Experiences what are the worst charatures/players you seen?

I can't say more about the school shooter OC because after I saw their (anime) picture I bounced. Not coincidentally, the worst roleplay I ever saw was a Hunger Games LARP in highschool where everyone had to give their number to get text updates when a player 'died', and the one kid who didn't have a cell phone used his mom's.

edited :: better grammar / explanation

This is a fun topic lol

Okay, so I'm not a huge roleplayer, but when I do rp, I usually expect a good response ig because I lose interest easily, or at least just something refreshing .

So, basically, when I was playing a 'Wings of Fire' game on an unsaid website, this kid just chased my oc all around the map while I was trying to do a romance/fluff tp with a few people . The kid proceeded to try and off themselves numerous times for my attention as well, and it got pretty edgy after a hot minute .

I don't know why they specifically liked MY oc either since my character snapped at them a lot, but it got pretty annoying after a bit .
I think at one point we were trying to hide from him, but whenever we got back into RP, someone else was being harassed by him and/or starting a drama .

Anyways, please don't barge in on roleplays, especially with strong topics like that .
it kinda stressed me out lol .

Last edited:
I have another one that branches off of one of the previous rps I've spoken about. It was one of those types of rps where everyone..ya'know magically run into each other and for some reason or another don't just go their separate ways. (I've a pet peeve of the gathering of characters sometimes. I prefer ones where they're just already together, or introduced immediately.) And every single straight girl and every single straight boy, were flirting with each other in a snap. Like they knew heterosexual characters were limited, and they wanted to make sure that THEY had a romance in it. My character was a tad abrasive and a bit creepy and I straight up had her say something along the lines of, "I'm walking in a pool of hormones."

I'd rather not have an adventure rp end up as a love triangle/square/pentagon/etc

Worst character I've ever played with was a goblin who was always trying to pretend being a human. I mean, if you're gonna make your character a goblin Act like one of them! Don't give it a b@#llsh@#€&ty arguement of humanism/lack of self recognition.

The worst player I've ever played with, used his character to gain my trust, entered my house (Rp housing) then took my items in my absense after getting all my permisions and trust. Mod said it was my fault for being so naive... classic.

The idea of a Goblin pretending to be a human actually sounds kind of hilarious.

"Yes, hello, I, a human, would like to buy some human food from this human establishment. I am definitely a human."

The idea of a Goblin pretending to be a human actually sounds kind of hilarious.

"Yes, hello, I, a human, would like to buy some human food from this human establishment. I am definitely a human."

It sounds like it was due to racism/humanism of some kind. Less of a joke or attempting to blend in to get around, and more of an actual world issue of some kind that this person wasn't prepared for. I do agree with you though, it'd be hilarious. It'd remind me of this pokemon meme.
(To those who don't know, Sudowood is rock-type, while Trevenant is grass/ghost-type.)

679c75b9fa8b5f26e518adf4af604d46a1473a834cd17ec056e90294a3dd9d47_1.jpg

Worst character I've ever played with was a goblin who was always trying to pretend being a human. I mean, if you're gonna make your character a goblin Act like one of them! Don't give it a b@#llsh@#€&ty arguement of humanism/lack of self recognition.

The worst player I've ever played with, used his character to gain my trust, entered my house (Rp housing) then took my items in my absense after getting all my permisions and trust. Mod said it was my fault for being so naive... classic.

Not a completely horrible idea in the right setting. And possibility for comedy is high.

There's a carriot for every rabbit. I'm just on the other side of that river.

That's a terrible expression. It makes no sense.
Ideas are the carrots, we are the rabbits. There's an idea for everyone one of us, and those same ideas aren't for everyone. They're saying whatever kind of idea, or carrot, they like better or is more 'for them' is far, far away (on the other side of the river) from a goblin hilariously trying to be a human. XD

I know it doesn't make sense, but it's just a metaphor. xD

I think the person saying "There's a carrot for every rabbit. I'm just on the other side of that river." Is just creatively saying everyone has their own interest and their own thing, but it's just not for them.

And metaphors are supposed to make sense.

I have never emphasized more with Drax than in this moment.
Don't get me started on southern US metaphors. xD They are much more confusing.

Anyway, back on topic.

I ran across this player who had a very interesting character for the Pokemon universe in another RP site. It was obvious that he had headcanons of how things like the Aether Foundation worked (obviously after the stuff happens in the games when they are pretty tame). The Aether Foundation in Pokemon is just a bunch of scientists. They wouldn't normally hire bodyguards of Champion caliber, if at all, and they normally kept their studies to Alola, very rarely ever leaving the region to follow through with their studies. They aren't freedom fighters or an organization similar to Interpol, yet he decided to make them this way.

The player, I will abbreviate to GR, made his character the Champion of Alola and the Aether Foundation apparently regarded him as a hero and made him into the guardian or something. He beat Alola's league with three Pokemon. A Sylveon, a Pikachu, and a Primarina. Two of these Pokemon share a weakness to Poison and the other is weak to Ground. They also have crap for defenses, especially Pikachu. What's even more hilariously awful was that all three Pokemon didn't have very good moves that they chose. When you make a team of Pokemon, you are supposed to have a wide array of coverage and secondary effects, or follow a set theme to make really good teams on. Each Pokemon has to counter something and they must have great synergy. He was using the four-move rule (I personally detest this and prefer to use as many moves that my characters and their Pokemon can feasibly remember, obviously some moves having been used more and therefore have more experience with them), so he only had four moves for each of his Pokemon. His Pikachu, depending on the RP, would have three to four Electric-Type moves. So a Ground-Type Pokemon can instantly destroy it. Sylveon and Primarina had other horrible moves and they each had three of the same types in their moveset that they used. He later added a Dragonite, but the Pokemon also had three Dragon-Type moves, a Fairy-Type can instantly wall him.

I get that the Alola League was canonically a new thing so they aren't as strong or have a good renown as the other Pokemon Leagues like the ones in Kanto and Sinnoh, but how the hell did he beat the Elite Four with three Pokemon? I get Ash used only five Pokemon, but he had an Ultra Beast in Naganadel and a Legendary in Melmetal despite him having a Rowlet and a Pikachu. GR's character would have been swept by the Elite Four members before he even got to the champion, especially since his three Pokemon didn't do so well against physical attackers, like all of Hala's Pokemon. I've done the calculations myself, I don't know how he did it. xD And if he even did have his Dragonite there, Hala has a Crabominable with Ice Hammer. I know Crabominable isn't the fastest, but one hit with that thing would decimate Dragonite.

In any of the RPs he's on, he has a knack for sneaking in participation of Legendaries and Mythicals for his character. Since this site is mainly a Pokemon RP site, they have had to add rules against using Legendaries, Mythicals, and Ultra Beasts (and Mega Stones) without admin permission. First, he had tried adding Keldeo and Genesect as allies to his character, but typed it in so no one would notice unless they actually read it. Then Kyurem or getting an item that was used from Kyurem. Anytime he was called out, either for that or for spamming or having conversational topics on a thread specifically only for OOC for the RP, he got super mouthy and was giving the admin attitude for no reason. He got into trouble, got caught and got warned, only for him to play the victim and say the admin is taking away everything he enjoys. And then he'll blame it on autism. Which I doubt he has and, if he did, I've met plenty of people on the spectrum who understood how to follow the rules. He was just trying to find loopholes and skirt around the rules, which means he's got the intelligence and was very aware of what he was doing, which doesn't make his argument valid.

I also don't mind if a character has become allies or friends with canon characters, but I tend to avoid the ones in Pokemon unless they are gym leaders or the crime organizations or what-have-you, but one of the characters he chose to become his ally or friend wouldn't have liked him (and they were also from the main cast like Ash and others). Kinda cringe. He also had Kingdom Hearts stuff. Which, I don't mind, but I had no idea and someone said it was plagiarism, especially since he was kind of touting it as his own because he gave no mention to Kingdom Hearts at all. However, he was just cringe as a player all around, and I can tell his character was a self-insert Mary Sue. Because his profile and his character shared the same name and same ideology.

Now, to the meat and potatoes.

GR made an RP about Team Plasma using some ice serum thing that they synthesized because they didn't have access to Kyurem. This was fine to have as the plot because Kyurem wasn't being used at all. On the character sheets, he told someone their character, a Champion of Unova, couldn't have a knife or a gun, and they told him that he can have a foam knife. This isn't LARP, and I told him this. Later, he accepts someone's character, who he's friends with, and his character had an axe with water or something like that. My character had a slingshot. I asked him why he didn't just ask if he can have a stun gun, I asked why he favored somebody else, who has a much deadlier weapon than a knife and why he didn't ask to change it, and I told him that this was real life, not some action LARP sequence where foam swords do damage. They do nothing, and it will look off for someone, especially of Champion status, to be walking around with a foam knife. He tried to say that the axe might have been rusted, but then I brought up the health concerns and you'd have to be pretty irresponsible to not take care of it if it were rusted. I then told him that he just accepted my character, who had the capability of causing concussions in someone's head and, if used with a sharp enough rock and with enough force, can kill someone if shot at the back of their head. He didn't argue with me anymore and he used autism as an excuse. I get that it's a different learning curve and you have to figure out how to learn differently, but I had mental issues, I've seen people with autism, and they are pretty understanding people who can grasp concepts pretty well. He then ignored me and we started the RP.

However, my character wanted to talk to another character and she had to stay behind so she can refill the water tanks for her Dracovish. He then takes off to do the objective himself. Apparently, Team Plasma took over the communications tower in Castelia City. Castelia City is based on New York and has really tall skyscrapers, with the tallest being the comms tower. So, he had his character ditch us, he got warned for it because he was just RPing by himself at that point, and then he blames us in the private convo we had for not hurrying up and for leaving his character alone. I told him my character had to stay behind so her Dracovish doesn't suffocate and I wanted some character interaction. He left, he could have stayed, and yet he blamed it on us for not following his every lead. He then had his character take over the tower before our characters can even get there, and then he had Team Plasma start to blow it up.

An entire skyscraper, with innocent people inside, in a place built like New York and based on it.... and his character was just going to leave and let the building crumble. Sounds a lot like 9/11.

We paused the RP, me and another person were telling him that this was a terrorist act that would get Team Plasma into a lot of trouble and they would have been combatted against with much more force if this were to happen. Plus, the effects of a building of that height falling isn't going to just affect the building, but the nearby buildings and the streets below. We were arguing the logistics of how they wired the building to explode if Pokemon like Growlithe and Stoutland can smell it out, why can't Team Plasma just take it back especially since they outnumbered his character, and, if he wanted his character to be the hero, isn't he going to save everyone? Very great hero to have if he just lets people die. And because of that aspect, he was going to glorify the deaths of thousands of people and the suffering of thousands more because his character wanted to save himself and then be seen as the hero, which is extremely bad taste and sounds like he's glorifying 9/11. Doubt that he was going for that, but it didn't sit right with any of us.

I then bring up the argument about the weapons again. Saying how he didn't allow guns and knives, but allowed a crime organization, who had a better head on their shoulders, to blow up an entire skyscraper and cause thousands of deaths.... He then said that he just wanted his character to be the main character, and we told him that an RP should either have everyone be main characters or there should be none and having his character be the only special one was not the way to have an RP, but fanfiction. If he wanted to have his character be the main character, he should have started a fanfiction and have a different frame of mind going into an RP. He then stopped the RP completely because everyone was fighting him, passively aggressively blaming us for not going with him on his story, and then he tried joining another RP, only to be set to Read-Only for including a cosmic galaxy shield made by a Cosmog, which is against the rules.

Good lord, I felt like I lost all of my brain cells except for two and I swear I lost a few decades to my life typing this cringefest out...

Last edited:
I think the person saying "There's a carrot for every rabbit. I'm just on the other side of that river." Is just creatively saying everyone has their own interest and their own thing, but it's just not for them.

Thank you very much, Cecil.

When I'm at a defensive spot I have fear of myself. That lends me to speak through metaphors to try to put myself in a path where I can say what I need to say, deleting the posibility of me using violence to defense my point.

Unfortunaly, the 99% of the time my metaphors are compositions, instead of unities. So two or more metaphors in one answer.

People uses to be even more upset as they cannot understand me, and I can't express myselff in a better way.

Everytime I have difficulties, I use fantasy through storytelling to explain what I can't say. To avoid fealing bad emotions.

I don't fear myself because I think I could make any harm, I fear bad emotions because imagining myself discussing while in rage or hate, etc, that makes me harm, inducing fear on me. Is not like social panic, but self panic (?) Idk.

But you saw through it. Thank you once again. You gave me the stenght to say what I trully feel and 'm free of this now n.n

OMG! Ok, so this is just going to be me ranting and feeling sorry for myself.
I recently just joined. A friend recommended this, and I wanted to try it out. I was instantly obsessed, and I joined a BUNCH of group rps. I finished all my characters. Now mind you, I worked so fucking hard on them I reread everything more than once, I sat and planned the personality, Bio, and everything thing before even typing; I even checked my grammar. All those rps (AND I MEAN ALL) I joined and finished my characters for either never started because GM had to deal with life (which I get that's ok I'm just complaining because all my hard work was just GONE), or we started rping, and people stopped posting. I've never been in an RP that's lasted more than three days. And it's frustrating because I work so hard on my characters, and in the end, I don't use them, SO NOW I'm stuck making the same characters, but with slight differences, because I never get to use the ones I already made. It just sucks when you do everything you can to meet a deadline and show up, and other people don't take things as seriously.
It's like, "Hello, Hi, stop wasting our time! Thank you."

That felt nice to get off my chest. 😭

I recently just joined. A friend recommended this, and I wanted to try it out. I was instantly obsessed, and I joined a BUNCH of group rps. I finished all my characters. Now mind you, I worked so fucking hard on them I reread everything more than once, I sat and planned the personality, Bio, and everything thing before even typing; I even checked my grammar. All those rps (AND I MEAN ALL) I joined and finished my characters for either never started because GM had to deal with life (which I get that's ok I'm just complaining because all my hard work was just GONE), or we started rping, and people stopped posting. I've never been in an RP that's lasted more than three days. And it's frustrating because I work so hard on my characters, and in the end, I don't use them, SO NOW I'm stuck making the same characters, but with slight differences, because I never get to use the ones I already made. It just sucks when you do everything you can to meet a deadline and show up, and other people don't take things as seriously.

So that’s actually pretty common in roleplays (especially groups). Mostly because getting more then two people on the same schedule is very difficult.

I used to do groups all the time and of the ones I joined only three of them lasted more then a week.

They (the ones that lasted) all involved strong friend groups and usually kept going specifically because the players were all friends and could keep the story going through random drop outs because of IRL commitments. (It helps to have a GM who knows how to actually run a group which is rare in itself).

It’s why I usually recommend newbies start with 1x1, as it’s a lot easier to figure out post scheduling and compatibility when you only have two people. Not saying you can’t do group roleplays they just tend to be a lot harder to get right then a 1x1, especially when you are just starting out.

Yeah, as someone who does exclusively group, I can tell you this happens all the time (search this section and you'll find like 80 "Why do people ghost" threads. I just power through it because I dislike 1x1s for several reasons.

Literally every partner I've ever had ghosted me at some point.

One lied about their health to get out of an rp with me. The only reason I found out was because I noticed them taking up other new RP's so its not like they didn't have the time due to health or whatever.

Another actually told me my ideas were shit (not in a constructive way, but was actually rude about it).

Most people, me included, can take a, "hey i'm just not feeling it with this RP" and *usually* will respect that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back