• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

WeaselThor

The Thundering Mustelid
…Powers…

They have been a part of human legends and myths for time immemorial. The Strength of Hercules, the Lightning of Zeus, The Mental powers of Quetzalcoatl. However the question as to wether or not they they or real has only a few times been seriously contemplated in history…or at least that’s what they would have you think. Powers do exist, and People all over the world live with them, but they have learned to keep their heads down and stay hidden. For if a meta human reveals themselves They will find them and the metahumans will vanish. Only a select few even know who They are, Those who resist them. They are a hidden Kabal of Rich and powerful people, a kabal that began in Rome thousands of years ago and for the sole purpose of keeping those blessed with superpowers hidden and away from any kind of power. Yet one must wonder if this Kabal is correct after all centuries before they existed super powered individuals called themselves Gods and Ruled the world with a cruel indifference and nearly drove it to extinction. No one knows how it happened but these gods were cast aside and mankind was able to thrive free from their tyrannical reign.

Now in the modern era those who like the “gods” of old are born blessed with abilities that seem like magical godlike power to the normal person. However the development of modern technology seems to be causing the veil of secrecy to crumble. Metahumans are being targeted left and right as the time when the governments and Hidden Kabal’s could keep their existence hidden from the world seems to have passed. You are one of these gifted individuals, someone born with amazing power, someone whose gifts and true self have had to remain hidden since your childhood. However with posts of other empowered individuals spreading like wildfire and with news companies beginning to cover it perhaps the time to make yourself known has finally arrived.
~~~
(Hello you guys. As of late I’ve found it rather difficult to keep a GM plot steered RP running, so I have decided it’s time to make a player driven RP. There will be an underlying plot and a few things that I will be attempting to steer, but for the most part it will be a sandbox where characters will be able to carve a place for themselves within reason. There are a few limitations that will need to be placed to make the world actually feasible.

1.) No one is capable of facing down the hidden Kabal Alone. The whole point of them is that they are the most serious threat to the Metahumans. I don’t want to see someone tearing apart squads from the Kabal in their backstory, one agent is a problem for most, two or more tends to be a death sentence as their tech is well beyond the US military.

2.) Powers that remove free will, the ability to react, or another individuals powers will not be accepted. Others Among the banned list include reality warping, mind control, power manipulation, time manipulation, and any power capable of destroying a city. Abilities claimed by NPC’s include Telepathy, Medium psychic powers, hyper intelligence, invisibility. Powers claimed by my PC are Invulnerability. Claimed powers are not to say they cannot be used but your possessing that ability must bear some serious differences to make it unique. I’ll help if you need it or if you wish to have an ability listed as claimed your welcome to ask how theirs works so you can make a different version.

3.) Immortality is allowed in this RP but with some conditions. No one has the actual power to live forever and that’s it. Immortality comes as a side effect of certain powers, for example someone with rapid regeneration may have the condition be that they constantly regenerate back to the point they were when the power awakened, thus meaning they cannot age beyond that point anymore. Thus regeneration is the power, but immortality is the side effect. That said no characters will be allowed to have immortals older than 500 years as something happened back then that wiped all ancients with the exception of a few plot pertinent characters. If you wish to be one of these plot related Ancients you may ask but they do have set abilities and histories so it may not have as much wiggle room as you think.

anything beyond that is pretty basic and can be discussed further. I’m looking for players who can put down at least two paragraphs per post, no one liners please. Also it’s important to note this is not a superhero RP. No spandex hero names or any of that jazz. These are supposed to be people who would otherwise be normal and might have lead a normal life if not for the modern age stripping them of cover and strengthening the Kabal. Cs and Lore will go up as interest does, the main RP will hopefully begin Wednesday. If you have any questions or suggestions don’t hesitate to make them heard.)​

Neat. Would shapeshifting as a superpower work?
Certainly. In fact I could see it being particularly useful in this setting. They don’t really have power detection methods beyond a few captured metas with abilities that may be able to sense others but those “sniffers” are few and far between.

Certainly. In fact I could see it being particularly useful in this setting. They don’t really have power detection methods beyond a few captured metas with abilities that may be able to sense others but those “sniffers” are few and far between.
Love this! I'm really loving this setting and I think that I would have some fun ideas for characters.

Will there be a discord?

I'm rather interested. No firm powers yet, though perhaps something that progresses that would have gotten them portrayed as something monstrous in the days of mythology. Examples being Medusa from Greek Mythology, or Fenrir and Jormungandr from Norse.

I'm rather interested. No firm powers yet, though perhaps something that progresses that would have gotten them portrayed as something monstrous in the days of mythology. Examples being Medusa from Greek Mythology, or Fenrir and Jormungandr from Norse.

any number of mutating powers could do something of that nature. Such as stone skin turning giant, a combination of the two, lava form, giant beast form. I mean there is in the works an entire clan of mythological beast shifters.

On a side note while magic does not exist here not everyone is aware of that and not all powers are explainable by science as it exists now. So it’s entirely possible for a character to believe their abilities are magic and for many others to believe it as well.

Very most definitely looking into a dragon-esque character

Alright y’all I’m 20 minutes late and I apologize
take your frustrations out on your keyboards or touch pads as you crank out your masterpiece characters.

It's always nice to see another mustelid enthusiast. Did you know that the yellow-bellied weasel is a real animal and not just an old west insult?

1630280842414.png

Also If I make a character, can I rock that 1930's pulp drip? It's not spandex, strictly speaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back