• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Bakuyoshi

The lord of shipping
"OK I am finally at this blasted Continent. Stupid sailors can't tell good weather from bad weather at this point! Look maybe I can stop what he's planning. I have my special lantern, a couple of books I think I have... Oh dio sono troppo tardi." The odd person mumbling to himself as he falls to his knees at the sight of what was once a bustling town. The buildings lost to what seemed to be an impossible force that no man could stand against. Bodies littered the ground, with multiple pieces missing from some. And others were so horrific that imagination was likely the option less likely to make him go insane. He had to find a place to not even be able to see them just to calm down. "Shit, he already attacked them. Meaning I have to do my part." slowly pulling out five vials of a crimson liquid out each of them marked with an insignia. Slowly inserting each one into a slot of his lantern each one glowing as a flame of ever changing color lights up in the middle. The man focusing on the flame.

"I know you may be startled by this, and I am deeply sorry. I desperately wish I could've come sooner. But all Five of you need to listen. I need you all to meet at a tavern at the outskirts of a Coastal town on the West end of your land. I am an ally that can help you more then you can believe. I am unsure of how long we may meet, I pray it be soon for what lies in front of me is a horrific sight. Be careful and by all means show caution to anyone you could encounter."

So I best say it is time to introduce myself. I am Baku (and you can just call me that). And this is my pitch for this RP I wanted to make. Well it is not fully mine and I will get to crediting at a later point in this post.

This is a very different fantasy RP to start off. This is one where the good guys are not in a good position period. You are weak in comparison to the forces that face you. But a calm mind and a bit of strategy can potentially allow you to get something akin to an upper hand. Here battle will not always be the way, sometimes you can win with a silver tongue. In the end you have to really think of every potential encounter in as many ways as you can.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world

This RP's setting is based in a somewhat Medieval society. Most of society is very close to actual Medieval times, but tech wise they are a little more advanced then what they would actually be. Oil is becoming popular for making sure everything is lit well, and recently Gunpowder was made, albeit only used in cannons at the moment, it's full potential not having been tapped yet.

So things like guns are not a thing yet, your characters when and if the RP starts cannot have guns. Not even simple ones, no guns Period.

On the continent you all sit on you have 5 different kingdoms. 5 lucky people will apply for a role to be the last living royal family member for each kingdom, please keep in mind that only 1 person for royal. As in you can't apply to be multiple royals. You get to work on how your kingdom functions and where it sits in this world, but for maximum effectiveness talk with each other for an idea of relations, who your kingdom is pals or enemies with, what is their export, culture, etc. Once all that is said and done just send me what you got and once the Main RP hits I will have each kingdom in a lore page.

But for those of you looking for an itch to be a bad guy, I will be setting up 5 roles for the five generals of the Mad kings army, the Shade Lords. Each one having a different fighting style, personality, and approaching how they operate. How you want them is entirely up to you. And unlike all of the human characters shade lords get a single power and a strength and a weakness. Keep in mind it has to make sense. Say for example you make a shade lord based off of a siren. Keep it consistent, have their strength be something along the line of having a silver tongue. But in exchange have them be weak in terms of actual physical combat, make them rely on others to do the heavy lifting or even bring your enemies into a fit of paranoia.

Now I will set up the roles everything is first come first serve here.

Royal of the north: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Royal of the Midlands: HerosLeader HerosLeader
Royal of the east: Trektek Trektek
Royal of the west: Steve Freeling Steve Freeling
Royal of the south: . D O V E . D O V E

Northern shade lord: Divon Divon
Midlands shade lord: StaidFoal StaidFoal
Eastern shade lord: open
Western shade lord: Trektek Trektek
Southern shade lord: Athanas Athanas

PS: As I did mention earlier the base concept of this world came from the Wonderful Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow should she ever come back to the original RP I will happily send you all that RP's way. And let this one act as a spin off if none of you are interested in that idea.

Last edited:
I'm interested. I would like to claim the East. Also, are we limited to being humans or are fantasy races allowed?

Whoops. I meant to put Royal, but if I can play the Eastern Royal and the Western Shade, I'd be all for that. :-D

By the way just as a heads up I am formatting stuff for the RP itself but the stuff like CS's and OOC won't be made till a good amount of the slots have been filled.

Also just a few quick questions.
How often are you expecting us to post? (This will decide whether it's convenient or not for me to join).
How many characters are we allowed to make? I may decide to make a subordinate of one of the royals.

I'd say a max of 2 for person. And you can post at your leisure but remember to not make people wait for too long.

I'd say a max of 2 for person. And you can post at your leisure but remember to not make people wait for too long.
2 ppl is fine. As for posting, I'm a med student so I'm super busy during the week so I tend to post between 1-3 times at the weekends. Is this sufficient?

Interested!
Also I have an existing oc I want to ask about to see if he'd work as a shade (east would be cool) but if he doesnt work mark me up for northern royal and Ill make a new character.

Anyway the basics of the character I already have is: a knight- but he's been cursed (I can change this to fit rp more) to "never escape himself" aka, identical copies of him manifest near him often enough; they are fairly easy to defeat usually but if one does overpower and kill him, he becomes the one that wins and the cycle continues. Copies of him are incapable of speech and do not live their own lives; their pure purpose is to be created and destroy him.

So with some alterations, I was kinda wondering if he'd fit in as a shade like so= power: copies of himself, strength: comes back after being killed, weakness: copies fight him too.

Of course I've just been wanting to use this character but if that doesn't work then you can tell me something to change if its a smaller change, otherwise Id be glad to take north royal spot :)

edited shade to east cause I saw north was taken XP

It can honestly be an Amazing concept. But in terms of it I could make some suggestions. If you were to run a Royal we could have this Soma like idea where the BBEG had caught you but decided to curse you with a fate worse then death, so long as any numbers of copies exist you keep coming back and the only way for it to end is for your character to die is for them to off themselves. Think the idea of the copies all holding similar ideas and capable of speech but it is believed by all of them they are the original. When the original dies by a copy that copy becomes the new target. And it will keep going in an attempt to drive your character to near insanity and eventually have you end yourself killing one target without him lifting a finger.

I get all of it except the beginning and very end- If I were to run a royal? So... you think they should be a royal instead? I'm confused
And the end 'eventually have you end yourself killing one target without lifting a finger' What do you mean by this?

For the rest of it though thats fine with me, and I feel like I could pull it off. The reason I had the copies not talk is so it'd be easier to play since I feel like causing arguments with 'myself' could be a bit challenging lol, but I can still give it a shot. Also I'm fine with them all believing they are the original, it seems like it could be interesting that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back