• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Grace
tumblr_inline_pkalb4yR7s1t9ndkh_1280.gif

Grace smiled over at Sawyer. "Wow, you're right. It's so weird." She teased. She didn't think she was always right, but if Sawyer thought so, who was she to disagree? Her smile faded when she mentioned Natalie. She hadn't saw her around either, come to think of it. When was the last time Natalie was ever bothering the two? At twins' birthday? Right. That one night kind of nagged at Grace, Sawyer and her seemed to be in a rather... close situation that her girlfriend dodged questions about, when she asked. But she was sure it was nothing.

Her expression changed into concern when Sawyer had said she was worried. Why would she be worried? It quickly melted into shock and instinctively released Sawyer's hand from her own. Grace stared at her for a little longer without saying anything, maybe to see if she wanted to elaborate. "Sorry, what?" Natalie was pregnant? When did this happen? How? Okay, she's not that gay. Of course she knows how. "She's pregnant?!" Maybe it probably wasn't Sawyer's place to tell Grace.

But, well, they were obviously an exception for the other. "Uh. I'm sure she's fine..." She tried to reassure Sawyer while she was still trying to take most of it in. Natalie. Out of all people was pregnant? It wasn't like Grace didn't think she'd make a good mother! She just... probably wouldn't make a good mother. But then again, you never know really. Why was she thought-rambling to herself? "Why didn't you tell me?"

KingofAesir KingofAesir

Raven
tumblr_ppjto1h6F51tz73b6o6_400.gif

Raven's past month was... hm. It wasn't as eventful yet it was for the brunette. Things with Alaska had been... okay. Thanksgiving wasn't the greatest thing ever, Raven might've said... some rather upsetting things to her mother. What? She was being total bitch to her own daughter. Look. Doesn't matter who it is, she'll stick up for who she cares about. Everyone else can take a long walk off a short pier.

Nancy hadn't moved yet, and when she brought up the dumb ski trip she... actually was interested in going on. She strongly encouraged her to go, and... maybe Raven was okay with a break from WestBrook. It was a bit difficult to budge considering her grandmother hasn't been well, but with a little reassurance and a few tweets back and forth. Raven had been successfully convinced. Let's hope she wouldn't regret it.

Catching a ride with Mason and Carter was... well, it wasn't that bad. However, she'd deemed herself and the rest of the younger kids as the band of misfits. What could go wrong? Grinning when Carter had pulled up, and moved to sit with her in the passenger seat. She opened her mouth to make a flirty remark, but before she could Drake had shoved her to the side and Raven scoffed in disbelief. "Mmhm. My pleasure." Sending a glare Mason's way and settling in the backseat along with him.

"Yeah, yeah." Her glare softened and the corners of her lips tilted into a grin. "Oh? What do you wanna bet hmm?" She teased. "Lemme guess. If I lose you get another 'stage' kiss Rivera?" Raven leaned in, and considering they were in already close quarters, this was impossibly close. She glanced at his lips and raised a five dollar bill in between them both. And raised her eyebrows teasingly. "Five bucks she kicks him out after next song." The brunette turned serious with her bet and settled back down. Watching the show unfold.

Winona Winona

Last edited:
Sawyer
Sawyer had completely forgotten that she'd neglected to mention her brief encounter with Natalie to Grace. She'd been so concerned with making sure she didn't mess up her relationship that she'd just outright lied to Grace. Or maybe not technically lied...stretched the truth. Oh what is she kidding she lied. God and she'd been so mad about Grace lying to her. Sawyer had turned into a proper hypocrite. At this point the cat was out of the bag though, obviously, so there was no point in dwelling on her mistakes now. Grace didn't seem mad at this particular moment but she wouldn't be surprised if she was in a second.

"Shit." Sawyer mumbled under her breath as Grace made her surprise at the information relevant. She ended it with a reassurance that she was sure Natalie was okay. Sawyer kind of frowned at her now empty hand, wishing she could just keep her mouth shut. Or maybe wishing she could've just told Grace what actually happened that night at the twins party. It was like she wanted to completely avoid telling Grace about any of her problems which probably wasn't very good for a relationship. That was going to have to stop right here and right now. Sawyer needed to stop closing the bad feelings away from her girlfriend.

"I'm sorry." She sighed and reached over to scratch her arm idly, "I don't know why I didn't tell you, I guess...I guess I just didn't want to worry you with Natalie or something." Her hands adjusted nervously on the steering wheel, "The night at the twins' party, when you saw me with her, that's what she was telling me about. She wanted me to help her somehow, I don't know." Sawyer remembered the look of complete fear on Natalie's face like it was yesterday. That girl needed some kind of help and that was obvious, but Sawyer wasn't the person to be giving it to her. She never had been. Natalie had problems that Sawyer couldn't do anything about, she needed a psychiatrist or something. Maybe an institutionalization. No. That was kind of far. She probably wasn't literally insane....probably.

"I should've just told you. It was stupid." And it was. Now she just had to hope that Grace wouldn't be mad at her for lying about Natalie of all things. Her stomach was flipping over itself in nervousness as she awaited Grace's response.

Soap Soap

Juliette
tumblr_npnjztMyP41qhg6ebo2_250.gif

Juliette's month wasn't that bad! Okay, she's lying. It was pretty good. She's been hanging with Ava, even at a few times at her house. It was really nice to see her family again, might be a little cheesy. But maybe Jules took them as family sometimes too. But irrelevant. It was time for the ski trip. Ugh. It took tons of begging for Juliette to even allow Belle in her car. A soft spot for a stupid jock who'd was... sweet to her numerous times, maybe she felt like this was her paying him back or something.

Besides. Who really cared about all of that? Bryan had showed up a week beforehand and apologized. He'd said he had some family problems, and she genuinely felt bad for her boyfriend. Flowers and the whole thing. It was incredibly sweet, and of course he made it up to her in... plenty of other ways. Done, and done. Her relationship was going amazingly, she was going on a ski trip with her friends plus Belle, which was a downside, but whatever.

JJ tried her best to focus on the road but caught Belle and Zach holding hands and rolled her eyes with a disgusted face. What the hell was so great about this chick? She dances slutty once and suddenly everyone wants her? Please. She's here for a month and everyone's practically drooling. Whatever her plan was, Juliette was not gonna let her complete it. There's only room for one main girl in this town and let's just say Ash didn't have it. JJ was certainly not going to let a deformed chucky doll take her spot.

As long as Belle stood in her lane JJ wouldn't bother. Speaking of which she should probably get back into her own, driving wise she means. Taking note of Belle's face as she did, god. If little miss perfect was suddenly going to get carsick? Juliette was already set on leaving her on the side of the road. What?

Glancing up at the two at Ava's question, she too was curious if poor Zach was seduced by slutty barbie. Thank the heavens he wasn't. She butted in their conversation and raised an eyebrow at Zach. "Mmhm. Don't let anyone snatch you up just yet. Never know what might happen."

Dazzle Dazzle Maree Maree Winona Winona
Maisie
tumblr_inline_ojotjeYg7A1ravrtw_1280.gif

Maisie wasn't sure why she was even going on this ski trip. What was the whole point of it? She didn't have many friends, and even if Drake seemed totally okay with them at the moment. That doesn't mean she was! She was still incredibly upset about that night, but Lewis had said maybe it was a good idea to have fun with other kids her age instead of... well, staying home.

Not that she actually considered it was home or anything. Surprisingly, Thanksgiving was... probably the only actual one she ever had. Lewis's 'family' came over, and shockingly, it wasn't blood related. They were like his co-workers, and friends, and they were all... really nice. Saying that Maisie enjoyed Thanksgiving would be a total understatement.

It wasn't ideal to get a ride with Drake and his people, but they all seemed nice enough. So why not? She sat beside Aaron and making a face as she watched Mason and Raven flirt with the other, she turned to Aaron and made a gagging gesture. And shifted uncomfortably in the car while she watched Drake have the time of his life in the front seat. She felt like if she ever tried to actually talk to him about everything he'd just brush her off with. 'Everything's fine.' So, Maisie didn't want to talk to him about all of that just yet. "So, sorry we haven't talked much. I've been more... uh... distant or whatever."

It wasn't like her and Aaron were close in anyway, but she would've hoped that she considered them friends in the smallest amount. And of course she didn't hate Aaron, Maisie's just been keeping to herself these past few weeks, there really wasn't anyone she wanted to talk to. Keeping her distance seemed like a safer option. Well, until now. Thanks Lewis. "But I'm glad I get to suffer through these two with you." Maisie offered Aaron a rather bright smile.

Winona Winona mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties Dazzle Dazzle
Grace

Grace wasn't mad. Really! She wasn't lying this time. She was just... confused on why Sawyer didn't tell her, even if it sounded like she knew for a while. That bothered her more than anything. Why did she feel the need to hide it from her? Okay, no, not the point. She told her now and that's all that matters. Grace sighed and shook her head. "It's fine." She bit her lip thinking it through a little more. "Don't worry about it." She gave her the smallest of smiles before turning the radio back on, and she settled in her seat as they drove farther away from the disaster they called home.

The next hour or two, Grace didn't really say anything to Sawyer, she was too busy trying to figure out how she never noticed that Natalie was pregnant. Like, how could she miss that? It only then occurred to her that Sawyer probably still felt bad about the whole thing and Grace felt guilty she didn't reassure her. She really wasn't mad. It was a stupid thing to keep from her in the first place, but that didn't mean she was going to be upset about it. "I'm sorry, I'm not mad at you. It's okay, I'm just thinking." She reached over and squeezed her hand and offered a genuine smile this time.

They pulled up to the cabin not too long after. She'd be lying if she didn't feel bad for Natalie, did she even have the baby's father with her? What about her parents? Where were they? No, nope. If that whole thing online taught her anything, it's better off to not get involved in anyone else's business beside her own. Especially since she wasn't even close with Natalie.

"Let's just enjoy this, forget about all the drama and stuff. I'm sure she's fine! She's probably here somewhere, maybe, like. Everyone is. Why would a baby stop her?" Maybe Grace's reassurance was terrible. But she was trying.

KingofAesir KingofAesir

Last edited:
Ava
Saying You're Gross.gif

It was decided. Ava didn't like his "Belle" girl, or whatever you wanted to call her. She had so many different nicknames that it was starting to get ridiculous. For Ava, she preferred to just call her Plastic Redhead Cheerleader. Belle was like a carbon copy of all the other stupid cheerleaders -- no offense to JJ, but it was true. Pretty, confident, rich, and making waves on Twitter within days. Seriously. The only thing that set her aside was being a redhead, but Ava swore that hair color was more fake than her nose job.

She glared at Zach for his stupid comment. "Why would I ever care if you were single?" Ava asked, rolling her eyes at the very statement, and turning her game away from Zach so he couldn't see. Although well, it kind of seemed like that's what she cared about. Her eyes might as well have kept rolling as Belle started talking, and Ava turned back around to look back at her game... right as she slid into 2nd. Damn it. "I'm playing stupid MarioKart." She grumbled.

"Polar opposites, hmm?" Ava echoed and sat up in her seat as she looked back at Belle, pretending to be very intrigued in what she was saying. "Is it because you're into drug addict fixer uppers and Zach here is into any girl that will so much as take off her pants?" She asked with a fake smile before turning back around once more to start up another game. "Yeah. I can totally see you two being polar opposites. Sexy dancing virgin and dumb fuck boy jock. Very true." Okay, maybe she was being too rough.

Ava glanced towards JJ for a moment at her comment, before looking back at her game. "You make it sound like you know someone interested in Zach. Which obviously is just crazy." She said with a very unfeminine snort of laughter, shaking her head at the very idea of anyone being into Zach. Sure, he was decent to other people, not actually as stupid as he seemed, very fit and not hard on the eyes, but-- .... wait, that's what people looked for in a guy, wasn't it?

She overheard Belle mentioning playing games, and all Ava could really do was roll her eyes. "How original. She even pretends to play games." Ava grumbled to herself and JJ. "I bet all she's got is something stupid, like Cooking Mama or Overcooked." She laughed at her own joke, however stupid and pitiful of a joke it was.

Dazzle Dazzle Maree Maree Soap Soap

Sawyer
Sawyer was more than convinced that Grace was most definitely mad at her when the next few hours of the car ride were spent in relative silence. The music was beginning to grate on her nerves and she found herself desperately wanting to turn it off. Her focus on the road was waning in and out as Green Day pulsed through her head. There was entirely too much Green Day on this stupid playlist. Sawyer fingers curled tightly around the steering wheel as she continued driving. She spared small glances at Grace, who seemed busy in her head so Sawyer didn't bother to try and spark up a conversation. She wished suddenly that Natalie didn't exist so she didn't have this problem right now. It was probably easier to wish that she just hadn't brought Natalie up in the first place but Sawyer was always one for dramatics. Could anyone really expect anything less?

It was almost an hour later when Grace finally broke the endless barrage of excessive Green Day and other random songs by speaking up. Sawyer took the opportunity to shut the damn radio off finally and listen to Grace. The other girl was simply assuring Sawyer that she wasn't mad and the tension that had building up in her shoulders over the last two hours fell. The whole silence thing had been bothering her more than she cared to admit. Silence meant she could think and her thoughts were never really that pleasant in silence, especially not when music was getting on her nerves. But, Sawyer was glad that Grace wasn't mad, she chose to believe Grace's words for it anyway. Sawyer didn't think she could deal with a whole trip of Grace being mad at her. Grateful to have Grace's hand back in hers, Sawyer just nodded and smiled at Grace before turning her attention back to the road.

By the time they finally got to the cabin, Sawyer's back was killing her. She hated driving long distances, always had, and it didn't help that her car seat wasn't terribly comfortable in the first place. All she wanted to do was get the fuck out of the thing before she couldn't walk anymore. Grace was quick to tell her that they should just enjoy their trip and Sawyer put her escape from the car on hold momentarily while she responded.

"If a baby would stop anyone it would not be Natalie Porter, I can tell you that." She groaned but a smile crept up on the edges of her mouth, "Yeah, I'm planning on enjoying this to it's fullest extent. As soon as I get out of this fucking car." Almost a split second after her words, Sawyer was practically kicking the door open and jumping out into the cold air. She sucked in a long breath and bent backwards until her back made a satisfying pop noise and the pain dissipated. With a content sigh she turned her eyes to the cabin itself which definitely was a sight to behold. It was a pretty place, not that she expected any thing less out of something that belonged to the West's, but still.

"Well, damn." Sawyer let out a low whistle, "Babe, this is about to be so fucking fun." She tilted her head up and squinted up at the sky with a grin, "Let's fucking party!" Sawyer's entirely too loud voice echoed out over the snow, probably alerting every living being within a quarter mile of their presence while she was at it.

Soap Soap @AnyoneelsewithintherangeofSawyeryellingveryloud

Tristan Reneaux

Mood: Content| Interacting with: Jae
Mentions: Kipsy Kipsy

A week in the mountains with a bunch of teenagers and no adults. What could go wrong? The number of drunk skiing accidents there were going to be would be hilarious. Personally, Tristan was looking forward to the many drunk games there were bound to be. A few rounds of spin the bottle, a game or two of truth or dare. This was going to be a disaster of a week. In a good way of course.

He tapped his fingers on the steering wheel. Occasionally glancing over at the boy beside him. He had offered to drive Jae up to the mountains. All the Westbrook kids were going and he would be dammed if his friend missed out. "Come on. It'll be fun no need to be so nervous" he teased. They had spent a bit of time together since running into each other at Thanksgiving. For some weird reason, he treated Jae differently to how he usually treated people he was interested in. He had not tried to initiate anything too sexual out of not wanting to make him uncomfortable. It was strange. He had made it clear that he wasn't really looking for a relationship.

"Up in a secluded cabin. It's pretty big so I'm sure we could steal some moments alone" Tristian smirked. He took one of his hands off the steering wheel and put it on top of his hand. Was it a great idea to drive one handed on snowy roads? Probably not. He gave his hand a squeeze before returning it to the wheel. The last thing he wanted was to get in an accident and miss the party. The drive so far hadn't been that bad. They had mainly sat in comfortable silence or listened to music. There had been a few instances of them chatting. But for the most part, they just enjoyed each others company and admired the scenery.

It wasn't long until they had arrived up at the cabin. It was flashy but that wasn't surprising. It belonged to the Wests after all. Everything they owned was lavish and fancy. He walked around to Jae's side and opened the door for him. There were a few other people around, chattering. Mostly all of them he recognised from school besides a few. "Now I forbid you from sitting in the corner and writing. Okay? Now go have fun and interact with others. I'll chuck our stuff in a room" he said. The trunk clicked open exposing their bags which he pulled out with little effort.
code by Ri.a

Theodore Presley

Mood: Happy| Interacting with: Grace, Sawyer
Mentions: Winona Winona mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties Dede Dede Soap Soap KingofAesir KingofAesir

Theo breathed a sigh of relief as the finally pulled up to the cabin. He couldn't take much more of the brat wasting his oxygen. "Okay everybody out" he called after parking his car. The cabin looked as good as ever. Did they have people that came by and took care of it? He wouldn't be surprised. god, that would make one hell of a job. He would have to keep that in mind. Housesitting for rich peoples holiday homes. Oooo even better just house sitting for rich people. Oh, the lavish mansions he would have all to himself. Oooo he could even throw some fancy parties. Well, as long as he kept everything clean afterwards. THERE WOULD BE NO EVIDENCE.

He came back to reality at the sound of everyone climbing out of the car and shutting the doors. Right, he was meant to be doing things. He climbed out of the car and carried his bag up to the front porch. Seeing Ash distracted taking selfies, as usual, he pinched the keys from her, after photobombing. He accidentally hit Stu with his bag as he walked past him and unlocked the door. "Better go get dibs on the top bunk," he said to Casper, holding the door open and smiling kindly. Was he interacting with the boy to piss Stu off? definitely. The Homophobic prick deserved it.

Theo inhaled that lovely log cabin scent as he walked in. He separated from the group finding a room with two twin beds and throwing his bag on one of them. He would probably share a room with Zach. He was his favourite to share with because he spent most nights in another girls room. The ski trip was just what he needed to figure things out. Maybe take a page from Zach's book and hook up with some people. That would make things clearer, right?

He headed back outside just in time to see Grace and Sawyer show up. He snuck up behind the two girls and dropped two handfuls of snow on each of their heads. "I think your shouting triggered an avalanche," he said innocently. Holding his hands behind his back so that they couldn't see the snow on his gloves. Even though it was very obvious that he had been the one to snow them. "How was the trip up?' he asked, continuing his innocent act.
code by Ri.a

Last edited:
Casper

Casper kind of focused on something other than the conversation, back to looking out the window, now chewing on his fingers heavily. His eyes darted to Ash when she said his name, and his eyes widened. She said they could be friends!

He looked away again, grinning now as he chewed on his fingers. He went back to not paying attention, answering Stu’s question on autopilot. “Once or twice…”

And then they were there. Casper jumped out of the car, still chewing on his fingers as he shivered. Even with his jacket, he still felt cold. A snowball hit the back of his head, and he let out an ‘oof’, turning to look at Stu with hurt eyes as he rubbed the back of his head.

But then Stu carried Casper’s luggage to the door, which was really nice, so he decided to forgive him. He wanted to give him a hug or… something- he wasn’t quite sure what- but he refrained, instead nodding in agreement with what Stu had said.

Theo opened the door, and Casper gasped as he suggested Casper getting the top bunk, eyes lighting up… but then he looked at Stu and his smile died. He shrugged noncommittally, looking back to Theo.

“Stu gets first pick, though.” He gave a small smile, trying to be nice, and feeling he was failing, and dropped his gaze. “Thank you…” He entered the room.

Casper wandered around, trying to find a room with bunk beds, not wanting to feel useless. Eventually, he found one that he thought looked pretty cool and gasped, going to find Stu.

When he did, however, he paused, suddenly unsure of what he wanted to say. Instead, he just waited for Stu to acknowledge him. Maybe he could go off of what Stu said...

Aaron

Aaron had only agreed to go on this trip for Casper, and when he had found out just how many people he’d be riding up with, he’d almost backed out right then and there. But no, Casper wanted this, so Aaron was here, in multiple jackets, waiting with everyone else to be picked up.

He was only passingly familiar with half of these people, knowing Maisie, that Mason was Drake’s brother, and… well, that was it, wasn’t it? He didn’t even know the driver, though he hadn’t told his parents that.

He did’t like it, but hell if he’d let that show. So, instead of complaining, he waited, nodding along to whatever the fuck Drake was babbling on about- snow people? Weren’t those just snowmen?- and trying to look like he at least cared a bit.

A car pulled up, and everyone was told to get in, so he threw his luggage in the back. And then, in some form of sick betrayal, Drake climbed into the front seat. Aaron’s eyes narrowed. What. The fuck. He didn’t deserve this.

Mason gestured for him to get in the back- the very back- so he did. At least he was sitting next to Maisie. They hadn’t talked much… well, at all… since the incident, but she was nice enough, and he’d never really been that angry at her.

Well, he thought everything would be fine. And then Mason and that girl started flirting. He fought the urge to frown, watching judgingly.

Thankfully, Maisie spoke up, and he turned to look at her as she… apologized. For not talking to him. His immediate response was to snap at her, but through some miracle, he managed to keep it to, “It’s fine. And… I suppose suffering flirting with someone else is better.”

He wanted to look out the window and ignore everyone, but he got the feeling that would be rude, and that this conversation wasn’t done. Fuck it, he’d already been nicer than he had to. He turned away from Maisie, looking out the window.

Jace
Lip Thing.gif

He didn't care what his little sister had to say -- Jace would get his room. It was in the farthest corner of the house, and typically was kind of quiet. Plus it had its own bathroom, which meant that he could easily spend the entire week without once leaving the room. Absolutely perfect. What could be better than spending a lovely vacation locked away all by himself in the corner of the huge house? After all, his mother had just said he had to go, not that he had to socialize.

And knowing Ash and the other stupid popular kids who would be coming, it would be a nonstop drunken party fest all week long. Jace didn't want to participate in any of that, and the farther he was from everyone, the easier time he would have not being... say... pissed by a stupid British freshman. Not that he was still mad about that or anything.

Jace let out a breath of relief as the car came to a stop, and he was one of the first out. He hesitated, watching as Stu started grabbing bags. He waited until the freshman had started towards the house to grab his own things: a single backpack, and the guitar case with the lovely guitar that Theo had painted for him. He would be damned if he was parted from his muci.

He ducked past the flying snowballs and was heading up the steps to the front door after Theo and Casper, and followed right after them into the house. When Jace was little, he remembered stepping through the front doors and feeling like he was in some magical world. Him and Ash would spend hours playing hide and seek in this grand old house but now... well, it had been years since their family had come up here. Now the old memories of warm Christmas Eves gathered around drinking hot chocolate with his mom, dad, and all of their other family were replaced by trying to stay awake while he held some random chick's hair back while she puked because all of her other friends were too busy partying to take any mind to their sick so-called friend.

Jace wasted no time heading towards the far room, stepping in and pulling the door closed after him before he dropped his luggage to the ground, and then collapsed face down on the bed.

-------------------------------------------------

Ash
OOoh La la.gif

As much as she enjoyed the lovely three hour car ride up to the cabin in a car full of boys, Ash was more than glad as the cabin came into view. She slid her sunglasses on and then climbed out, holding her phone out to take a few more selfies. What? The lighting was perfect, and who knew how many chances she would have over the next week to update her followers?

Of course, the boys continued to be a nuisance with her picture taking. First Theo photo bombed, which caused her to glare at him as she dangled the keys in front of him. At least he left, and then she went back to her selfie taking... only for her next one to be of a snowball slamming into her shoulder and getting snow all over in her hair from the impact. Surprised, Ash finally looked away from her phone screen to glare at Stu. "Oh it is on." She grumbled.

Ash slipped her phone into her pocket and scooped up a snowball, forming it in her hands before she threw it back at Stu, giggling and feeling like a little kid again. Before all the stupid drama happened and you know... becoming a teenager and stuff. She sighed, heading back over to the trunk to see that someone had already unloaded her stuff, and winced when she realized she had no idea who. Woops. Well, this was what one got for spending their time taking selfies.

She closed the trunk, right as another car pulled up. Ash's smile faded a bit when she Sawyer and Grace getting out, and Ash figured that right now was as good a time as any to try and repair things with her best friend. Er... ex-best friend? Ash had no idea where she stood anymore, and she remembered that painful Twitter argument. Oh god. Her eyes then fell on Theo as he walked up, dropping snow on the couple's heads. Well, it was as good a way as any to make an entrance.

Ash scooped up another snowball, throwing it at Theo as she started walking over. "Hey! No one throws snow on my best friend's head!" She yelled, putting a fake pout on her face as she did, before she looked at Grace, and paused for a moment. "Hey uh... can we talk, later maybe? I just want to apologize for everything that happened and like... I don't expect you to forgive me, but I love you and I don't want to spend this whole week being in an argument with you."

Soap Soap KingofAesir KingofAesir Maree Maree Dede Dede mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

In the month since Thanksgiving, Kanen had sort of isolated himself. He’d moved out of Mason’s house, getting his own place in some apartment complex on the outskirts of town. He rarely left his house, staying cooped up inside doing god knows what. Kanen did however get frequent visitors. Men carrying packages and bags wrapped up and hidden from sight. They’d enter his apartment carrying these items and leave empty handed, or sometimes with a large manila envelope.

Truth be told, Kanen had sunk back into his work. At first had tried to be uninvolved with things, hoping to disconnect himself from the whole situation. But that would never work. He got frequent calls from Boston, demanding progress and profits. Kanen eventually had to step up and take control things, orchestrating the logistics of the product and money that was now flowing through Westbrook.

Aside from ‘business associates’, Daniel had been the only one coming to his apartment. Having been apart so long, it was kind of surprising how quickly they bonded again. It was almost like Daniel had never left. Kanen teases him like every big brother does, and in return, Daniel was like a stereotypical little brother who never shut up.

Daniel was the only reason Kanen was even coming to this stupid little Ski Trip. Kanen didn’t want to miss anything happening in Westbrook, but Daniel had spent practically the whole month begging Kanen to come. Finally he folded. But there wasn’t a chance in hell he was going to spend the three-hour drive cooped up in a car with his brother.

And that’s how he found himself driving his car up into the mountains. The ride was peaceful, winding his way up out of the city, listening to quiet music. The back seat was folded down to fit his snowboard, along with the rest of his snow gear and a clothes for the time he’d be up here. Of course, hidden deep in his suitcase Kanen had his only little stash of snacks. And no, he would not be sharing.

When the cabin came into view, Kanen wasn’t sure if he was relieved or disappointed. His body ached, begging to get out and stretch, but Kanen didn’t Daniel anywhere yet. He didn’t really feel like socializing with everyone that had already arrived. Jesus Christ, he should’ve just brought a damn tent. Being stuck up here for however long was going to drive him nuts. He couldn’t stand half the people here.

Kanen parked his car well away from everyone else. The last thing he needed was some idiot to slip on the ice and scratch it up or something. Plus, he was kinda hoping he could just chill out until Daniel arrived. Danny was the social butterfly, not him. Daniel wanted to be here. Not him.

The air outside was crisp and cold, biting at his nose as Kanen got out his car. “Fuckin’ hell.” Kanen muttered to himself as he walked around to the trunk. He was hungry, and damn it Cheetos sounded good. Pressing the button on his key-pad, the trunk of his car popped open. Kanen was quick to start digging through his suitcase. He knew exactly where his Cheetos were, but he was hoping to look busy and avoid the awkward small talk with everyone.​

Daniel
Daniel was absolutely ecstatic for the ski trip. Cute girls, lots of snowboarding, and no parents. It was destined to be a trip he’d remember for the rest of his life. All he’d have to do was make sure his idiot brother stayed sober and out of trouble, and things should go quite smoothly. How hard could it possibly be? Chances are Kanen was just going to try and sneak off by himself most the time anyways. He was always dipping away to take phone calls or something. No doubt, he’d do the same on this little trip.

He stood, looking at the back of his step-dad’s Range Rover. He had packed away all of his stuff neatly, being sure to leave room for Ian’s luggage too. The backseat was overflowing with snacks and drinks. Items Daniel had taken the liberty of buying, lest they get hungry on the drive up. Daniel had taken just about every precaution in order to make this trip a blast. He’d stolen a bottle or two from his step-dad liquor cabinet, just in case the group wanted to do any real partying at the cabin.

Satisfied with his work, Daniel closed the back hatch and got in the vehicle, quickly driving down to Ian’s place to pick him up and get out on the road. Kanen was driving by himself, which was fine. Ian was good company, a good friend. Daniel had been happy to meet him, even if their friendship had started due to what could’ve been an accident.

“Ian, lets go!” Daniel yelled, practically hanging out the driver side window as he honked on the horn. “If we don’t hurry up there, we’re going to be late and miss out on all the fun!” He urged, impatiently honking the horn more.

PenguinFox PenguinFox

Neck Tie

lQ4bhAC.gif

Neck Tie grunted when Theo deliberately bumped him in the hip with his bag. What. A. Prick. What did he have in that heavy bag anyway? Rocks? Dildos?

No wonder Jace was headed for the farthest room in the house. Out of sight and out of mind. Who knew what funny business the two of them were going to be up to over the next couple of days! One could only imagine.

His hip was still aching from that bump when he lumbered inside with Casper’s luggage. He didn’t like that Theo was making chitchat with Casper or that Casper was talking back, still oblivious to the terrors which Theo had promised.

Casper was seeking a room and Neck Tie followed him to one, which was far removed from Jace’s. It would be a blessing if they could go the next few days without seeing Jace and Theo at all, but rather unlikely considering the humble size of the cabin.

He didn’t know what Casper saw in the room that made him gasp. It was perfectly average. There were two bunk beds, though the one to their right didn’t yet have mattresses. So there was still a possibility that if more people showed up, they would end up with bunkmates. There wasn’t a toilet either, the nearest one being down the corridor. But there was a sink. Neck Tie tested the tap and brown water started sputtering out. The room was stuffy so he opened the window to get some cold, fresh air in.

‘I guess it’s not so bad,’ he said, testing the mattress by sitting and bouncing on it. ‘Do you, um, want the top bunk or the bottom one?’

He did hope that Casper would pick the bottom one or that his friend had some ladder-climbing disability that he didn’t know about. Neck Tie suddenly remembered that his own bag was still sitting on the porch, so he left Casper in the room to make up his mind. Outside a few other cars had already pulled up by the cabin. It was funny how everyone was arriving at the same time, as if this whole thing were somehow scripted.

As Neck Tie was about to pick up his bag, his eyes wandered to a male who was popping the trunk of his car open. The guy had his back slightly turned to him, but Neck Tie recognised him almost immediately, despite all the tattoos on him.

He smiled, and took a couple reluctant steps forward. Kanen hadn’t seen him yet. He stooped down and rolled up a snowball and was about to hurl it at his old friend. But the snowball crumbled into icy dust before it ever left his hand. Dad and Elise had strictly forbidden him from talking to Kanen again, because he was a criminal. Hesitantly the boy turned around and hurried back inside the cabin. Then a few seconds he came spilling out again, because he totally didn't forget to grab his bag!

Winona Winona mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties High5ives High5ives Maree Maree

Nikita Romanov
Nikita went back to leaning his head against the window and waiting until they reached the cabin that they would be staying at. She called for his attention once more but this time he looked at her as he was too lazy turn. She asked him whether he ever skied before or not. He nodded before giving her a proper answer. "Yeah. I've skied before. Back when I lived with my parents, I used to go on ski trips with my dad. He loved doing it and just brought me along. It has been a few years though..." He returned to a more appropriate sitting position before continuing. "It has been a few years since we've spent any family time together though. We all just sorta got busy. But we're better off being productive." He gave a small smile as he ended his answer.

He did not react at all when he saw the Cabin. He just hoped that the trip wouldn't stress him out or be too costly for him. Alice seemed to be a bit more impressed with it. They were the second group to arrive at the cabin, with him now beginning to think of their living arrangements. He would most likely have to sleep with a roommate. Nikita hoped that he got a roommate that was not obnoxious who would just stay out of his way for the trip. Nikita left the parked car and grabbed his luggage out before shutting the trunk and following his traveling companion. The sight of the other people playing in the snow was not a sight he welcomed. Snowball fights were childish, really difficult to clean up after and just irresponsible for how sick it made the people that played it. If one of those snowballs fly towards me somebody is going to lose a hand. That might just be due to his immune system being weak though. He headed for the door after Alice, waiting for her to enter.
Interactions: A Little Cloud A Little Cloud

Over the month since Thanksgiving Ian had tried to integrate himself more. He had made a few friends and met quite a lot of people. His plan of attack for making friends had been to seek out the popular kids, befriend them, and through them meet everyone else. While he has met and befriended some people, habits of laying low are harder to break than one might imagine. It's tough to reach out when you don't really know anyone and put yourself out there.

The first person Ian had befriended was Daniel. Strange to think that almost being run over by someone can sprout friendship but it did. He was a cool guy and they had hung out a couple of times. He knew Daniel had a brother, but hadn't really met him yet. Once Ian had made one friend he grew in confidence enough to start his 'friend plan'. He sought out someone who seemed to be popular, who also turned out to be a cheerleader, Ashton West. Ian had looked the cheerleader up and and down blankly, studying her. He had a thoughtful look before finally speaking flatly. "You're pretty. You probably get that a lot though huh?" It wasn't flirtatious, in fact it was stated as pure fact. He was genuinely complimenting her. He then smiled wide. "We should be friends." and so they were.

Ian sought out other kids who seemed to be popular, which really wasn't hard to do. It seemed as though if you were at all interesting everything you did was public knowledge. Like someone could just read about everything you were doing. Everyone else seemed to be nameless and faceless 'side characters'. All Ian had to do was seek out those whose names were the most on people's lips. He somewhat befriended a guy named Theo. He seemed pretty cool, but they never actually hung out so they weren't really friends. He met a redhead named Belle. She seemed nice enough, although he heard some rumors about her that he might have to ask others about. Then there was this guy Mads. He and Ian were pretty similar but the hadn't talked too much considering their age difference. There didn't seem to be a whole lot of times where their schedules matched up, though Ian wished he could talk more.

Another name Ian heard quite a bit was Mason. The two talked a bit and Ian sat with him at lunch sometimes but it didn't seem like they were very close. There were plenty of other names of people Ian heard, and a few he had met once or twice, but as far as making a connection with there were few. He met Ash's brother once, but he seemed to be avoiding people in general. Mason had a brother named Drake that Ian had heard about, but never met. There was a girl named Carter that Ian liked because she gave off a tough 'I don't care about anyone' exterior, but she seemed not actually not care about Ian so he mostly left her alone. Definitely didn't want to start a beef with anyone. There was a couple other people but there were too many to name. In short; Ian's had a busy month.

A couple days ago Ash invited Ian to a ski trip, which he immediately agreed to. Ian could never say no to a party or event, especially to meet new people as it sounded as if all of Westbrook was invited. He had also gone snowboarding a couple times back in California and had a blast, so this was a good excuse to do it again. After going back and forth on it for a while Ian finally decided to buy his own snowboard. With better access to places to do so he figured it be a good investment. Should he have saved that money towards a car? Maybe, but buying a car seemed like a lot more responsibility than a skateboard or bike, what with gas and insurance and all. He had a licence, his parents literally forced him to the DMV to get it, but they couldn't force him to buy a car. He was perfectly content not having one either. Most of the time. This would be one of those occasions where he did regret it a little. He felt a little guilty bumming a ride from Daniel, but then again carpooling was good for the environment right? Yeah that was a good enough excuse for now.

The day had finally arrived and Ian excitedly bounced around his house singing some Red Hot Chili Peppers song or another while he packed. When his dad wasn't looking he slipped a bottle of vodka into his dufflebag, smiling to himself remembering the last time he brought vodka to a party. He then went to his closet and opened it up. It wasn't filled with clothes as one might expect, nah Ian had a dresser for that. That closet was where Ian kept his most prized possessions; his instruments. He picked up a harmonica from his late uncle and slipped it into his pocket. "Definitely going to need that." he said before turning his gaze to his guitar case. He stared at it for a long time debating whether to bring it or not. On the one hand he wasn't half bad and showing off is a load of fun. On the other hand dozens of probably intoxicated teenagers made Ian nervous and he would never forgive anyone, including himself, if something were to happen to his guitar. As he weighed the situation he heard shouting and honking from outside. It was his ride. He finally decided it'd be better to not and grabbed a pair of drumsticks instead. It was extremely unlikely he would get to use them properly, but most people are impressed with hand tricks so he didn't need to actually play. He quickly zipped up his dufflebag, bungee-corded his new snowboard to it, and headed out the door. He packed his things into Daniel's car and jumped into the passenger seat. "Hey, thanks again for the ride. This is going to be freaking awesome. I even managed to snag some...beverages." he said with a mischievous grin. "Let's go make some questionable choices." and with that they were off. High5ives High5ives

Carter

She thought this trip would of actually been fun, driving up with her best friend, his brother, and Raven. But then Drake added his band of misfits to her own. Which was fine, but she thought that Drake would of sat in the back with his friends. Not taken shotgun right from Raven. She figured she would of had Mason or Raven up front with her. Whatever, she got over it, for a moment. However when Drake started to serenade her, Carter was not feeling it.

She rolled her eyes when he announced the name of his playlist for the ride. 'Fun Time with Carter' geezus how were Mason and Drake even related. Even if they only shared some DNA they, they were literally polar opposites. Carter's hands gripped the wheel a bit tighter, her knuckles turning white. A passing thought of crashing the car might of passed through her mind, but quickly decided that wouldn't be a good idea.

Carter gritted her teeth pressing her head back into the head rest, trying to find some sort of composure.
"Maybe you should write one." No sooner had the words left her lips did she regret what she had said.

She turned to see Drake sticking his head out the window, right as Carter had begun to merge on to the highway.
"WHAT THE FUCK. GET YOUR DUMBASS HEAD BACK IN HERE." As she frantically started to roll up the window. Not really caring if Drake happened to get caught in the process. "WHAT ARE YOU TWELVE? HAVE YOU NEVER BEEN IN A CAR BEFORE?" Carters eyes wide with astonishment. She quickly locked the windows before Drake could do a repeat of that last action. And locked then doors so the kid didn't get any funny ideas.

"I knew I should of brought the duct tape" She mumbled under her breath.

Winona Winona Soap Soap mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Zach

Zach hadn't actually expected the ride to even go smoothly, but he didn't expect a witch hunt against Belle either. Leaning forward towards Ava to whisper in her ear.
"Now we both know that isn't true." He winked before sitting back down beside Belle. "Come on Avalon, don't you want more competition? Or are you just scared I'll beat you again?" He smirked biting the side of his lip.

"I think you forget Ava, I'm a pretty interesting guy." He smirked catching JJ's eye in the mirror. "I'd let the right girl 'snatch me up' ." He winked subtly.

"So what are we playing smalls." He smiled looking over Belle's shoulder at the Switch in her hand. Ava had dumped him as a partner in their online gaming, and he hadn't really seen her since. He figured she had been telling Nona that they were still studying, and as long as he kept up with his work, he wouldn't be benched in basketball. At least he didn't have to worry about that this week. No school work, no practice, he would actually be able to let loose a little bit.

Maybe he would plan something when they went back to school after vacation, since Ava had been doing her best to avoid him at campus. Just to get her riled up a bit

Winona Winona Soap Soap Maree Maree

Last edited:
~ Akmal Acre Ahmed ~

The beats were thumping through his headphones, vibrations rattled against his skull as he felt his mind swirl down into the lyrics of XXXTentacion and Travis Scott that brought his mind back to the streets of the Ward even when his neighborhood was at the worst with the police in the street with guns drawn, it was still his home that he missed desperately. People didn't understand the supernatural hold that the city had on people, they could never leave forever because the spirits and the black magic would draw them back into the seedy shadows of the city. The whine and crashes of the bus's sputtering engine slithered through his music , he could've hitched a ride with someone, Grace would've helped him if he had asked but she always helped him and he was still too weirded out by the extreme friendliness that shined through her. He could've asked one of his cousins but he was still some ghetto gangsta bro to them and he thought they were the whitest black people he had ever met; when they first met in the airport in Portland, he was greeted by the phrase "What's crackin cuz" and Akmal wanted to grab his cousin then stomp him, whip his ass for using such a disrespectful phrase that Akmal knew. The bus came to a jarring stop that made his body jump, forcing his eyes open, the blood was humming and hot in his veins as his heart pounded against the walls of his chest. This was his stop and the cold air would soothe him so he hopped off quickly, his eyes down as he side stepped people in the aisle and jumped from the steps, stopping for a moment to look around as the bus hissed, pulling away from the station to leave him standing in a small crowd of moving people as they went in their specific ways. "Fuck..." The cabin was just outside of town but he standing in the center of this little resort town so now it was time to improvise the rest of the way to the cabin.

He was dressed warmly, the coat was a matte grey and the brand was Patagonia, a gift from his aunt when he first got here because he had arrived in the snowy north wearing basketball shorts and a tank top, an outfit that was more suited for the swampy heat of Louisiana. She was a good woman, she had taken him to the mall and got him real clothes for the winter so that he could fit in, she knew what it was like to go from ghetto and gangs to a good family in an upstanding community. A pain shot through his shoulder, it was hot and it made his face twist a little as he pressed the arm tighter into his chest, it had only been a month since the shooting and his arm was still cradled into a sling that held his left arm stable but the pain was still shooting daggers through his body, he felt that a new doctor's appointment was in his future to see if something was going wrong during the healing process. He hated doctors and hospitals, he had always been in too many, the stark white walls made his eyes burn.

It wasn't hard to find a ride. Everyone in this state was nice and even when he offered the guy who had driven him the rest of the way some money, he just shook his head and said no worries before parting ways at the drive-way of the cabin. "Fucking people are strange here.." Akmal muttered, his deep voice bounced off the snow as he trudged up the drive slowly, his headphones were hanging around his throat now and blasting his playlist loudly, letting him bump his head to the bass. He loved XXXTentacion so much, the guy was an idol to Akmal, his own rap writings were based off the rapper's words and songs, it made him sad when he found out that he was gunned down in Florida and Akmal even attended a vigil that had happened in New Orleans. He could see the cabin, he was shocked but didn't show it, he had never seen a place this big and crazy rich looking, it was insane to him. He just stood there for a long minute, just staring quietly at the decadence Akmal had only dreamed of when he was a kid.

Grace

Extremely glad to be out of the car and enjoying their scenery while grinning over at Sawyer, childish. But adorable. She opened her mouth to tell her it probably wasn't a good idea to make a nuisance, before she could she flinched when something cold was placed on top of her head. Grace turned around to see Theo and it was a full-on glare. She loved Theo, but at least give a girl a warning. "How was the trip up?" The blonde was more than ready to make her own attack but someone else beat her to the punch, and shockingly-- it wasn't Sawyer.

'Best friend?' Whatever happened to that whole thing online? This is exactly why Grace hated social media. It wasn't just for cute pictures and checking up on people you cared about. Everything got way complicated online, stupid gossip and drama, and straight-up hateful comments. It was a nice gesture that Ash had decided to stick up for her this time, but it only confused Grace more. She glanced at Theo and Ash, taken aback by her words. "Um..." It wasn't like she didn't miss Ash, total opposite.

She let out a defeated sigh and nodded. "Yeah... we'll uh, talk later." She offered the smallest of smiles her way. She hated being mad at Ash, but it wasn't like she couldn't not be. As much as she didn't want to be, she was still upset about that dumb twitter thing. Yes, the ignored the 'I love you.' part. Can you blame her? Shifting uncomfortably and her gaze fell on Akmal. He seemed like a nice guy, and Grace usually tried to help him out whenever he remotely needed it.

There wasn't anything wrong with that... and well, an 'out' of this conversation seemed like a good idea. "I'm... gonna go catch up with someone real quick. I'll be back in a little." She directed her words to Sawyer brushing snow off of her girlfriend's hair and kissed her on the cheek, with a last glance at Ash before making her way away from the trio.

She approached him from behind, and a mischievous grin came onto her face. There's snow. And Theo did it to her! So, like, why not? Lifting a snowball and throwing it towards the boy. Her great plan didn't work when the snowball went flying past his shoulder and she sighed. "Sorry." She apologized for missing with a cheeky smile. "Admiring the view?" She asked about the cabin.

KingofAesir KingofAesir Maree Maree Winona Winona COTimberWolf1942 COTimberWolf1942

Melissa

Mood: Excited| Interacting with: Wanda | Mentions: Sook Sook

The past few days had been a blast for Mia. After finding that she really, truly enjoyed Wanda's company (she'd been scolded for standing at the table and talking with her for so long), she'd offered to take the other girl out around town. It was a shortlived endeavor, as they did actually wind up lost together, but Mia had loved every second of it. On top of that trip, they'd exchanged numbers and were talking back and forth on a regular basis. Through text messages, that is, as it was her preferred method of communication as opposed to calling, but talking nonetheless.

Eventually, Mia had managed to ask Wanda to accompany her on a skiing trip. It wasn't her original idea--several acquaintances were all going and they'd invited her along. She'd decided to bring Wanda as her plus one, if only as a way for the girl to get to know some of the other kids. It had taken a lot of courage on her part, as she'd never really done such a thing before. It was usually her who got asked out, not the other way around, yet there was something about her new friend that made her want to take the initiative with these sorts of things.

The bus dropped her off at the cabin. Mia thanked the driver for taking her all this way. She would've driven herself had she not procured extreme anxiety over operating heavy machinery. And yes, cars counted as heavy machinery. Stepping out of the bus, her feet stomping in the snow, Mia pulled out her phone and sent Wanda a text.

♡Wanda♡
me
are you here yet?

Excitement bubbled up in Mia's stomach. How long was this trip supposed to last? In any case, this would probably end up being the longest she'd spend outside of her house. Hell, the longest she'd spend outside of her room. And she would be spending every minute of it with one of her closest friends, if not her best friend. She could hardly wait.
code by Ri.a

Drake
Big LAUGH.gif

Carter was absolutely, positively, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious-ly the epitome of not fun. She didn't appreciate his amazing playlist, and even tried to roll him up in the window! Drake huffed, falling back in his seat and crossed his arms over his chest. "What am I supposed to do?" He whined. "Sit here and discuss politics with you?" That was the worst thing he could ever imagine, and it was not going to happen. Still pouting, he looked out the window to pass the time.

Okay. Less than a minute later, and he was officially bored with that. Drake reached down, pulling the lever on his seat so the whole back went flying down and into Raven's lap. Drake was startled for only a minute, and then he looked up at Raven, a bright smile on his face. "Well hello there, gorgeous. How's it crack-a-lackin'?"

Drake laughed, unbuckling his seatbelt and sitting up, but leaving the seat down. "Hey! Maisie! Aaron!" He cupped his hands around his mouth to yelll at them, as if they couldn't hear him from the front of the car. "I need your guys' help to--" he abruptly stopped, his pale silver gaze flicking between both of the Riveras for a moment before he dropped his hands back to the seat. "Okay never mind, I'm coming back there and we'll discuss this super top secret thing in secret."

He crawled his way from the passenger seat, whilst Carter drove on the highway, between Mason and Raven, and then vaulted (okay more like fell) over that seat to land clumsily in the very far back between Aaron and Maisie. And, well, partially on top of them with his legs sprawled across Maisie and his head in Aaron's lap.

"Woopsies daisy." He said, quickly righting himself and buckling in his seat belt. "Okay, top secret thing!" Drake quickly threw his arms around both of his friends, pulling them closer like they were in some kind of top secret meeting thing... until he remembered that Maisie didn't like being touched. He quickly let go of her, but kept an arm around Aaron. "As you two may have heard in passing or seen or... something, I am currently dating Belle. We are a thing but not a thing, but I want to be an official thing. A smoochy smoochy wuv you type of thing, if you catch my drift." He said with a wink. "As in I want to ask her to be my girlfriend. Tonight!"

"Now I need you guys' help so that I can figure out how to ask her. Like... what do I do?" Drake dropped his arm from around Maisie, worry evident in his gaze. "Do I just," he put an arm around Maisie, but was careful to not touch her. Drake winked at her, giving her a little nod. "Yo babe, how you doin'? Wanna be my plus one forever?"

"OR!" He quickly turned away from Maisie to Aaron, and took one of Aaron's hands in his. "I thou do loveth thee, will thou do thy the honor of... being thy Juliet to thine Romeo?" Was that proper Shakespearean?

Either way, Drake was frustrated. He let go of Aaron, groaning loudly, and then slumped down in the seat, crossing his arms over his chest. "Single life was best life but here I am. Please help."

Dazzle Dazzle Soap Soap mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties Mentions: Maree Maree

---------------------------

Mason
Sexy Beach.gif

Damn, Raven was seriously hot. He shouldn't have been fighting her for June, he should've been fighting June for Raven. Either way, he was almost glad when she leaned away, and he could finally properly breathe once again. Right. Bet. Mason tried to keep a chill expression on his face, as if she hadn't just left him practically breathless.

"Fine. I bet that Carter kicks him out before the end of this song," he said. "And if I win, you have to go on a date with me." Mason said with a smirk at Raven. Ha. Smooth. He doubted that she would ever actually take him up on the bet if he did happen to win, but it was worth a shot either way. Mason would take her on a proper date, like what he'd had planned for June. The difference being that Raven actually deserved a nice night out and-- ... wait, she was dating Alaska. Fuck.

And then Carter was screaming, and Mason was praying that she would kick Drake out but instead, she kept driving. And then Drake dropped his seat back, and Mason glared at his little brother as he flirted with Raven or... something, and then climbed between the two to get back to his friends, almost kicking Mason in the face on the way.

"Uh... who wins if he ditches?" Mason asked, glancing at Raven.

Soap Soap Dazzle Dazzle

Ash
OOoh La la.gif

Well that could've gone worse. Or a whole lot better. It kind of hurt that Grace didn't return the I love you, but at least it hadn't ended in tears. She sighed, watching as Grace walked away, and then her eyes fell on Kanen's car. Perfect. Ash looked back at Theo and Sawyer, forcing a bright smile onto her face. "I'll see you two later. I'm going to go greet some other people." She explained, finger gunning at them as she backed away, and then turned and headed towards Kanen.

Ash leaned over, scooping up a snowball as she made her way towards him. She considered throwing it at him, but knowing Kanen, there was a really good chance he'd get pissed off and get in his car and drive all the way home. Which was obviously the opposite of what Ash wanted, so she just held the snowball in her gloved hands as she made her way over.

"Kanen! I can't believe you came!" She said with a bright smile, this time not actually having to force one as Ash bounced over, leaning against the trunk next to him and peering curiously in to see what he was doing. Her eyes fell on the snowboard, and her gaze lit up. "You snowboard? Thank goodness. I thought you were a skier." Okay, so maybe Ash wasn't a fan of skis, mainly because she had never been able to learn how. She could snowboard, though.

"Honestly didn't think you would show up." Ash said, turning to look up at Kanen. "What with you having the whole brooding, I hate everyone type of vibe going on all the time. But uh... I'm glad you came." She smiled and then gave him a tight hug, because hugs were always more fun with people who didn't particularly like them. And in the midst of the hug, Ash took her snowball still in her hand and reached up, smacking it into his face. What? She had to have some fun.

High5ives High5ives

Last edited:
~ Akmal Acre Ahmed ~

Akmal jumped a little in surprise when Grace popped up beside him, she was the happiest little ball of sunshine on Earth apparently and even it was strange for him to be around someone like her, he was slowly starting to get use to it. "Hey girl..." His smile was awkward, friendly though, he was still getting use to trying to smile in a friendly way that didn't look like a serial killer smile. "Come on, you gotta do it..." His head tipped to the side, now his grin was playful as he brought his hand up, it was their secret handshake they had devised one of their first afternoon where they were goofing around instead of working on biology homework. He was well coordinated using his hands but Grace kinda flopped, it made him laugh but he loved her enthusiasm each time they did it, "You did well girl, we just gotta keep workin on it." His laugh was deep in his chest as he put an arm around her shoulder, squeezing her into a hug. "Yeah.. I really was admiring the view, I've never ever seen a place like this my life Grace and I'm just lookin at the outside right now, I can't even imagine what the inside looks like." Akmal mumbled softly, "Wanna introduce me to some people ma'am?"

Soap Soap

A L I C E
STATUS
Mood ~ Happy
Interacting with ~ Nikita - No one
Mentions ~ The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Alice hurried through the snow, wishing that she had put on her boots sooner. She smiled at Nikita, who was waiting for her at the door. "Well? Let's go!" She sped into the cabin, breathing in the smell. Amazing. For someone who didn't travel often, the smell was incredible. She hurried to one of the rooms and set her luggage down next to the bottom bed. So this is what mum meant about getting out into the world. Not as great as a bookstore, but still good.

It wasn't that fancy, just a bunk bed, and a beautiful view. Alice wondered who would sleep on the top bunk. Maybe it would only be herself. Alice sighed. Well, that wouldn't be different. And there was a hot tub. She didn't plan on using it, but maybe she might try it. But only when she was alone. Peeking her head into the hallway and looking around. Well, there was no one lingering around that might annoy her, so Alice decided to explore the cabin. Leaving her stuff packed up, she left the room and headed down the hallway.

Grace

Grace sighed and walked closer to Akmal, shaking her head as she moved her hand to reach his. He had tried many times in biology to teach her the handshake. But she could never ace it for some reason, they weren't extremely close. But she considered him a friend, you could only tutor someone for so long and not get to know them. It would be sad to just talk about work all the time. So, maybe, Grace being Grace put in a little extra effort to teach the guy and his favorite color too, was that so bad? Probably not.

She shrugged in defeat when the handshake failed, again. "Mmhm. I wouldn't call whatever that was 'well' But I'll keep trying." She managed a smile at Akmal. And redirected her attention to the cabin. She wasn't really sure why she came to this place when her and Ash were having problems. It was probably a dumb idea, but since Ash seemed on board with fixing things. She should be too.

Damn it. She should've returned the stupid 'I love you.' Great, now she felt guilty. Akmal's next words were definitely one to consider. Who was she supposed to introduce him to? Sawyer maybe? Theo? Ash was out of the question right now. But she didn't really see anyone else around here. "I could introduce you to my girlfriend. She's amazing." A little secretive maybe, but that's something that could be fixed. After all Sawyer told her about Natalie's pregnancy, it just took a little longer than she hoped.

"My ex-boyfriend is there too. But I mean, like, not a real ex. Because, well, uh. I don't do boys, uh. I don't do them as in like, I don't like them. But I don't do them either. That wouldn't make--" Okay, she didn't have to make that sound sexual in literally any way whatsoever. "Um. Never mind, let's head this way." Grace tilted her head towards them, and glad that Ash made her way from them. That'd be a little awkward. "Sawyer, Theo, this is Akmal. He's the guy I tutor."

"That's the amazing girlfriend, and uh. Theo." She added a smile for Theo instead of introducing him as her ex, maybe Sawyer was totally cool with bringing up her ex whenever. But it felt a little weird for Grace to bring up her own, even if she couldn't ever be attracted to him, he was still an ex. "Sorry, the coolest guy, and one of my closest friends, Theo." She reassured him before he felt the need to throw more snow on top of her.

COTimberWolf1942 COTimberWolf1942 Maree Maree KingofAesir KingofAesir

Maisie
tumblr_inline_ojotjeYg7A1ravrtw_1280.gif

As if their situation couldn't get any worse with the two in front of them, it did when Drake jumped in the back, and Maisie rolled her eyes with a sigh. Glancing at his hand for a second before he pulled it away. Yeah, it still didn't bother her as much whenever he touched her. It was weird. And the thought of that made her shift uncomfortably in her seat as she listened to whatever Drake's secret thing was. "No, we haven't heard that. And, no, what's the 'drift.'" She said rather annoyed with his words. It wasn't like she didn't like Belle! She just... didn't like her. Yeah, okay. She didn't like her, whatever. Not the point.

However his next words made her heart drop and... she didn't understand why. They were just friends, so why was this eating at her? Of course he wanted Belle to be his girlfriend, she was pretty, and nice, and... like, a cheerleader or something. People liked that. She wasn't paying much attention to Drake as he continued brainstorming ideas off the two.

Whatever that weird feeling was, it didn't go away so, she decided to tune back into the conversation. He wanted their help? Maisie didn't want to be mean, but... she didn't want to help. That didn't sound like a good idea. To her anyway. She's sure he could figure it out himself. "Just ask her, I'm sure she'll say yes." Of course she'd say yes. She's not stupid. "I bet she talks about her problems too, though I doubt she has any. She's perfect. Don't you think?" Maisie asked Aaron with a tilt of her head.

"Probably not as 'fucked' up as the rest of us.' She muttered underneath her breath. She doubted Drake would notice. Even if some of those words were his own. Yes, Maisie didn't forget about everything Drake said that night at the musical. He could keep pretending everything was fine and dandy, but it wasn't, and it wasn't going to be until he acknowledged it.

Winona Winona mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Raven
tumblr_ppjto1h6F51tz73b6o6_400.gif

Raven almost snorted at his bet. Yeah, okay, fine. But it wasn't like he was going to win. Nor would it be an actual date. "Funny. Yeah, okay, you're on." Besides, it wasn't like Mason actually wanted to take her out, or date her in general. Okay, who's she kidding. Who wouldn't? But Mason? No, this Rivera was almost positive that the other wouldn't want her. He had much better options, minus Adriane, well, she was the mother of his baby. But still. Okay, shutting down these thoughts now. Not interested in all of that.

A slight chuckle made it's way out of Raven and a smile formed on her face at Drake. Raising an eyebrow towards him. Clearly appreciating the comment. "It's going great." He was way too energetic and perky for her, but she's Raven. Of course she's going to enjoy compliments. Whether it'd be from the most annoying or worst person on the planet. She'll take what she can get.

When Carter acted like a middle aged mother yelling at her disobedient child, Drake jumped from the backseat and Raven moved so he could get through while glancing at Mason, clearly annoyed that their bet didn't make it all the way. She thought about it for a second before a smirk came onto her face and leaned in close again. "We could call it a tie." Her gaze fell on his lips. "We could do all three?" Teasing shouldn't of been on her agenda today. But again, it's Raven. She played with the collar of his shirt as she continued, what she hoped was torture for the other Rivera. Nothing was wrong with just flirting. Right? "10 dollars. A date. And so much stage kissing."

"Although, not much of it has to be on stage." She let her statement sit for a little letting his own imagination fill in the little blanks she'd left.

Dazzle Dazzle Winona Winona

The drive up seemed to go by quickly. Time flew by, jamming out to music and chatting on the way up to the cabin. Daniel was quite the chatterbox. One story lead right into another, and another, and another. Seemingly random details, like the lisence plates in the car in front of them, reminded of more things to talk about. Needless to say, the drive was anything but quiet. Daniel was too excited to just relax and cruise. He was like a toddler going to Disney World.

When they finally arrived at the Cabin, Daniel practically burst from the car. “I swear that was like ten hours!” Daniel yelled stretching out his arms and legs, having quickly exited the vehicle. He wasn’t really worried about unloading the car. It’s not like the luggage wouldn’t be there later. Right now, Daniel just want to enjoy himself a little bit.

His eyes swept side to side, watching as the others attacked eachother with snow like a bunch of wild animals. Naturally, Daniel scooped up a snowball. Just in case he needed to use it. Daniel wasn’t going to start a war, but he’d happily participate in one if he was ambushed.

“Hey Ian, I’m gonna chill for a bit before I start unloading stuff. I’ll leave the car unlocked though, In case you wanna grab your things.” Daniel offered before he turned and began marching through the snow. He liked the way it crunches under his feet and left boot prints everywhere he went. God, Danny loves winter. Hot-chocolate, Christmas, sledding. Everything. Hell, Daniel even liked the cold. It just meant he could wear more hoodies and beanies.

He watched quietly as Ash ambushed his brother, smacking a snowball into his face after a quick. First a hug, then a sneak attack? Kanen was bound to be pissed, but Daniel just laughed about it, approaching the two quickly. “You know, that wasn’t exactly fair...” Daniel mused, walking up behind his brother and dumping a handful of snow down the back of his shirt. “Brothers always have first dibs when it comes to tormenting eachother.”

Daniel didn’t even have time to enjoy watching Kanen squirm before Kanen retaliated, scooping up two handfuls of snow and throwing them both in his face. Shit! It was cold! Had snow always been this cold?! Daniel didn’t think so as he jumped and wiggled, trying desperately to get the snow dislodged from his hair and jacket.

Ash appeared of nowhere, yelling his name and talking all loud. It honestly scares the gel out of Kanen, making him jump and hit his head on the trunk of his car. Of course. It hadn’t even been five minutes, and Kanen was already headache hear.

“Hello Ash.” Kanen muttered, obviously not too happy about being disturbed. “Daniel wouldn’t stop bugging me about coming. Figured if I came it might shut him up for a little while.” Kanen shrugged. He was happy to be out of the house for a while, even if he had too much pride to admit it. All he had done lately was work, so taking some time to just play would be nice. Even if it meant being stuck up in the mountains with a bunch of people he couldn’t stand.

Kanen didn’t have time to say much more before Ash hugged him. Kanen could’ve actually appreciated the hug, if it hadn’t been followed up by a snowball to the face. He let out a long sigh, slowly brushing the snow off his face. Kanen was already so done with this. He needed a nap, or drink. Whichever came first.

He was relieved when he heard Daniel arrived, yelling something about how long the drive was. Daniel wasn’t exactly the patient type. Soon enough, Daniel was coming over to greet Him and Ash. Thank god. Daniel could do all the talking, and Kanen could just relax.

“That wasn’t exactly fair...”

“Yeah, that was-“ Kanen opened his mouth to agree with Daniel, But was cut off when his brother dumped a handful of snow down the back of his shirt. Seriously!? A snowball fight was the last thing Kanen wanted to do right now! Kanen might’ve just left, but not after seeing Daniel with that shit-eating grin of his. No way. Kanen wasn’t going to let his little brother have the last laugh. “You little shit!” Kanen growler, grabbing as much snow as he could and dousing Daniel’s head.

Satisfied, Kanen turned back to Ash. If this was going to be a snowball-war, Kanen intended to win. “I’m gonna give you two seconds to run before I throw you into that snowbank over there.” He warned, pointing over at the mound of soft powder piled up beside the cabin.

“...One...”

Winona Winona PenguinFox PenguinFox

One might think that a three hour drive would be tedious, but wasting time was one Ian's special skills. He'd put that on a job application once. Strangely enough he wasn't hired. Along with Ian's skills, Daniel was pretty talkative so the trip seemed to take no time at all. They spent the whole time talking back and forth, making jokes and listening to music. It was a good time, but the real good times were to come. As they pulled to a stop Ian pulled a pair of aviators out of his pocket and put them on. With all the snow reflecting light it made it a little hard to see, but it sorta reminded him of California. He smiled and stepped out of the car. The day was beautiful, sure it was cold out, but the sun somewhat made up for it.

It seemed all around him there were people having fun and playing in the snow and Daniel was quick to grab a snowball. Daniel had then said he was going to go have some fun before actually unpacking. Ian grabbed his dufflebag from the trunk but left his snowboard there for later. He swung the bag's straps over his shoulder diagonally so that he could carry it almost like a backpack. Ian then took a moment to take in the opulence that was this place. Sure it wasn't the best ski resort he had ever seen, but it was privately owned, which made it more impressive. He knew Ash's family was rich but this- well this was something else. You had to be a special type of rich to just casually decide one day you want to buy a ski resort and then go and buy a ski resort.

Ian looked down and kicked at the snow. He wasn't really that much of a fan, he much preferred sand, but this was his world now. Gone were the days of sunny beaches and forest fires, now he had cold days and blizzards. When he looked back up he saw a couple of familiar faces, but there was one that stood out to him. The one who invited him here in the first place, Ash. He adjusted his bag and started making his way over casually. Sure he was going to her because he knew her the best, besides Daniel that is but he just spent three hours with the guy, but Ian didn't want to seem like he didn't know many people. Confidence was key.

Currently Ash was near a guy who Ian thought was probably Daniel's brother, Kanen. Alright he was pretty sure when he saw how the two were interacting. Right as Ian got into speaking distance the one he was pretty sure to be Kanen was threatening to throw Ash into a snowbank, which admittedly would be amusing to see. He couldn't help but to grin, but that would probably cause some kind of damage to Ash which he didn't want to see happen to one of his few friends. "As funny as that might be to see, you shouldn't throw a lady into a snowbank. Especially if said lady is the hostess." he said to Kanen as he threw a small grin in Ash's direction. As he spoke there was something in the back of Ian's mind that tweaked, as if asking what the hell he thought he was doing. Sure he was about the same height as Daniel's brother, but he was for sure not the same weight. Not even close. If he wanted to he could break Ian in half, but Ian wasn't frightened by such things. He didn't have time for worries like that, life was too short to not say the things he wanted to and do the things he wanted. Winona Winona High5ives High5ives

Ash
OOoh La la.gif

She hadn't really spoken to Danny much after the whole incident at Belle's party. Yeah, it was an accident and she wasn't mad at Danny for it, but just looking at him reminded her of that fight she'd had with Grace. Seriously -- even her best friend had thought that Ash just went around kissing dudes like crazy. She had kissed one. Only Ryder, and yet look at what had happened. Anyway, right, she wasn't still mad and annoyed by everything that had happened. Nope. All forgiven.

Ash tried to push away all of those negative emotions, and it wasn't too hard when Danny dropped snow down Kanen's back, and she couldn't help but laugh. Seeing big bad ass Kanen covered in snow was hilarious, okay? But of course, he had to return to the favor to Danny -- which may have actually been even funnier. "Right. Sorry, Danny." She said, glancing at Kanen as his attention turned back to her and she just rolled her eyes as he started counting.

"Kanen, please." Ash said, cutting him off and leaning up to brush some snow out of his hair. "I'm just having a little fun. Plus I'll just pull you down with me, and then where would you be? Covered in more snow." She gave him a sweet smile and stepped back, looking over her shoulder when she heard Ian's voice.

"See?" She laughed, heading over to her new friend. Ash knew that she was treading on dangerous territory, but she was still kind of doubting that Kanen would throw her into a snowbank. Plus now she had backup because... well, Ian would help her if she ended up in a snowball fight with a mafia dude, right? Right. That's what friends did. "Ian here is smart. I'll make you sleep in the hot tub or in your car if you test me." She said, sticking her tongue out at Kanen.

"So how was the trip up with Danny?" Ash asked, smiling at Ian as she spoke.

High5ives High5ives PenguinFox PenguinFox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back