she didn’t know how to deal with but recruitment she had a handle on. Her blush still grew when she was shown the tattoo, but she was on familiar ground now. Her response was calm and warm, “Might as well. I’m without mercenary work at the moment and in a new place again. Feed, house and armor me and I’m happy to work with y’all. I appear to have lost all my gear again and while I don’t much need weaponry as Shin can attest to I do need armor. Losing limbs ain’t new, but it doesn’t get much more fun.”

All the talk about CEO’s VP’s and paperwork sort of went over archin’s head he didn’t really understand he continued to watch the succubi, the tattoo thing made total sense to him, although he wouldn’t admit his own lack of understand on most of the process, so he just listened in on what the oni said she seemed to understand this better and yet shed only been here for a few minutes… this was embarrassing but well the armor food and house part of her conversation made sense to him. “Oh well i might know something that can get you some armor, although it will probably cost you something” he paused for a moment “but..umm..also..what exactly..is paper-work or umm a CEO?” he said awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

Daryn laughed at the responses she got. The oni’s was understandable seeing that she was freshly dropped from the Rift. The spiderkin, based on her observation, seem to be somewhat new to Edgewater as well. Either that or he was simply detached to civilization for a long while. “Mercenary? You’re making it sound like we’re the Ouroboros or something.” she waved her hands as if to dismiss the thought, “No, no, no. GTI is a family and we take goooood care of one another. On that note, I’d love to room you, feed you, undress- I mean- and dress you. GTI will help you settle in your new life here in Edgewater. In return we simply ask for one thing. Your utmost loyalty.”

The day was still young and there were a lot of things needed to be explained. Two lost sheep waiting to be herded. It was funny how they were bored as fuck earlier and now here they were. Daryn sat down on the couch beside Shin, leaning back against the soft material with crossed legs as she made herself comfortable.

“Vek and Archin, I’m sure the two of you have a lot of questions itching to be answered. Let’s stop dwindling and get to it, shall we?"

[/div][/div]

Rhin
Interaction: Gilmark Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Rhin eyed the flasks carefully. She was an enchanter, with only minor knowledge about alchemy. She wasn't going to discern the true purpose of the beverage with a glance. Her ears were still ringing and her back hurt, but she wasn't about to trust an stranger who conveniently showed up with two 'Healing potions'. She tried to move but grimaced as the pain got worse. "I don't trust you." She said. It wouldn't be the first time someone tried to take advantage of her just because she seemed weak. Still, if it was actually an healing potion, it could be very useful.

She still took the vial, and began examining it. Opening it, she let out a drop fall into the ground- At least it was not acid. She looked around, her ears catching the sound of panicking people and distant police sirens. She brought the vial to her face and smelled it.

It didn't smelled like any poison she knew.

So with a grimace, she drank the 'potion'. She gulped it all at once and let the vial fall to the ground while wipping her mouth. She could feel the pain slowly disappearing. She looked at the Incubus and noticed that he didn't had any wounds, so he arrived after the incident. She quickly looked away. The smell of dead meat had begun to reach into her nose so she frowned slightly. She glared at the Incubus, who was still smiling, and asked. "What do you want?"

Last edited:
Early in the day...

Sha'tek's eyes opened slowly, his body feeling rather heavy as he ran his hands down his face and turned over in the bed and reached for his buzzing phone. He took a look at the number on the screen, and grumbled something under his breath as he sent it straight to voicemail. When he looked at the time, he saw that it wasn't even 5 in the morning yet, and his annoyance began to grow even more. He sat up in, the blankets falling off of him as he swung his legs over the side, scratching his chest. He took a couple seconds to look around the room, the smell of cigarette smoke and alcohol, with a faint hint of sweat hitting him before he saw the bare walls with clothes strewn about. He turned around, and saw the sleeping form of a catfolk woman, her back to him as her body rose and fell slowly with each breath she took.

The events of yesterday began to come back to him, and he felt even worse. He opened the drawer of the nightstand next to the bed and pulled out a bottle of water, downing it quickly, as the headache began to form. He was becoming agitated, a well of negative emotions rising up in him. His grip tightened on the water bottle, the sounds causing the woman to make a sound behind him that he didn't make sense of. He just wanted to go berserk, destroy something. Crack the skulls of some of the damned Reclaimers, or the R.I.C.T who caused the whole mayhem. He felt his blood begin to b-

He needed air. And to vent. He stood up and grabbed his clothes, swiftly getting dressed and making sure he had all his things. He then grabbed his bag from the corner of the room and swung it onto his shoulder, and ignored the waking sounds of the woman as he made his way out the door.

~~~~~~~~

Present...

Sha'tek walked through The Docks, whistling an eerie tune quietly as he made his way to the GTI Headquarters, having but on a blue and white hoodie to keep warm. He was already feeling much better than earlier, but he still had the sour taste in his mouth. It had been a rather long time since he had gotten...intimate with someone, but he wasn't exactly in his right state of mind last night. Not after what he had heard on the news. But as far as he knew, he hadn't destroyed anything, which was good. He didn't want to have to deal with any really bad repercussions as this point. Of course, if Shin and Daryn found out what he had been up to, he doubted he would hear the end of it, especially from Daryn.

Once he reached the warehouse, he opened the door and ducked inside, looking around once he was in. There were a couple members hanging around, either talking with each other or just lazing around until something exciting happened. The typical state of the HQ whenever he came by too early in the day, but it was more relaxing than any other place he could be at the moment. There was still a feeling of mild tension in the air, and Sha'tek could tell that most of them had already heard of the news about what happened. Many members of GTI were nonhumans, and if they weren't nonhumans, they were at least friends with one.

Sha'tek shook his head, not wanting to bother with it at the moment. His attention was grabbed by the sight of two of his VP's, huddled together and talking. He grinned and walked over to them, spreading his arms out to his sides. "Did I hear someone say 'party'? Honestly, that's just the thing I wanted to hear right now!" He clapped a large hand on their shoulders, his toothy smile turning to Daryn. "You always come up with great ideas, you little red minx. I was thinking this morning that I wanted to have a bit of fun, and really, a party is the best way to celebrate welcoming some newbies to the family!" He heard a couple cheers from across the room, and turned to point at a group of members in the corner. His attention then turned to Shin. "See? They know." He lowered his arm, and his smile left his face. "I think we all need a chance to forget about the fucked up stuff going on these days." His smile was almost immediately back. "Anyways, you two seem like you're about to head out somewhere. You planning on leaving little ole me behind?"

Shin Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser , Daryn . D O V E . D O V E [/spoilers]

Joseph was caught off guard by the sudden hostility of everyone in the damn room. First and foremost, Lilly apparently wanted to shoot him, despite having absolutely no idea who he was, or being in a damn safehouse of Ouroboros. Clearly, someone was not caught up on the line separating "Caution" from "Idiocy". Of course, rather than telling her rabbitfolk friend off for pointing a gun at a damn customer, Sam insisted he should see himself out for "disturbing the patient". He made a motion to speak, wanting to explain himself... And was promptly told off by the Doctor, who apparently was very upset that Joseph... existed. He curled his hands into fists. Mike seized the opportunity and prodded Joseph's mind, stoking his anger

"You think can just push us around, huh? That for some reason, we can't do anything but sit here and take it? I'll show you, you little bastards. I'LL TEACH YOU SOME FUCKING RESPECT!"

He exhaled sharply, his entire body language having changed, his features becoming Constrained. There were a few moments of utter silence, in which not even he could tell what was about to happen. Suddenly, Joseph's smile, that had been frozen on his face after he was told off, appeared to somehow...widen, like there was an apparition of a second set of teeth imposed over his own. Everyone in the room would then feel it. A sense of utter dread. There was danger all around, and Death was coming. Death was coming for all of them, and there was nothing they could do to-

In a stroke of luck, Eric chose this exact moment to enter the storage room. The feeling instantly vanished as Joseph reasserted control and reigned Mike back. At the man's prompt to leave, he decided that it would be best if he followed his advice. Speaking slowly, so as not to risk another outburst, he said "I see. I will go, then. But please, do consider being more polite next time. A less understanding man would've taken offense to that. I wish you well."

He exited from the Kitchen and into the bar, agitation clearly on his face. Without much thought, he grabbed a bottle from behind the counter and refilled his glass, gulping it all down in an attempt to calm his nerves. His mind was racing. If Lilly had connections with the Ouroboros, then how could he be sure she wouldn't find out? Sure, he had paid, but he had no leverage. Surely, they wouldn't see the harm in telling her. And if she knew, then she'd make it the goal of her life to kill Joseph. Of course, she'd be unsuccessful, but that wasn't the issue. He really didn't want to kill her, and tracking her down would a serious hassle... Maybe, if he came at night, he'd be able to plant an optical fiber on a circuit box nearby, potentially giving him access to Eric's mic system? But that might have all sort of implications....

He sighed and filled it another time. God, why'd he have to go along with Jody's plan? And why had he deviated so much from it? Blackmailing aside, he really didn't feel well with what he had done. It was too much. He racked his brain, trying to remember the exact chain of events of the past week. Surprisingly, everything was foggy and blurred. His memory was not good, but it wasn't that bad. He just remembered that at the time, all of it had seemed like a great idea. And now, in order to even be able to pay off Ouroboros, he'd need to further associate with the Reclaimers.... God, what a mess. What a fucking mess.

He finished his drink and moved to the exit. His eyes met a little girl's, and he stopped. The sight was utterly bizarre to him. In a bar run by mercenaries, where he, a murderer, was standing surrounded by an association of assassins, extortionists and other scum... There apparently was a little girl. The sight improved his mood considerably, and a smile, a genuine one this time, formed on his lips.

Every cloud has a silver lining....

He exited the bar, and, after making sure to check for bugs, and making detours to avoid being tailed (He was through with being fooled: No one would get the drop on him now) he arrived at his hideout. There, he packed the Reclaimer suit in the back of his Van( it was still drenched in gore: He suspected not all the washing in the world would be able to clean it fully, but that was okay), and drove to an empty pier in the docks. He had cameras there, a small network that he had placed specifically to keep Overwatch over the area. He stopped, covered up his face, and accessed the main Panel in the Reclaimers HQ. He had remotely made sure to leave a backdoor in the system when he gave the Reclaimers access to his cameras. Typing on his PDA, he turned it on, and made the following message appear.

"Solomon King. You know me as Joseph. I have a deal to make with you. Old Pier. I'll wait for half an hour."

SweetRose SweetRose AI10100 AI10100 Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

Once more within the deep of the church was Solomon, resting at the same spot, same dark place. He continued to stare down the panel in which laid answers to unmentioned questions. He barely touched as he continued to watch the same angle, the same static picture. Much more like a painting that was left aside yet to be hanged from the wall. His face of distrust, of displeasure never changed. The image was nothing more than his own son, standing in the whole debris - and somehow he felt, even if by miles away, even if by just watching the past itself right back at them. He felt it... something odd... something out of place. The absence of the God's aid.

His own mind got distracted with a small mug landed on the table gently, the hand of his most trusted adviser Leliana. Her father a veteran long since passed away, who fought the first adversities that came through the Rift with most hostile of intentions. She followed her father's footsteps, even though not his anger - not his hatred. She was more of a pious woman rather than his alcoholic father who thought he could take on, alone, the forces of evil. She dedicated her life to medical aid, to cure illness and serve the highest lord.

"Solomon. You seem distracted." she responded to his clear disgust, though she mention not this for no reason. He smiled briefly as he turned away from the screen and grabbed the warm mug and smelled the steam escaping with essence of the upcoming flavor, "It is just Coffee, but I managed to obtain some cream from the local smuggler." as she sat down by a near chair, having her own mug to herself.

He sipped from the mug and exclaimed, "We had a conversation before I rather like to continue on." she then changed her expression, though briefly "I have no intention on making it a sermon, Leliana. But it is been a long while since I had any conversation that did not involve the pursue of infidels." -he raised both of his eyebrows and nodded as if giving up the floor for her train of thoughts.

So she continued, leaving her mug aside as she rested her hands on her knees, "I been reading as you said I should to become closer to god- and I did not abstained myself as you said I must to process it. Everything-" she responded as if she also read the wrong doing by the same religion, by Christ, "There is something that called my attention, that one thing I spoke to you openly and you-"

He nodded once more, lowering his sight as if remembering the phrase, "If a being can dream, then it has a soul. And if a being indeed has a soul... Then it is a living person by every standard *we* can measure." he rested the mug alongside hers as he took her hands and his sighted returned to hers, "At that time, an acolyte whose clarity in philosophy stood by A Lepers's temple and stopped armed thugs to burn it to the ground. He paid his words of wisdom with his life because its in human's nature to hear what they *want* to hear out of anger or despair." he lowered his voice, trying to ensure his words kept closer to her heart, his eyes piercing right through her as his expression seem one to be serious enough to send a shiver down her spine, "Do not speak of this to anyone, Leliana. Not even the children. God's mercy is absent in both men and creatures in times of war. I admire that about you."

"Yes, Godwoken-"
    but the conversation came to a conclusion quickly as the screen changed, completely. No longer it was a showing the imaged he continuously analyzed and meditated about - now it was speaking to him. A message sent through the network in order to contact him and him alone. But he was not alone- "Are we being attacked?"

"No. We are merely harvesting what we sowed"
    he responded with grace as he stood up, turned off the device and drop it flat on the table. Leliana stood by his side as he commanded, "Tell Mr. MacKorg to meet us by the entrance, and please do so quickly." -as he dragged his hood from his back to cover his entire face and hide his hands within the sleeves of his colorless tunic.

"Why are we calling Bob?" She asked curious and worried.

"Because he can keep a secret..."

Mentioning and responding to: Athanas Athanas 's character, Joseph.
Using two NPCs: "Leliana Blackwater" - "Mor 'Bob' MacKorg"

Gilmark
gilmark frowned a little the kitsune still distrusted him even the potion gilmark was almost offended that she had to test it before drinking the thing then she asked what he wanted? his slightly smug smile returned "i was simply here to help i work at the potion store across the road you see i heard the explosion and simply came to help unfortunately it seems only you survived oh and speaking of you, what might be your name?" as he said he offered his hand so he could possibly pull up the kitsune and perhaps change her mind on him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back