• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Wedding Bells - Exalted 3e OOC thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Both concepts will work. Just depends on what you want to run.

Okay. I'm currently feeling inclined to go with the swordswoman idea. I'll send you the Even Blade 3E homebrew that I found, just so you can look it over and check it's okay for me to use before I start designing my character.

Attachments

• Even Blade Style.pdf
    151 KB · Views: 3
Interesting style. On the first scan of it, I don't see any issues with it, so I doubt that there is any problems for this style.

My swordswoman's starting to take form!

On a related note, how much are all of our characters going to know each other beforehand? I'm imagining that at the very least, Kasumi would have hung out with Moretta and Melati during V'neef galas, salons and the like. She'd definitely have interacted with Melati during secondary school though, seeing as they'd have been in the same year at the Spiral Academy.

In that case, I suppose the matter of discussion is how close or otherwise all of our characters are going to be with each other. I like to think that Kasumi would be friends with her fellow V'neef Dynasts, due to shared family ties if nothing else. Anyone else got any suggestions?

Alright, I believe I'm done. I'll figure out Intimacies soon.

For relationships, I imagine V'Neef Guro is more of an oddball or outsider in the group. Any bonds would be recent.

Alright, I believe I'm done. I'll figure out Intimacies soon.

For relationships, I imagine V'Neef Guro is more of an oddball or outsider in the group. Any bonds would be recent.
Didn't know you were also playing a V'neef, otherwise I'd have considered you as well in my previous post.

Does anyone wish to volunteer themselves to be the older sibling of the bride to be?

Looks like Rykon is adopted, too, so it is down to Psychie or Random Word Random Word . Random, do you wish to fight for the honor of this, or shall we give it to Psy?

Ok. I hope to be able to get everything going by the beginning of next week. I have a camping trip this weekend that will have me off line for a few days for my birthday, so it gives everyone time to get the polish on your sheets and have everything ready.

I have not heard from Enmyira Enmyira in a few days. You doing ok? Anything we can help you with to be ready to start with us?

Ok. I hope to be able to get everything going by the beginning of next week. I have a camping trip this weekend that will have me off line for a few days for my birthday, so it gives everyone time to get the polish on your sheets and have everything ready.

Sounds good to me. Have fun, and a happy birthday.

I'll do my best. Lets spend a fortune to live outside like a homeless person.

Seriously, I am hoping that this is as fun as my wife is telling me it will be. I am looking forward to getting out to the mountain and enjoying the campsite.

Happy birthday!

To avoid scandal, the older sibling of the bride has to be ~20 years older than the presumably ~22 year old bride to be, instead of fresh out of secondary school - at that point Melati may actually be the ambassador! Being from a completely different generation would rather preclude being friends with everyone else from secondary school. At that point Melati would be V'Neef's daughter instead of her granddaughter, since I would like her to be main branch rather than one of the many adopted powerful Patrician families or Cadet Houses rolled into V'Neef. I think I would prefer to be the bride's cousin, but I don't mind being the older sibling if she is V'Neef's blood descendant. The other option is the player is the younger sibling of the bride, and the bride is the one who is ~44. That does raise the question of why they weren't already married, but perhaps they've been courting this monarch for a decade and the negotiations have been complex enough they were only settled last year.

Yes, I'm perfectly happy to have Melati be school BFFs with adopted cousin Kasumi if Psychie is being team mom. Maybe Cathak Enathia is also a school friend, but I suspect she's going to attend the House of Bells, in which case perhaps she's a primary school friend of Melati's.

I have no idea what Melati's opinion of Moretta is - she's a sorceress, and potentially much older, both factors that would lead to her not attending the same parties, but if Moretta isn't in her 40s they might have been childhood friends before Moretta went to the Heptagram.

Guro's another odd one. A Pasiap's Stair adopted found egg isn't exactly a natural friend for a main branch party girl with no taste for violence. Presumably Guro is an officer in the V'Neef legions or the marines? She probably respects the necessity of what he does, but finds it boring and distasteful.

I think Enathia and Kasumi are the most likely bonds, by virtue of social standing and proximity.

I can have Moretta be the 'team mom' without a problem. I just need to adjust her age a bit. Also, with the social sigma of being a sorceress, it would explain why she has not been married off to a suitable suitor yet. So would that make the bride to be a cousin of one or more of the characters then? If so, that's fine with me.

Hmm. I was not vapor locked on someone being sister/brother with the bride. I just want that there is a close family link to her by our players. Perhaps our bride is Moretta's niece. That could work, too.

If the bride is descended from V'Neef, and the bride has an older sister, then technically Melati is the bride's niece, even though they're the same age, because the bride must be the actual V'Neef's daughter. The second daughter of V'Neef's daughter is at most 10 years old. Melati would be the daughter of the bride's older sister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back