• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Nova

She could feel something wrong. That pit-of-the-stomach feeling that she got whenever she felt something off with Jace, this inherent thing that the brunette had adopted when she and the beanie boy had first started dating. It was a small flame, flicking in her stomach now, like a warning light. Slowly, she watched Jace sit down, watched his body go rigid, his eyes plant to his hands. And then she listened.

She listened to the sound of skin fiddling along fingers as they were twiddled roughly against one another. She listened to the stutter that only disrupted the blonde's speech when he was nervous. She listened about how someone had been there for Jace, how someone had taken care of him. She listened to the qualms that filled his head, and contrast to the resolution in his voice. She listened to what her absence had done to her relationship. She listened to her stomach flip on it's head in her body. She listened to that flame getting brighter inside her, burning uncomfortably, making her squirm slightly. Because after all this listening, after every word that detailed a story, she could only hear one thing.

That she left. And he moved on.

Nova didn't care of Jace's sexuality, she wouldn't ever judge him, and it wasn't the fact that it was a man that hurt her. It was the fact that someone else had seen the beauty and innocence in Jace that she had, this wondrous boy who had the most gentle heart of any man she had ever had the pleasure to know, to love, to hold. And maybe it was why she did what did next.

In the silence that filled the room, Nova rose to her feet, grabbing her backpack from the ground and gently placed it onto her shoulder, as if her body would break had the action been any harder. Her fingertips graced Jace's then, peeling his beanie back to look into his eyes. It wasn't until then that tears brimmed her eyes again, hazel's burning a brighter green as they studied these blues that she knew like the back of her hand. These eyes that had gotten her through three months of hell, just to think about. These eyes that she could stare into for hours without boredom creeping into her head. And with the most gentle touch she could muster, Nova leaned forehead and soft as a feather, brushed her lips against Jace's forehead.

With that, the brunette headed for the door, biting her lip as she twisted the nob, slipped out, and shut it again. Walking back towards the grand entrance that she wished she'd never seen, thinking of the post from Ash she wished she'd never read, remembered the hope in her heart that she wished she had never felt.

Winona Winona

Ok, Ian was kind of weird. He was cocky, but at the same time he wasn’t? If that made any sense. It was just a little bit weird how willing he seemed to get the absolute shit best out of him. Like, Ian made it totally clear that he knew Kanen would destroy him, but he still kept up with that snarky attitude. Maybe snarky wasn’t the word, but whatever Ian’s attitude was, Kanen didn’t like it. Luckily for Ian, Kanen was too busy to care much about it right now. Ash was going to get dumped in the snow. After all, revenge was a dish best served cold. Cold was probably the only word that could suitabley describe being whitewashed.

“Yeah, you do you, pal.” Kanen muttered to Ian as he mucked through the snow to get to the snowbank. Once there, Kanen was merciless, tossing Ash where the snow looked the softest, and deepest. Just like Ash said though, she dragged Kanen in after her.

The pair tumbled a little bit, leaving Kanen on top. He was careful to make sure he wouldn’t actually land on top of Ash. He didn’t want to hurt her. He just wanted to have a little bit of fun in the snow. When all was said and done, Kanen found himself less than a foot away front Ash’s face, holding himself up in the push up position to keep from crushing her. Kanen’s beanie had flown off in the snow somewhere, leaving his hair wild and messy, hanging down over his face a little bit. But he was smiling, Kanen was legitimately having a good time, even after Ash pummeled him with another handful of snow.

As Ash climbed up out of the snow, Kanen just laid there on his back laughing for a moment. He already felt numb to the cold, and in all honesty, Kanen would’ve stayed there if Ash hadn’t demanded to get Stu involved.

Kanen looked in the direction of Ash’s voice and he suddenly felt sick. Stu had never deserved how Kanen had treated him, Kanen knew that. The little British kid was so innocent, and Kanen had been so cruel. Jesus Christ, Kanen never even checked to see if Stu was ok before he left for Boston. Had Stu gotten hurt when Kanen threw him aside? Did he hate him for it? Did he even really remember it? Kanen’s mind races with questions, going a million miles and hour over something that really shouldn’t have been a problem.

Ok. Deep breaths. Kanen was silent for a moment, focusing on nothing but his breathing. Ever since coming home from Boston, it didn’t take much for his anxiety to go off like a bomb. Panic attacks had become a fairly common occurrence, even if he didn’t want to admit it. Regardless of whether or not Kanen accepted it, he had issues. Deep seeded anxieties and fears that crept up on him at night. Parronoia that struck him at seemingling the oddest of times. Hell, Kanen had been violent before, but now? It didn’t take much to make Kanen snap and fly off the edge. He was in fact struggling with himself...

Kanen slowly climbed out from the snowbank. He didn’t say anything else to Ash or Stu. He just wanted to get away from everyone for a bit. This all suddenly felt like too much. Too many people. Too many cars. Too many voices. Just too much everything. He just wandered back to his car, getting in the driver’s seat and reclining it back as far as it could go, leaving Daniel there blank-faced and utterly confused.

Winona Winona PenguinFox PenguinFox Dede Dede

Zach watched as Belle picked up her gear and without another word made her way into the cabin. He was sure she would get back at him eventually for that car ride. He was a bit surprised by how badly it had actually went, he didn't realize how easily Belle would get set off by a slight waver in the wheel. Cars really scared her, he would have to apologize for that one later.

He made his way to the trunk of the car, pulling out his own bag, and board tucking it under his arm.
"You know I've always got your back JJ." He said taking the bag from her arm. "So will I see you on the mountain this weekend?" He smiled, his eyes trailed off to see the small red head get completely flattened by another snowboarder. Wincing as he chuckled, he shook his head turning back to JJ, "That looked like it hurt." Girls were such bad riders. He thought to himself.

"Just let me know if you need me to fill in any other way." He smirked adjusting her backpack on his shoulder.

Interactions: Soap Soap | Mentions: Winona Winona Maree Maree

Mads

After Thanksgiving everything seemed to get a bit better, Ash and his drunken talk at Belle's party had made a difference at least he felt like he belonged here in Westbrook. His father was out and around a bit more in the house, but he was still drinking and his anger didn't seem to be getting any better. Rae and Mads were thankful for this week away to get out of their fathers way. A week of not walking on egg shells waiting for one to set him off.

Mads had ridden up with Rae and her boyfriend Chase, and he was so happy to be out of the car. He couldn't have been happier to get out of a vehicle, considering jumping out a numerous amount of times with all the lovey dovey crap going on in the front. Madison was still hurting over Scar leaving, and seeing his sister happy hurt. Even if he was happy for her, she deserved something.

He was hungry and ready to get on the mountain, pulling out his backpack and booking it into the house. He wandered around and found an empty room leaving his backpack there and heading back downstairs into the kitchen. Seeing a girl throwing around an apple by the fridge.
"anything good in there?" He smiled leaning against the counter. He felt his stomach rumbling, Rae had refused to stop for food on the way, all he wanted was a McChicken, but nooo McDonalds is horrible for you, so unhealthy.

A Little Cloud A Little Cloud

Carter wasn't up to hanging around Mason and Raven any longer. And the alcohol was just making her feel edgier, but here she was committed to a week of everyone, and she was their ride. "Hi Maisie, Carter." She smiled, feeling like she was giving a small child alcohol, and probably shouldn't be allowing any of Drake's friends to drink. But she was also illegally drinking, and was drinking plenty when she was their age. Probably up to way worse things too.

"Do you board?" She held up her board, "Do you want to learn?" She raised an eyebrow smirking, feeling a bit excited. Maybe a start to a small buzz, but she was still sober so she'd be fine on the mountain right? Right..

At this point if she was going to stay hanging around this entire crew she would either need to be a lot drunker, or well she wasn't going to be able to handle it any longer. There wasn't an either. She just needed to get moving.

Soap Soap Winona Winona

Jace
Confused.gif

Should he even go after her? He wasn't sure and for a moment, Jace just sat there, tears welling up in his eyes before he fell back on his bed, trying to take in deep breaths and steady himself. His hand trembled as he pulled his phone out of his pocket to message Grace again who, in a way, had become his gay guru. Or his love guru. Something like that. He didn't care how much she currently his sister or whatever was going on with them, Jace felt like Grace was all he had left in the world. Grace, Theo, and Nova. And the only person who could speak to about any of this was Grace. Or maybe Raven, but Raven didn't seem like the type to take this seriously.

Oh hell, it didn't matter. Nova was still his best friend, and he still adored and practically worshiped the ground that she walked on. Jace was quick to get off the bed, shoving his phone back into his pocket, and rubbing the dampness from his eyes. He hadn't fully cried, just gotten very close. Hell! He wasn't even sure what his feelings for Theo were, and maybe Jace wasn't fully gay. Maybe he was... pan or bi or something? Fudge. He needed to have an intervention and figure this out.

But he couldn't let Nova leave with this hanging between them.

Jace headed out of the room, closing the door behind him and quickly caught up with Nova just before she headed out of the front entrance. He grabbed her wrist, turning her to face in and then let go, figuring the last thing that she wanted was for him to touch her right now. What if she was homophobic and that's what she was mad about?! No, no... this was Nova. She loved everyone. And her two best friends were bi, so that kind of helped the whole thing.

"I'm sorry." He said quietly. "I... don't know. You left and I didn't know what was happening, and I just... I thought we were over." Jace murmured, his voice wavering yet again as he tried to word together even more overly confusing feelings. "It was... stupid. I should've known that you'd be back, but... I didn't. And Theo was there and... I don't know." Yes, he was attracted to the dude. Who wouldn't be?! He was beautiful and-- ... okay, this wasn't the time for these thoughts.

"I know this is a lot and it's confusing, but I do still love you, Nova." Of course he did, how could he not? Jace would always love Nova, no matter what might happen. But that didn't erase what he was feeling for Theo right now, and now he just regretted ever telling her. "And... I'm sorry. I should've waited before telling you but I didn't want you hearing it from someone else or... something. Not that anyone else knows." Which was only partially a lie. The people who knew wouldn't say anything. Well, the only person who knew was Grace. "I want to... talk and figure things out because I still care about you, Nova. I'm so sorry."

txlos txlos

Nova

The front door felt like it was getting farther and farther away as Nova attempted to get out of the cabin, tears threatening to escape as she blinked them back, fighting them to stay off of her face. This was partly her fault, in her own eyes. She left, she didn't give reason, she was facing the consequences. Jace did what any man would do, and the worst part? The brunette wasn't even mad at him. It's not like she didn't feel anything towards it, but how could she blame Jace? Her sweet, blonde beanie boy. He didn't do anything, he did nothing wrong, he did nothing malicious. He did nothing that the boys back in Seattle did to her. In fact, he wasn't even comparable. So how could she be angry? How could she feel as though he had done anything but love her while she had him? She couldn't... but damn, could the girl find the hole within herself to be mad at.

Just as the door seemed like it was in reach, her chest tight and heavy, hand reaching for the handle, she felt familiar calloused fingers wrap around her wrist. The feeling made her head hurt, as it was one that was so familiar and comforting, but now felt old and tense. It wasn't like before, when Jace would grab her 'round the wrist and pull her close, kissing her foreheard. This wasn't Jace grabbing her to tell her she was beautiful, or to turn her around to hand her his shirt and fuck his shirts... like the pale yellow t-shirt of his that Nova had taken to Seattle with her. The pale yellow t-shirt that was in her bag, the one she slept in at least once a week. This wasn't that.

Slowly, the brunette turned, tucking her hair behind her ear, holding her arms around her stomach once Jace dropped it and took a step back. And it didn't feel like three months anymore, it felt like static. And once again, she listened. And he kept saying it, saying that she was gone, and it made her wince every time the words fell from his lips. She knew she left, and it burned into her as if he was saying that if she hadn't this would have never happened. Because maybe that was the truth. But that didn't make it an easy pill to swallow.

"I-" Breath caught, rose colored embarrassment covered Nova's face. She was trying so hard to keep it in. She had come to hate crying. After all the crying she did when she was forced to leave Westbrook, the crying she did as she watched her father handcuffed, she was done with it. But how foolish was she to think that this man before her, the only man to treat her like she was worth something, couldn't say something to test her ability to hold it in. "You had every right to think that," The whisper fell from Nova's lips before the shaking in her body started, fingers gripping at the yellow sweater and god, was she already starting to want the color far away from her. "I left and I didn't give an explanation, I couldn't give an explanation, and I just want you to know how much I hated that, and how much I loved you through it and I'm so sorry."

Eyes hot and clenching shut, Nova shook her head just twice, knees bending a little as if she was trying to make herself small. "And I'm so happy someone was here for you Jace, and I'm always going to care about you no matter what, please don't think that I won't. I'm just so so so sorry."

Winona Winona

Ava
Fake Smile.gif

Caleb. What a typical fuck boy, knocking you over on a snowboard, jock asshole type of name. She should've expected as much and yeah, she wasn't surprised in the least bit to hear that that was his name. Fuck, hadn't Ava heard that name tossed around? Wasn't he actually a fuck boy boy? She'd have to ask JJ later -- Jules knew all of the dicks, and-- ... Dicks as in people, not dicks as in... oh lord, now she was remembering when her mother Googled some very terrifying pictures when she had The Talk with Ava, and how the hell had her brain gone all the way to this from just hearing the boy's name. Fuck her life.

"Yeah, well, I'm fine. It wasn't very... brutal. Lot of snow." She said, stopping her foot in the fluffy snow to make her point. Ava loved the cold, probably she was cold-blooded and cold-hearted. Ha. Anyway, Ava was wearing less than most of the people here, and she wasn't cold in the least bit. Even with her sweatpants now soaked through with snow.

"Uh, no. I'm staying in the Wests' cabin... thing." Ava explained, and nodded towards the extremely big house, if that's what it could even be cold. "With like, half of the high school. I don't know what family can just toss money around to buy a fucking ski resort, but holy shit, am I right?" Alright, so that may have been a little weird. Ava cleared her throat, trying to force a smile to her face, but it was obvious that it was fake. She was a horrible smiler! "So uh, are you here with family?"

-----------------

Mason
Cutie Smile.gif

He looked down at Drake's little friend, Maisie, as she started downing shots. Damn, that little girl could sure handle her alcohol, apparently, and a small smile appeared on his face as he took another shot, and then just one more. Four shots to start off the night. What a day. But with how he was feeling after being in the backseat with Raven for so long, Mason felt like he was going to need a lot more alcohol to shake this stupid feeling that was latching onto him.

Carter was quick to head to the hills, and was even dragging little Maisie along with her. It was easy to tell that she was done with both Riveras for the moment, but thick-headed Mason figured it was just because it was annoying to listen to people flirt. Which it was, and that was it. Later the two could talk about it and sit on the sidelines of the party, discussing hot girls and even fighting over them, like what had happened with Belle at her party. Ah. He did love hanging out with Carter. Hell, if Carter had refused to go on this stupid trip, Mason would've stayed home, too. But Carter made these things bearable.

"I'll see you later, Carter. If you can't find a room, you can totally share a bed with me." Mason said with a wink and although it was meant as a small flirt, at the same time, he'd shared a bed with Carter before, in a perfectly platonic way. It was one of the beautiful things about basically growing up with her -- Carter was almost like a sister to him.

Once they were out of earshot, Mason took his bag out of the van and threw it over his shoulder before pulling out Aaron's and Drake's things and tossed them to the ground for the boys to get when they got a chance, and then he closed the back of the van. Finally, he turned back to Raven, stepping until he was close to her and then leaned against the van. "Same goes for you if you can't find a bed," he said with a grin. "But uh..." Mason slowly looked her up and down. "It might cost you that dare."

And with that, he pushed away from the van, brushed past Raven, and headed towards the ski resort to drop his things in one of the many rooms. Ah. This was going to be great.

Soap Soap Dazzle Dazzle

Jace
Confused.gif

He felt sick to his stomach as he listened to Nova, knowing that he had caused her to feel like this. Why had he been stupid enough to think that she would just... up and leave like that? Jace had never liked a person before Nova, and now he had his heart broken practically in half between these two amazing people, and he had no idea what to do. Everything before had been so black and white, but now it was gray and Jace didn't want to see Nova hurt like this and know it was his fault. But would Theo be hurt in the same situation? Fuck... was Theo even into guys? Was Jace even? Fuck. He didn't know anymore, and he wanted to curl into a ball and disappear.

Jace wanted to reach out and pull Nova into a hug, for herself as much as for him. But he kept his distance for the time being. How had they gone from being wrapped into each other's arms and so full of affection, to now standing apart as if they were just broken strangers? Right, it was his fault. That's all that the Wests did, wasn't it? Go around ruining people's lives, leaving nothing but destruction and heartache in their wake. Damn it... maybe he should take his mother up on that offer, and move to New York City. Ash and him. Somewhere that they couldn't break the ones they loved. Westbrook would be better off without... well... the Wests.

"I know... that you couldn't tell me, and that you still loved me." Her yellow shirt was enough to let him know that, and don't think it hadn't gone past Jace's radar. His thoughts faded back to when he'd asked her to be his girlfriend, after playing Yellow Shirt for her, and how perfect of a moment that had been. Fuck... how had he ruined it so much that they were now standing apart like this? What he wouldn't give to go back then, to go back to three months ago when his life was simple. Girlfriend, guitar, school. That's all he had going for him, but it had been enough to put a genuine smile on Jace's face every single day.

"Well now I know that, and... Nova I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say." He said quietly, his gaze finally moving from the ground to rest on her face. "I don't want to lose you, though." He didn't know what that meant yet, just that Jace didn't want to have Nova out of his life ever again. The last three months had been some of the worst of his life.

txlos txlos

Ian couldn't help but grin at the merriment going on around him. Especially seeing a big tough guy like Kanen being taken down into the snow, not that he'd admit that out loud. That would be suicide. As he helped Ash up she made a comment about him being a terrible knight. "Sorry, forgot my steed at home, and it's carrying around all my armor." he said with a shrug. He laughed at her next question. "Now? I mean, hey it's your place, it's up to you. Though we'd need some cups." he patted the dufflebag strapped to his back. "Sixty ounces is quite a bit to be drinking right out of a bottle. Not very classy." before he could do anything more though, Ash was calling someone over.

The kid who responded to Ash's beckoning was, well just that, a kid. Quite smaller than himself, Ian wasn't even sure he was in high school. For a moment Ian thought back to his old street. There was a kid similar to this 'Stu' kid that lived near Ian. Sweetest guy he'd ever known. For a moment Ian's smile was entirely erased from his face before he snapped back to reality and returned to a wide grin. He mentally cursed himself for letting the facade drop, for even a moment. He had to always seem happy. He had to keep faking it.

As he returned to the real world he noticed it had gotten weirdly silent and awkward. The Stu kid was shuffling his feet, and it Kanen had just retreated to his car for some reason. This party needed some spicing up, and lucky for everyone there, Ash had invited Ian. He quickly swung his bag around to his chest and dug around in it. He pulled out the bottle he promised Ash and broke the awkward silence he so vehemently hated. "Let's get this party started for realsies." he tilted his head down so his eyes could be seen behind his aviators. He then pointedly looked from Ash to Stu, silently asking her if she thought it'd be ok for him to drink. Ian was irresponsible, but not that irresponsible. He then looked over to Kanen's car. "Someone should grab him to. Seems like he could use this the most, and hell, I'm not stingy." he laughed giving the bottle a jostle to show it was full, but soon wouldn't be. High5ives High5ives Winona Winona Dede Dede

Ash
OOoh La la.gif

She had no idea what had just happened, but Ash sighed as Kanen headed back to his car. She turned her gaze to Ian as he tried to lighten the mood, a sweet smile on her face as she gently placed her hand on his arm. "I'll go get him." After all, if Stu or Ian went to do it, there was a very good chance that they'd end up in the hospital, or with Kanen driving off down the hill. Ash at least knew she wouldn't get hurt, and she felt like she was kinda close with Kanen. Closer with him than some people, anyway. Or anyone since Kanen tended to push people away, but Ash had consistently been too clingy to be pushed away.

"You two go get the party started, and we'll meet you in there with a few." Ash said, her smile turning from Ian over to Stu, with a kind of what the hell just happened look on her face before she dropped her hand from Ian's arm, and then started off across the driveway towards Kanen's car. Her gaze flickered towards Danny for a moment as she came to a stop next to the car, trying the door to see that it was locked. Well, Ash had been expecting that much, as she glared through the window at Kanen.

Ash sighed, her breath billowing out in a cloud, and leaned against the door, crossing her arms over her chest. "Kanen, can you tell me what happened? Or like let me in the car, at least? Because you know I'm not gonna leave, and it's really freaking cold out here and someone threw me in the snow." She shot a dirty look towards Kanen as she said the last part.

High5ives High5ives Dede Dede PenguinFox PenguinFox

Nova

To say that Nova was giving everything in her being to try to be angry at this boy was an understatement. How in the hell could she be feeling so hurt, gutted to her core with tears burning at her cheeks, and still put no blame on the blonde boy before her? Oh yeah... love.

Slowly, the brunette began to straighten herself up, not wanting to be this broken in front of her... well... that was complicated now wasn't it. Nova had come back naively thinking that Jace would be waiting for her, that she would be coming home to her boyfriend, coming home to fall asleep next to him and kiss on him and love on him like she did before she left. Obviously, that wasn't an option now... so what was Jace to her? A friend? The brunette didn't know if she had the strength to do that right now. Of course she would be there if Jace asked, and protect him through anything, but she would need time between interactions, right? Or was she as far gone as she felt, and just so hopelessly in love with this boy that she would be at his beck and call if he asked? God, who was she kidding... if the blonde before her asked her to sleep next to him tonight she wouldn't say no. She couldn't. Jace was... well, Jace was her home. And as much as that had been shattered before her, all she wanted was familiarity right now.

"What do you mean by that?" The words were slightly sputtered as Nova wiped at her eyes, the spots of wet darkening her yellow sweater. "What do you mean by not wanting to lose me? Because Jace I-" Doubt filled her mouth for a second, shutting her up and allowing her a moment to rethink. Nova took pride in always being open and honest about her feelings with the blondie, and she didn't feel like this was the right time to break said honesty.

"I didn't want to lose you either," Hazels met blues before she continued. "I worried every day that I would come home and someone would've taken you. And I hated father, hated my family, hated myself that I couldn't just tell you what was going on. God, these last three months?" Nova gestured her hand at the space between them as if those three months were standing between them. "These last three months were hell. All I could do was check social media, everyone's social media, to see if you were okay. And the only thing I could think of was coming home and seeing you and you're just... you're you," She almost chuckled as she said it, a half-sad half-dreamy smile gracing her lips and conflicting her tear-brimmed eyes. "And even now, you've literally told me you have feelings for someone else and I'll I wanna do it freakin' kiss you and tell you how much I missed you and it hurts because I don't think it would do anything. And I'm just so stupid to think that you wouldn't go on living your life because of course you would. I'm just," She took a minute to pause, gently tossing her hands into the air and letting them fall back down at her sides. "I'm just a dumb girl who is very in love with you."

A moment went by before Nova inhaled sharply, remembering her original point.

"So when you say you don't want to lose me... what do you mean?"

Winona Winona

Jace
Confused.gif

God, that... was an impossible question to answer it felt like. Jace was quiet for a moment, hesitant. Why was Nova even so in love with him? It wasn't like he deserved her love -- Jace was a disaster. Hell, his own parents didn't even want him. So why would this girl, this picture of perfection, in front of him care so much about losing him? That's probably what hurt the most. That she was so in love with him, and Jace could piece together why she was. He was... just the awkward older brother of Ash. Most people didn't even know his name, that's all they knew him as -- all he'd ever been, even to his parents. Ash's brother. Ash's failure of an older brother.

He wasn't attractive, he wasn't confident. Jace wasn't sweet like Caleb, or charming like Zach. He wouldn't stand up for his girlfriend like Ryder, or be there for her like Mads, or make her laugh like Ian. Or even... okay, well at least he was better than Kanen. But that wasn't hard to do since all you had to do, was not be a drug selling mafia member. But his point being that there were plenty of perfect guys for Nova, and here she was saying that all she wanted was him.

"I mean that... no matter what happens between us..." Jace hesitated, and he had no idea how to even voice this. "I just... want to be your friend, even if we don't end up together. Nova, I will always be there for you, no matter what. I will always care about you, and I will always love you, and I'll be there for you through everything, if you want me to. I just..." he just couldn't be there how she wanted him to be there, or so he was fairly sure. As much as he cared for Nova, being with her wasn't the same as being with Theo.

"I'm going to... go. I'm sorry." Jace said, and without another word, he turned and started back towards his room.

txlos txlos

Aaron

As Drake peeked forward, so did Aaron. He subconsciously leaned in a bit closer, which shouldn’t have even been possible, turning again to Drake, cautious. Whatever this next order of business was, it must have had some more gravity to it, right?

Again, Aaron was wrong.

“It’s just kissing,” Aaron said, “You press your lips together and part them- It’s easy.”

And then Drake had to go and be a dumbass.

He shared a glance with Maisie, eyes narrowing and mouth tilting down as he turned back to Drake.

“If you’re serious about being with someone, do you really want to be kissing someone else? Especially when you’re paying them in weed?” He was quiet about that last part, glancing at Mason to make sure he wasn’t paying attention and- That was a mistake. Looking away now.

It was around that time Aaron realized that he liked weed, and he knew how to kiss. And Drake was a friend, even. It would be nice to kiss him, right? Maybe? Not really, but there would be weed afterwards, and maybe they could do something fun.

Jesus, when had he gotten so needy?

His face softened, and he said, “If you really want some help, for weed, I would be willing to show you.”

The conversation continued, Aaron finding himself surprisingly lulled by Drake’s nonsense filling the ride, before finally they arrived.

He didn’t clamber out nearly as fast as some of the others, instead almost leisurely going to the back of the minivan initially only for his things, but then he saw what Carter had, and he was immediately side-tracked. He grabbed a cup after Maisie, silently pouring himself a cup and downing it.

Nova

It almost bloomed the slightest bit of anger within Nova as the blonde said that he loved her. And while she knew what he meant, that he cared for her and wanted her to be happy, it hurt that love meant two different things between them right now. Watching Jace walk away only solidified that, and the brunette could feel her eyes glazing, her body aching and heavy. There was nothing she could do, and part of her didn't want to do anything. All she ever wanted was for Jace to be happy, and if that meant his happiness blossomed with someone else, who was she to be sad over it? After all the shit the blonde has been through... he deserved everything he wanted out of life. Even if she was no longer the romantic source of his happiness.

Feeling numb, mindless tears running down her face, Nova turned towards the door. She didn't know where she was going, what with the snow outside, her lack of transportation, not to mention her inability to motivate herself to even pull her phone out of her pocket. And thinking of the range of emotions, along with all these inconveniences, just exhausted her. Nova wanted to go home, but she wasn't quite sure where that was.

Grabbing the handle of the cabin, not paying much attention, she felt her heart beginning to lurch again, her lips pressing into a thin line as more tears welled at her eyes, and god, would they ever stop coming? As she opened the large door, cool air hitting her hot face, she could only hope that the drop in temperature would freeze the droplets and make the rest disappear.

Neck Tie

coQBab3.gif

Neck Tie didn’t expect Kanen to just walk away from him. Then again he never expected Kanen to come back to begin with. So it was as if nothing had changed. That didn’t stop Neck Tie from feeling sad, though. He didn’t know why Kanen reacted that way. Was it something he did? Or did Kanen still hate him from before? Back in the auditorium, he was only trying to stop Kanen from beating someone else into a pulp and getting himself in trouble. He knew there was a more empathic, less violent side to Kanen even if all of Westbrook didn’t believe it.

It wasn’t long before Kanen was gone. Neck Tie nearly trailed after him, at least one of his feet did – but the other foot was stayed by the voice of his dad telling him to stay away from Kanen. He couldn’t disappoint Dad again. Taking off to Boston with Alaska was already one stunt too many for his old man, another would likely have given him a heart attack. Elise also told him he wasn’t to see Kanen, because Kanen was a criminal. He didn’t believe her, but that was beside the point.

He felt numb. Not just because of Kanen leaving, but because he was freezing cold and there was frost on his nose and lips and eyebrows. Ash suggested that they headed inside and got some sort of welcome party started. Neck Tie hated parties, for reasons that were hardly a secret to anybody, although the older boy seemed adamant. Neck Tie was just going to slip back into his room and check up on Casper, maybe get some unpacking done. Hopefully there would be good news for him, as Casper will have decided by then that he wanted the bottom bunk!

It was on his way back into the cabin that he bumped into a familiar face. Not just any familiar face, but a sad, sad, sad, familiar face. Neck Tie hadn’t seen Nova since he fell out with Jace on college day. But why did she look so sad? It broke Neck Tie’s heart to see her like that. Obviously Jace had mistreated her in some way, but who knew exactly what happened?

For a moment, Neck Tie was at a loss for words. He wasn’t sure if Nova wanted to see him right now. For all he knew, he could be the last person she wanted to see in the whole world. For surely Jace must have made up plenty of lies about him and how they fought. Knowing Jace, there was no way he would have given her the whole truth.

‘H. . . hi, Nova,’ Neck Tie stammered. ‘Are. . . are you OK?’

More importantly, there was something that he needed Nova to know, for he was privy to a dirty little secret which Jace and his new lover were desperate to keep from her. But Nova deserved to know. . . She had a right to know that Jace hadn’t been faithful to her.

Neck Tie was no stranger to the feeling of being betrayed by Beanie Boy. But he would be heartless if he allowed Nova to suffer the same feeling. Neck Tie thought Nova was a perfect girl and she didn't deserve to go through whatever Jace was planning on putting her through. ‘I. . . um. . .’ he began stammering. His whole frame shaking a little. ‘There’s something you need to—’ He froze, his gaze fell at his shoes.

He felt a lump in his throat. He remembered the moment he saw Jace and Nova together for the first time. It was in the auditorium, when they were first discussing the musical, and at that time Neck Tie thought they were the sweetest couple in the world. The two of them were so happy together. But it had been a lie, all of it. From the start till the end.

And he was partly responsible for it. It was Neck Tie who convinced Jace to apologise to Nova when their relationship broke down, after Jace screamed like a girl and hid behind Grace. Neck Tie had a part to play the heartbreak that was to follow. He couldn't help holding himself accountable for whatever Nova was going through right now.

‘The other day, I—’ Neck Tie tried, but he stumbled again, and this time fell into silence. Theo and Jace hadn’t just threatened to hurt him if he exposed their dirty secret, otherwise he would have told Nova in a heartbeat. They’d threatened to hurt Casper as well.

‘I’m sorry,’ Neck Tie said, ‘I can’t—’

He felt sick to the stomach, but he couldn’t let them hurt Casper like that. Casper was his best friend, and he would never hurt or betray his best friend the way Jace hurt and betrayed him.

txlos txlos Winona Winona High5ives High5ives PenguinFox PenguinFox mentions: mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Last edited:

Ian nodded in acknowledgement to Ash. Given that he walked away when Stu came up and he didn't seem to like Ian, Ash was probably the most likely person to get Kanen to come have a little fun. He looked over to Daniel to see if he would be joining him before walking with Stu over to the cabin. Ian had to admit he was relieved to finally be going inside. He was a California boy and was definitely not built for this kind of weather, not that he'd let anyone know he was cold. Soon though his bones would be warmed with alcohol. Well, alright that's a myth about alcohol but whatever, Ian was just glad to get out of the cold.

As Ian and Stu approached the door it opened and Ian stopped dead in his tracks, typical grin dropping just as quick. His heart lurched forward and fell seeing that face again. It couldn't possibly be her could it? Sure she traveled, but all the way across to the other coast? He was glad he hadn't started drinking yet or he would have spit it out or choked having seen this girl before him. Ian felt a deep pain in his chest when he noticed this girl's tears, bringing him back to his old neighborhood. Days that seemed so far gone now. If this wasn't who Ian thought it was, they could practically be related. He opened his mouth to speak, to ask if it was possible that what used to be his whole world was back in his life, but Stu beat him to it, greeting the girl in the doorway as Nova.

Ian's heart fell further, it wasn't her. It felt as though his feet were being anchored by his heart at this point. Ever the optimist though, Ian breathed a sigh of relief. He wouldn't have even known where to start if it was her. After all, it hurt to even think her name, talking to her would be excruciating. Ian was pulled back to reality by Stu's awkward stammering. He gave this Nova girl an empathetic smile. It was clear there was something going on with her, but he wouldn't pry when it wasn't his place. He looked from Stu to Nova and then leaned against the porch railing before speaking up. "Do you want to talk about anything?" he asked her softly. Sure she didn't know who Ian was, but people don't know their therapist until the first session right? It's not that different from talking to a stranger like Ian. "Or not talk about anything?" he offered, holding up the bottle in his hand. He shrugged noncommittally so as to not make her feel pressured.

Ian's voice felt weird; he hadn't spoken that gently in what felt like forever. He had been nice to people yeah, but this was different- this was the voice he used to use when he talked to Caroline. The name felt like a knife in Ian's gut, but he smiled through the pain. This girl in front of him, who most definitely was not the girl he originally thought she was, seemed like she needed help and Ian hoped to try and do just that. He looked to Stu for backup, obviously he knew her so maybe he could offer some help that Ian couldn't. Dede Dede txlos txlos mentions: High5ives High5ives Winona Winona

Nova

The last person Nova expected to run into on her way out was the little freshman before her. Stu and her hadn’t ever had a poor interaction, but she didn’t particularly choose his company over another’s. Although right now? Nova would’ve taken Kanen in the doorway before her if it meant someone would be nice to her. And for some reason, this boy whom she both didn’t know very well and didn’t choose to spend her time with was doing just that; being nice to her. The action almost made her tears spill faster as she clutched at the the sleeves of her sweater, pulling them up and over her hands to shield her fingers from the harsh cold outside.

It became clear that Nova wasn’t the only one distraught here, as her mind shifted from this want of people to be kind to the stammering freshman before her. He seemed nervous, anxious even. Or maybe scared... the look on Stu’d face wasn’t one that the brunette recognized on him. Stu was mainly a happy little man, plotting around with a smile on his face and a spring in his step. So why was he so nervous now? He said he needed to tell her something, but what would that something be that would make him so... terrified? She’d been gone for months, it’s not like much else could effect her after coming home to her boyfriend saying he had found someone else but hey! He would always love her. Even the sarcasm of that thought in Nova’s head felt like needles in her temples, but she pushed past it for now.

About to open her mouth to ask Stu if he was alright, Nova was interrupted by a stranger appearing at the boy’s side, holding what looked to be clear liquor. Rum? Vodka? The contents weren’t important, but Nova found herself eyeing the paint-thinner liquid as if it could offer some sort of relief. Anyway, the guy. Right. He was tall, and resembled something between a frat boy and an extra on Teen Beach Movie. He looked... well, he looked pretty put together. It almost made Nova stagger backwards and want to cry more because as she was standing there, red eyed and sniffly, she could only wish she looked that okay with life. Okay with herself. Okay with this situation. Okay like this stranger, his body supported by the railing behind him, looking completely nonchalant, looking like someone who knew how to have a good time, looking like someone who could probably cause a lot of trouble.

Nova wasn’t too in to trouble. She’d had her fair share of it back home, with men who didn’t treat her right, who didn’t know how to express their feelings, who only wanted her for- not a good idea. Nova shook her head slightly as those thoughts began to crawl back to the forefront of her mind. The horrible men she had been with, the men who hurt her and lied to her, the ones that Jace had unconsciously pushed to the back of her memory. And-

And he spoke so softly.

The stranger.

Nova’s eyes looked from the bottles to his face, her head tilting a little in both confusion and gratitude. This guy didn’t know her, he could’ve just gone about his day, gone inside, and not said another word to her. But he spoke so softly, as if he had genuine concern for this year stained girl he had never met before. And maybe it was the ashes of her heartbreak or the want to forget, but the gentleness that this guy in front of her had was enough to convince Nova to reach out and snag the bottle from him, and what? The brunette knew she wasn’t a drinker. She knew that Jace would’ve been disappointed in her. She knew that her brain and alcohol would probably lead to a bad mistake but god she didn’t give a shit. Twisting the cap off, Nova pressed the tip of the bottle to her lips, only wincing slightly as she took two hefty gulps. The fire down her throat as almost welcome, since it wasn’t fire started by an attempt to hold back tears, it was something she had some semblance of control over. And as she capped the fire liquid, Nova took a small step forward, handing it back and looking between the nice stranger and Stu before taking a long, deep breath.

“I don’t want to go back in that house,” She sighed, shaking her head a little. And the statement was the only thing that Nova was sure of at the moment. All she knew for certain was that she did not want to walk back through those doors.

PenguinFox PenguinFox Dede Dede

Last edited:
A L I C E
STATUS
Mood ~ Surprised
Interacting with ~ Mads
Mentions ~ Dazzle Dazzle

Alice turned her head towards the new boy, raising an eyebrow. "Well, there's a whole lot of alcohol and some junk food. The only good thing there is a frozen pizza." Alice walked back to the refrigerator, throwing the remains of her apple into the trash. She opened the fridge door and peeked in. "But it says 'reserved'. " She walked back to her stool and looked at the boy. "Or you could have a fruit." Alice smiled, but she knew that he would probably go for the pizza. No one really likes fresh fruits anymore.
She looked at his backpack, then back at the boy. He had a smile on his face, so he was excited about the trip. At least someone is. But she decided to ask. "You excited about getting on the mountain?" Alice planned on skiing a bit, then sitting back and watching everyone else. Maybe get into a snowball fight. But very unlikely. Alice didn't have a snowball fight ever since she left Washington. And that was when she was a freshman. Besides, who would want to have fun with her? Almost everybody acted like Alice was invisible. And she tried to be.

Last edited:
STOVA VULT

image0.gif

He didn’t mean to make Nova feel worse than she already did. He never wanted to hurt her, not in a million years. Hell, Jace had probably done enough hurting for one day. But nothing Neck Tie said came out right or the way he intended. That was kind of the story of his life. He always made things worse than they already were. It didn’t help that he was stumbling over all his words. He couldn’t form a proper sentence if his life depended on it.

But he knew what he wanted, and that was for Nova to be happy. He couldn’t tell her what she needed to know, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t support her as she found out for herself. ‘I’m really sorry,’ Neck Tie said. Would Nova know what he was apologising about? It didn’t matter. She just needed to know that someone was there for her. Then he saw that she was cold and was clutching her sleeves. ‘You. . we probably should go inside,’ he said. ‘I saw a fireplace. Maybe we could—’

He paused a moment, suddenly realising that her eyes had turned to the stranger to his side. Truth be told, Neck Tie hated that the guy was there. Who did he think he was, asking her if she wanted to talk about anything? Of course she wouldn’t want to talk to a complete stranger about her personal relationship problems. The last thing she needed was others probing into her suffering, as if they could ever understand what she was going through. Why would she need that when a friend was there? Nova was his friend, right? At least, he thought so. And as her friend, Neck Tie would have personally dragged her away to safety, had it not seemed as though she was actually enjoying this stranger’s company.

Instead Neck Tie could only watch in horror as the guy lifted the bottle invitingly in front of her. He immediately thought the worst of him. The guy was clearly taking advantage of a broken-hearted girl. Why else would he tempt her like that, holding a bottle of vodka in her face? Not to mention the guy sounded unnaturally weird, almost as if he was hitting on her. To his even greater horror, Nova snatched the bottle from his hand and chugged on the vodka without a care in the world.

He panicked. He wanted to take the bottle off her right then and there, but she was practically an adult (after all she was dating a senior) and he was practically a child. She was technically old enough to drink if she wanted to, who was a little freshman to say otherwise? The guy even had the nerve to look his way for support, as if Neck Tie would ever condone such a thing. He would never, never tempt Nova to drink her problems away, let alone a stranger! He only knew too well what alcohol could do to a person in grief, and especially what would happen if one went down that path at one’s most vulnerable moment. Sure, alcohol was soothing and it took the pain away, but not really. Not for long. You would only hurt twice as much the moment you were sober again. He’d seen it happen with Kanen, more times than he cared to remember. And he’d had it happen to himself. The very last thing he wanted was for Nova to end up like he did on a hospital bed, with tubes sticking out of her mouth and all that.

‘Are you. . .’ Neck Tie said, his stammer even worse than before. ‘Are you sure you’re going to be alright?’ He never took his eyes off that bottle. ‘I think. . . I think I’ll go inside now,’ he said. ‘I’ll see if we can get a fire going.’ Now he didn’t feel so well. He gave Nova a small nod, and a weak smile, before reluctantly scurrying away into the cabin and back to his room where he hoped to find Casper.

txlos txlos PenguinFox PenguinFox mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Last edited:
Sawyer
Almost immediately after meeting Akmal the four of them broke out into a full on snow fight. Snow was flying everywhere and Sawyer was priding herself on the fact that she had yet to be hit. Until she was. Sawyer froze momentarily and whirled around to see Grace standing behind her, looking as innocent as ever. Betrayed by her own girlfriend. How utterly tragic. Sawyer took this opportunity to take a step closer to Grace as she complemented her throwing skills. A grin grew on her face as she did so. The handful of snow melting in her hand was hidden by her body as she came face to face with her girlfriend.

"Thanks. I am a pretty good shot." Sawyer cocked her head to the side as Akmal and Theo's snowballs whizzed about around them, "But do you want to see something really cool?" She didn't wait for an answer, "Watch this." Sawyer's snow filled hand came around and connected directly with Grace's cheek effectively smearing snow all over the side of her face. Jumping back before Grace could retaliate, Sawyer laughed heartily.

"That's a nice look for you, babe. You should consider using it more often." Sawyer bent down to gather more ammunition ready to defend herself from whatever Grace planned on doing.

Soap Soap

Drake
Big LAUGH.gif

He hadn't full expected either of him to take him on the offer -- or, rather, to suggest themselves. And maybe Drake was a little disappointed that Maisie shot down his idea so fast because okay, if he was going to practice kissing, maybe trying it on Maisie wouldn't be the worst idea. After all she was pretty and cute and she liked cats, and she was always so sweet and like, wow, Drake wished that he was half as pure and perfect as she was. Anyway, she happened to say no.

But Aaron offering was a different story. Not that Drake was opposed to kissing him, but they were friends and maybe he didn't feel entirely the same way about Aaron as he did Maisie. But... well why? It just felt wrong, it felt weird. Drake was still hellbent on making sure that his first kiss counted and even as he looked at Aaron as he offered, well... maybe it just didn't feel special enough to him or something. Well now he felt kind of horrible, but there was time to refuse or... something.

The van finally pulled into the ski resort, and Drake was quick to vault himself over the seat after Mason had exited, and hop out, grinning as he looked around. He quickly forgot about his friends, instead partially bunny hopping his way towards the ski resort. Alcohol had never been something to appeal strongly to him. Instead of giving him a high that made him feel happy and weightless like drugs, alcohol tended to weigh him down and make him feel almost... dead.

Drake headed into the cabin, pushing open the front door and looking around with wide silver eyes, a huge grin forming on his face. "Hot damn, this is beautiful." He said with a laugh to himself, before he started into the house to look for a quiet bathroom or empty bedroom to have some ah... alone time. Yes.

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties Soap Soap

Ian's eyebrows raised a little behind his aviators as Nova took the bottle and took a couple swigs. That hadn't been exactly what he had meant when he offered her a drink, but if it helped than who was he to argue? Though, doing this inside would probably be safer. Luckily Stu suggested they go inside and Ian was grateful the little guy seemed to have his back in this endeavor to help the girl in front of them.

When Nova handed the bottle back to Ian she said she didn't want to go back inside. He was going to strongly suggest otherwise, for both hers and his own sake, but what if the reason she was upset was inside the house? Forcing her back inside would be the opposite of helping. He figured Stu would have the same train of thought, but evidently he did not. Maybe he couldn't take the cold, maybe he didn't realize that it wasn't helpful, or maybe he didn't actually like Nova. Whatever the reason, Stu had decided to head inside anyway, abandoning Ian to try and console a person he didn't know. Maybe after a bit of a talk he and Stu could have convinced her to go inside, but apparently Stu didn't have that kind of patience.

Speaking of not knowing, he hadn't yet introduced himself. "Oh, uh sorry-" he awkwardly scratched the back of his head. "I'm Ian." he put the bottle back into his bag and held out his hand to shake. "I moved to Westbrook from California back in November." he gave a small chuckle. "It's definitely a lot colder here than I expected." He set his bag down on the porch and stuffed his hands into his denim jacket. "Are you a Westbrook native? Can't say I've seen you around." Besides her doppelganger that also happened to be his ex, but that wasn't the point. "Granted, I haven't been in Westbrook too long, but I'm pretty sure I'd remember seeing you-" he paused for a moment. "-You look a lot like someone I used to know." he hoped this small talk would be of some small comfort. Some sort of normalcy that people needed on occasion. If she was up to discussing her problems, she would. He wouldn't pull it out of her. txlos txlos Dede Dede

Nova

Nova felt the mixture of embarrassment, alcohol and sharp weather creating that familiar blend of pale crimson on her cheeks and nose, giving herself away even in her countless attempts to hide it. So much for hating crying, as she stood there holding back tears from a complete stranger. Not only a complete stranger, but a stranger whose vodka bottle she nonchalantly chugged from and handed back. Wanting to redeem herself, if possible, the brunette wiped some of the dampness from her eyes and turned to look down at Stu- who was gone. She had heard him say something about wanting to talk but figured the cold had probably gotten to him as it was starting to get to her. Cold or not though, there was no way Nova was about to step foot back into the cabin. At least, not for a few minutes. The cold felt nice, in a sense, beating against her otherwise heated body. Heated by confusion, heated by heartbreak, heated by this burning feeling that was still inside her that something wasn't right and damn could it just go away already?

It wasn't until the movement of a hand being outstretched towards her that her eyes came back from whatever depth they had been involuntarily staring into. Her hazel eyes floated up then, catching dark browns. They were unfamiliar, and slightly intimidating. Nothing like Jace's blues, that were soft and inviting and Jesus Nova, give it a rest.

Ian. His name was Ian.

"Nova," The petite girl managed out, shaking the boy's hand and shuttering slightly. Her hands were like ice, and his held the opposite. He was from California, which just about gave all the explanation for the frat boy look that she had assumed earlier. He just looked like he was from California. None the less, Nova nodded in his direction and sat down on the front porch's steps, the cement cold and seeping through the thin fabric of her jeans. "I am not from here actually," A sigh fell out of her, but this one of relief. Talking about something other than Jace was good for her right now, right? Small talk, introduction... this was good. The brunette could feel the tightness in her stomach settling by five percent as she exhaled before going on. "I'm actually from Seattle, so the cold is kind of... homey." But even for homey, being out in the cold in nothing but this cute and highly dysfunctional sweater was enough to raise goosebumps onto the surface of her skin. Not that she minded... she didn't really mind anything at the moment.

"So how're you liking Westbrook, Ian?" The question held only the smallest ounce of malice, for it wasn't her favorite place in the world at the moment. "Have you been sucked in to all the fuckery yet or is it still sunshine and roses?" Nova winced at how sarcastic she sounded, hugging herself as she looked out at the snow that had piled, wishing she could dig a hole in the snowbank and stay there for a while. She only hoped said sarcasm didn't give a bad impression of her to Ian.

PenguinFox PenguinFox

Mads

Mads smiled shaking his head, not even surprised that the fridge was full of alcohol. "I mean it is a party." He put on of his hands down on the counter leaning into it. "I guess we should be surprised there is even fruit in the fridge." Was fruit even supposed to be refrigerated? Mads thought to himself, dazing out on the idea. He really was hungry he couldn't focus at all.

"Is there another apple in there? Could you toss me one." Madison pushed himself off the counter taking a step towards Alice, running his hand through his hair, rubbing the back of his neck. Long car rides hurt. "I'm Madison by the way, but everyone calls me Mads for the post part." He smirked.

"So excited, I haven't been in forever." He wanted to head out on the mountain ASAP, but he was so sore from the car ride he really wasn't up to it that night. "Do you board?" Mads raised his eyebrows.

For the first time in a while Madison was distracted from everything that had been going on in his life. The passed few years had been living hell, this one being the worst of them all. All he was hoping for at this point was a better new year. Basketball would be starting in a few weeks, even if the team did suck at least it would be a distraction.

A Little Cloud A Little Cloud
She looked at his backpack, then back at the boy. He had a smile on his face, so he was excited about the trip. At least someone is. But she decided to ask. "You excited about getting on the mountain?" Alice planned on skiing a bit, then sitting back and watching everyone else. Maybe get into a snowball fight. But very unlikely. Alice didn't have a snowball fight ever since she left Washington. And that was when she was a freshman. Besides, who would want to have fun with her? Almost everybody acted like Alice was invisible. And she tried to be.

Raven
tumblr_ppjto1h6F51tz73b6o6_400.gif

Raven did her best to ignore Mason's comments, but didn't ignore the fact Carter that she basically ran from the two. Look, she was cool with flirting. But if there was even the closest possibility he was serious. That kind of bothered her and she wasn't sure why. Raven had her own girl, and she was more than fine with staying with her little bird.

With a sigh, she grabbed her bags and walked into the cabin. God damn it. Rich people really need to learn how to spend their money. She shook her head and threw her bags near the couch, unzipping her jacket and taking a seat next to the fireplace. Not to sound like an pyromaniac or something, but Raven loved fire. Not enough to set her own house on fire, obviously. It was just calming to her, maybe it was the warmth that emanated from it. Or the light glow that surrounded it. It was just... comforting.

Maybe she should've stayed home, coming might've been a bad idea. She pulled out her phone to text Nancy, just because she came on a small vacation or whatever didn't mean she couldn't check up on them. Right? Wrong. Her phone was dead. Great. Raven tossed it to the side and stared into the fire as if it'd have an answer for the countless problems she felt like she had.

@noonereally.

Caleb
HardHideousAdder-small.gif

Right. Of course. Snow. Caleb felt like an extreme idiot talking to her. He swayed on his heels and nodded in agreement with her. "That's good, that you're fine." Wow... whatever happened to flirty Caleb? Surely Serena in this moment would think there was something seriously wrong with him, but besides Serena those other girls he wasn't really interested in. They were all... too fake for Caleb.

Besides, Serena, obviously. But unimportant. She hated him now so... that's the way it was going to stay. There was nothing he could do about it. Stupid rumors. Caleb kicked a clump of snow gently and looked back up to Ava as she answered his question. "Oh. The west cabin thing." Yeah, he was staying there too... because well, everyone else was. Why waste money when you could just crash with... half the school.

He raised in eyebrows in surprise at her small outburst, and actually laughed, of course it wasn't an insult. It had just... been a while since he genuinely laughed. "Yeah, yeah you're right." He shrugged, and his smile gradually faded as the seconds passed in silence. So, she was funny. Without trying, mind you, and that was refreshing.

"I'm also staying at the west cabin thing. My family can't really buy a whole ski resort. So... I guess we're roommates for the time being." He smiled towards her, he had a feeling Ava didn't care much for 'fake smiles.' If so, it was a good thing he wasn't faking it then.

Winona Winona
Grace
tumblr_inline_pkalb4yR7s1t9ndkh_1280.gif

Why was she just a target for snow? Grace did nothing wrong! Well, yes, she's in a snowball fight. It's bound to happen. But there's plenty of other targets. She gasped as the cold snow made contact with her cheek and her lovable gaze faltered instantly. She didn't respond to Sawyer's 'compliments.' And she eyed her for a few moments and thought which was the best course of retaliation as she bent down to pick up snow. Wouldn't it be simple to just...

Grace didn't hesitate another second, tackling her girlfriend onto the pile of snow underneath them. Grabbing a handful of snow and pointing it towards Sawyer's face. "You betrayed me first." She raised an eyebrow awaiting for her reply, fighting back a smile that was threatening to come out.

She took ahold of Sawyer's arm with her free hand, effectively pinning one arm down with her own just incase the blonde had other ideas. "Tell me why I shouldn't end you right here, traitor."

KingofAesir KingofAesir
Juliette
tumblr_npnjztMyP41qhg6ebo2_250.gif

Juliette's jaw dropped at Ava's comment. Jeez. What the hell has gotten into her? She opened her mouth to spit back an insult, but before she could Zach had told her he had her back, and she turned her attention to him and smiled genuinely. Forget Ava's pissy attitude. "Me? Snowboarding? Please." Looking towards Ava for a second she got hit by another snowboarder. Ha. Karma.

Her smile widened at his flirts. "Any other way huh? Well, maybe I'll pick up skiing, or like, whatever it is you do. I'm sure I could use a teacher." Juliette never had a problem with flirting, as long as it was just flirting. She'd never cheat on her boyfriend, and he wouldn't do the same to her.

Though if Bryan ever flirted with another girl. Well, that was a total different story and a total different JJ. She's lucky her boyfriend wouldn't be so stupid, there'd be hell to pay.

Dazzle Dazzle
Maisie
tumblr_inline_ojotjeYg7A1ravrtw_1280.gif

Oh. So her name was Carter, she got it right. Cool. Maisie furrowed her eyes at the board and shook her head. Clearly surprised at Carter's invitation to teach her. "Uh..." What else was she supposed to do? Hang out with Drake? Surely he was already all over Belle so, what was the point in that? "Yeah, sure." She glanced down at her bag and sighed.

She didn't really want to carry her bag all around, or feel like learning how to snowboard at the moment. Maisie just wanted to curl up into a ball and lay down. That sounded nice. "Actually, do you think we could do that like, tomorrow? Or like soon... I'm not really up for it today." Giving a small smile towards Carter and making her way into the rather large cabin.

This was huge compared to Alaska's mansion, totally different. And... just woah. Jeez. People with money were really something... Maisie strolled through the house, looking for an empty room to throw her bag in and just flop onto the bed. However, when she opened the door it wasn't an empty room she'd saw.

It was Drake.

"Uh... sorry. I'll just... go..." Her words were picked extremely carefully, full with hesitation and shock as she realized she walked in on him taking... whatever drugs he was doing. "Is... that why you're acting so weird? Because of... that."

Winona Winona Dazzle Dazzle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back