• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Wedding Bells - Exalted 3e OOC thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
With the right Merits, can I take the role of Realm ambassador to Wavecrest? Maybe appointed ~3 years ago out of secondary school, and helped arrange this royal marriage with my cousin? I suppose it does stretch credulity that an ambassadorial post that important would go to someone fresh out of secondary - maybe seconded to the ambassador's staff as an apprentice to learn the trade.

I am interested in getting a 3e version of the Infinite Resplendence Amulet. I am thinking it would be a version of the Silken Armor, but since it would have the Evocation to be able to change appearance, it would bump it up to the 5 dot level. If this is ok, could I get the Starmetal version with the added benefit of the storage space in the pockets of Elsewhere?

With the right Merits, can I take the role of Realm ambassador to Wavecrest? Maybe appointed ~3 years ago out of secondary school, and helped arrange this royal marriage with my cousin? I suppose it does stretch credulity that an ambassadorial post that important would go to someone fresh out of secondary - maybe seconded to the ambassador's staff as an apprentice to learn the trade.
Being the Ambassador is a post that is a bit beyond a newly Exalted member of the Realm, but you could be a newly appointed member of the Ambassador's staff, and that's why you are all on the ship sailing out from the Blessed Isle together.
I am interested in getting a 3e version of the Infinite Resplendence Amulet. I am thinking it would be a version of the Silken Armor, but since it would have the Evocation to be able to change appearance, it would bump it up to the 5 dot level. If this is ok, could I get the Starmetal version with the added benefit of the storage space in the pockets of Elsewhere?
Are you looking for the defense of the Silken Armor (basically the Moonsilver IRA) and the Starmetal one? I can handle this as a five dot item, considering that the Silken Armor by itself is a four dot artifact.

I put up the skeleton of a character. I'm refluffing the Revelation Sphere from Heirs to the Shogunate. Instead of being a super magic finding compass I'm making it a super organization building garden, making the Wood Aspected metaphor of tending society like a garden very concrete and magically potent. I do want to check that this isn't going to cause a problem and doesn't completely deviate from your ideas for the game. I'm thinking V'Neef Naura Melati has some homework from Grandma V'Neef (V'Neef is so young she's literally Melati's grandmother, and that makes the Empress her great grandmother!) to leave Abalone better than when she found it in between keeping her cousin company, ensuring the wedding goes off without a hitch, and seeing to her duties for the Thousand Scales, so she's going to find a poor neighbourhood somewhere in the city and adopt it, building it into a cohesive and prosperous (and probably very loyal and lucrative) community.

Also she's got a flying Lesser Wood Dragon retainer with Legendary Size because wow look at all those Merit points and the Sky Titan was the closest thing I could find in the books. Feel free to veto that one if you like.

Cool idea. I like it. I wanted to have a familiar, but I just ran out of points for it. So much to buy, so few points!

I have the heart of Enmyira Enmyira 's sheet done up, and just need to work on the background for her. We are one step closer to game start.

Once everyone has a complete sheet ready, I'll review and we can get this story on the move.

IIRC, the Red Monk is not a game unbalancing follower, but let me double check the write-up and make sure.

Just to let you know, I have (I think) finished my sheet. Moretta is ready for your approval.

So if it isn't too late, I'm thinking of joining this game. Assuming of course that you'll still have me.

My good man, unless I am totally booked up, you will always have a place in my games. Feel free to jump in!

Enmyira Enmyira just needs to go ahead and copy/paste her character over to the board, and both Rykon Rykon and WlfSamurai WlfSamurai have some work to do on their sheets still.

Random Word Random Word ; other than your background, it looks like you have finished your character. Just give a shout out to me when you are all done and ready for me to check it over.

So anyway, I get that we're all overseeing a marriage, but what's this game likely to involve in terms of activities?

Also, what are everyone else's plans regarding characters? I vaguely recall seeing Random mention wanting to be ambassador to Wavecrest, but aside from that, I'm none too sure. (Just saw that this idea had been shot down).

As for my idea, one concept I had was being a Peleps naval officer (because West), but unless the scope of this game is expected to reach beyond Wavecrest, I don't see there being much point in having Sail. Otherwise, one idea I had was being an Immaculate Monk who focuses on beating up ornery Storm Mothers, but I don't know how appropriate that would be for this game.

Also, what period is this taking place in again? After the Empress's disappearance?

There is going to be some fighting as there are some that are not in favor of this treaty being ratified, but that is not the sole focus of the game. I will drop a hint that one of the critics of this is located to the north of Wavecrest.

WlfSamurai is a bodyguard, Psychie is a sorceress, Random Word is a bureaucrat, and Enmyira is going to pull in a Fire Aspect Immaculate Monk

So, the game is taking place in the power vacuum of the disappearance of the Empress.

I'm liable to go Lost/Found Egg, and either Brawl or Martial Arts. I hope I'll have time to catch up on RPN soon.

Lost Egg is fine as long as you are in good standing with one of the Great Houses. There is no rush in getting your sheet done. We still have several days before I open up the IC thread so you have time.

I figured with V'Neef being the central focus, he was likely one of the adopted Exalts from the Threshold.

After giving it a bit of thought, I'm feeling inclined towards creating a V'neef character, just for the sake of reducing inter-house friction. Now I'm just trying to decide what kind of character to make.

I will say that you will be staying in the Wavecrest island area for a while, so a navy officer or ship captain may not be the best to go with, unless you can come up with a reason for your vessel to be sitting at the dock for a time. Down the road, there will be opportunities for ship-to-ship combat, so some dots in Sail couldn't hurt, but you have time for that.

I will say that you will be staying in the Wavecrest island area for a while, so a navy officer or ship captain may not be the best to go with, unless you can come up with a reason for your vessel to be sitting at the dock for a time. Down the road, there will be opportunities for ship-to-ship combat, so some dots in Sail couldn't hurt, but you have time for that.

Yeah, that was one of my concerns when I bought up the scope of this game.

Okay. I have to head off to the bank right about now, and then I have a work-related webchat, but afterwards I'll try and have a think about it all.

Cool deal. I am hoping to start putting down some IC posts by this weekend.

Okay. I've got two ideas for outcaste V'Neef characters. One of them's a Water Aspect Martial Artist/swordswoman who uses either Single Point Shining Into the Void Style or Even Blade Style (I found a homebrew version of it for 3E a while ago). The other's a Wood Aspect Archer/rogue from Wu-Jian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back