• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Kanen shook his head and chuckled. He was already cold, who cared if he went tumbling into a snowbank too? He was perfectly going down just so long as Ash did to. “You think that’s going to save you?” Kanen countered. “We can both go rolling down this whole mountain for all I care.” He spoke, stuffing his hands into his pockets just as Ian came to the group.

Daniel tried to step up, but he was shut-up pretty quick after Kanen tossed another handful of snow in his face. Kanen stood there for a moment, looking Ian up and down before he just laughed. “That your night in shining armor?” Kanen mocked, pointing a thumb at Ian as he looked down at Ash. “With all your family’s money, I woulda’ thought you could afford some real muscle, not this twig.” He continued, turning his full attention back to Ian.

Kanen shook his head slowly. “Look, buddy...” He began. “If you’re going to live in Westbrook, there’s something you should probably know...” He went on, pausing briefly to lean towards Ian like he was about to tell him a secret. “I...don’t take suggestions very well.” He muttered before standing up straight again and flashing cocky grin. “Talk to Daniel, not me. You’re Daniel’s friend. Not mine.”

With that, Kanen turned back to Ash. “You’re going in the snow.” He said flatly, shrugging his shoulders before quickly scooping Ash up over his shoulder and marching in the direction of the snowbank.

Winona Winona PenguinFox PenguinFox

Sawyer

The feeling of frozen and very cold snow being dumped on her head was not a pleasant feeling in the least. Sawyer's jaw hardened instinctively as she rounded on the culprit, whop happened to be none other than Theo. She took a step toward him with a less than friendly smile gracing her face at his words.

"I'm about to cause another one." She spoke lowly, the smile never fading as she continued on her path toward Theo. But, she was stopped short when she heard Ash's voice. Theo momentarily forgotten, Sawyer's smile dropped and she turned to watch Ash with a wary eye. She kind of scowled as Ash spoke, but made no move to say anything. Instead she simply took a step closer to Grace's back trying to as obviously annoyed as she could look. Sawyer didn't care whether Ash was trying to apologize or something, frankly she wouldn't care if the girl was grovelling at Grace's feet. You didn't act like the way she did towards a friend and Sawyer was about fed up with the constant back and forth between her girlfriend and Ash. It wasn't that Grace hadn't done anything, but Sawyer loved her so she was on her side in this situation. Right now she just kind of wanted Ash to fuck off. Maybe they shouldn't have come out here in the first place, this was Ash's family's place after all. No. She wasn't going to let her girlfriends feud ruin their fun. Not happening.

Sawyer opened her mouth to say something but before she could get a word out, Grace was already handling the situation. She simply told Ash that yeah they would talk later and something about catching up with someone before turning to kiss Sawyer on her cheek, which melted her annoyance away almost instantly. Sawyer smiled after Grace, choosing to ignore Ash's presence. As soon as Grace stopped next to a guy Sawyer didn't recognize she turned on Theo again. Her smile dropped.

"You're all mine now, twerp." Sawyer was scooping up a handful of snow in a second and a second later it was being launched directly at Theo's face, and Sawyer didn't miss her targets. The satisfying sound it made upon contact had Sawyer smiling again as she went for another handful. Before she could launch this particular one at Theo, Grace was back in their presence. Sawyer dropped the handful of snow in her hand and turned her attention to her girlfriend and the guy she had just introduced. Akmal. Huh, interesting name.

"Yes, hi, I'm amazing girlfriend." She reached forward to shake Akmal's hand, her characteristic grin melting onto her face, "And he's annoying pay no attention to him and his snow covered mug." She gestured to Theo without dropping her smile for a second, "Nice to meet you."

Soap Soap COTimberWolf1942 COTimberWolf1942 Maree Maree

~ Akmal Acre Ahmed ~

"Sup..." Akmal corrected his face again, he could feel his smile slouch again and for once, he wanted to make a genuine effort to assimilate into this new group of people. Grace was helping him, so he'd make an effort like he should but when he looked at Sawyer, he could feel himself grinning, her smile was also infectious. He took her hand and squeezed, "I'm sure you're just as amazing as Grace has been telling me, you can call me AAA...Akmal is a mouthful." His voice was deep but soft, occasionally there was still a patch of roughness, "Good to meet you Sawyer, you too bro.." Akmal nodded his head at Theo, "So are we just assaulting each other with snow right now? I think I can get in on this..." Akmal grinned mischievously and scooped a handful of snow, dumping in on Grace's head before skittering backwards to get out of the line of fire.

Soap Soap KingofAesir KingofAesir Maree Maree

Ian smiled at Ash. "Well nobody was run over so I'd say pretty good." he said giving a pointed but joking look at Daniel. Ian then stared Kanen down blankly. He might regret it but in that moment he decided to be a smartass. "Nah, I haven't polished my armor in a while. Not exactly shiny you know? It's just so much effort. Especially the codpiece." he grinned wide. "I may be a twig, but I like to consider myself the brains of an operation." he said nodding thoughtfully to himself. It was then that it seemed Kanen was actively threatening him. He tilted his head to the side and looked confused. "I can only talk to people who are my friend? How do I get to that point then? Can I use sign language, is that allowed?" he looked over to Ash a smirk starting to form on his face. "I had no idea Westbrook had so many rules." Ian then decided to extend an olive branch of sorts. In his own way. He wanted Kanen to know that he knew Kanen could destroy him and Ian wasn't trying to provoke him. "Not suggestible. Got it." he put his finger to his temple. "Won't forget it. My mind is like a steel trap. Whatever that means."

As soon as Kanen seemed to be done with Ian he turned to Ash and quite literally picked her up. He then brought he to a snowbank and did exactly as he said he was going to do; drop her in a snowbank. "Yikes." Ian mumbled, knowing his stick like self couldn't have done anything about it. There would be no way he would overpower Kanen, not ever. He seemed quite determined and at this point it would be like stepping in front of a train. So Ian watched on with an apologetic look on his face. "I bet that's cold." he said with an awkward chuckle as he made his way over to help Ash up. Winona Winona High5ives High5ives

Ash
View attachment 564743

Okay so in all honesty, she should've ran away from Kanen when he actually gave her a chance, but Ash had a feeling that even trying to run away wouldn't have done any good. Kanen probably would've found her and tossed her in a snow bank in revenge when she was, like, sleeping or something. Partying. Something where she was not prepared.

Ash was busy laughing at Ian's joke, and being quietly impressed that he had sassed Kanen. No one sassed Kanen and kept their face intact, so she was quietly hoping that maybe for once, Kanen would be a good sport about something and ignore him. It was then that, well, Kanen threw her over his shoulder and started carrying her over to a snow bank. No amount of kicking or flailing could get her away from him, so she finally just accepted her fate, until she was falling into the snow.

On her way down, she did manage to grab hold of his shirt and pull him down after her... and kind of almost on top of her. Look, try dragging someone down in the snow after you and see what the hell happens. Anyway, Ash gasped as the cold snow got through her thin coat, and left her practically freezing. "So mature, Kanen." She said, sticking her tongue out before it occurred to her just how close they were. Right. Her heart pounded a little bit, and she was about to get out of the snow when Ash decided that she would win this match... So she scooped up some more snow in her hand and smacked it onto Kanen's head, and then struggled her way out of the snow bank.

Luckily, her new friend Ian was there, and Ash thankfully took his hand and let him help her out of the snow. "You're a very bad knight in shining armor," she said, narrowing her eyes at Ian with a playful smirk on her face, crossing her arms over her chest to try and warm herself up. "So about that gift that you messaged me about... would it be bad if we cracked it open now?" Yes, okay, so Ash had plans to start drinking right now, early in the afternoon.

Then her gaze caught sight of Stu grabbing his bag, and Ash figured she could mess with Kanen one last time. And try to bond with her new kind of almost brother at the same time. "Stu!" She yelled at him. "Hey come over here and meet Kanen who just very rudely tossed me in the snow." She looked over towards Kanen with a smile. "This is my new better brother, Stu."

Dede Dede High5ives High5ives PenguinFox PenguinFox

Last edited:
Grace
tumblr_inline_pkalb4yR7s1t9ndkh_1280.gif

Grace shifted on her heels, as the two brought up the 'amazing' part for more than it was. Well, okay, no. It's exactly what it was, Sawyer was amazing, no doubt about it. That alone brought a blush to the blonde's cheeks. Turning her attention towards Akmal and was confused by his words for a split second. This time she didn't flinch as the snow was placed on top of her head. She stared at him emotionless for the first few seconds. "You too, huh?" Eying his own grin, slowly her own smile came to show and she quickly grabbed a handful of snow, molding it into the perfect snowball before throwing it straight towards his face.

Before it was a full on fight, Grace moved to take cover literally anywhere instead of standing in the middle of nowhere ready to get covered with snow. Throwing a few more his way, a few more than she expected them to hit it's mark. "See! I'm a pro at this." She teased, and her gaze caught a certain blonde that she'd avoided hitting. They were a team, right? That small thought quickly faded she got pelted with snowballs. Who'd she figured it only came from her 'teammate.' Her shock quickly faded when she realized she should get back at her girlfriend.

While she was distracted with throwing her own snowballs towards Akmal and Theo, Grace sneaked up behind Sawyer with a handful of snow and threw it on top of her own head, putting her hands behind her back as if she'd didn't hit her with it in the first place. Taking Theo's own actions and playing the innocent card. "Hey, nice throw." She raised an eyebrow in the direction where Theo was... basically eating snow.

KingofAesir KingofAesir COTimberWolf1942 COTimberWolf1942
Juliette
tumblr_npnjztMyP41qhg6ebo2_250.gif

Juliette raised an eyebrow at Ava's words towards Belle, but said nothing on the matter. She didn't quite get what she meant by bringing up Zach. Of course there were girls interested in Zach, he was sweet, and really good looking. What? She had a boyfriend, that didn't mean she wasn't blind. JJ appreciates pretty faces, at least... the faces she could actually stand to look at.

She opened her mouth to reply to Ava but Zach beat her to the punch and sent a wink her way, and Juliette would be lying if a blush didn't come to her face because of it. "Mmhm. Good to know." She kept eye-contact with him for the next few seconds before returning her attention back to Ava. Chuckling as she shook her head, there was plenty of other things to pick on, but of course she chose video games as a flaw.

"Yeah, I'm sure she's... terrible at them." Jules gave her a look, confused on why she hated Belle. Was it one of those things if you hated someone your best friend did too? Juliette did it many times for like, Lexi. She'd say the other cheerleaders, but most of them weren't as well, 'out there.' As Lexi was. She didn't really have a problem with it either, she stuck up for her, and Lexi would do the same. Juliette was convinced of that fact.

With a last look in the rear view mirror towards Belle and Zach, she turned on the radio. "Enough flirting." Whether she meant that towards Belle, Zach, even herself. Juliette just wanted to get done with this horrid car ride already. The few hours went by just swimmingly, the music drowned out most of Belle's voice, and Ava was close enough to her so she could 'trash' talk whenever she wanted. JJ didn't mind her trash talking, even encouraged it strongly. It was nice hearing about how much she hated someone that wasn't Jules.

They pulled up to the cabin and she got out of the car, opening the trunk and grabbing her bag, walking towards Zach with a sickeningly sweet smile and placed it in his hands. "Too bad Bryan isn't here. Think you could be my replacement for now?" She asked with a small shrug. She wasn't manipulating him into carrying her bags, she was just simply asking... and if he said no, well, Juliette was sure she could handle it herself. Yeah. Totally.

Dazzle Dazzle Maree Maree Winona Winona

Casper

Casper kept looking around the room with wonder, even interested in the water that came out of the sink.

“This is so cool!” he said, going and peeking out the window even as the cold air chilled him, just looking out.

Stu didn’t sound as excited as Casper for this room, but that was something that would come to him later, at night, as he tried to fall asleep and instead ended up trailing after his thoughts.

Then, he asked what might as well have been the most important question of the week. Casper immediately nibbled at his lip, fingers tapping against the window sill thoughtfully. He knew the answer- he wanted the top bunk. He’d never slept up that high, and he was short, so he probably wouldn’t even hit the ceiling, right?

Outside, cars began to pull in, and various people Casper didn’t recognize began to filter out of them, making him nibble on his lip harder.

But what if Stu wanted the top bunk? He was only here because of Stu, and even if he wasn’t, what Stu wanted was more important than what Casper wanted- Casper liked Stu, and you should always put the people you like first, right?

“Um-” he started, but then he turned around, and realized that at some point while Casper had been thinking, Stu had left. He slumped, moving a finger to his mouth to nibble on.

After a moment, he nibbled on his finger harder, wondering what Neck Tie might be up to, then turned to look out the window, watching the various people. Ash was approaching a guy that Casper may have been just a bit intimidated by, and there were two blonde girls, and everywhere there seemed to be snow.

He kind of wanted to go join them, but… No. He should wait for Neck Tie to come back… right?

~`*`~​

Aaron

The screaming seemed to come early this trip, and Aaron turned to the front, head held up by a hand as he put his ankle up on his knee, watching disinterestedly as Carter rolled up the window. On the one hand, he wanted to laugh, and maybe he would have if Carter weren’t yelling at Drake.

He zoned back in to the conversation directly in front of him at that point, and he managed to keep back a frown of distaste, instead turning to look back out the window as he crossed his arms. Betting a date? Trashy. Or maybe Aaron just didn’t like the fact this was happening right in his face.

He refused to look up as he heard a seat move, and didn’t even look up when he heard Drake speak, even if he kind of wanted to, and especially when Drake started shouting at him. Maybe he should have, but he was used to ignoring people when they shouted at him. Usually, it got people to leave him alone- Why did he want Drake to leave him alone?

Drake announced he was coming back, and Aaron finally looked forward, just in time for Drake’s head to land in his lap.

He actually did scowl at that, looking down at him as he shoved Drake’s head out of his lap as Drake sat up. At least things could only get better from here, right?

Wrong.

An arm was being wrapped around Aaron and, to his dismay, he was being pulled closer. Aaron nodded as Drake mentioned Belle. He’d heard a bit about that, though that was probably because he was around Drake a… fair amount. Not thinking about that right now.

“I’ve heard about it,” Aaron said, glancing evenly to Maisie for a moment, then looked vaguely forward again.

He nodded to what Drake said, stomach churning just a bit at the mention of smooching. He just wasn’t into that kind of thing, you know? Immediately, he wanted to tell Drake that he couldn’t help, that he couldn’t even imagine wanting to date someone, but Drake kept talking, and somehow, things managed to get even worse.

Aaron had dropped his head into his hand by the end of his first suggested manner of approaching this subject Aaron still didn’t want to hear anything about, and then Drake took one of Aaron’s hands in his, and for a split second, Aaron’s heart squeezed.
And then he started speaking, and Aaron wanted to die. That was not how you said that. He wasn’t quite sure how one would go about saying that, but it definitely wasn’t like that.

He rolled his eyes, head still in his hand as Drake flopped back. He looked to Drake, thinking of how he could possibly help him.

He knew one way, so as Maisie advised Drake to just ask her, Aaron sat up, saying, “Both of those ideas are dumb as shit.”

He glanced at Maisie as she kept speaking, and, with a bewilderment not visible on his face, realized that Maisie was… displeased about something. He nodded anyways, slow, then turned his head to Drake, eyes lingering on Maisie, before he said, “Yes. Just…” He paused. Just what?

For a moment, he tried to imagine how he would want to be asked out, in a world where he was the kind of person people asked out.

Immediately, he imagined somewhere lit warmly- just bright enough that if this mystery person tried anything, it could be seen. Away from people so he didn’t feel pressured by their eyes, but not so far they couldn’t hear him if things went south. A soft voice, hands wrapped around one of his, a touch of vulnerability in this mystery person’s voice.

There would have to be build up- previous bonds beyond a few dates. He couldn’t imagine trusting someone that was practically a stranger nearly that much.

For a moment, he thought about relaying this, but no. That was personal. And sure, Drake was nice, but he wasn’t nice enough to know that… right?

He drew just a bit from his thoughts, realizing that he had been looking at Drake perhaps a bit too long, and said, “Yes, just ask her.”

Ava
Saying You're Gross.gif

Why the hell did Zach always make her so... oh, there weren't even words to describe just how flustered he made her. Ava happily spent the rest of the ride in silence, playing her game and ignoring Zach and Belle practically making out in the backseat, while bitching with Jules. Ah. This was just like the good old times.

She was more than glad once they actually pulled up to the ski lodge and for a moment, Ava was speechless as she stared, wide-eyed, at the large cabin. Who the hell owned a cabin in like a ski resort area that could house like thirty kids? She thought she had been used to the whole rich kid thing after visiting Belle's house, and also hanging out with JJ so much at her house. But this wasn't somewhere they just lived. This was somewhere that they went once a year.

Ava rolled her eyes, opening the car door and stepping out into the cold. Nasty. Her shoulders slouched and she glared around from underneath her black hood at all the stupid teenagers having fun and throwing snow at each other. Who actually got joy from being faced with hypothermia? With a huff, Ava shot one more glare around and then made her way to the trunk.

JJ was already flirting it up with Zach, asking him to carry her bags, and Ava just rolled her eyes and pushed roughly past her, grabbing her own backpack out of the back of the car and throwing it over her shoulder. She had only packed the essentials: two shirts, two pairs of pants, a flannel, and like a toothbrush. Which meant that she had plenty of room left over for her to stuff some videogames in there. It was genius, really. What better way to spend the week than playing games?

"Wow, JJ, you're almost as bad as Belle. At least you save the... what's it called? The body rubbing or whatever for the bedroom." God damn it. Oh well. She glared at JJ, and then Zach, and then stalked off towards the cabin. Ava needed a good while away from the two of them, to breathe and get away from all the disgusting flirting or whatever.

Her gaze turned back to her most prized possession, her sweet, wonderful, perfect Nintendo Switch. Ava wasn't really paying attention to where she was walking, instead trying to beat this level in MarioKart. Somewhere, she heard someone yell to look out, but it didn't register with Ava that those words could be directed at her.

And then she was being slammed into, her game was flying out of her hands, and she was falling onto the ground uncomfortably on her back, with some guy's stupid helmeted face in hers. The wind was knocked out of her lungs, and now her back hurt, and there was a look of surprise on her face as she stared at this dude... and then the air refilled her lungs, and Ava was back on the warpath.

"Excuse me, but what the hell do you think you're doing?!" Ava yelled, shoving the dude off of her and rolling over to look around frantically for her Switch. She crawled across the snow towards it, picking it up, checking it over, and then sighing in relief and hugging it close to her chest when she saw it was still in working order. Thank goodness... and then her angry gaze turned back onto the guy.

Soap Soap Dazzle Dazzle

Caleb
HardHideousAdder-small.gif

Again, why was Caleb here? Being forced to attend social things wasn't ideal. Or fun as some people might think it'd be. He didn't really have anyone to hang out with. The other guys on the team were total douchebags. Not to him, surprisingly. But to each other, and Caleb wanted nothing to do with any of that. Thanksgiving was pleasant enough though, his grandmother had came over and helped them cook. His mother appreciated it the most, seeing as though she couldn't.

That hurt a lot to see her like that too. She wanted to help in the kitchen but was too ill to stand, she pretended like she was fine, the sight alone made Caleb all antsy, but he put a smile on for her otherwise. At the end of it... it wasn't that bad. It was a nice. Besides that. Here he was, snowboarding. His parents took him here a few times as a kid actually. Took a while to save up enough money, but they did it.

Even if his parents couldn't be here this time, it was still almost as enjoyable. The wind in his... hair? The helmet was on, but can the saying still apply? Probably. He picked up speed and went down the hill, he saw a flash of red and his eyes widened. "Hey! Watch out!" He called out to the girl who seemed most definitely occupied. "Lady! Seriously watch--" Caleb had tried to slow himself down but it was to no avail and he went crashing into the girl.

Letting out a small grunt of pain, but trying he tried his best to keep himself up on his hands that way he wouldn't crush the girl with his own weight. He looked down at her and his eyes went wide in surprise, face to face with a stranger. He didn't say anything for the first few seconds, almost glad she opened her mouth before he did. Almost. Scrambling off of her when she pushed him off roughly to get to her video game. Unbuckling his helmet to take it off while gesturing towards the snow.

"Snowboarding." He answered her question rather simply, as he moved some of his hair out of his eyes. He hated dumb helmets. "What the hell are you doing. You should pay more attention. You could've been seriously hurt. Who cares about that thing?" He pointed towards the game she was holding protectively. He stared at her for another moment and averted his gaze, avoiding eye-contact with the redhead. "Uh... a-are you okay?" Okay, can you blame him for being a little nervous? She was... kind of intimidating.

Winona Winona

Last edited:
Drake
Big LAUGH.gif

Wow, he had some supportive friends. Although they didn't really give any new, fresh ideas, at least they supported him in asking Belle out. But just asking her... Drake didn't like that idea. He'd only had one other girlfriend, and that had lasted only a couple days before Drake walked into the apartment to find her kissing Mason. Yeah. Her excuse had been "What was I supposed to do?" well the simple answer was to not kiss his brother, but oh well. It happened. At least he hadn't wasted his lip virginity on someone who went off to date Mason and then ultimately break his heart, too! Stupid girls these days.

He pushed away those thoughts, because now he was with Belle, and Drake was in a happier place than he'd ever been before. "Next order of business..." Drake peeked ahead to make sure that Mason and Raven weren't paying attention, and then whispered; "I've never kissed a girl before. Or a boy. No one. I'm guessing she's going to want to kiss because I can't keep just like... dodging that, right? But like... how do you kiss a not lip virgin? A non-lirgin?"

Drake had no idea how many guys or girls that Belle had kissed. Now he didn't want to say she was a floozy or anything because quite frankly, Drake didn't think she was -- and he wasn't too happy about all the rumors going around about her. That being said, he did believe that she had kissed her fair share of people. So what was he supposed to do when he was all inexperienced?!

"Question: Would it be wrong to trade weed for kissing lessons from someone?" Drake had packed along a few drugs, it was whatever. Mason had thought he'd checked everywhere, but he hadn't checked inside Drake's pants! Ha! Now yeah, maybe it was a little gross, but he had to sneak his stuff up to the ski hill somehow.

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties Soap Soap

--------------------------------

Ava
Fake Smile.gif

Had this boy who ran her over really just have the audacity to insult her child? "Who cares? Who cares?" She echoed, snorting in absolute disgust that he would even ask such a ludicrous question! "I care for one, and you should care, too! What did this poor Switch ever do to you?! And how dare you even call it a thing. This thing is worth more than your pathetic little life." Ava huffed and yeah, maybe that was harsh, but this boy had just insulted her baby! Her best friend!

Ava, still rather cross, pulled her backpack off to gently nestle her Switch in it amongst her shirts, and then she pulled her backpack back on, glancing at this boy as he... did he just ask if she was okay? After what she had said, what she had done, and... what the hell was wrong with him? Had he hit the ground harder than Ava had thought?

"Uhh... yes. I'm alright." She said slowly, and eyed the strange kid suspiciously. He looked like the jock type, but wasn't one of the jocks that Ava had so cleverly named in her head. Ava stood up slowly, brushing the snow from her sweatpants and sweater and yeah, maybe it wasn't her best judgment, but she sighed and walked over to the kid, holding her hand out to help him up, although she made it clear that this was a chore for her and not out of the goodness of her heart.

"Ava." She mumbled. "That's my name. Ava. Uhh... are you alright?" Ava asked, clearing her throat awkwardly. It wasn't as fun to be mean to people who couldn't return the sass. This was the reason that she hung around JJ and Zach! They tested her and yeah, maybe Ava got some kind of little thrill out of that. Being nice sucked.

Soap Soap

Neck Tie

ivY0zXk.gif

Dad forbade him from fraternising with Kanen, but it wouldn’t be his fault if Ash made him do it, right? It wasn’t as if he’d forgotten his bag on purpose, and only came back out to collect it when the two would notice him. That would be silly, right?

Neck Tie reluctantly plopped his bag down and descended from the porch. He stopped in front of the three and glanced at Ash’s magnificent imprint in the snowbank. To be sure, getting tossed into snow by Kanen sounded a lot preferable to getting tossed into a bunch of metal chairs by Kanen. He wouldn’t be complaining at all if he were Ash. She ought to just count her blessings!

His eyes wandered to his old friend, where they remained awhile hypnotised by the myriad of tattoos that graced his neck and hands. He had seen them from afar but seeing them up close was a different thing altogether. Neck Tie then smiled faintly and passed Kanen a small wave. ‘Hi. . .’ he muttered. Not wanting to be caught staring, he turned his soft gaze on his own feet in the snow. He must have picked the wrong boots because the snow had somehow seeped in through the seams and dampened his socks. He couldn't even feel his own feet anymore let alone wiggle his toes.

Another kid, older-looking enough to be a senior, completed their circle of awkwardness. Neck Tie wasn’t sure what else he was supposed to say. Kanen had vanished without a goodbye and who knew where he had been the past few months. If they were friends, like he assumed they were, Kanen might have kept in touch and sent a message or two, but instead he’d heard nothing from him. Now Kanen was back, and it was as if nothing had happened and he’d been worried for nothing. Neck Tie wasn't sure if he would ever get an explanation, though he didn't demand it and he supposed it was good news enough that Kanen was back. As he stood there he began rubbing his hands together and breathing into them for warmth. Not be cause he was cold or anything, it was just something to do to fill the silence.

Winona Winona High5ives High5ives PenguinFox PenguinFox

Jace
Lip Thing.gif

He hadn't even spent that terribly long facedown in his bed, in his room, where he would be bunking with no one. Kind of sad, really, but there was the whole part about having to share the bed with someone if he were to bunk. And, well, being the grandson of the owner of the cabin meant that he got special privileges, such as not having to share, right? Well... it made sense to him.

Regardless, Jace did get bored and realize that he was rather hungry only a few meager minutes into the stay. He lifted his head slowly to look at the nearby digital alarm clock, and glared at it to find that yes, it was still just a few minutes into this treachery. Well. That absolutely sucked, and Jace was more than ready to go home already.

Jace rolled out of the bed, glaring at the door for a moment before he finally dragged himself up, and then headed over, unlocking his bedroom door and then stepping into the hallway. There was only one way to go from here given his room being on the corner of the house, so Jace turned right and started walking, shoulders slouched as he did. He was heading for the kitchen, probably, to get some snack or just see what they would need for the upcoming week. Ash may have been fine surviving on a diet purely made of alcohol, but Jace was not nearly as stupid. However, food for the forty-some teens coming would be... a lot.

While he was walking, he caught sight of some girl that he had yet to meet, and didn't recognize. Strange, but he also knew that his sister had a habit of making friends with random people, or just inviting people to her parties that she barely knew, or didn't know at all. So Jace came to a stop in front of her, and reached up a hand to tug at the navy blue beanie atop his head. "Hi. Uh... are you... uh... you look lost?" He said slowly, awkwardly, then held out his hand. "I'm Jace. West. Uh, you might know my sister, Ash. This is kind of our family's cabin..." he cleared his throat, once more awkwardly, and decided to just stop talking here.

A Little Cloud A Little Cloud

Carter

Carter rolled her eyes listening to Mason and Raven flirt in her back seats.
"No foreplay in my car. Save it for the ski resort." She smirked. As much as she was acting like the flirting didn't bother her, something in the pit of her stomach felt off. She felt almost annoyed by their interactions. The same way as she had felt when they shared their stage kiss. "Can you keep it in your pants till we get there?"

Carter changed the radio station now that she didn't have Drake in the passengers seat controlling the radio. She was getting antsy to get to the resort, her car was full of people but she felt alone despite it. She was counting down the hours till she was on the mountain. Already deciding that she would skip unpacking the car entirely and head straight for the lift.

She drove down a snowy road, leading to the resort. Driving slowly and carefully towards the house. Which honestly looked more like a mansion. She parked next to one of the many cars. Opening her door, almost forgetting to unlock the rest of the car. She went to the back and swung open the trunk, pulling out her boots, board, and helmet.

"Anyone up for a jager shot?" Carter held up an un-open bottle that she stole from her mothers liqueur cabinet before she had left that morning. Still wondering why her mother hadn't learned to lock it up, but thankful she was so trusting. "Celebration for making it here without me killing Drake?"

Carter let out a forced laugh, pulling out her red solo shot glasses. Pouring herself a glass, and refilling it right away. This was what the weekend was for, right?

Soap Soap Winona Winona
mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

A L I C E
STATUS
Mood ~ Surprised
Interacting with ~ Jace
Mentions ~ Winona Winona

Alice was getting more and more interested in the cabin the more she explored. She knew that it belonged to the Wests, and was thankful that she had somehow met Ash before the ski trip. She was wandering around in a hallway when she looked out the window at everyone playing in the snow. Her smile disappeared for a second, and she remembered her time in Washington, where she had amazing friends everything that she wanted. Well, you have Nikita, right? But I just met him. And it's not exactly the same. Alice slowly tore her eyes away from the snow and continued moving down the hallway.

Alice was still walking, just admiring the wood ceilings and everything else when someone appeared in front of her. She blinked, a bit confused, but a small smile crept onto her face. "No, I don't suppose that I'm lost." She wondered why this boy was so nervous, but she did her best to make herself seem friendly. He did look a little surprised when she spoke. Perhaps it's the accent. Alice nodded and shook Jace's hand. "Pleased to meet you, Jace. I'm Alice. Alice Ester." She turned around, looking around the cabin once again. "This is a very nice place. Do you come here every winter?" She turned around, raising an eyebrow.

Nova
It wasn't like she wanted to move back to Seattle for the short time she was in the city. Sure, her hometown was a place she loved, a place she felt safe and comfortable... but that same feeling had just began to fill her in Westbrook when she was forced back to the PNW. Her father, ever the business man, was being tried by the State of Washington for fraud in a company he owned, meaning that Nova and her parents needed to be in the city for the trial. Also meaning that Nova's phone, computer, all electronics were confiscated for the investigation. And investigation that seemed to last forever... three months to be exact. Three months of homeschooling, three months of practicing guitar (because there was nothing better to do), three months of... well, missing Jace.

Due to the nature of the investigation, she left in a hurry and didn't give the blonde boy much detail. And since her departure, she had only stalked him social media a little, seen him in some pictures that Ash posted, and wondered when she would be able to explain herself. Or if he would even want an explanation. Because maybe he didn't. Maybe her beanie boy had moved on, met someone new and was happy. And while yeah, Nova's greatest wish for Jace was his happiness, the selfish inch of her being hoped that said happiness could possibly be because of her presence in Jace's life. The thought of how happy the blonde had made her, how many smiles, laughs, moments were alive in her memory because of him... how could she ever repay him for the light he had brought to her life?

The very thought of those memories were playing on a loop in Nova's head as she shouldered her backpack higher, taking a deep breath as she stepped out of the cab she had taken here. To this cabin. To the very place where Westbrook, or the people that made Westbrook for her, were gathering. To this cabin that was owned by the West family. By Jace's family. She couldn't believe that Ash would ever put the address to this place on a platform as public as Twitter, but right now, all Nova felt was grateful for her carelessness. Tugging at her loose yellow sweater, one shoulder exposed, and pulling up high-waisted vintage blue jeans, the brunette gave herself a nod before walking to the door and pushing it open. The house smelled of strong cinnamon and vanilla, the temperature much warmer than the snow frost outside that bit at Nova's nose, now rosy and warm. All in all, it was a much nicer place than anywhere she had stayed, but that was to be expected? After all, it was owned by the Wests, which seemed to never spare an expense.

Winona Winona @everyoneelse

Jace
Lip Thing.gif

"Nice to meet you, Alice." He said with a faint smile, listening as she asked a question that he had easily heard a million times. Do you come here every winter? The question was complicated because yes, they used to, but after his mother had left it had just turned into a place for Ash to have a straight week of underage drinking. Technically though, yes, he came up here every winter. Because his father always sent Jace with, thinking that the skinny blonde boy could keep his sister safe or at least keep the stupid teens from breaking a window in their grandparents' cabin. "Yeah, I mean... kind of. We used to a lot, but now like... it's just a party, and--"

His words were cut off as the front door opened up, and there stood Nova, and Jace was absolutely speechless. How had she... he didn't know what to say, or what to do at first, instead just standing there, absolutely stunned with his jaw dropped in surprise. After a moment of straight staring, he glanced at Alice, kind of coming back to the present. "I... sorry, I need to go talk to her. I'll see you later, Alice." He said, pushing past Alice and starting towards Nova. It was Nova, right?

Of course it was Nova. He'd recognize her anywhere. Framed in the doorway like a perfect painting, dark hair, gentle smile, even wearing his favorite color, and god she looked so perfect in it. For a moment, he remembered his beanie -- navy blue, the new beanie that Theo had gotten him after he had taken off his yellow beanie. It hadn't felt right at the time -- just a memory of his mother who had given it to him and left, and then of Nova who had adored it and also left. But now, well, he wanted nothing more than to shed this new one and go pull his old yellow beanie out of his bag, and go back to being Nova's beanie boy.

Jace stopped in front of her, breathless and for a moment, he didn't say anything as he just looked her over, taking in every inch of her face that yes, maybe he had memorized and remembered. "I..." he started to speak, but his voice cracked and then he just reached forward, pulling Nova into a tight hug and even lifted her into the air (who knew he had this kind of strength?!), spinning in a circle with her tight in his arms, a huge smile on his face for a moment before he set her back down, realizing that maybe she didn't still like him or something. So Jace was quick to let go and take a step back, awkwardly tapping his sides. "Nova I missed you so much. What... what happened?" He asked quietly, his blue-green eyes finally taking on a look of hurt.

txlos txlos A Little Cloud A Little Cloud

Nova

Y'know that feeling that bubbles in your chest when you see someone who convinces you that there is good in the world? The feeling that makes you think all the shit you've been through, all the long nights and heartache and confusion, all of it actually has made you stronger? Made you better? Made you ready to accept that yeah, shit happens, but great things do to? And that feeling, that feeling of resolution and acceptance that maybe everything will be okay, is all thanks to the fact that someone makes you feel safe. That was Jace for Nova. And that feeling was bursting through every inch of the brunette's skin when she saw that blonde mop of hair come around the corner to stand before her, wrap her in his arms, making her feel like he always had; safe.

The feeling faded just slightly, and too soon, as she was set to her feet, Jace backing away and putting a foot of space between them. But it didn't feel like a foot, it felt like a mile long stretch that she couldn't see through. It felt like... well, it felt like three months of space. She didn't even know how to answer his question, no really. Be honest with him? Probably the best route. They were always honest with each other, she wasn't going to start sugarcoating now.

"My uh, well..." A small cough lurched from her throat as her stomach twisted. She hadn't told anyone what happened at the trial, she hadn't even spoken about it outside of her family. But if she was going to tell anyone, she couldn't think of another person who would as gentle to her as Jace would. "My father did some pretty... messed up things with a company he owned back in Seattle. Wrote bad checks, lied to people. He was tried by the State of Washington, meaning we had to be in Washington, so we moved back," The sigh that left her lips felt like it weighed three tons on her chest, her eyes having fallen down to her fingers where they knotted in and out of each other soon moved back up to Jace's blues. Blues she had seen in her dreams while she was away, blues she adored to the ends of the earth. "I couldn't tell anyone, I couldn't talk to anyone," Nova's voice fell to a whisper, her eyes beginning to brim with tears, "They took my phone, laptop, they took every electronic my family owned and searched through it. Dad went to jail, mom and I moved back here and I saw the address on Ash's twitter to the cabin and I just-" Breath catched, Nova reached out and hugged her arms tight around Jace's, burying her face there. Just like she always had. This crook of Jace's neck was a safe place, a familiar place, one she hadn't been able to reach for far too long.

"I just really wanted to see you."

Winona Winona

Jace
Up and Down SMILE.gif

Now he just felt like a dick for thinking that Nova had left and stopped contacting him because she didn't love him or like him or something equally stupid and selfish. Jace couldn't believe that she'd had to go through all of that without anyone there to help, or to stand by her side and comfort her. Damn it, he was a horrible person. Horrible boyfriend. While Nova had been dealing with all of that hell, Jace had been back here in Westbrook, getting into fights with Stu, generally ruining his life, and maybe or maybe not catching feelings for a certain Theo, who had been nothing but nice to Jace. But now he just felt downright guilty.

When she wrapped her arms back around him, Jace actually felt at peace for once. He let out a sigh, pulling her into a hug and burying his face in her hair. It all felt so natural, so right, and for a moment, all of his worries about Theo and his mother and Stu faded away and Jace felt at peace for once. Nova in his arms, pressed against his side, felt as if she'd always belonged there. As if like... they had been created to fit perfectly in each other's arms, or something equally stupidly grossly romantic.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there to help you. That all sounds horrible." Jace said, his voice wavering a bit with the guilt that he felt, even if he'd had no idea what was going on. "Are you okay after all that? Are you and your mom alright?" He hesitated, thinking hard about whether or not it was too soon to even ask this, but oh well. It was Nova. His Nova. His perfect little girlfriend, er... maybe still girlfriend. Jace needed to figure that out. "Do you want to... I dunno... I have a room if you want we could go like... sit and talk, or go say hi to people if you miss your friends or just whatever works." He was rambling a bit, and finally just shut up.

txlos txlos

Mason
Cutie Smile.gif

She was doing this purposely just to fuck with him, right? Surely she was, but Mason couldn't not bite the bait, and try to keep himself from being too ah... speechless around Raven. Deep breaths, he told himself, as he listened to her speak and wow, had she really just suggested that? A coy smile came onto his face, and he smirked at her. "You know, if you were offering seriously, I'd take you up on that in a heartbeat..." he said slowly, his gaze moving down onto her lips, and then farther down before returning to her eyes.

Mason ignored Carter as she yelled something about keeping it in their pants, and then leaned closer to Raven, trying to keep his heart from pounding right out of his chest, because holy fuck, Raven was even more breath-taking up close and yeah, Mason was totally losing his breath over her. "When you decide to stop teasing," he whispered so that only the two of them could hear, so close that he could smell her perfume, presuming she wears perfume or whatever it was that she smelled like. "And decide that you deserve better than being dragged through the dirt by people who don't deserve you..."

He hesitated, his eyes moving again to her lips before returning to her face. A dark strand of hair had fallen across her face, and Mason reached up, tucking it back behind her ear, and let his hand hover on her cheek for a few moments too long. "Talk to me, and I'll show you a really good time." He winked, and then leaned back in his seat, dropping his hand from Raven's face and looking out the window for the rest of the ride to the cabin, where he was more than eager to get out.

Mason was out right after Carter, glaring around at the snow before he followed her to the back, taking one of the little shot glasses from her and pouring himself a shot. "Cheers to that, even if I lost a bet." Mason said with a lopsided grin, as he downed the shot and poured himself another one. Mason needed to drink and maybe get a little bit drunk after that long van ride with Raven, which had just left him breathless, speechless, and with his cheeks burning from stupid blushing.

Soap Soap Dazzle Dazzle

Nova
"Mom and I are settling into our new place, since the bank took our old one in Westbrook we bought a little two bedroom. It's actually kinda over by you," A small chuckle escaped Nova's lips at the thought of being within walking distance of Jace. How nice it would be to be able to just walk over to see him, stroll home for a change of clothes, and walk right back. If he wanted that, of course. Her standing with the blondie wasn't exactly clear, but the five-minute hug did bring her some semblance of peace.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner," Nova's voice broke slightly as the apology seemed to just fall out of her. It's not like she didn't want to tell Jace, she just couldn't. She wanted to tell him everything, wanted to tell him that she would be back, and if he had it in him, to wait for her. She wanted to text him and call him throughout the entire ordeal, tell him how much she thought about him, missed him, wished she was falling asleep hugging him chest instead of the stupid pillow that she pretended was him. Nova wasn't ignorant to what it probably did to Jace, her up and leaving without saying a word, but damn, it wasn't intentional. Pulling away slightly, but lot letting her arms fall from his neck, the brunette took a minute just to look at the boy before her. This boy who had built her confidence from the pile of dust it had been in when they met, this boy who had held her through hard times and good, this boy who thought she was beautiful and wondrous. And god, how did she get so lucky to deserve the attention of such a boy. But something was different...

"Whats that?" Nova's brows furrowed as she pointed to the dark lump atop Jace's blonde mop of hair, tilting her head to the side. It wasn't the yellow beanie that brightened Jace, made him look like a soft boy with artsy dreams. Instead, the brightness had been replaced by this brick of navy, coating Jace in this weird, edgy aura that made a frown spill onto Nova's lips. None the less, she gingerly reached down and laced her finger's into Jace's, pursing her lips as she looked from the beanie back to his eyes. "I didn't really want to see anyone else but you, Mr. West," The girl cooed, squeezing his hand a bit. "And I think I have more explaining to do... you deserve that much. Why don't we go talk in your room? Besides... I'm kinda hopin' you still have your infamous yellow beanie," Nova smiled lightly, tucking a loose strand of hair back. "The navy edgy is cool 'n all, but I missed my sunshine boy."

Winona Winona

Jace
Up and Down SMILE.gif

She was so sweet. Why was Nova apologizing for something she had no control over? Well that was a stupid question. It was obviously because Nova was the purest thing to ever bless than world, and she would take these kinds of things on her shoulders and take blame. It was one of Nova's few flaws, and Jace hated that she would do this kind of thing to herself. In his eyes, Nova could never do any wrong, so to see her blame herself always made his heart ache -- even right now, when he didn't know where they stood. Jace couldn't believe he hadn't seen Nova in three months, and yet it felt like no time had passed.

"Please don't apologize for that. It wasn't your fault and I... I'm just glad you're back now." It was true, and a smile accompanied his words. Even if this confused whatever the heck his friendship or... whatever... was with Theo, he was glad to have Nova back. Not only had she been his girlfriend, but she had been his best friend, and it felt as if no matter what kind of things had happened over the last few months, his life had finally righted itself. Although... Theo had done the same for him in Nova's absence, but maybe his feelings for Theo were all just normal friendship. Plus wasn't Theo straight? So it wasn't like anything would even happen.

Right. Nova. He needed to push away his thoughts of Theo, which was almost impossible when she mentioned the navy blue beanie, which he'd almost forgotten about. Jace laughed, a bit uncomfortably at what she said. "I uh... yeah, long story. C'mon, we can go back to my room and I can tell you." He let go of Nova, but took her hand in his, intertwining their fingers and started down the hallway towards his room at the very edge of the ski lodge. A room he'd taken when he wanted the world to forget him and leave him alone but now that he had Nova by his side, making him more confident or something, Jace didn't want to be forgotten.

"So uh, on college day, I... I found my mother making out with Stu's dad. Anyway, she came back to town and like... didn't tell me or Ash." Yeah, it still kinda hurt to know that. "But uh... uh, I tried really hard to please her, right? And then we had the musical, and she was just... disappointed, probably because I got in a fight with Stu and knocked the principal off the stage, and I also missed a couple notes." His mother had yelled at him about both things for a few days, and totally took Stu's side. "My... my mother gave me the yellow beanie, and my guitar when she left. It was... all I had left of her, but then Stu broke my guitar, and after my mom sided with Stu and everything... it felt so wrong. So I took off the beanie, and then this guy that I'm kinda good friends with now, Theo. He uh... he gave me a new beanie -- this one, and said it looked better." Jace said with a bright smile. He'd still keep this beanie, but he did prefer yellow.

Once they got to his room, Jace pulled Nova inside, reluctantly letting go of her hand as he crossed the room to his stuff, rummaging through his backpack until he pulled out the yellow beanie. Despite everything, yeah, he'd kept it with him. Out of sight, but with him. Jace took the navy blue beanie from his head, looking at it for a moment, before he dropped it into his bag and pulled the familiar and worn yellow beanie back on. Then, he picked up a guitar case, and carried it over to the bed, opening it up to showcase the beautiful guitar. Just like his old one, but with the beautiful little hand-painted forest on it.

"Theo uh, also got me this after everything that happened... pretty cool, right? He painted it by hand himself."

txlos txlos

A L I C E
STATUS
Mood ~ Bored once again
Interacting with ~ Jace-No one
Mentions ~

Alice nodded, her smile fading a little when he struggled to talk about the cabin. But then, the smile dissolved into a small frown when a girl and a boy walked through the door and into the room, staring at Jace. Alice was invisible. Like always. It happened every time, with the exception of Nikita. Every time Alice tried talking with someone, another person walked in. But Alice didn't care this time. Jace seemed to care a lot about this new girl, so she stepped aside and let Jace embrace the girl. She smiled, and walked silently out of the room, heading for a hallway leading away from the happy couple.

She didn't exactly know where she was going. But the hallway led her to a new room. And that new room looked like...a kitchen? Well, this was a very nice kitchen. Her smile returned, and she headed for the refrigerator. Opening the door, a blast of freezing air hit her face. Well, now she wasn't getting any warmer. Hmm, what to eat, what to eat. Alice looked at everything, but nothing looked appetizing except an apple. Well, better than nothing. She grabbed the red fruit and tossed it into the air, suddenly catching it when it was only 2 inches off the ground. She chuckled and headed over to a stool. Alice sat down and took a bite of the apple. Sour. Alice rolled her eyes. Just like her morning. But she had to finish it.

Nova

As if it wasn't enough that she had left without giving Jace much explanation, to learn that Jace's mother had come back to completely disregarded Jace while Nova was away hit the brunette like a million bricks. Jace had needed someone then, needed someone who understood or at least knew some semblance of what happened, and where had she been? Sitting on her ass in Seattle, playing an old guitar, trying to think about how she was going to explain herself when she was finally allowed home. Learning this though, it all seemed so selfish of her. She should've never left, should've said 'fuck it' and stayed back, slept in her car and kept her blonde boy safe. Of course, the logical side of her knew that that wasn't practical, but god, the thought of her blonde beanie boy being in that situation with no one to sob into, no one to fall asleep next to... that just hurt.

She watched, slightly numbed, as Jace pulled on his new beanie and pulled out a new guitar, her eyes sliding from one action to the next, still stuck on that fact that Jace's mother had returned, and how poorly she treated her son. Jace was one of the purest souls she had ever met, he didn't deserve such cruelty. None the less, she plastered a small smile on her face and looked down at the guitar, scanning the artwork done atop it's glossy finish.

"Theo a friend?" Nova quipped as she plopped down onto the bed, looking up at the yellow beanie that she knew so well, but now held the slighest bit of stiffness towards. Trying her best to separate the color that she loved on her boy and the meaning behind the beanie, she patted the bed next to her for him to sit. Nova wasn't ignorant to Jace's feelings towards social interaction, so she was happy to hear about a new friend of the boy's. "Is he new? I don't think I remember meeting a Theo before I left."

Winona Winona

Caleb
HardHideousAdder-small.gif

Okay, so... she was extremely serious about her video games. He didn't say much as he blew up on him about it. Caleb didn't really see the appeal in video games, he never really, well, played really. Weird right? He was more interested in reading than buying a console. Wasn't really a point to it at least, he guesses anyway. however, if this girl could take it this seriously. Maybe something about it was kind of interesting.

He eyed her hand for a second, she obviously didn't want to help him. But at least she was trying, and that was... friendly enough? He took her hand and lifted himself from the ground with her help. Looking towards her confused at her sudden words until she continued introducing herself. Ava, huh. Would've pegged her for something less... hm... 'Ava' sounded too innocent for her. But he wasn't going to make a comment about it. Realizing they were still holding hands, he quickly released hers. "Ava... Huh? Oh." Caleb glanced down at himself, as if he'd check for any injuries.

He shrugged, rolling his shoulders. "I'm okay. You probably took the brunt of it though. Sorry." He wasn't even sure why he was apologizing, she was the one who seemed too busy playing with a game to even look up from it. He dared to meet eyes with the fiery redhead, and it took him a few long seconds in silence before he realized he didn't tell her his own name. "I'm Caleb." He managed a smile towards her. Nothing wrong with being friendly if she was done arguing.

"So... you with family here? Or..." There couldn't be that many people that decided to take up the cheerleader on her offer, right?

Winona Winona

Raven
tumblr_ppjto1h6F51tz73b6o6_400.gif

Raven grinned at his words. Almost positive that he was kidding, but damn. She couldn't help if she brushed her leg against his, making herself completely aware of their distance. She flinched slightly, dropping her hand from Mason's collar when Carter had brought them out of their little... conversation. Turning her head towards the driver's seat she opened her mouth to reply, before she could she saw something from the corner of her eye, and it wasn't something. It was someone. Her breath caught in her throat to see Mason's face extremely close to her own. Her lips parted as she completely forgot what her words were going to be towards Carter.

When she decides to stop teasing? Huh. That'll be a first. But she'd be lying if his own offer wasn't incredibly tempting. But this was just harmless flirting. None of this really meant anything by it. Yet, she found herself speechless to his whispering, and her lips that were previously parted quickly shut when he brought up the second part of this sentence. Did he mean that he deserved her? She wasn't sure, but one thing she was incredibly sure about was the heat in this car. He brushed a stray hair from her face and Raven met her eyes with his own as if she was challenging him to do more.

Then it was all over a little too soon. He leaned back in his seat and Raven regained her composure, and returned to herself. "I doubt there'd be much talking Rivera." Her eyes trailed over him slowly. She wasn't exactly cool with the small backseat her and Mason were in, so she hopped over and made her way into the front seat with Carter, her eyebrows furrowed with confusion and small concern for the look on the girl's face. Huh. Raven decided to say nothing on the matter until they arrived at the lodge.

Believe it or not, that confrontation stayed with Raven for a little longer than usual. She had her fair share of flirting sessions with many people. But Mason seemed... serious and that confused her majorly. Desperate to rid herself of those thoughts especially when she has a certain hockey player back home to focus on, she gladly took a shot from Carter with a small nod. And eyed her curiously, wondering why she seemed... different in the car.

"To fun, skiing, and... close quarters." She said with a raise of her brow, not directed towards a certain Rivera at all. Raven was perfectly fine with keeping her distance from him for the time being. She drank the shot with no hesitation.

Winona Winona Dazzle Dazzle

Maisie
tumblr_inline_ojotjeYg7A1ravrtw_1280.gif

This conversation was dragging on way too long. Maisie hated hearing about stupid Belle. Who, again. Probably wasn't stupid in the first place. Her eyes snapped to Drake's when he brought up kissing. "You want... our advice?" She looked towards Aaron bewildered. It wasn't like she didn't think Aaron had his fair share of kisses. It's just... Maisie never had a boyfriend, or a girlfriend, or... well, anyone special to begin with. But that didn't mean she never had her first kiss.

Ew. The thought of it made her cringe. It wasn't even a boy she actually liked too. It was her stupid foster brother, luckily, she didn't stay there long enough for another to happen. So, naturally, Maisie didn't consider it as her first real kiss. Because is it really a kiss when you feel nothing? Exactly. It isn't. Her hand reached towards her cat earrings and played with them as she thought about it.

She really didn't want to tell him how he should kiss Belle, or like, how to ask permission to kiss her? She wasn't even sure what the conversation was about anymore. But the more it continued, the more that stupid aching feeling worsened. She kept her gaze on Drake for a few more seconds until Maisie looked away from the two and towards the window, settling for her old ways instead of continuing to speak at all.

She drowned out the rest of the conversation between Raven and Mason, and worse, Drake and Aaron. Putting earphones on and setting it to the highest volume. Music helped everything, definitely. Maisie loved music. Except these dumb 'love' songs. Why did she have those on her playlist? Stupid. A little longer and they finally made it to their destination and Maisie practically couldn't stay still Stretching as she stepped out of the car. She couldn't help but notice Carter That was her name right?

Getting alcohol from the trunk of the car, and it reminded her of that night her and Drake talked about how candy was better. She grabbed a cup from where Carter was, and poured herself a shot and downed it, before refilling it again and downing another. It didn't taste as good as candy... but surely it'll make this dumb feeling fade right? "Hi. I'm Maisie. Thanks." She smiled towards Carter, Mason, and Raven. And made her way away from the trio, totally disinterested in them, and rather, her actual friends at the moment.

Dazzle Dazzle Winona Winona mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Jace
Up and Down SMILE.gif

He was silent for a moment, a faint blush coming to his cheeks when Nova asked the impossible. Jace had thought maybe Theo was more than just a friend and yeah, maybe he thought that he was... feeling things for Theo that he had never really felt for anyone before, at least not any girl. And yeah, Jace had had his fair share of crushes... okay, so two. One crush on a girl that shattered his little heart, and then a crush on the girl sitting on his bed, but it was hard to ignore how different it felt with Theo compared to Nova. Being with Nova felt comfortable and warm, but being with Theo felt electric and made his heart race.

"Umm... y-yeah, Theo, ah... he was Ash's friend..." he mumbled, and finally came over to sit on the bed beside Nova but this time, while he spoke about Theo, he sat rigidly and didn't make any move to embrace her. Jace laced his fingers together, looking down at the beautiful guitar while he spoke. "He uh, he was on a family vacation thing and came back around the musical. A-Anyway, we got... really close." His thoughts flashed back to Thanksgiving, and how that hug had felt. Even now, thinking about it, Jace's heart raced and he felt at a loss as he tried to clear his throat and his thoughts of what he'd felt back then.

Jace had Nova back, and that was all he'd ever wanted, right? To have his lovely, perfect girlfriend beside him? His thoughts then went to what Grace had said to him over Twitter, and to everything that had happened with Theo, and Jace couldn't keep this from Nova, even if he was sure it was nothing! It would be wrong, wouldn't it? He was torn, but Nova above all was still his best friend, his single confidant. He trusted Nova above everyone else, and god he didn't want to hurt her, but he didn't know what he thought.

"Well... I think he's a friend..." Jace mumbled, biting his lip for a moment. He'd never actually spoken aloud about this, and he had to keep his gaze transfixed on the ground in front of him. Looking Nova in the eye while he admitted any of this would leave him absolutely broken. Hell, even saying these things would leave him absolutely broken. "You were... gone and I... I don't know... I talked with Grace because I... fuck." Jace never cussed, but he had to blink back frustrated tears. "I thought maybe I was gay, I guess. Because... I dunno, I started like... hanging out with him and he's really cool and so friendly and kinda attractive and I don't know, like..." he couldn't be gay, though, right? Jace bit his tongue, eyebrows furrowing together as he tried to piece together his feelings.

"I'm... confused. I love you, Nova, but..." he hesitated once more, not sure what to say. "But... I've never felt the way I do about Theo before. I just... don't know, and I don't... didn't... I don't..." Jace groaned in frustration, and reached up, pulling the yellow beanie down over his eyes. "I don't want you hearing about this from someone else or feel like I'm leading you on because I don't know how I feel anymore, Nova." He said, his hands hanging onto the beanie like he was hanging on for dear life.

txlos txlos Mentions: Maree Maree

Users who are viewing this thread

Back