• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom ๐š ๐šŽ๐š•๐šŒ๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜ ๐š›๐šŠ๐š™๐š๐šž๐š›๐šŽ (๐š‹๐š’๐š˜๐šœ๐š‘๐š˜๐šŒ๐š”)

whatโ€™s stopping you from reaching out?

• donโ€™t know anything about bioshock

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • not interested in bioshock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • under age requirement

• differing writing styles

• expectations too demanding

• donโ€™t have the time to commit

• youโ€™re a bit intimidating

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • other

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

sophocles

๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณโ€™๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
My Interest Check

โ no gods or kings. only man โž

1Y3n.gif

so, i've recently discovered and played through the entirety of the bioshock franchise, and i am desperate for more content.
this thread contains *spoilers*, so if you havenโ€™t played bioshock and are planning to at some point, please turn away!

• sophocles (she/her), also known as soph.
    iโ€™m twenty-three years old, an architect by trade, and a writer at heart. little bit about me, my hobbies include video games, bullet journaling, crocheting, and daydreaming!

i'm in the central timezone and will be most active during the night hours on weekdays. weekends are free real estate. specifically six pm to eleven pm on weekdays, at least for detailed replies.

i have about nine years of writing/roleplay experience and my post length ranges from 750 - 1200+ words. i will try match my partner with whatever they are comfortable with doing, but any writing under 500 words is very rare (and hard, to be honest) for me. i can also provide writing and character samples!

i write in third person, past tense, with plenty of description and detail.

iโ€™m not ghost friendly, but iโ€™m okay with a quick departure with a message! life gets busy; thatโ€™s one thing i completely understand! if you no longer have the time, energy, or muse to continue, all i ask is to please let me know before leaving! just donโ€™t leave me hanging.

bioshock-welcome-to-rapture-tunnel-npi76rnmi4tlqysh.gif

when it comes down to writing bioshock, i'm only interested in rapture. sorry to disappoint any infinite fans, but that game was not my cup of tea.

what i want is the before and the after of rapture. seeing the city as it was and how it will become. adding our own names into the history book or having them drowned to make a man look better. there is just so much content hidden around the events of the first two games (and burial at sea) that i would love to take advantage of! i already have multiple plot ideas that we could build from or we could go entirely out of the box. the cogs are turning just thinking about it lol.

i crave it all; action, thriller, horror, romance. just set it in rapture and i'll be happy.

so, normally, i would only encourage the use of original characters, but given the fact that the prominent rapture figures are simply known to us through their audio logs, that leaves a TON of room for character interpretation. i'm also really gung-ho to portray a version of atlas, so i've turned against my own preference lol. all character ideas and interpretations will be welcome!

please note, i'm only posting plot skeletons below! i have plenty of character pairing and motivations based on each, but it's already taken me too long to write this interest check. there is more to them than meets the eye.

very excited to get started!

โŽˆ

โ a man chooses, a slave obeys โž
sophocles' plots set in rapture

• 338f773cc36e38fd6987563d79a3aa79b497a37e.gifv

โ welcome to the golden age of rapture โž

this is leaning on 'slice of life' with a touch of sinister thriller. the idealistic backdrop of the great chain, hiding the questionable choices being made behind the scenes:

the smuggling ring of frank fontaine.
    the conception of the little sister program.
    the progression of the plasmid market.
    the indoctrination of sofia lamb.
    dr. steinman's path to aesthetician.
    the maddening genius of sander cohen.
    the politics of andrew ryan and the central council

two civilians stumble into a world hidden from the populace. the dark and gritty of rapture.
    once you've made that jump, there's truly no turning back.

bumping for the evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back