• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Raven
tumblr_inline_pk5jr9m4G51tkzrhy_250.gif

Raven grinned and glanced towards her when she took her hand, it was her question that threw her off. She didn't want to skate, nope, not in the least. Look, she just a bad experience that made her hate ice skating with a burning passion, so that's exactly why she was so much more confused with herself when she spoke. "Yep," Raven said in full confidence. What? No! Not ready. She didn't want to agree with this plan, however, Alaska had wanted to. So what was she supposed to say, no? Maybe with anyone else, yeah. But not on the first date, let's not ruin anything before it even starts. Anyway, it'll be fine. She'll just...try. It shouldn't be too hard. "I don't know if I'll be very focused though."

Walking into the place, still, hand in hand and shrugging as she continued. "My teacher is a total hottie." Only letting go of her hand once they had to grab skates. Hesitating taking her sweet sweet time as she tied them on. Sighing heavily, while they made their way to the rink. Although Raven made no move to get onto the ice, standing right at the entrance. She gestured for Alaska to go first. Oh man, she didn't want to do this. "Uh... Ladies first and all." Smiling sheepishly, and waiting for Alaska to take the lead. Wow, her confidence was failing her, and at this point, Raven was ready to die.
a z u l a a z u l a

Juliette
tumblr_inline_npa0loqwZs1szaa83_250.gif

Juliette narrowed her eyes at herself in the mirror, catching Ava's gaze genuinely smiling, "I know." She turned towards her to look at her in person and not in the reflection, not wanting to look like she was fishing for the compliments, however, they were nice either way. "But, thank you. Very much appreciated." Chuckling a bit before adding. "Guess there's an upside to having plenty of shirts that look the same." Holding up a finger while she went to change back into her normal clothes, a few seconds later she came out. Confirmation from Lonnie was all she needed to decide to buy it, shopping was... relaxing for her, it was easy enough to find something she liked. And obviously, money wasn't a problem for the Jamesons.

Passing by a rack of jackets and glanced over and stopped in her tracks. It was... maybe something she would wear, maybe. But, she knew who exactly would, peeling the jean jacket off the rack and holding it against Ava, cocking her head to the side. It had many cute patches on it. "It's... hippy chic." In other words, at least to her, it was Lonnie's style. She grinned and shrugged. "Do you like it?" Jules asked, not giving her a chance to answer before she turned around, although she kept an ear open in case Ava wanted to voice her opinions on it. Placing both items at the cashier, and handing out her credit card. While he was doing his thing, turning her head slightly to see Ava. "I'm buying it either way, so." JJ almost felt like she would've tried to push her to not buy it. But that's not the way she saw it, it wasn't charity.
Winona Winona

Sure, the silence was boring, but did it really have to be Ryder who appeared to break it? If life wanted to throw a Vaughn at him, why couldn't it have been Alaska or something? Then she could've brought Raven with her and they could've all had a laugh about how Ash thought he and Raven were dating. Not that he had anything against Ryder, of course. As pointlessly punchy as the Vaughn twins were, they actually turned out to be pretty fun people. In his opinion anyways. It's just that today he was with a very specific girl, and there was a very small list of very specific people who could make that less amazing. Ryder was one of them.

"Hey Ryder!" Still there was no reason to be rude. Jace gave a friendly grin to what had to be Mr. Vaughn before turning his focus to Ryder, blatantly ignoring the tension that seemed to have the other two in its grips. He left it up to Ash to do the talking, after all she was the jock's best friend, while he just smiled and looked fancy. Well, as fancy as he could be with jeans and tennis shoes. Unfortunately the cheerleader, bless her heart, had to drag him into talking. As a friend. Yes they were just friends and they weren't officially on a date, but did she have to make a point about it? It felt like he'd just been stabbed.

Jace's bright expression faltered for a moment as he met Ash's gaze. He then took a deep breath, brought the cheerful smile back up, and turned to face Ryder again while he spoke. "Yeah." The word that came out of his mouth was spoken in a clipped tone. Short, sharp, and projected. However he quickly corrected that as he then immediately changed the subject, not wanting to appear disappointed or anything. "Sooo Ryder, I'm guessing that was your dad?" He asked, glancing back at the coffee shop. "Alaska told me he works in New York, so I'm kinda curious. What does he do?" Okay, so he wasn't actually that curious, but it was the first thing that came to his head. It was better than whatever was going on between Ash and Ryder at the moment anyways. Besides, having a dad with a job in New York was something he had in common with the guy. Might as well pose the question while they were chatting.

Winona Winona a z u l a a z u l a

Theodore Presley

Mood: miffed| Interacting with: Oliver |Mentions: @Rach

Theo frowned but let Oliver pull him away from the rude worker. He was the boy's cousin, luckily they looked nothing alike. The cousin looked similar to a weasel that had been dipped in grease. A weasel he was ready to fight seeing as he was rude to his friend. "You live with him? How come? I don't like the way he spoke to you." He looked back over his shoulder at said cousin, glaring a little. Although it wasn't like the male noticed as he had busied himself with sniff checking his armpits. Gross. It seemed kind of weird that someone in their late thirties would work at an arcade. Shouldn't he have like a proper job or something? Oh god was he picking his nose? Okay, he definitely seemed like the type of person who would cling to this sort of job.

"Half cheese, Half pepperoni" he ordered once they got to the pizza part of the arcade. He had to go with the classic combo, hopefully, Oliver didn't mind. Then again most hungover people didn't care what they were eating as long as it was greasy. Maybe the grease would also soak up his head pain. Most guys would have made a comment about the hello kitty plaster on his forehead.

Theo plopped himself down in a booth. "Why can't you go home till after twelve anyways. That's such a dick move" he scoffed. He tended to get rather protective over his friends. Doesn't matter if they met years ago or that day. If you were his friend he would fight for you without hesitation. He probably would have walked over and punched the dude in the face if he wasn't worried about being banned from the arcade. "I'm texting my parents to say you're staying over. They are used to Zach staying all the time" he said, already typing into his phone.
code by Ri.a

Belle Taylor

Mood: Determined | Interacting with: Mason |Mentions: Drake| Winona Winona

"If you don't put your seat belt on I will break hard enough to break your nose again" Belle threatened. By this point, a smart person would realise she was not one to be tested. But she wasn't sure if he was that smart. Why did he have to make everything so difficult? What if there was a car crash or something. This boy needed to put on a damn seatbelt. She leaned across him and buckled him in again. This time she gave him a warning look at pointed at his nose. It was still a little crooked. On anyone else, it might have been a little cute. But on him, it just reminded her how much he made her want to punch him in the face, again.

"Dealers house!? And you're just shrugging this off honestly you are terrible" She sighed, running her fingers through her hair. This was much worse than she originally thought it was. At least he was being kind of helpful at the moment. No longer trying to escape her car, she loved kiddy locks. The more Mason explained the situation the more frustrated she got with him. This was bad! Why was he acting like it wasn't bad? Then he provided an address which made her a little less annoyed at him. Once she was sure he was buckled in she drove to the sketchy house.

Sketchy didn't seem like a strong enough word to describe the house. It made her want to run as far away as she could. It kind of reminded her of that sentient house from Monster House. It looked like it would swallow them at any minute. But she had to go in, for Drake. So she climbed out of the car, walking round to the other side and opening the door for Mason. She didn't yet trust him so she took hold of his wrist and pulled him along beside her. There were dogs growling at them from behind a fence causing her anxiety to rise higher. But despite that, she put on a confident face and knocked on the door. Once it was open she pulled a hundred dollar bill from her purse and held it up. "Drake Martin. Know where I can find him?" she asked, holding out the bill.
code by Ri.a

Ava

She rolled her eyes at Jules's little sass, but Ava stood by her word. All of these shirts did basically look the same. Ava followed after Jules as they started their way out, and she could see the light at the end of the tunnel. The freedom from this place full of clothes and feminism. They were so close, and then... Jules stopped them to grab some jean jacket off the rack and hold it up to Ava. "Uh, I mean..." She didn't really know. It was... nice, kind of her style. Well, except Ava's style was "well this smells clean."

But then JJ was buying it, anyway, and Ava felt kind of bad. "Oh, uh... I mean, I can buy it... if it's for me?" Was she being bought a... a gift? Did teenagers really do this? Buy things for each other? God, what the hell was with this stupid popular crowd and their excessive money? Jules buying her this shirt, Theo giving her a box of fucking macaroons (which were amazing, by the way). None of this was anything like the many coming of age movies Ava used to watch before she decided they were stupid.

After they were finished and had finally left the store of girls, Ava figured that it was her turn to find somewhere good. "Alright, my turn." She said as they walked through the mall. Ava scanned the shops, until she finally saw a video game store. "Oooh, perfect." She said, and darted inside without waiting to see if JJ was following.

Her eyes scanned the new games, and she waited until Jules had caught up with her. "Alright, Jules, any game on here you'd play?" Ava asked. Currently, there weren't really any games that she was waiting for. Plus, Ava didn't usually buy the hard copies anymore, instead preferring to just buy the digital copy and download it. It was so much easier, and involved less people.

Soap Soap

--------------------------------------

Mason

He huffed, crossing his arms over his chest and looked out the window, ignoring Belle's harsh words. Please. Everyone here had a dealer, and Mason didn't really see the issue. At least this dude didn't usually give Drake super hard drugs. Just... pain pills, and that's it. And yeah, they were bad, but at least they weren't like... super bad or something.

Once they pulled up to the guy's house, Mason waited impatiently for Belle to get the door, and then let her drag him up to the dealer's house. Fuck it. He'd play along until she finally gave up if that's what it took. As if Mason hadn't been through these same steps before -- these same steps, when he was too late to find Drake. He leaned against the door frame, waiting until the dude came out, and then Belle was waving a hundred dollar bill around, and Mason's eyes widened. What the fuck was wrong with her?

"Wow, Mason. Impressive. Another rich girl, huh?" The guy asked, eyeing Belle before glancing over her shoulder at the nice car. He started to move closer to Belle, and Mason started to panic. This was not the kind of dude to start waving money around in front of, or to even ask in such a way. Fucking hell. Belle was going to get herself murdered. "But Mason, you got Adriane, maybe you can... leave this one for me?" He was still focused on Belle, and winked at her before trying to move closer again.

Try was the keyword as Mason stepped forward, shoving Belle back roughly and then pushing the dude back into his house a bit. "Shut the fuck up. She's not gonna go for a dude like you. Now answer her question so we can go on our way, alright?" He placed his hands on either side of the door frame to block him from trying to come back out towards Belle.

"Alright, alright. Look, I haven't seen your brother. Last I heard Stacey found him and you know how cute she thinks he is. Probably took him over to Joe's, but I heard they were going somewhere with a few friends, so they're probably not even there anymore."

Well, it was something. "Thanks." Mason turned around and snatched the money from Belle, shoving it into the guy's hand. Then, it was his turn to take Belle by the wrist and drag her off his porch and back to her car, where he shoved her roughly towards the driver's side and then headed over and got in on the passenger side.

Mason at least waited until she was in the car to yell. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" He snapped. "You don't go... waving your money around out here! Who the fuck carries a hundred dollar bill on them? Holy hell. I don't care how good you are at punching people, he could've seriously fucking hurt you." He was fuming as he shook his head and looked out the window.

Maree Maree

Aaron & Casper Ollila

Casper curled up as Aaron spoke, head hung in shame. Aaron was right. He’d made a mistake- an easily preventable mistake- and now he was late. Really late. Later than he could remember being in recent history. Sure, being late wasn’t exactly uncommon, but he worked vigorously at being prompt, even if he often failed at it.

He opened his mouth, trying to gather the courage to look up at Aaron so he could properly apologize, but then Neck Tie was standing between the pair. His eyes widened, and he gasped quietly, mouth still open.

What was Stu doing? Aaron was right- Casper had fucked up. He didn’t deserve to have someone stand up for him.

That gasp of Casper’s annoyed Aaron, and his mouth ticked further down as he slowly blinked, looking Stu right in the eyes and asking, slow and purposeful, “Do I know you?” And then he leaned around him, saying to Casper, “Let’s go.”

With that, he started off, and Casper perked up. He didn’t seem mad anymore. Maybe he felt better? He hadn’t even hit him… Of course, Casper didn’t want to set him off again so soon after being chewed out- even if it was a light chew- so, after giving Stu a flimsy smile and a wave goodbye, he hurried after Aaron.

Alaska

giphy.gif

"Well, your teacher is a pro." She winked, following Raven through the door and heading over to the rental counter. She'd brought her own skates from home since she was used to them, waiting in line with Raven to grab skates before heading over to a bench to put their skates on. It was easy to see that Raven was hesitant, and she wondered if perhaps going ice skating might not have been the best first date idea, but they were already here and she was going to make the most of it.

"C'mon, I got you." Alaska offered, extending her hands to grab onto Raven and helping her out onto the ice. Skating was so natural to her that sometimes she forgot it wasn't as easy for others, so she held both of her date's hands as she started to skate backwards, that way she could keep an eye on Raven as she helped her balance. In the years that she'd known Raven she'd never once seen her look nervous, but it seemed there was a first for everything.

"Not so bad, huh?" Despite how nervous Raven looked,Alaska was determined to make her laugh and teach her how to skate by the time they left.

Soap Soap

Gyungmi Park

tumblr_inline_olaqgdE8NY1sc3ygs_250.gif

On the contrary, May got asked that question a lot. She was used to it -- after all, nobody could really tell on first glance. Taking the phone, (how handy! She'd ought to download something like this...) she began to write her response in curved, but relatively clean handwriting.

'I'm mute!
(You can tell because I'm buying CDs)'

And then a little smiling face at the end. Just to be completely sure Maisie didn't think she was being passive-aggressive. Socializing wasn't really May's gig, and with the absence of a voice, that removed one pretty key component of emotional comprehension, so it took extra effort on everyone's end, really. At the very least, she had yet to be misunderstood so gravely that someone assumed she was just really mean. With the utmost of care, she passed the phone back to Maisie -- as May was a bit of a serial phone-dropper, she was always a bit wary of borrowing other people's devices. Her flip-phone had lasted the longest. Maybe she should've just stuck with one of those.

May tucked her hands behind her back, awaiting a response in what was no doubt the slowest conversation of Maisie's life.

Interactions:
Soap Soap

Last edited:
Juliette
tumblr_ns6aie5FOM1uak0byo3_250.gif

Juliette raised an eyebrow when she mentioned it was 'her turn.' She should've realized it wasn't going to be another clothing store or anything like it. Almost rolling her eyes at the sight of the store, but... it was only fair that they could do something Ava wanted to do. Following her begrudgingly, not paying much attention to anything in the store until she asked her to. Surprised, but deciding to actually take look. Crossing her arms as she scanned the shelves. "Uh, I don't really play games." To be totally fair, the only time she'd actually played video games was with Ava when they were younger.

After they stopped being friends, she didn't really see a point to playing anymore. She shrugged but continued to look anyway, picking up one of the cases and turning it around to read the back of it. What was this even about? Shooting people to... move a vehicle of some sort? Wait, okay, that's how you win? Now she kind of gets it. "I guess... this is kinda cool." Extremely unsure if this was even considered a 'good' game, she held it out to Ava. "Was I supposed to pick a different game or something?"

"Like, was this some kind of... nerdy test?" Believe it or not. She was completely serious.

Winona Winona
Raven

Raven hesitantly complied with Alaska, her words were surprisingly reassuring but it only helped in the smallest way, wobbling in the slightest bit, she shut her eyes tightly when she realized they were actually just moving smoothly across the ice. She opened one eye to peek before the embarrassment was clear on her face. She almost groaned, Raven wasn't scared of the ice or anything. However, she wasn't falling right now, and that was probably due to Alaska. Despite her nervousness which seemed to fade away as she focused on her date. "It's not bad at all."

Deciding to drop the whole... 'I'm a total pro act.' Raven was much calmer now, she decided to explain, not wanting her date to think she was a wuss. Which, she probably was. But totally beside the point. "When I was younger, I went with some friends 'skating' at a nearby lake, and... I fell through. So ever since then, I'm kinda freaked out about these things." Normally, she probably wouldn't have told Alaska, but she was clearly having plenty of firsts with her anyway, so... What was the big deal?

Smiling genuinely. "But as you said, you got me. So I'm totally cool right now." The pun was unintended, but the point was made.

a z u l a a z u l a
Maisie
tumblr_inline_ojmg3paMCi1ravrtw_1280.gif

Taking her phone back and reading, smiling at the smiley face added at the end of it. "Oh." What was she supposed to say, sorry I got it wrong? "Sorry, I got it wrong." What? She didn't want to offend her, she seemed nice enough. Maisie wasn't one to turn away potential friends, even if she didn't have many in the first place. Or, well, even if they wanted to stay her friend long enough they gave up on her. Shaking off her own thoughts, and taking in the girl for a second time. Was she a student? "Do you go to school around here?"

Holding out her phone again, she didn't care much for it. It seemed expensive, Lewis went all out, at least Maisie thinks so. She just didn't see the big thing in having all these updated phones, with games and all that. A phone is just supposed to call people, not to try and get a pig to jump over a fence over and over, however... that game was pretty fun, so, Maisie wasn't going to talk about it. "I'm guessing you like CDs then?" Of course, she does. "I mean, obviously... since you're here..." Oh my god. Why do you do this to yourself? Shush, Maisie, shush.

Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

Belle Taylor

Mood: Determined -> Utterly deflated | Interacting with: Mason |Mentions: Drake Winona Winona

Belle watched the mans body language, spotting the red flags but didn't panic. Mason probably wouldn't let her get murdered, right? Sure pulling out a large bill probably wasn't the best idea but they didn't have time to waste. As he started to move closer to her she slipped her taser out of her pocket, holding it underneath her jacket. Who in their right mind actually thought that would work? As he got closer to her Mason did something she hadn't expected. He pushed her back, placing himself between the dealer and her. Huh, that was kind of sweet. Since when was Mason sweet? Ew. No that was not a word that should be anywhere near his name. But there he was, protecting her from this guy. The guy finally decided to stop being a creep and give them the answers thanks to Mason's scariness. She was sure that they could work with that. Before she could ask who the people were Mason had taken hold of her wrist and was dragging her back to her car.

Belle winced as he hit her head on the roof while roughly shoving her into her car. Well, she guessed she deserved it because she had done it to him a few minutes early. But she wasn't that rough with him. He was probably mad at her for being stupid. "I wasn't going to punch him. I was going to use a taser" she said, placing said taser on the dashboard. It could knock out a horse so she was sure it would have worked just fine on the dealer. He still technically saved her so she guessed it would probably be best to thank him. Even though doing so seriously hurt her pride. "But thanks for not letting me be murdered. At least we got something to go off?" she offered, hoping he would stop yelling. No one liked to be yelled at. He definitely still looked mad so she sighed and handed him her purse. "You control the bribery purse then." It still had five hundred dollar notes in it. Drake's life was worth more than a few hundred dollars. Once she thought Mason was done yelling at her she went back to driving to Joe's house.

At least this house was slightly less sketchy than the last house. But only slightly. Belle took her taser off the dashboard and placed it back into her pocket. "let's go then" she said, heading up to the house. This time she didn't drag Mason along with her. After what happened at the last house she trusted him to go with her. The door was open so she just walked in. Stupid? Maybe. But she wanted to find Drake. She was slightly disappointed to see that there was only one person in the house. A guy who was passed out on the couch, snoring loudly. Deciding that he was out cold she decided to look around. It wasn't long until she spotted a smashed phone on the ground. When she got closer she knelt down to look at the pieces closer. It was Drakes, he was here after all. She picked up the pieces and turned around to Mason. "At least we know he was here and we have a way to find out where he went," she said, gesturing to the sleeping body.

Belle wasn't completely stupid. She moved anything that could be used as a weapon far away from the man, also checking his pockets. Once she was satisfied she poured a cup of water over the man's face. He awoke with a start, coughing a spluttering. She held her taser in front of her, pushing the button to make the electricity crackle. "Wanna find out what happens when water meets electricity?" she asked. The man shook his head looking up at her with wide eyes. "Drake Martin. Where did he go?" she demanded, moving the taser closer. "I-I don't know they drove off. They are probably a few cities over by now" the man said, trying to scoot away. She sighed in frustration before leaning down and whispering something in his ear. Just to make sure that no one found out they were there.

And with that she took a hold of Mason's hand, leading him outside this time. She sat on the hood of her car visibly deflated. "So we just sit around and wait then? Hope he doesn't come home in a body bag?" she tried to blink back tears but they rolled down her cheeks anyway. Realising she was still holding his hand she let go of it. "Aren't you going to yell at me again?" she asked.
code by Ri.a

Last edited:
Chase

RVhQ.gif

Chase immediately regretted asking Rae about her family, her mood instantly changed and he could tell it wasn't going to be a happy subject to talk about. Family issues were something he completely understood, but there situations were much different. While his family drove him crazy, he knew he was lucky to have them, and he felt bad for taking advantage of the fact that he had both parents when people like Rae didn't.

"I'm so sorry Rae." He frowned, reaching across the table to hold her hands between his to comfort her. It must've been awful for her, he couldn't imagine not having his mom around anymore. It was hard enough with his dad in another state, but at least he knew he'd get to see him every once in a while. It was even more amazing to him that Rae was always in such a happy mood, she brightened up his day every time he saw her even after going through so much pain.

"Come spend Thanksgiving with my family, my mom's been dying to meet you." It was true, Viola Vaughn had been pestering her son to bring home his "mysterious girlfriend" for weeks now. There were very few girls that Chase had even let meet his parents, they were kind of intimidating and he didn't exactly want to scare Rae away yet. There was no way he was going to let her spend Thanksgiving alone, and he was serious about their relationship which meant he'd have to bring her home sooner or later.

Dazzle Dazzle

Ryder

tumblr_pe451buPN41ud5b8go1_500.gif

He was relieved to hear that they were just friends, but at the same time that was exactly what she'd told Ryan and well, look how that had turned out. Last night she'd told him how she felt, and he didn't think she would go out on a date so soon after telling him all of that, but he hadn't verbally confirmed his feeling to her and it wasn't too far fetched to think she might want someone else's company since he had accidentally rejected her. He knew that it was his fault they weren't together, and he needed to mend their relationship as soon as possible.

"Oh yeah, group projects are the worst. At least you got paired up with a good partner." He joked, trying to keep the situation light-hearted but unable to keep from thinking how badly he'd messed up. Jace was a nice guy, he would probably do a much better job than Ryder had of keeping Ash happy, and he definitely got suspended a lot less.

"Yeah, he's a general surgeon in New York. He's in town for the play, though he got a little more than he came for." It had been quite a shock to see Alaska kissing a girl, and actually less of a surprise to see her tackle Mason off the stage. While their mother had been equally pissed about both, their father had laughed it off and patted Alaska on the back for having the courage to do both. Needless to say, Viola hadn't been thrilled.

"I should actually get back to them...have fun with your project." The whole situation was awkward and Ryder couldn't wait to get on with his day and forget it had ever happened. Monday couldn't come soon enough so he could properly ask Ash out.

DrabberRogue DrabberRogue Winona Winona

Alaska

giphy.gif

"You'll be trying out for the hockey team in no time." She joked, knowing full well that hockey wasn't exactly Raven's thing. Journalism was the brunette's passion, and she was damn good at it. Maybe Alaska could teach her to skate and in return Raven would teach her how to write an essay that wasn't total crap.

"Oh, that sounds awful." Alaska frowned, unable to imagine how scary that must've been for a child. Lake skating was her favorite, but it seemed they'd be sticking to skate rinks from now on. "Don't worry, there's nothing to fall through here." She reassured, suddenly realizing that skating was the worst possible first date she could've taken Raven on. Clearly the brunette liked her a lot if she was willing to go skating after that.

Suddenly Raven was back to her flirty demeanor, and she felt better about their possibly disastrous date location. "Think you can handle it on your own?" She asked after they skated around for a few minutes with Alaska practically dragging her across the rink, slowing down to turn around and skate beside her date, still holding onto her hand to keep her from falling.

"So, I know we're on like our first date, but would you wanna spend Thanksgiving with me?" She asked, trying to fight the blush that was creeping up her cheeks. Despite their romantic confessions yesterday, she wasn't sure what they were or if they were serious enough for her to invite Raven to come to Thanksgiving dinner with her entire family, but she'd never done this before and the holiday was only two weeks away.

Soap Soap

Gyungmi Park

tumblr_inline_olaqg9ZMFB1sc3ygs_400.gif

So full of questions and words, Maisie was. Which was probably good to keep the conversation moving. May quickly wrote down her answers to everything Maisie said, at least as fast as she could process everything asked of her.

'It's fine, it's a common mistake'

Truth be told, as bad as it was, sometimes May would tell people she was deaf if they were really bothering her. Usually strangers and people trying to sell her stuff. The prospect of having to use sign language generally scared them off. It definitely kept boys from making unwanted advances towards her. The concept of dating a deaf girl was just way too much work in their puny little moss brains. Which didn't mean being fully mute was really a whole lot easier, if at all -- a lot of people just thought it was.

'I go to the local public school'

She'd been going as long as she lived here, which was since she was... about eight or so, she was pulled from her home and ping-ponged around for a short period of time before finding a new place of permanent residence in Westbrook. Her adoptive parents, the people she called "mom" and "dad" now, really were nice people. Her being disabled didn't freak them out right off the bat, but they also didn't take her in for those "good person" brownie points. Regardless, she was generally comfortable as a wallflower at school. Most of the people in town seemed like... a lot. She had one friend from out of town who also was very much a lot, but she was used to her, they met a long time ago.

'I come to this store all the time for music CDs. Usually not in this section though I like death metal'

Her grammatically rough sentence sat on the screen, which she then, still carefully, passed back to Maisie.

May felt people found her love of heavy metal sort of a turn-off. Which was really on them. If they thought it made her scary or weird, that certainly wasn't true, and if they were snubbing her simply because they don't like that stuff, it seemed awfully silly. Then again, Kandi often said that she could "learn more about metal by watching you speak than I could by seeing a goddamn Megadeth concert and interview". Maybe she did talk about it too much...

Interactions:
Soap Soap

Mason

His eyes widened when she whipped out a fucking Razer. Seriously? "Did your daddy give you that to protect you from guys like me?" He asked with a smirk. Well, it wouldn't have been the first time. Generally, parents didn't approve of him. Hell, one girl that he had really adored ended up being banned from seeing him, and then was sent to live with her father so that she couldn't talk to Mason. Yeah. They had gone to that extent to keep Mason from their precious baby girl. It was fucking stupid. People tended to see him, and expect him to act a certain way so now, he figured why the hell not? Being feared and hated was fun, anyway. Obviously.

When she thanked him, Mason was surprised and uncomfortable. "Well I don't want to be involved in that fucking news article. 'Prissy Rich Girl Killed by Dealer.' No thank you." He grumbled and turned his attention out the window as they started their way to Joe's house. Great. If they were on some kind of drive, there was no saying where they were. This was exactly what happened last time. Stacey would coax Drake to Joe's, and then Joe would bully Drake into going on trips. But hopefully this time wouldn't end like last time with a call from a hospital. And then Belle tossed the purse on his lap, and Mason tossed it in the back. There was no way he was risking getting stabbed over whatever rich girl money she had in there.

Once they got to Joe's, Mason just followed Belle inside and let her take the lead. He looked at the dude on the couch, and his lip curled in disgust. These were the kinds of people that Drake hung out with, and Mason was powerless to stop him. Because, well, he was just Drake's brother. He watched as Belle picked up the pieces of the broken phone, and Mason just groaned and rolled his eyes. "Not again. He's so fucking clumsy." Drake went through a lot of phones. Sadly, and very expensively. He was still glaring at the shattered phone when Belle was pouring water on the dude and threatening him, and then the guy said what Mason already knew. Drake was gone.

He figured this would've felt great. Mason would've been able to rub it in her stupid face that he knew Drake better than she did. But instead, he just felt bad. She was obviously upset, so Mason didn't say anything, and instead just followed her back to the car. He was quiet as she drove them, until she finally came to stop by a cliff, and got out of the car without a word. Mason groaned, but followed her after a moment and sat on the hood next to her.

Mason was pulling out a cigarette when she started asking questions. "Pretty much, yeah." He replied, placing the cigarette between his lips and cupping a hand around the end while he lit it. "All you can really do is hope he'll be fine, and stay near a phone. After the last fucking time, I gave him this card in his wallet with my name and number on it for someone to call. Tried to get him to wear a bracelet, but... then he'd have to explain to kids at school why he has my name and number on a bracelet." And with the brothers trying to keep all of this as secret as possible -- which was pointless now thanks to June's stupid blog -- the braclet stopped being an option.

At her second question, Mason just rolled his eyes. "Despite popular belief, I do not love yelling at people. Or when they're being fucking idiots." He took a drag on his cigarette, pulling it from his mouth and exhaling slowly before he continued speaking. "Sadly, people are always fucking idiots. So I yell a lot. But uh... Thanks for worrying this much about Drake. No one has ever put this much time into him."

Maree Maree

Rae
tumblr_inline_odu7wk33f21tgsn29_250.gif

Rae hadn't told anyone about her mom in a long time, home in NC she didn't have to tell anyone. They just knew from growing up in a small town, it was hard to keep anything from anyone. Plus her brother wasn't exactly the most quite person she knew either. Feeling Chase's hands take hers in his own brought her back to the moment. "You don't have any reason to be sorry." She smiled a little more genuinely, Chase's hands helping her to feel more grounded.

Rae could feel her face heat up when he mentioned that he had told his mom about her. She hadn't told her dad about Chase yet, not that he was really ever there. "You-you told your mom about me." Her eyes lit up, she wasn't sure if she was happy about it, or utterly terrified. Rae already felt like she had such a tough time opening up to people, she didn't want Ms. Vaughn to hate her completely. But she knew she cared about Chase, and that made it worth it enough to her. "I'd love to come to Thanksgiving." Rae gave Chase's hands a comforting squeeze, which happened to be more for her than for him.

Rae was thankful when the waitress brought their food over, she had been starving. "Thank you." She almost whispered, as they placed the food in front of them, she pulled her hands away from Chase so they could easily put the food on the table. "I hope you don't judge me for how messy I will be eating this." She let out a small chuckle smirking at Chase. Despite the heavy conversation about her mother, she was still happy to be here with him. She missed her mom like crazy, but knew she was no longer suffering and that gave her some peace.

a z u l a a z u l a

Belle Taylor

Mood: Utterly deflated | Interacting with: Mason |Mentions: Drake Winona Winona

Belle scrunched up her nose and waved the smoke away from her face. She should have guessed that Mason was a smoker. She didn't understand the habit but then again she didn't understand a lot of things. Maybe it was a sort of coping mechanism for him? How he did this over and over she couldn't fathom. It was exhausting spending the day trying to find Drake only to hit a dead end. Having to sit and wait, praying that he would turn up alright. As much as she disliked the male at the start of the day, maybe he was alright. Then he thanked her for caring about Drake. Which was a little surprising seeing as a few hours earlier he had been telling her to stay away from him.

She smiled softly, wiping her tears away. "Despite popular beliefs 'Prissy Rich Girls' have hearts as well. Sometimes ones that are too big" she said, using the name he had labelled her earlier. She just was so tired of losing people. Damn her big heart for getting attached to people so easily. She would have done anything to make sure he was safe but she couldn't do anything. She hated feeling helpless. "I don't think I could cope with someone else dying" she murmured, more to herself but he would have heard it too.

Belle bumped her shoulder against Mason's. "Don't go getting all soft on me. You'll damage your bad boy rep" she teased. Her fingers spun her purity ring around on her finger. She needed to talk about something besides Drake and death or she would start balling. Or worse have a panic attack which would be very embarrassing. "To answer your earlier very sarcastic question about my taser. Nope. I never had a dad. My mother is around maybe every two months for a couple of days. So she wouldn't notice." And with the most ironic of timing her phone lit up with a text from her mother. This is going to take longer than anticipated. See you in four months sweetie xx. She rolled her eyes, tempted to throw her phone off the cliff. "What's your family like? Any girlfriend? Boyfriend? I don't judge"
code by Ri.a

Ava

"No, no, that's a great game." Ava replied, taking the game from her hand and looking at it. "Overwatch. Fun game. I played it for a while, but like, then it got filled with annoying twelve-year-olds so I stopped. But now all the stupid kids play Fortnite, so I don't have to worry anymore." Ah, the joy of new stupid games coming out. Ava actually kind of liked Overwatch, although it was too... cartoon-y for her taste. Too cutesy and cartoon-y, not enough blood and gore. What? If she was killing people, she wanted to enjoy it.

Ava placed it back on the shelf, took another look, and then shrugged. "Well, we can go now. The rest of these games are lame, and you have passed the nerd test, and I've successfully made you just as uncomfortable here as I was in the stupid clothing store." She was very pleased with herself as she lead Jules out of the video game store.

And as if on cue to ruin her decent girls' day out, her phone beeped with a notification. Ava pulled it out, and was instantly annoyed when she saw that it was from Zach. And apparently, he thought it would be funny or something to call her Avalon, which just made her even more mad. She quickly typed back a sassy response, although it took her longer to do than she had originally planned. Which meant that Ava was very intensely glaring at her phone, typing, erasing, and retyping things.

Soap Soap

---------------------------------

Ash

Well, this couldn't have been more awkward. She was almost glad when Ryder said he had to go, although well... of course, she didn't really want him to go. It was just awkward having him here when she was with Jace, and Ash had no idea where their relationship or friendship was. "Yeah, I'll see you at school Monday." She said with a faint smile... hoping that she wouldn't get suspended, anyway.

Ash watched Ryder walk for a moment before she turned back to Jace. "Uhh... what were we doing? Just walking, right? Any idea where we should go?" She asked. Well, if he even wanted to still hangout. Yes, Ash hadn't notice the clip tone of his voice when she introduced him as just a friend, and she still had no idea that the boy standing next to her could possibly like her. Why would she? So far this year, Ash had had no idea when anyone had liked her -- not Ryder, and certainly not stupid Ryan.

She still wanted something to distract her from Ryder. After everything that had happened the night before, she didn't want to dwell on any of it longer than was necessary.

DrabberRogue DrabberRogue a z u l a a z u l a

---------------------------------------

Mason

Yeah, he heard the comment about not wanting to lose anyone else, and it certainly sparked Mason's interest. But if he'd learned anything over time, it was to not push people to talk about personal things. "That uh... sucks. The losing people thing. If you ever want to talk about it, I guess uhh... I'm an okay listener." He didn't sound like he was, or that he would be willing to sit and talk with her about it, but Mason would. The tone of his voice just didn't really reflect that, but maybe Mason was begrudgingly starting to like the girl. "But I wouldn't worry about Drake. If you constantly worry about if he'll show up dead, you'll drive yourself crazy."

He was thankful when the conversation moved on to less sad things. "Oh, sorry about the lack of dad?" Wow, that was an absolutely horrible way of saying that, but whatever. Mason tried his best... kind of. "What does she do that she's like, never there? If you don't mind me asking or anything." Mason asked. If they were sitting out here and she was asking pushy questions, then Mason was going to do the exact same thing. Plus what else were they supposed to talk about right here?

"No boyfriend. Very not gay." Mason responded, taking another drag on his cigarette before continuing. "No girlfriend, kind of. Dating isn't really my thing, but I'm trying to make things work with Adriane. She's, uh... my daughter's mom." That was awkward to admit. That he even had a daughter. "So all I got is Drake, and my daughter, Ariana." The only good things in his life. His mother sucked, and who knew who his father even was. And dating took too much time, and he spent most of his extra time with Ari.

Maree Maree

Belle Taylor

Mood: Kinda okay? | Interacting with: Mason |Mentions: Winona Winona

Belle couldn't help but laugh a little when he said she could talk to her. Not in a cruel way but just the way he said it made it sound that listening to her problems was the last thing he wanted. "We really need to work on the tones you use. That was so enthusiastic" she giggled. It felt good to laugh after such a long and exhausting day. "Honestly I've never really talked about it. I was uhh in a car crash and I lost three of my best friends. That's why I moved here" she laughed nervously in an attempt to hide her tears. It wasn't very successful as her body started to quiver as the memories came flooding back. She had a strong urge to cover her ears as the screaming sounded like it was coming from around her and not from inside her head.

She managed to push the thoughts from her head and calm down enough to talk about her family. "Eh. I never knew him. My mom didn't really either. It was a cruise ship fling. She could never find him again after she found it" she explained, shrugging. It never really mattered to her. She didn't feel like she needed to find him or for him to be a part of her family. That would just make things too complicated. "My mom is the CEO of one of the major power companies. So she's always off in business trips and such. Right now she's trying to push for those wind farm things. Which means I won't see her for another four months." Who needs parents when you have the staff to keep you company, right? You know what she was going to adopt a dog or something. It would be nice to have a proper companion.

Belle nodded as Mason explained his family situation. She was a bit confused by the kind of not having a girlfriend. Then he explained that he had a daughter and he was trying to make it work with the mother. "Your daughter sounds cute. Bit of free advice, don't try and force things to work with the mother. Kids are smart and can tell when you're just putting up with someone for their sake. How things are between you are her mother sets the tone for how her relationships are going to go. If you suck it up and be with someone you don't love... Then she'll grow up thinking that she should stay in relationships even when she's unhappy," she explained. So what? She could be smart some of the time. Only some of the time though. Her brain just felt the need to make up for the days stupidity.
code by Ri.a

Jace was already starting to like Ryder's dad, although mostly for the wrong reasons. It was pretty interesting that he was a surgeon, sure, but for the moment he was just glad that Mr. Vaughn's presence saved him from suddenly becoming a third wheel. Not the most pure of thoughts on his part, but damn it he just wanted a little time alone with Ash. Needless to say Jace was relieved when the other boy quickly decided to take his leave, smiling slightly at Ryder's friendly tone. That was hidden perk of hanging out with the pretty blonde. Encounters with her ex were actually relatively pleasant, even if they were terribly awkward. "Will do. See ya Ryder!" He chimed, seeing Vaughn Junior off with a wave of his gloved hand.

Unfortunately there was still a faint aching in his chest as Jace turned back to girl next to him. His friend posed a good question, where should they go? He hadn't really been thinking about that when they were just wandering. "Hm... Nah, not really." With a shrug he started to walk again, taking a few long strides down the sidewalk before suddenly stopping to look back at her. "Well, what d'you normally do on weekends?" Jace asked, both prompting conversation and trying to solve where they might go next. "When you're not getting wasted at parties, anyways." He added in a teasing tone, smirking at the cheerleader. Honestly, that was the one thing he didn't get about her. The endless cycle of getting drunk on the weekend and getting murdered on Monday seemed so out of place with such a smart girl.

Winona Winona a z u l a a z u l a

Juliette

Juliette raised her eyebrows in surprise. At least she picked something out that was good... although she didn't want to stay in here any longer than she had to. "Oh." Ava's insight into the game didn't make JJ want to play it any more than she would've originally, what was the point of them being in this store? A few seconds later she got her answer. "I knew it was a test." She shook her head, rolling her eyes as she referred to shopping, it wasn't that bad. What? It wasn't! Well... for Ava it probably was.

Following her out, taking a mental note to avoid only some clothing stores for today. Okay, fine. Maybe all clothing stores. Maybe. Walking with her towards... no-where in particular, she heard a phone go off and instinctually she reached out for her own phone, stopping when she realized it was Lonnie who got the message. Deflating a bit as she slowed her pace. Taking extreme notice of Ava's facial expressions, an amused smile came onto her face. "Is that your mom or something?" Jules leaned over in an attempt to see her phone.

"I've never seen you so upset at someone who wasn't me."

Winona Winona
Maisie
tumblr_inline_ojmg3paMCi1ravrtw_1280.gif

Maisie was more than glad she wasn't upset. People usually got pissed off especially when she didn't mean for them too. However, May seemed nice enough to talk to. When she told her about high school, she immediately perked up. "Oh! I go too! Maybe we can hang out there sometime, or... something." Friends and Maisie, almost everyone knew already those two didn't make the greatest pair. Okay, she's being a little dramatic. It's just what she thinks. Leave her alone.

Raising her eyebrows in surprise about her taste in music. Maisie didn't see that coming, but she wasn't one to judge so she shrugged and smiled. "I never really tried it. But maybe I could give it a shot?" Not wanting to shoot her interests down so quickly, don't knock it before you try it and all that. Right? Waving the VHS in her hands, Maisie had gotten an idea. "Ever watch this?" She asked, curious about how this whole interaction would go, but she was genuinely interested. "Maybe we'll make a pact like, I'll try out um that death metal stuff. And you could watch this?"

Probably a little weird, but Maisie definitely saw the fun in it. Besides, it seemed like a good idea to get to know the other, Maisie wasn't even sure if she wanted to actually hang out with her or whatever. But you never know if you don't try right? "And maybe on Monday, we can talk about it."

Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

Raven

Rolling her eyes at the idea of joining a hockey team. Even if it wasn't her thing, Raven was sure she'd do great at it... not sure about the skating part of it. However, she could definitely knock someone into the wall easily, all they had to do was, maybe, just look at her the wrong way. Raven wasn't one to start fights so easily. The other night with Adriane was her own fault, did she expect her to not fight back? What a dumb little thing. Shrugging at her words. It wasn't that bad. Okay, that's a lie. It was terrifying for a kid, but she got over it. Looking at the ice beneath them. Well, mostly over it.

Hesitating for a second, but she gave her a nod. "Yeah, I think I got it." It's fine, What's the worse that can happen? Falling on her ass? It'd be embarrassing, maybe. But it shouldn't be that bad. She surprisingly wasn't as bad, Raven maintained her balance perfectly fine, within a few seconds they were gliding against the ice side by side. "At this point, I'd probably take your spot on the team." She teased.

Alaska's question made Raven almost skid to a stop, which made her stumble but she regained her footing. How was she supposed to answer that? Yes, I want to come to your mansion and meet your whole family, especially since they've seen me kissing their daughter on stage in front of everyone. She doesn't... 'meet parents.' A few moments when by and she felt guilty because she didn't say anything, Raven glanced over at her, spotting the blush on her face and it killed her.

Fuck it. There's a first time for everything. Slowing down as best as she could've, turning slightly to pull Alaska closer and put her arms around her shoulders. "Ah, c'mon. How could I say no?" Chuckling before she continued. "Besides, we skipped a few dates ahead and kissed already." Low lidded eyes fell to her lips, she smiled and made eye-contact once again. "It's just Thanksgiving, it's not a big deal." Okay, so it probably was a big deal. But then again... It's just food and family.

A family that was majorly different compared to her own. It's fine. it'll be fine.

a z u l a a z u l a

Mason

He just rolled his eyes when she made fun of his tone. Well, if he always sounded friendly or something, then people would be wanting to talk to him all the time -- or then he actually would lose his bad boy reputation. When she mentioned what had happened, well, Mason wasn't entirely sure how to react. "I'm uh, I'm sorry. That's horrible. I would've switched schools, too." He glanced over, noticing her shake a bit, and Mason had no idea what to do. So he just reached over and awkwardly patted her gently on the back. What were you supposed to do in these situations? To comfort people? Hug them or something stupid? Fuck, Mason wasn't sure.

Mason pulled his hand away when she started talking about her parents. Well, at least this didn't seem to make her as sad. He slid off the hood of the car, taking his cigarette and dropping it to the ground. "Well at least you're rich, right?" He joked as he ground the cigarette into the ground with the tip of his Converse before looking back at Belle. "I've heard money can buy happiness, so that's got to be worth the whole never seeing your mom thing." Okay, so it probably wasn't really. Man, Mason wished his mom would go off on business for months at a time. The only good times that him or Drake were when she was gone. "But uh... is she ever actually home?"

He just glanced at her when she tried to give him advice about the whole Adriane situation, and Mason just rolled his eyes. Hadn't he heard this a million times from other classmates? "Yeah, whatever, I'll keep it in mind." It wasn't that he was unhappy with Adriane, he just... didn't know what to do. Or what she even wanted. Maybe they needed to sit down and actually discuss it, but they were always busy with school, or Ari. There was never a chance to actually talk about it. "I'm not unhappy. It's just complicated."

Maree Maree

----------------------------------

Ash

She rolled her eyes at his joke, although a small smile still did come to her lips. "Well, usually, I just get drunk, and then regret it for the whole weekend." Seriously. Did Ash actually ever really go out or anything? Well... not really. Wow, that was actually kind of sad. "But... I guess movies are kind of cool, or..." she hesitated, trying to think of anything that was actually fun to do. "Or the Boardwalk, but that's all closed down because of the stupid winter." Snow was something that she desperately hated.

"What about you? I know you aren't stupid and you don't even drink, so like, what do you do for fun on the weekend?" Jace had to have better ideas than Ash did -- since, you know, her ideas were all just sad. And she was bored, and her head still hurt from the remnants of her hangover. "You seem like the kind of person who knows how to have a good time without getting wasted."

DrabberRogue DrabberRogue

----------------------------------

Ava

"No, I wish it was my mom." Ava grumbled. And she never wished that it was her mother who texted her, since her mother's texts were usually very embarrassing and always made her roll her eyes. "It's Zach." She explained, the tone of her voice filled with the disgust that she felt. She tilted her phone enough that JJ could read the exchange. "So like, basically, turns out that this dude I've been playing games with for years was Zach all this time. Fucking Zach of all people in this world."

She shook her head in disgust, shoving her phone back in her pocket. "And he heard my mom call me Avalon, so now he's teasing me about that, too, because he's a dick." Ava's tone was very matter-of-fact at this point as she crossed her arms over her chest, and shook his head once again. "But uh, enough about that. Where do you want to go next?"

What? Ava wasn't one to dwell on people like Zach.

Soap Soap

Juliette

She rolled her eyes reading their conversation, they were both terrible at insults, although it wasn't like Jules expected them to be decent at it in the first place. But she knew where Ava was coming from, it sucks when people don't refer to you with your preferred name, huh? Ironic. Oh well, she wasn't going to push on it. "Y'know. He isn't that bad. Also, I'm more than sure 'Zach' isn't what's on his birth certificate either." Pointing out their last messages, Juliette decided to leave it at that, not wanting to talk further about the jock who seemed like a sweetheart.

At least... to JJ. It's safe to say that she and Ava were total opposites, so it wasn't surprising that they had different opinions on other people too. "Avalon isn't a terrible name though..." She said more as a statement than a compliment. Shaking her thoughts free of their pathetic argument. No offense. It was a good question, where did she want to go next? It wasn't like shopping was a thing Lonnie was okay with, so throwing that idea out the window. An almost mischevious grin came onto her face, as she glanced over at Ava. She asked where she wanted to go next anyway, so...

Taking Ava by the hand and almost waiting to hear the groan of disapproval as she dragged her into the salon.

"This'll rid you of all your aggravation towards Zach." Besides, JJ was sure mani-pedis could solve anything. It's what Lexi taught her, so why not share her teachings with her childhood friend. Hmm?

Winona Winona

Belle Taylor

Mood: Okay? | Interacting with: Mason |Mentions: Winona Winona

Seeing Mason slide off the hood Belle decided she might as well do the same. Could money buy happiness? Not really but she didn't blame him for thinking so. Depression didn't run away as soon as you waved a stack of cash in its face. "Eh, It makes things easier. But It doesn't create real happiness. I can't really complain though. You have it worse off than I do" she said. It didn't feel right to complain about her situation when Mason had it worse off. She couldn't imagine having to deal with what he had gone through.

"I was in the hospital for two months because she came to visit. I guess you kinda get used to not being a priority" she shrugged. It didn't really matter to her anymore. She had gotten used to it quite quickly when she was little but at least then she had her grandparents. The staff felt like the only family she had sometimes. But they were just paid to deal with her so that didn't count. "These days the only time she's home is when she's hosting parties for her socialite friends."

"Hey, Mason? Do you want to try and take back the day?" Belle asked fiddling with her ring. She kinda hoped they could do something nice together so the day didn't feel like a total depressing disaster. At this point, she actually wouldn't mind spending another hour or so doing something fun with him. Who would have thought she would feel like that after the way the day started. That was as long as he didn't just shut her down, but she wouldn't blame him if he did.
code by Ri.a

Ava

Okay, so arguing with Zach and shopping for clothes suddenly didn't feel nearly as horrific as what was happening now. Ava let JJ drag her into the salon, although her jaw was dropped open in disgust, and she was looking around at people everywhere. What the hell kind of place was this? "Jules, is this a new type of torture? Because like, I will take water boarding over this any day." Were they scrubbing people's feet? Disgusting. Yep. She was going to murder someone today.

"What do you even do at a salon? Hair or nails or something? Because like, I'm good." Ah, yes. With her jagged nails, and short curly hair that typically was very poorly brushed. What?! Ava had better things to do than do her hair, or paint her nails, or... put makeup on her face or whatever it was that people tended to do. Did they even do those things at these places?

She looked in horror and disgust as a woman came up to help them, but let JJ do the talking. What would Ava had asked? She didn't know what went down at these torture chambers.

Soap Soap

-------------------------------

Mason

He blinked in surprise when she mentioned the whole mother not showing up thing. "Well, I wouldn't say you have it easier. Like, sure, you have a car, and a lot of money, clothes that aren't torn up, and guaranteed meals, but..." Mason hesitated, thinking carefully as he tried to figure out how he was even wording this because to be honest, the more he talked, the more he realized that she was totally true. "But like, our mom still shows up when we go to the hospital." Granted, because she had to, and usually she just yelled at them for being stupid.

"And like, even if what I have is worse, it doesn't mean that what you're going through isn't bad and you need like... to talk about it. Like, I'm not religious, but I think the universe gives you whatever you can handle. But just because I have a shitty life doesn't meant you don't or... whatever." It always felt like the more he talked, the dumber he sounded, so Mason just shook his head, waving a hand dismissively. "Forget I fucking said anything. It's stupid." He replied, wishing he could take back what he said.

"Take back the day?" He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "I don't really think there's any fucking way to do that, and I mean like, I had important plans today." Okay, so his important plans had been to go to Adriane's house and demand to have his daughter back. What? Mason had always hated being away from her. He was overprotective, and he trusted only a few people with her alone. And, well, Adriane wasn't exactly on that list. "But uh, I could spare an hour to 'take back the day.'" He said with sarcastic finger quotes. "What are you thinking? Ice cream or some girly shit?"

Maree Maree

Belle Taylor

Mood: Happy | Interacting with: Mason |Mentions: Winona Winona

Belle climbed back into her car, rolling her eyes at his words. He was impossible sometimes! One moment he was all sweet and caring then he was back to his usual sarcastic self. This boy was going to give her whiplash. She laughed at his stereotypes of what he thought they were going to do. "No, that's not what I had in mind. You'll like it I swear" she said pushing his shoulder gently. He was sure was an interesting one sometimes. What did he have against ice cream? How could anyone use such a sarcastic tone while speaking of the great treat

She rolled her eyes once again before driving along the road. Luckily for Mason's impatientness, it was a brief drive to the shelter. "I was thinking more along the lines of playing with puppies. You like dogs don't you?" she asked, raising a brow. If he didn't like dogs she was going to drag him in there by the ear and make him like dogs. "Come on" she didn't give him time to respond before she had exited the car and was pulling him out too. She was excited! who wouldn't be at the thought of playing with puppies?

"Hi, I am looking to adopt a puppy," Belle told the front desk lady. After a few minutes of exchanging the necessary information, they were let into the puppy playroom. There were at least twelve different puppies running around and having a great time. "Mason this is amazing" she whispered, squeezing his arm out of pure joy. Stepping away from Mason she knelt on the ground and began to interact with the different puppies. There was a little golden retriever who really liked to play tug of war with socks. She obviously found this absolutely adorable and spent a few minutes playing with it before it ran off. The one that really got her attention was a black and white puppy that had flecks of the different colours on its face. It had obviously had a long day of playing as when it approached her he just climbed onto her lap and fell asleep.

Belle smiled, looking over at Mason. "I think he might be the one" she mused, scratching the sleepy puppy behind its ears. "You know. If your plans were to go visit your daughter I could take you? My bet is she would really like to play with a puppy" she winked, turning her attention back to the ball of fluff. He was just so unbelievably cute.
code by Ri.a

Last edited:
Well that was disappointing. Jace had hoped to learn a little more about the girl, maybe get an idea of what her hobbies were. Instead she just reinforced what he already knew and brought up a couple generic date ideas. Unless getting wasted every week was her only hobby? Regardless movies were out of the question, and he probably wouldn't have been interested in the boardwalk even if it wasn't closed down. It made him shake his head, chuckling softly at Ash's weird lack of ideas. What did she even do when she wasn't drunk?

"Weeell... I do a lot of things." Seeing as it was the only way they were going to get anywhere, Jace started addressing Ash's question. Normally he would've left it at that. A lot of things was probably the best four words he could use to describe his weekends. This time it wouldn't quite work, however. This time the question of what he did for fun actually served a purpose. "For a while I was in a D&D group, about a month ago I tried my hand at..." Great start Jace. Tell the super popular girl about all the nerdy things you do, very smart. He was already doing it though, so he just laughed and decided to commit to it. "At um... LARPing. At least as far as the foam swords were involved. That was kinda fun..."

Right, now he had to bring up examples that wouldn't make the girl just walk away outright. Jace cleared his throat before continuing. "Uh... I played a pretty interesting game of chess with some old guy at the park. Like, a couple weeks ago I think." For a couple moments he glanced around at their surroundings, as if looking for something. Some opportunity to bring up something else he didn't mind doing. "I guess I'd be up for whatever sport too, if the weather was a little better..." Jace shrugged, tossing a look skyward before meeting the cheerleader's gaze again. "Failing all that, there's always games. Video games, that is." It was a little unfortunate that he had to end on something that a girl like her probably wouldn't like. They really were the most consistent source of entertainment for him, though. He didn't have to put a lot of effort into finding people to play them with.

"Y'knooow... You'd probably stop having shitty Mondays if you picked up an actual hobby." Jace mused, unable to keep a teasing smirk off his face. If there was one thing he was never gonna stop nagging her about, it was the way she practically asked the world to screw her over every weekend. "It'd give us something to do, too."

Winona Winona

Users who are viewing this thread

Back