• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Mason
Hair Flip.gif

His face hurt. His whole body hurt, but he was glad when Jamie was pulling Alaska away. June came up and started wiping the blood away from his face, and Mason didn't have the energy to stop her. And then Alaska was yelling accusations at him. Mason narrowed his eyes and jumped to his feet, glaring at her. "Get off your fucking high horse and stop acting as if you were there for him this whole fucking time, Alaska. You knew just as much as I did, and neither of us did anything. So don't act as if you're fucking high and above me, because you are nothing." Hell, Alaska didn't even know most of it. No one did. Drake liked to brush it all off, act as if nothing was wrong, until it was eating him away so badly that Mason barely recognized him.

And for god's sake, he'd tried! Mason had tried to help Drake over and over, but it was so difficult, and there was only so much someone could do. Both him and Adriane had talked with Drake, tried to get him to open up, to pry and find out if he was even taking his medication. And every time, Drake would just laugh and brush it off, and avoid the question. What was he supposed to do? Mason stole his drugs and painkillers and threw them out whenever he could, but his little brother was like a free drug magnet. Everyone loved him, so they just kept giving him more, and Drake got smarter about hiding it. Mason couldn't follow him around all day every day, and half the time, he was too exhausted from trying to take care of Ari to think about any of it.

And then Mason finally noticed June, and looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. "What the hell are you doing?" he asked, his tone still rough from just handling Alaska. Of course, before the conversation could continue much longer, he heard crying and turned to see Ari standing with his mother. Yes, for some stupid reason, his horrible mother had brought Ariana down and let her watch Mason fight Alaska. He mumbled some curse words under his breath, and then crouched down, holding his arms out towards his daughter.

Ari, still crying, ran up to Mason and wrapped her arms tightly around him. "No fight." She said, whimpering as he straightened back up and stroked her hair. "It's okay, no more fights. I promise." Mason murmured to Ari, and finally seemed to relax a bit as he looked at June. "Uhh, thanks... for the towel and stuff." He mumbled.

Moonshadow Moonshadow a z u l a a z u l a

-----------------------------------

Adriane
ADRIANE.jpg

To be fair, she'd started the fight less because she felt "intimidated" and more because she was just tired of the snarky look at this bitch's damn face. Now, she hadn't expected Raven to be strong enough to beat her up, and although Adriane tried to get a few punches in, she honestly wasn't sure if any of them had hit their target. After Raven finally got off and started walking away, Adriane pushed herself up and wiped at her face, struggling to stop herself from wincing.

"Please. Don't tell me how to parent, you fucking psycho whore." She grumbled, pushing herself up and ignoring Raven. Adriane started out onto the stage to meet up with Mason, but stopped when she saw him talking with June. Again. Adriane hesitated, and then turned and headed out of the auditorium to wait for him.

Soap Soap

------------------------------------

Ash
Right.gif

She peeked through her fingers to glare at him. "Don't lie to me. I know it was bad." Ash groaned once more, and then dropped her hands from her face, leaning back in the seat and listening as Ryder spoke and mentioned the whole sobering up thing, which just earned a laugh from her. "Yes, right. How do you like... sober up if you're high?" Did food do the same thing with weed as it did alcohol? Ash had only done the stupid drugs once, and she just passed out until she'd sobered up.

And then, Ryder mentioned her family and Ash thought she might scream. Right. "Oh no. My mom is going to kill me, and then my dad is going to kill me even more. I'm going to be buried in the backyard right next to Jace's stupid rabbit." Alright, so obviously she was overthinking it a bit and panicking, but the idea of home just scared her. Both of her parents were terrifying when they were angry on their own, but together, they were a serious force to be reckoned with. Normally, Ash would see if she could stay at a friend's house, but seeing as how she had burned every possible bridge, well... she'd have to suck it up.

"Fine. I will eat your stupid food." Ash finally decided, fumbling with the seat buckle for a moment before she finally got it undone and nearly smacked herself in the face with it. "But only because I don't want to ever go home, fairly certain I can't show up to JJ's party, and you're really fucking cute." Alright, so the last part hadn't been part of what Ash had intended to say, but it was out there. And so, acting as if it hadn't even happened, Ash opened the car door and got out, although she was still a little dizzy and swayed for a moment when she got out before making her way towards the restaurant.

a z u l a a z u l a

Raven
tumblr_pnbllrOzTW1wpsy3do4_400.gif

Raven was amused at the redhead's insults, she was honestly terrible at them. Not sparing glance her way, grabbing her bag, throwing it over her shoulder, and walking off, making her way down the steps and her eyes landed on Mason who... looked more beat up than she when she left him. June was with him, Adriane probably hated that too. Passing by them without a glance in June's direction, it wasn't like she hated her. But she wasn't exactly happy with her either after their conversation she overheard between Mason and June in the supply closet earlier, shaking her head at Mason. "Keep an eye on your baby mama, she might have a concussion." Raven left it at that, and didn't answer any questions he might've had. There probably was a small bruise forming on her cheekbone, so maybe that answered it for him.

Her eyes landed on Alaska, who was hugging someone who she could only guess it was her father. Deciding to leave them be for a private moment, they'll talk about everything later. Raven was actually interested in that conversation and wondered what the hell they were exactly. Leaving the school altogether, only making a little ways outside before she heard a voice. "You were great tonight." Raven stopped in her tracks, she knew that voice. Of course she knew that voice. Daring to turn around and coming face to face to the woman she'd thought she'd never see again at this point. "Mom?" Walking closer to her, as if to see if she was even real. She's been gone for months. Months. Her jaw dropped. "What the fuck are you doing here? Are the police still looking for you? No, stop, you should go." Raven told her and asked many questions that Andrea looked like she was still processing.

"No, someone... never mind, that's dealt with." She crossed her arms, lifting one hand to pick at her nails as she made eye-contact with her. Raven was shocked, she didn't know what to say, or do. She just stood there, and suddenly she was pulled into a hug. Surprisingly to even herself, she returned the hug. "I'm.. uh.. glad you're not dead." She'll find out more answers later, Raven pulled away from the rather awkward hug, and yawned. She was still so exhausted. Part of her thought she could've been dreaming. Was she even real?

Winona Winona ? look man, idk what i'm doing but this is what happened. For the record this was my plan before you asked about guardians and stuff.
Grace
tumblr_inline_pkmaxjd8DT1rqmlml_1280.gif

She tried to calm herself down, taking a deep breath. She thought she had it. But as soon as Sawyer pulled her into a hug and she realized she was crying, Grace just broke down. Sobbing into her shoulder. God, when did everything get so complicated? She was done. No, she wanted to be done with everything. It just wasn't that simple. There was still so many things she had to talk about with her mother, at least try to, so much more to do with everything. But for right now... she could let go. It hurt. It just... hurt so much. Nothing she ever did was good enough. Because she wasn't enough.

Hugging her back tightly, Sawyer was her rock. Sometimes she felt like she was the only one she could really count on. She was always there for her, Always. Remembering that conversation that day when they'd talked about coming out to her mother and David, Sawyer didn't break her promise, and Grace was positive that she never would. Staying there for a few moments in her arms and she felt safe, no matter how many times Grace felt like she was in the darkness Sawyer was... her light at the end of a very long tunnel. No matter what she did though, she was still stuck in that tunnel.

She just wished that she didn't have to be there anymore. Steadying her shaky sobs, after a few deep breaths she pulled away from the hug. Leaning her forehead against hers. Swallowing the lump in her throat. "I love you." This time Grace didn't smile, she couldn't manage to do it. Moving her hand brushing her cheek gently to wipe Sawyer's tears away, this might've been only the second time she'd ever seen her cry, and twice was already more than enough. She spoke quietly, "Can we just...go." Grace didn't want to stay here longer than she had to.
KingofAesir KingofAesir

Juliette
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f64705752596d586266466c626a413d3d2d3330393536323635392e313437333339326337613065313236303939373230313539363231342e676966

After her rather... intense conversation with Ash, JJ calmed down a little now that she was by herself. If it hadn't been for Ryder, well, safe to say being drunk and high would've been the least of Ash's problems. Why did everyone insist that Bryan was cheating? Even Ash, Really? Juliette wasn't stupid, if Ash was even interested in Bryan she wouldn't of mentioned cheating or Bryan, she knew that the blonde was just strung out. But she could care less, JJ just wanted to have a good time tonight. So why not have one? She sat in her convertible mulling it over before she pulled up twitter and quickly sending a tweet. Maybe she might've been a little snarky to the blonde, who surprisingly had an okay comeback. Even if she wasn't happy with it, she had to give her props. Anyway, a party is exactly what she needed, well, what everyone needed after that shit show. It was kind of humorous. Her thoughts drifted to Ava, if Jules had found it funny, it was likely she did too. Biting her lip before making a decision.

'Hey Lonnie.. i'm having a party at my place. I doubt it's y'know... your scene or whatever. But it might be fun, come over?'

Pressing send and hoping she wouldn't regret it. What? Today might've been probably the only day in a really long time where they didn't glare at each-other in the hallways, or have an argument. Maybe it was possible to make amends? It wasn't like she missed her or whatever. That's stupid. Deciding to focus on the drive back home, and tuning the radio almost max volume. Her parents weren't home. So the perfect time for a party. Although to be fair... they weren't home most of the time. 'Mayor Jameson' had some kind of business trip or something, so naturally, her mother went with him, who pretends she's freaking Michelle Obama, just because her husband ran for small town Mayor and got actually won. Michelle Obama my ass.

However, her father being Mayor, and dedicating most of his life to work, it was always work. She guesses all of that had it's perks. Pulling up to the villa that she'd grown accustomed to over the years, Walking into the empty house, which would only be empty for a few moments. Everyone was likely to come. Juliette was popular, she wasn't surprised if the whole school showed up. Shutting the door behind her as a Yorkie ran up to her, tail wagging, seemingly excited that she was back home. "Precious! Hey, girl." Bending down to pet the dog, kissing her on the nose. "I think you're probably the only one who really loves me, huh?" She smiled at her, which lasted only for a few moments until it faded.

The house was fairly quiet while she walked into the kitchen, turning her head at the sound of footsteps. "Jules, are you hungry? I had put a plate aside for you." Guadalupe had said, blame Marmee. she was their maid, and probably the only person who kept her company most nights. She couldn't get upset at the old nickname, this was her family. Besides... she tried to get them to call her JJ, didn't really stick. Juliette shook her head and offered her a small smile. "No, Lupe. I'm okay, you should go home though. I'm just gonna crash.." Lupe narrowed her eyes, but nodded. She knew she was lying, oh well. Patting her on the shoulder and giving her a smile of her own, sighing as she heard the door shut behind her.

Quickly moving to the refrigerator, and tip-toeing for a split second as she reached up, searching for something on top of it. A victorious smile came onto her face once she'd gotten it, heading to the liquor cabinet and using the key she'd gotten. Her parents hadn't changed the hiding spot since she was a kid. They just never found out about her parties. Believe it or not, Juliette was highly responsible with not getting caught. There'd be hell to pay, and she wasn't exactly keen on getting caught anytime soon. Taking most of the alcohol and getting cups, placing them on the counter. "Alexa, play Despacito." And just like that, it felt almost on cue, there was a knock at the door.

Walking over to the door, waiting a moment before putting on a bright smile as she twisted the doorknob. A surprising amount of people had showed up at the same time, moving to the side as they made their way inside. Hopefully it'll be more interesting than the musical, okay, so it probably wouldn't be. She just means... maybe she'll have a better time here.

Here's to hoping.​

@partyyskip @soeveryonewho'sgoingtoparty @lookidiedfortheseposts Winona Winona (forTextToAva.)

Ava
Saying Wow.gif

It was well known that Ava completely hated anything to do with... well... people. So when her parents had tricked her into heading to the store for milk, and then refused to let her back into the house when she returned home. Rather angrily, Ava had thrown the milk to the ground and then drove herself to the musical. It ended up not being the worst thing to watch as the whole cast fell apart, and Ava actually ended up putting her phone down to watch the hilarious musical.

And as if it couldn't get any better, at the very end, fight after fight broke out. Ava stood up at her seat in the very back to see the fights better, and was quietly debating to herself on who would win. And then, the principal was knocked off the stage, and Ava couldn't believe it. This musical had to be the worst disaster ever, but she was here for it.

Once the musical was finally over, Ava headed out to her car and curled up in the driver's seat. She had no idea what to do, so she scrolled through Twitter for a bit. Of course there was going to be a party at JJ's house, and Ava rolled her eyes. She was about ready to head home when she got a text from JJ inviting her to the party.

Well, she might as well. If she went to this party, then her parents probably wouldn't make her leave the house for at least another month. So Ava drove her car over to JJ's, parking outside of the familiar home. She took in a couple deep breaths, readying herself, and then got out of her car and started up to the house. God. This sucked. This was a horrible idea. It was probably just some kind of joke from JJ to get her here for some kind of stupid prank... right?

Nervously, she headed inside, looking around at some of the other students that had come. Oh, this was not Ava's kind of party. Everyone was too... popular.

Sawyer

Leave. Sawyer could definitely do that. That's what she'd been planning on doing anyway, but now her destination had slightly changed. Sawyer had planned on just going home but now she figured somewhere more secluded and less likely to have her possibly high father stumble in. She nodded and pulled away from Grace only to reconnect their hands turning to walk down the hallway. Sawyer knew exactly were they could go where no one from school or their houses would be. She just hoped Kate didn't send a search party thinking Sawyer had kidnapped Grace. With her luck today that would be exactly what would happen, but she could care less.

"We can do that." Sawyer started walking off down the hall with Grace in tow and out toward the parking lot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A while later, Sawyer and Grace are sitting on the hood of her car on the very edge of an overgrown outlook. Sawyer was pretty certain this had once been a fairly popular place, maybe when Grace's mom was in highschool, but now it had fallen into nature. If you didn't know where you were going you would never find this place from the road. The only reason Sawyer knew about it was because she was an extraordinarily stupid kid and had almost fallen off the damn cliff her Freshman year trying to escape the clutches of one of her friends. From then on she only came when it was absolutely necessary. There were probably snakes or something everywhere and that was one of the few things she was terrified off.

"Um..this probably isn't very..." Sawyer swatted at a fly in between her words, "Comfortable. But I figured you didn't want to go to my house or JJ's party." Twitter had been crawling with people commenting on JJ's announcment and Sawyer w po uld rather avoid that right now. So here they were in the middle of the night in the middle of the woods a good few minutes off the road. And that goddamn fly was going to be the death of her. Sawyer slammed her hand d ok w on the hood of the car where the fly had landed and when she pulled back it lay there very dead. She flicked it away with her thumb and middle finger.

"I feel like I should have some inspirational speech or something, but I don't." Sawyer pulled her knees up to her chest, "My dad wasn't always the way he is, you know? I got lucky. My aunt's gay and she came out when she was our age. He's had time to....get used to it or whatever, said he wasn't always as...prideful as he is." She scratched the back of her head and sighed, "I guess what I'm trying to say is, sometimes it takes people a long time. That doesn't excuse anything she's done to you, but...god I don't know, that makes me sound like I'm on her side." Sawyer ran a hand down her face, "I'm not. I'm not. But your mom's been raised her whole life to believe certain things are wrong and it takes a lot to get rid of those beliefs. It takes a big person. Maybe she's just...not a big person." Sawyer knew she probably wasn't helping but she was just talking and couldn't seem to stop herself.

"But you are. You're better than her. I think David's better than her, hell, even Elise. I'm not saying you should just ignore her, she's your mom, but....I think maybe she's having a hard time too." Sawyer didn't know where this was coming from. She was trying so hard to justify things Kate had done for reasons she didn't understand. Sawyer didn't want Grace to lose her mother. That was it. She didn't want them to drift apart. As much as she hated to admit it, Grace needed her mom and to hell if Sawyer wasn't going to help keep then together.

Soap Soap

Mckenzie

There was a clatter as Kenzie kicked the empty soda can down the sidewalk for, like, the millionth time. She'd found it a block back and decided to make it her mission to get it all the way to the party's driveway. It was crushed in the middle and scuffed around the edges. How long had it been sitting outside to get in such a sorry state? She shook her head to clear her head of her stray thoughts. She had started to zone out again, wandering around pointlessly while she was lost in her own musings. Where even was she right now? She looked back the way she came and saw a house with a number of cars in the driveway, light spilling out of the windows. That... was probably the party. She passed it like some sort of idiot.

She jogged back, abandoning the soda can where it was. It had endured a long enough journey already, anyways. She slowed back to a walking pace as she walked up the driveway. All things considered, she wasn't as nervous as she would usually be in a situation like this. She just moved to Westbrook and she was crashing a popular people party, where she didn't know anyone and no one knew her. Hell, she hadn't even been invited. She just saw some tweets about it and decided she had nothing better to do. The longer she thought about it, the more anxious she got. This was a horrible idea. Why was she doing this? She took a deep, shuddering breath. "Chill, you'll be fine. You need friends. Meet new people. Have fun." She muttered this mantra to herself a few more times, before knocking on the door.​

Mia

Mood: High | Interacting with: Mckenzie | Mentions: Saradipity Saradipity

Mia threw up in the bathroom. It was her attempt at getting rid of the weed she’d just ingested. She knew it would do now good; it was already heading through her system, the drug making her slightly delirious. Thank god she’d only had one and a half.

It was embarrassing. Mia had made a fool of herself by laughing hysterically in the audience at a game notification on her phone. There was no real humor to the alert, but she’d giggled anyways. For a moment she feared going insane. All those years spent alone in the dark staring at a screen were catching up with her. When she saw the news on Twitter, though, she realized what was wrong.

Wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, Mia went to the sink and cleaned herself up. She splashed her face with water in an attempt to bring some level of alertness back to her body. Briefly, she debated taking more drugs more often if only to develop an immunity to them. Then she saw how stupid of an idea that was. This could not be good for her.

When she left the bathroom, the entire auditorium was a mess. Mia shuffled past the people fighting and yelling, her eyes set on getting out. It was claustrophobic in there and she didn’t want to be present any longer. Outside, she wandered the streets like a homeless person, trying to remember where her house was.

“What street am I at again?” she asked herself. A car drove by and Mia jumped, shouting profanities at the vehicle as if it was responsible for all her problems. She should’ve never left her home. Never. This outside world was scary.

Scoffing, Mia pressed on. She headed up to what she thought was her front door. Only it wasn’t, and she acknowledged that the moment she saw another girl standing at the welcome mat.

“Well, this isn’t my house,” Mia sighed, shaking her head. There was clearly a party going on, though. “Do you know what’s happening here?” she asked the girl, smiling lightly.

If anything, Mia was stubborn. She was determined to have friends in one way or another. ...she needed someone to lean on, and her mother was overseas on a business trip. It would be so much easier to have someone she could call up and meet whenever she was feeling low. If there was a party going on here, she might as well crash it. See if she likes anyone. Attempt to socialize like a normal human being.
code by Ri.a

Charlie McAllister

There's a song in my head: Ballet for a Rainy Day - XTC

Charlie had been out of school for about five months. He'd been born with a heart defect, but it never really became a problem until recently. Yeah, he was constantly short of breath and couldn't run, but nobody cared. They just sort of assumed he was being lazy and needed to shut the fuck up. His parents were very "we-can-heal-you-with-the-power-of-god", and had him and his siblings been born any later, they probably wouldn't have even been vaccinated. So it wasn't until the rare, rare doctor's visit Charlie had that they realized his heart was all kinds of screwed up. Holes and closed passages and all.

He was prepared and given a transplant around June of that year. Then spent months and months in recovery, making sure it was actually working, popping painkillers and being high and dizzy all the time. He vomited a lot. And he missed two months of his junior year of high school. Which his parents saw as no problem, they insisted Charlie be given the material and made him study, but he'd still probably be behind -- he could barely even read it.

But slowly, he did get better. His condition improved, he was on a bit less medication, and he'd stopped pissing in bed. Which meant it was high time he began returning to the world of the living, where he unfortunately belonged, instead of sitting inside petting his cat and talking to his friend Harper about the most recent Vampire Weekend singles. But there was a party tonight, and apparently everyone in Westbrook High could come. And, being the absolute music star of the school, it'd be criminal for him not to show up. Everyone would miss him. Everyone was probably missing him right now.

Right?

He put on a jacket and began walking over to JJ's sprawling, large home. Frankly, Charlie found it wasteful, to use all that perfectly good material on one solitary house. No wonder people were homeless. Fucking Christ.

Truth was, Charlie didn't like parties. The crowds, the drugs, the booze, it all made him anxious. He'd smoked pot before, but mostly by himself. He'd been drunk. By himself. What if someone tried to hurt him, or smash the nice acoustic guitar he was bringing? Why was he bringing it? Did he really wanna be that douchebag that plays the guitar at parties? What if everyone just fucking hates him?

His phone went off. It was Harper, his bandmate.

yaboiharper: sup dude
yaboiharper: i finally bought the remo drive ep and lemme tell you
yaboiharper: it wasnt that good

Since Harper basically owned Charlie's life, he had to respond.

space0ddity: im so sorry i gotta
space0ddity: theres a party and i wanna make sure people like
space0ddity: remember who i am
yaboiharper: how could anyone forget you. youre like, super cool.

Charlie whined a bit to himself. Well that's easy for him to say...

With his guitar case in hand, he approached the giant fucking castle this girl lived in. It made him feel small. Microscopic. He walked through the unlocked door into a room with a few people already in it. His throat dried. Charlie opened his mouth.

"I-I'm BACK!"

What the fuck? You idiot? You're not fucking Slim Shady. I'm back. Suicide seemed like a good option right now.

@everyoneiguess​

Mckenzie

The poor girl must have leapt a whole foot into the air, she was so startled. "Oh, uh, hey!" She started twirling her hair around her finger, a nervous habit she'd picked up years ago. "There's supposed to be a party here, but, uh, I don't know if I'm supposed to just walk in. I've never been to a party before." She looked down to the doormat, already out of things to say. What else could they talk about? What do you do when you meet someone new? Oh. Hold on. "Oh my god, I totally forgot my manners. And common sense, too, actually. I'm Mckenzie, but you can call me Kenzie, if you want?" She thrust out her arm for a handshake. People still did that, right?

"I actually just moved to Westbrook, so I'm... technically crashing this party. Oh, I probably shouldn't mention that to anyone else, though. They might kick me out or something." She shuffled her feet on the ground, she was so nervous. She just had to move, do something. "...Do you think they'd kick me out?" At that moment, a boy just walked past them, heading into the party. "Ah. I guess we can just walk in, huh." She looked back to the other girl. She seemed nice enough, based off their brief conversation. "Do you wanna come in with me?"

Kipsy Kipsy

Zach
tumblr_nb1miwS14O1rdf2yjo2_250.gif

Zach had made his way to JJ's when she had tweeted out the text. After that shit show of a play, everyone definitely needed to relax and let loose just a bit. He was only one week into pulling up his grades and Nona still hadn't believed he was actually doing his work(none one really did.) Teachers had still failed to post his grades, and Coach told him he was out for the second to last game of the season, and that he better get his act together to play in the thanksgiving day game or there would be problems. Zach didn't care so much about football, they weren't going to make it to states anyways without Kanen or Mason. Making this year a wash football wise.

Zach had been talking with two girls from Westbrook, who he had already forgotten the names of but they knew him of course, when he saw a familiar red head walk in. 'huh, that's unusual' He thought to himself, Ava and JJ didn't usually get along, plus even if they did Ava was not the party type. What was she doing here, "Uh girls, if you could excuse me." He learned his throat, sliding out from between them. They had been rather close, and Zach felt like they had been honestly trying to trap him in.

Zach could hear them scoffing as he made his way over to Ava, "What does she have that we don't?" "She's literally the least interesting person at Westbrook." "Why is she even here?? Everyone hates her. She hates everyone!!" Zach smirked approaching Ava, the girls had been a bit right, why was Ava here did hate everyone, including him. But getting a reaction out of her was always worth the fun. "Hey Mary." He put his hands in his pockets. "This isn't your scene, what are you doing here?" Raising an eyebrow at her.

Winona Winona @Anyonelseattheparty

Mia

Mood: Bubbly | Interacting with: Kenzie | Mentions: Saradipity Saradipity

A giggle left Mia’s lips at the stranger’s startled expression. It wasn’t rude or pretentious, as she found this girl quite endearing. Relatable. Taking Mckenzie’s hand in her own, Mia smiled widely.

“I’m Melissa Brooks, but call me Mia. I have zero social skills, too,” she said, content with the direction of this conversation. It seemed similar to what normal people might do, and that comforted her. “I don’t think they’ll kick you out. And, if they do, we’ll probably be kicked out together.” She shrugged.

A guy brushed past them and waltzed right in, which had Mia laughing again. She was a hyper mess and felt like she wanted to squeal and roll around on the floor. That was stupid. Very stupid. She should be using this energy on better things. Like talking to Mckenzie.

Some part of her wanted to just go home and game. This would be stepping out of her element. A big leap of faith. If it went wrong, Mia wasn't sure how she'd handle herself. Probably would throw up again.

“I suppose so,” Mia agreed, the uncertainty in her voice subtle but present. “Let’s go in.” The door was left open behind the guy, so there was no need for her to open it. She headed inside and maneuvered around him, unsure if she should say something to him or not. What did people do at a party? Was she supposed shout off a ‘hello, I’m here’ like this he did, or..?
code by Ri.a

Neck Tie
Saturday

PYCIqR7.gif

Martin was anxiously watching a cheetah chase a gazelle in a Richard Attenborough documentary when Neck Tie and Casper came shuffling through the front door.

‘Dad, we need the telly,’ Neck Tie announced as he took off his jacket, tossing it haphazardly over the dining chair.

‘Hey, you boys come take a look at this!’

Martin’s eyes were still glued to the television, as they should have been. The cheetah was gaining on her prey and had made her final leap. She was just about to bury her sharp teeth into the gazelle’s hind leg. . . when suddenly, POOF! The screen went black. Neck Tie had the remote controller.

Martin gasped. ‘Christ, where are your manners boy?’

‘Just move your arse, Dad. Please.’

Martin collected his papers and his empty World’s Best Dad mug and got up from the sofa with a grunt. ‘He’s a bad influence on you, Casper,’ he said this as he patted Casper on the shoulder walking past him. ‘Don’t ever talk to your parents like that, you hear? It’s my fault I didn’t raise him with any manners!’

‘Do it, Casper,’ Neck Tie chuckled as he fixed up the Playstation, ‘I wanna see the look on your Omma’s face!’

He gently tossed a controller at his friend before slumping down next to him on the sofa. The game was Fifa 18, and Neck Tie was as good on it as he was in real football soccer. ‘I’ll show you how to play,’ he told him, knowing that Casper wasn't really good with video games. ‘Don’t worry.’

Martin’s voice carried from the fridge. ‘You boys want anything to drink? Orange juice? How about some hot chocolate?’

‘I’ll have a coke, Dad.’

‘Well there’s only one coke so see if your friend wants it -- he’s your guest.’

‘Do you want it, Casper?’ He didn’t even wait for a reply from him. ‘Yeah he wants it, Dad.’

Martin smiled as he watched the kids from the kitchen. Stu looked happy and he deserved to be. That boy had been moping and locking himself in his room since the musical, and he would have continued to do so for an eternity and a half had Casper not visited. Martin didn’t blame him for what happened; he rather felt partly responsible for it. His son and best friend were fighting because of his relationship with Elise. It was just a cruel coincidence and one that nobody needed. Of course, in time, he was going to sit his son down and have an adult talk with him. For now though, it was good to see Stu just being his cheerful self again. He never wanted that to change about him.

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Last edited:
Ava
Little Hi Smile.gif

She'd be so focused on everything else, and trying to figure out what someone even does at a party for her to notice Zach coming up until he spoke to her and yeah, Ava definitely jumped in the air. She whirled around to face him, her eyes wide in surprise, before she calmed down and just rolled her eyes. "Oh, it's just you." She mumbled.

"Oh, well, Jul-- I mean, JJ invited me and, uh..." Ava sucked in a deep breath, tapping her fingers against her thighs. "My... parents locked me out of the house, so... it was this or hiding out in my car for a while." She loved her parents, but damn it, she didn't want to be social. Why couldn't they just let Ava sit at home and hide out in her room, playing video games like she adored? There as nothing wrong with avoiding people all day, after all, so she was just annoyed.

And then, well, Ava noticed the two bitches that were looking at Zach, and she kind of put two and two together. "Shouldn't you be hitting on Dumb and Dumber over there instead of talking to me?" And to really make the girls cringe, Ava smiled and waved at them. What? It always messed with the popular kids when she did that.

Dazzle Dazzle

Mckenzie

Kenzie nodded and walked in after Mia, visibly nervous. She was so far out of her comfort zone right now. This was her first party, so she wasn't really sure what these things entailed. She'd only ever been to birthday parties, and with those there was always adult supervision. There didn't seem to be any of that here. Oh god, what if there were drugs? Kenzie had never even seen a drug. It was more likely that they'd have alcohol, though, now that she thought about it. She'd have to stay away from that, it was far from legal for her to partake in any of that... well, the same could probably be said about anyone here. She still didn't want any part in it, though.

"Hey," she nudged Mia lightly. "Have you ever been to a party? What are we supposed to do now?" Looking around, there seemed to be a handful of people already mingling with each other. She couldn't just butt in on anyone's conversations, that'd be... really weird. And awkward. And anxiety-inducing. Yeah, bad idea. Not going to do that. "Should we just, like, sit on the couch or something? I have no idea what's going on."

Kipsy Kipsy

Mia

Mood: Sad | Interacting with: Kenzie | Mentions: Saradipity Saradipity

Shaking her head, Mia swallowed audiably. “I have no idea what to do,” she admitted, wrapping her arms around herself. Everywhere she looked there were already people engaged in conversations. It seemed like there was no place for her. Well, besides being with Mckenzie.

Her eyes scanned over the girl’s form. They were both around the same height, which was pretty short. It made Mia feel better to know she wasn’t alone in the height department. And yet, in her eyes, Mckenzie was far more attractive. These were weird, foreign thoughts to Mia and she immediately looked away, eyes locking onto her boots.

“Let’s find some food,” she said, but the took it back. “Actually, no. No food. Don’t try any food here. I had a brownie at the play earlier and there was weed in it.” Had she just admitted to being high to a girl she’d only just met? Yes, yes she had. “Trust me, this sucks. Would not recommend.”

Gritting her teeth, Mia sighed. She’d been asked for advice and she’d been useless. “Sorry.” The apology was short but heartfelt. “I don’t really belong here. I don’t know anyone here, either. Maybe I should just go home to my cats.”
code by Ri.a

Mckenzie

Her eyes widened in shock, almost unsure of what to make of that. "What? Weed brownies are, like, an actual thing? I thought they only existed in movies." After she got over the initial shock of that statement, her eyebrows scrunched up in concern. "Are you, like, ok? I actually have no idea what it's like to be on drugs, but if you start feeling dizzy, you can lean on me or something. Or we could sit down, that might make more sense."

Mckenzie tilted her head in mild confusion at Mia's apology. "What's there to be sorry for? You haven't done anything. If anything, you're kind of helping me out here. I'd be freaking out if I was all alone." She rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly at the admission, grinning nervously. "I get not feeling like you belong. This isn't really my scene at all, either." She waved a hand around in the general area of where most of the others had congregated to chat. "All this? Makes no sense to me. Being at home with cats does sound really nice compared to this. I understand if you'd want to bounce." She paused for a moment, looking up to the ceiling as she thought. "I don't think I can leave yet, though. I forgot my house keys and my dad is working really late tonight. It's either this or sitting on my doorstep."

Kipsy Kipsy

Mia

Mood: Awkward| Interacting with: Kenzie| Mentions: Saradipity Saradipity

Mia nodded at Mckenzie’s words. “Yeah… thank you.” She didn’t have any idea what it was like to do drugs up until now, either. It wasn’t very dizzying moreso than it was electrifying. She’d never felt so energetic in her entire life.

While gaming, Mia did the bare necessities. She ate, she drank, and she napped in between events. Forget showers, clothes other than her PJs, and sunlight. It was just her and her computer. Even though she was often very tired, she pushed through. Still, it was exhausting ‘work’.

To feel the complete opposite of that drain was ecstatic. She felt like she could run a mile, even though she’d always failed her PE exams. Silly thoughts, Mia, silly thoughts.

“Sorry for… not being helpful?” she said, although it came out like a question. “But I guess if I really am a rock for you, that’s nice. I suppose my apology does no good, then.” Mia continued to listen to Mckenzie. Her mind drifted off every once and a while so she struggled to focus, but she was trying her hardest.

“If you can’t leave yet,” Mia declared, “then I won’t leave you.” Then her brows furrowed. “Does that make sense? I think it does.” A pause. “...Maybe we really should sit down. It’s a bit weird standing in the open like this.”
code by Ri.a

Mckenzie

"Yeah, you're not being not helpful! ... I could've phrased that better. You know what I meant." She laughed lightly, no nervous undertone laced through it for what was probably the first time that night. She was enjoying herself with Mia. She wouldn't go as far as to call her a friend, not yet, but mostly out of respect for some sort of social rule that probably existed. Kenzie latched onto people too quickly once she loosened up enough to enjoy their company. Should she work on that...? Maybe.

"Are you really gonna stay with me though? Are you sure?" She tried to keep the relief out of her tone, but failed spectacularly. Kenzie was never good at hiding how she felt. "You don't have to, but I'm not complaining. You're cool!" A small smile playing on her lips, she pointed to a nearby sofa. "You're right, we should really sit down somewhere. That couch looks pretty comfy. And, no one else is sitting there yet, which is another plus."

Kipsy Kipsy

Mia

Mood: Playful| Interacting with: Kenzie| Mentions: Saradipity Saradipity

“Yes, I’m here to stay,” Mia said, setting a hand on Mckenzie’s shoulder. Maybe she was being a little too friendly too fast? Regardless, she couldn’t deny that she was enjoying herself.

She beamed when she was called cool as if that was the greatest compliment she’d ever received. It wasn’t; many times there were analyses online of her gaming techniques from gushing fans, and those were really detailed. But there was something different about being praised in-person.

Heading over to the sofa, Mis sat down with a plop, bouncing a little. The bounce made her snicker and she stood up only to do it again. And then one more time, just because. “It’s bouncy.” That went unsaid, but she didn’t care.
code by Ri.a

Mckenzie

The small girl tensed at the brief touch, not at all expecting it. But just as quickly as the hand landed on her shoulder, it was gone again. She wasn't used to physical contact in the slightest, she couldn't even remember the last time she'd been given a hug. Oh, and she zoned out again. Shaking her head, she walked over to join Mia on the couch, plopping down on it and, to her surprise, bouncing back just a little.

She watched the other girl snicker and fall back onto the couch a few extra times, and she couldn't hold in any giggles herself. "Yeah, this is a really bouncy couch. You'd just sink into the one at my house." And then, just for the hell of it, Mckenzie got up and let herself fall back onto the couch again. You could almost hear the cartoonish boing as she bounced up and down, giggling all the while.

Kipsy Kipsy

Zach
FantasticUnlinedAmericancurl-size_restricted.gif

Zach started laughing when she told him that her parents physically kicked her out of the house. "Damn, even your parents want you to get a life." Zach never really saw Ava at any school events, let alone at a party. She hadn't seen like the type to want to deal with most of the drama that came with putting a bunch of teens together in a small area.

When Ava mentioned the two girls that had basically been pining him against a wall, trying to talk to him about things he really didn't care about. He turned his head to watch their reaction when Ava waved. He let out a small laugh when they crinkled their noses and turned away from Ava and Zach. "Those two are the last people I'd want to talk to." He was sure those girls would move onto the next sporty guy that happened to fall into their clutches.

"You're way more fun to hang around." He smirked, getting a reaction out of Ava over something small usually would make his day. But watching her in a party atmosphere was different, and he was interested to see how this night might go down. "Want to get a drink?" He jabbed his thumb over his shoulder pointing towards the kitchen. If he wasn't allowed to play this week, he might as well have a little fun.

Winona Winona

Shawn March Orozco

It'd been a bit of a quiet year for Shawn. Usually he was a fucking party demon, but recently he'd been busy with other stuff. Wrestling, mostly, and goat-ing secondarily. Usually that farm shit was under his parents' jurisdiction, but they'd been... doing something. Filling orders for blankets online or holding drum circles or doing ayahuasca, whatever the fuck they wanted. He'd heard something about dad building an apiary. As if they needed more animals in this house! But now they finally decided to end their forty-years-long yage binge and actually do their jobs for once, which meant Shawn had some time to himself.

Of course he'd spent the first few days taking drag photos, just to make sure his internet following didn't go anywhere. Then he heard about some crazy fuckery going on at the school's musical. He wished he had been there, for real. It sounded like it was even worse than... well, than last year's shitty musical. But he still had time to make it to the afterparty and once again put his glitter-encrusted stamp on Westbrook. Which he shouldn't have needed to do, but whatever.

Of course, he showered before even thinking about going outside. No way he'd hit up a mansion smelling like goats. Then came clothing. Normally he'd overdress, but he didn't wanna kill everyone after such a stressful night. A striped tank top, a leather jacket, some fitted black pants, Doc Martens, and a little faux-police cap to top it all off. People would probably think he was some wandering dominatrix, Shawn thought as he smeared deep berry-shaded lipstick across his mouth. But then he realized he didn't really care. Let them gawk if they wanted -- they were just jealous.

"Ma, I'm taking the pickup truck out."

"Don't go too far, gasoline kills the environment."

"Yeah, whatever."

His red pickup was a beaut, Shawn honestly preferred the big old monster to some pussy Porsche any day. After all, he was already basically the Porsche of human beings, so needing some flat, sad pancake to flex on people was completely ludicrous. The big car purred and hummed as Shawn pressed the key into the ignition. His hand groped for the gear shift, and he cranked it from "park" to "drive". Then it lurched forward, Shawn's dainty foot pushing the accelerate pedal, before screaming into the road, dragging its fat ass practically a mile behind it. Shawn drove like a fucking maniac, the trunk of his car swerving just behind him as he made wild, curving turns, all the while blasting Rihanna songs like some kind of mid-2000's hit-and-run criminal. It was lucky that barely anyone lived in Westbrook, or else he'd probably have a kill count in the hundreds.

The pickup truck screeched over the asphalt, frustrating other drivers and scaring the shit out of people walking by, until he slammed the break hard and came to a full stop, accidentally hitting his head on the wheel.

There it was. The JJ mansion. Shawn was glad he never invited people over, because then they'd probably never speak to him again. One time he almost banged one of the football players, only for the guy to see the Orozco home and look Shawn dead in the eye, saying, "What the fuck is this, dude."

Shawn hopped out of his car, feeling tall, in a metaphorical sense. He strode into the massive home, sleek and badass. Shawn was feeling himself, and it felt good. He sauntered past hordes of his classmates and got... at least one fistbump. Not a day went by when Shawn didn't feel sexy. Well, actually, sometimes he'd just plummet into a horrible depression for a week or two, but otherwise? Constantly sexy.

After making a few greetings, he approached a talking Zach and Ava.

"Hey-oooo. God, I feel like it's been forever since I fucking did something. I wish I had seen that play though, it sounded fucking hilarious, Everyone fighting and shit? God. This town is just a disaster constantly waiting to happen. I'm ready to get fucked up right now."

This man never stops talking.

Mentions:
Winona Winona Dazzle Dazzle

Belle Taylor

Mood: Neutral| Interacting with: Charlie |Mentions: JJ, Alaska| Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

Was Belle's life in this new town always going to be chaotic as today had been? If it was she as definitely never going to be bored. Plus she managed to become friends with the angry girl, Alaska. Who she might have been meeting at a party. Although after the disaster of a play she wasn't sure if she would show. She was currently walking down the sidewalk trying to locate the house where the party was being held. Her sneakers had been swapped out for heels as she had stopped at home first. There was no way she was going to drive to the party after what happened at her last one. Oh boy, she hadn't been to a party since the accident. Stopping rather suddenly she took a deep breath to calm herself. She was going to walk to the party and home again therefore nothing bad would happen. Once she had calmed her pounding heart she continued to walk once again.

The Villa was rather similar to the one her family had moved into not far down the road. They must have had similar designers except this one looked like it might have been a bit bigger. She didn't mind though her families home was far too large for just the two of them. Her mother liked to show off her wealth a bit. There was nothing wrong with it though as her mother had worked very hard to earn her fortune all by herself. The only thing Belle didn't like was the people who were attracted to her mother because of her wealth. The non-Christian socialites were a bit more... Uhh well Interesting. The lord says no to judge and she tried her hardest but some of those people were just plain mean.

Walking around some people who seemed to be loitering outside she made her way into the house. How did it look even bigger on the inside than the outside? It was like a Tardis in there. She almost jumped out of her skin as a boy beside her yelled that he was back. Back from what? Why did he feel the need to shout? Also, why was he carrying a guitar case? "Congratulations. Back from what?" she asked, pulling on her earlobe to stop her ear from ringing.
code by Ri.a

Grace
tumblr_inline_plyaivpib11rqmlml_540.gif

Grace was listening to the crickets chirping, and her eyes were wandering around the overlook Sawyer had brought them to. It was peaceful and she needed the fresh air. Shrugging at her words, and the corners of her lips twitched into an amused smile while she was having a hard time with the fly that’d been bugging her. Get it? Sorry, sorry, back to the story. “No, you were right. This is nice.” Her smile faded gradually when she continued. She wished she had a gay aunt somewhere that’d make her mother at least try and change her ways, but it wasn’t like she didn’t know where she was coming from. Grace understood why she was the way she was, the part she didn't get was just why it felt like her mother hated everything about her.

Glancing over at her, and listening to her try and make sense out of her mother. It wasn't like Grace wanted to hate her mother, she was just making it so hard. But Sawyer was right, she was probably hurting too. Maybe they'll figure it out, maybe they won't. Only time will tell, right? Despite knowing that, she wasn't going to feel better in the matter of an hour. "Yeah, yeah... I know." Reaching her hand out for hers, and deciding to take her thoughts off her family, and focusing on other terrible things that happened tonight. Sighing as she leaned closer to her. "The play was a literal disaster." She stated, Grace checked her phone on the way over, and she should've checked it way earlier. There was weed in the brownies, so, that probably made a lot of sense on why nothing worked out.

Taking a moment to think her words through for a second. "No, i lied. Tonight was a literal disaster." Nodding in agreement with her own self. Who even thought that was a good idea? Hopefully neither of them would get in trouble for it, considering she had no idea. "Weed Brownies, how great." They were both lucky they got out of there before things escalated. Although to be fair, Nona had gotten a group of teenagers that had caused the most trouble and thought they'd actually work well together. Grace loved almost everyone in that play, but even she had to admit they were all crazy. In a good way, of course. Well, maybe a little in a bad way.

But everyone was messed up in their own way. Definitely Grace too.
KingofAesir KingofAesir

Jamie
jamiedrinkslow.gif

Jamie had gotten into his truck, already smoking a cigarette, and was mulling over what happened in the auditorium he had just managed to get out of. Alaska had been shouting at this Mason kid as he made sure she didn't make another run at him, and it brought a frown to his face. The sound of the boy she had been attacking shouting back to her caught his attention and he nearly rounded on him to tell him to shut the hell up. Alaska was not nothing. She had a lot going for her and if anyone deserved the insult, it was Jamie, not her. But not many knew him personally enough to think of such a thing to say to him, though he still didn't like it thrown other people's ways. The girl he had been about to defend shouted at him and ran to what he could assume was her father. A harsh breath had escaped his mouth, but there was nothing to tell her. That was fine, he would leave her alone. Maybe he would text Chase and see how she was doing a little later.

Alaska's mom had approached him with her thanks and he merely gave a small nod and a faint smile; though, he didn't really feel like smiling at that moment. No, he needed a drink and a smoke. "Just wanted to keep people from hurting each other, that's all." Hell, he sure knew there was enough self-hate to go around and only wanted to keep people out of the damn hospital - ahem, Ryder. "Goodnight, Ms. Vaughn." Did she still use Vaughn as her last name? He didn't stay too long to find out before leaving. All hell was breaking loose, but he figured Principal Nona could figure it out.

Now, he was on his way to a place where he knew he could try and forget about the bad rendition of Grease he watched and how every time he tried to save people from consequences that would otherwise get them expelled or worse, he ended up completely resented. Maybe being more like his dad would have saved Jamie from the isolating silence he drove in. Pushing people into fear sure seemed to get people to look up to him. Sometimes, he wondered what it was like to just not be alone.

He pulled up to the house, parked, and immediately passed by everyone to locate the nearest drink before pouring himself one, downing it swiftly, and then pouring another. He was in the empty kitchen now, most of everyone still mulling about in the entrance and directly within the large villa. He had seen the mayor's home before, had even vandalized it during his high school days. But he appreciated the decorum within, with the never-ending rooms, vaulted ceilings, and anything else that could make a house look more grandeur. Jamie sighed, leaning back against one of the counters as he peered over his cup and continued to take in the fancy details of the house. Maybe, one day, he could have something like this, too.

47F9C5A2-C2C1-4397-AF97-B0E8118E7AEE.gif
June
She shouldn’t be surprised. She helped him and he still resented her. What did you expect? A hug and a kiss? She thought, but he did say he was thankful. It wasn’t entirely hate. But, leaving the play felt like a blessing although she felt bad for Grace. She didn’t know where she went, but she still had her bag. She didn’t want to bother whatever she was doing, if anything she knew she’ll be fine with Sawyer.

At first the plan was to go home, digging out the car keys and hopping in Grace’s car. However, her eyes fell to Twitter and she saw the party. A sigh escaped her lips. She didn’t mind getting buzzed. She only hoped there wasn’t going to be another fight happening, or even, people having sex because they were beyond wasted. She only wanted to relax and possibly make more friends. Therefore she popped the house’s address and put her hand on the wheel. Jerking forward before stopping then reversing out of the spot. Right. You reverse out a space.

Eventually arriving she got out of the car and paused as she saw the car crooked between two cars. Well, she tried if anything. She looked at the manor and frowned. This is the first time coming by myself to a party huh? She thought. She crossed her arms and made her way in. Immediately feeling crowded as she squeezed her way through people. She looked for a familiar face at first, but found none. Perhaps they were there. It’s just hard to pay attention with all this music and shoulders bumping into each other. She should be used to this with the amount of parties she goes to now, but she wasn’t having it tonight.

She needed to get her mind off of things. Her eyes landed on the kitchen and she quickly made her way to it, happy to see there was less people here and drinks. She paused however when she looked at the man. Oh. He was the one who held Alaska back. What should she say to him now? He did seem like he wanted to be alone. Slunched and downing the cups was a clear indicator of it, but she still made her way over. “Hey, could I have some of that?” She asked him extending a cup to him. She prayed she didn’t look as nervous as she felt.

Soap Soap Rach Rach

Users who are viewing this thread

Back