• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Weltschmerz: OOC/FAQ

Should the Official OOC be on Discord or RPN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
FAQ
Q: How does combat work?
A: Considering the role-play will have a lot of action and combat involved, adding modifiers and scores to everything ends up being kind of complicated. Dices can be fun, but not everyone understands it. That is why the GMs have settled with a very simple, straight-forward, combat system. Here is how it breaks down:

The GMs present you a challenge and gives the challenge a target number from one to ten. Players come up with a plan and narrate it. Afterwards, the GMs will grade two things (with a maximum score of five points each):

1. the plan itself (how plausible, imaginative and efficient it is)
2. the narration (how good was the roleplaying, how well were the PCs personalities represented, PC interaction, etc.)

Afterwards, both scores will be added to see if the target number was met. If not, good luck dealing with the shit you've generated.

It is important to note that not all combat will require this system put in place. This system will only be used when GMs present said obstacles, if role-players request the GMs to determine the outcome, or if there is a large scale combat requiring strategies.

Above all, don't ask "Were we successful?", you will find out... In Character. The scores will only be discussed between GMs for the purpose of keeping suspense >: )

FAQ
Q: Where, when, and how does the story begin?
A: Our story will begin in end of March 2019, Berlin (Germany). The first IC post will depend on the main cast selected.
Here is a quick timeline of the pandemic for each one of you to situate yourself a bit better:

July 2018
Cases emerged across the globe of incurable fever.

September 2018
At least half of the population became affected by the first stage of the virus.

December 2018
The first recorded deaths from the incurable fever and resurrections amongst recently fallen patients. Recorded acceleration in the progression of infection.

January 2019
Most countries fell in complete anarchy, with the exception of a few Northern European Countries, China, North Korea, and Argentina.

April 2019
The Great Wall of China got destroyed. The Chinese government has fallen. All other contacts with foreign countries got lost.

March 2019
Germany was the last remaining active post, until a complete black out. The military disappeared from Berlin, the people were left on their own from one day to another.

When are we allowed to post our character applications?
You are allowed to post it as soon as you feel it fit!

We didn’t announce yet the deadline as we are waiting to see the people interested, but expect at least a good 14 days... basically, the deadline will be a day before we start the IC :)

Ye i meant character creation!

Tell me about them :)
Well they’re not fully fleshed out but what I have so far is:
17 yr old German-American visiting his grandparents for a couple years, after the initial start of anarchy he sort of contracted? (I don’t know the correct term) minor Apathy. Before the infection started he was an aspiring artist and writer, he had an American buddy who was into engineering, so he knows a small bit of that. He also knows about the human body(joints, weak points etc.)
He is a fast thinker, played tennis, very logical, and as a result of his apathy he is very cold in regard to fighting and human emotions. Before the outbreak he was hesitant to even slap somebody, now he is the exact opposite in that regard. He isn’t that strong so uses his mind to win fights. He also hates it when someone hurts cats and/or dogs. He is also self-proclaimed nocturnal, so he gets really tired.
His name is Aaron Neuman. I just need to flesh out his backstory a bit more and a few other things.
The second character is his American buddy, who was flying in to work on a project the two had proposed in middle school. That’s really all I have for the second character. His name is Ashton Lee

Well they’re not fully fleshed out but what I have so far is:
17 yr old German-American visiting his grandparents for a couple years, after the initial start of anarchy he sort of contracted? (I don’t know the correct term) minor Apathy. Before the infection started he was an aspiring artist and writer, he had an American buddy who was into engineering, so he knows a small bit of that. He also knows about the human body(joints, weak points etc.)
He is a fast thinker, played tennis, very logical, and as a result of his apathy he is very cold in regard to fighting and human emotions. Before the outbreak he was hesitant to even slap somebody, now he is the exact opposite in that regard. He isn’t that strong so uses his mind to win fights. He also hates it when someone hurts cats and/or dogs. He is also self-proclaimed nocturnal, so he gets really tired.
His name is Aaron Neuman. I just need to flesh out his backstory a bit more and a few other things.
The second character is his American buddy, who was flying in to work on a project the two had proposed in middle school. That’s really all I have for the second character. His name is Ashton Lee
I also have a question, what is the limit for starting weapons? Can we start off with automatic weapons and swords or do we have to start off with pistols and machetes/bats?

I also have a question, what is the limit for starting weapons? Can we start off with automatic weapons and swords or do we have to start off with pistols and machetes/bats?
Oof boy, weapons are limited xD we in germany not USA. That is why i did not put starting weapons in cs because depending on the situation we choose to start with, every character might or might not have weapons xD who knows!

As far as I find reasonable, 1/3 people have a gun at most? Preps might have bats or improvised weapons... we are one year in so at least one weapon proficiency i’d say...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back