Literature What are you reading?

Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfield. 

It might sound weird to most people but I was raised on old fashioned, classic kind of books like Enid Blyton and Frances Hodgson Burnett. They're easy reading to me. 

Well....I'm kinda screwing myself over with how many I gotta read this week, but here's the stuff I'm reading:

Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger~~Girl, choose the sootie, for God's sake. He's not a prejudiced fool. Plus, he's adorable. Can't ask for much more.

The Selection/The Elite by Kiera Cass~~Good, was finally able to get Elite from the library...but I need to reread the first one to actually get to it. Haha....kms

Into the Wild by Erin Hunter~~Damn, I've read this one too many times just because of having to wait too long to read the others. Alright, LET'S DO THIS.

Bad Blood by Jennifer Lynn Barnes~~Pfft, Lia. Love that girl. But WHERE IS MY OTP AT? HAVE SOME ROMANCE, DAMMIT.

Once in a Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber~~Thank the Lord for my grandparents for getting me this and the other two books. I CAN FINALLY READ THE THIRD ONE--after I reread the first two. But I'm kinda wondering how much cheese I forgot about....

Bold = Rereading

Currently, I'm not reading anything, and that's mainly the problem of having nowhere to put my books so I just have a pile of them laying around right now. But I did finish reading "A Darker Shade of Magic" and I think V. E. Schwab might just be a new favorite author of mine along with Marie Lu. I want to try and get into contemporary so I might be picking up Rupi Kaur's "Milk and Honey" poetry book next.

The+Call+of+Cthulhu.jpg

....I'd say this sums It up...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently reading Watership Down by Richard Adams. The writing style has quite an unique flow to it, and its concept is magnificent. 

I just finished reading Wizard by John Varley (and until I can get the third book, Demon), I'm reading Song for the Basilisk by Patricia McKillip.

I'm currently reading Watership Down by Richard Adams. The writing style has quite an unique flow to it, and its concept is magnificent. 

That's one of my all-time favorite books, I love the characters and the worldbuilding. I was so sad about Adams' recent passing.

I am currently rereading The Selection by Kiera Cass. It's given me a little inspiration to make a roleplay that sorta has a similar concept... in a way. But, it is by far one of my favourite books. I have yet to read the second one, which hopefully I'll get to after I finish the first one. It has been a while since I've read it. :D  

Reading The Prophet yet again. S'good to jump back to when one starts to lose perspective on things, I feel.

I'm reading "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak, as well as "The Clockwork Angel" by Cassandra Clare, "What We Saw" by Aaron Hartzler, "Crossed" (second book in the "Matched" series) by Ally Condie, and finally, "The Hobbit", a classic by J.R.R. Tolkien.

I'm reading "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak, as well as "The Clockwork Angel" by Cassandra Clare, "What We Saw" by Aaron Hartzler, "Crossed" (second book in the "Matched" series) by Ally Condie, and finally, "The Hobbit", a classic by J.R.R. Tolkien.

The Book Thief was so good! Great choice.

Just finished reading "1984" by George Orwell, and am about to read "A Game Of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin which is pretty self-explanatory especially since I am all caught up in the 6th season of the show.

Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari D:

I was supposed to read it in a class but I never did lmao

"The Name Of The Wind" and it's sequel "The Wise Man's Fears" by Patrick Rothfuss are the two I just finished. If you haven't read them, I highly HIGHLY recommend them.
I am currently reading "The City Of Bones" as a 'chill out' book while I wait for the third book to come out in the series I previously mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back