• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Warhammer 30k: A Split Path

Varalor

Welcome to the world of Warhammer 30k. Whether you're an experienced veteran of the lore/tabletop game or someone who just was interested, you're welcome to join.

The world of Warhammer 30k and beyond can be rather harsh. From large insectoid creatures that evolve based on the genetic material they eat to demonic entities that reside in another dimension (essentially) that become stronger based on the raw emotions, feelings and actions that a mortal creates in the universe. Large machine guns that shoot .75 caliber rounds, swords, axes, spears, even harness the power of the Warp (Magic) for yourselves!

This Roleplay will begin with 18 players at the maximum and is planned to update Bi-Weekly, as in every 2 weeks. The players will play through the time rather quickly, which will be explained once enough interest has gathered, as one of the 20 unique Primarchs of the Emperor. A small summary of the lore and important things of note will be written below for any who are new to the lore in general. Once 3 or more people have shown interest I'll give much more details on the events to come along with rules, character sheets and other threads as needed. While I'm not looking for expert novelists, those who can write clearly and concisely are preferred. Be prepared to write a backstory for your character to include a planet that they have grown up on, that planet's culture, special abilities/skills, and a purpose.

Common Terms/Lore

The Emperor - Also known as "God-Emperor". Little is known about this man except that he is very old... and very powerful. Speculated to be the most powerful psycher in the galaxy. Although an enigma in his actions to everyone, including his sons, there seems to be one goal in mind. The survival of the human race. The Emperor would go on to lead mankind on Terra to unification with the use of genetically modified super soldiers. The Primarchs would then be created by this man through some unknown means, and through them, the Space Marines. Only the Chaos Gods would be able to match this man's power. The Chaos Gods would snatch away his "sons" through the warp where each one would end up separated from each other and spread throughout the galaxy.

The Chaos Gods - Also known as the "Ruinous Powers". These powerful and mysterious beings individually known as the Chaos Gods are beings that reside within the Warp. Each represents an aspect of not only humanity, but most xenos creatures in the universe. First among them is Khorne, the Lord of Battle, possessed of towering and immortal fury. Tzeetch, the bizarre and ever-changing Architect of Fate, who weaves powerful sorceries to bend the future to his will. Nurgle, the Lord of Decay, labors endlessly to spread infection and disease. The last of their number is Slaanesh, the Dark Prince, indulgent of every pleasure and excess, no matter how immoral or perverse. Although some of these "Gods" may not seem too bad, do not be fooled. These beings like to twist others to their will by taking belonging of their very soul.

Primarch - The "sons" of the Emperor. These beings were crafted by the Emperor himself to be his warriors and generals. 20 were spread throughout the galaxy by the ruinous powers as a precaution against the Emperor. Each one personally crafted by the Emperor with some sort of purpose. Though many will have lost their purpose through being raised upon a new planet or simply would never know, it can be mostly inferred by their specialties. These "humans" are almost demi-gods. Special features for some would be angelic wings or even powerful psychers who can see clearly into the future. Others may be entirely immune to the powers of the Warp, though most entertain some form resistance to Warp abilities. Some were simply incredibly charismatic or were great at statecraft, one has red skin and was a powerful psycher while another had black skin and was a Perpetual (beings that are functionally immortal in both age and from wounds.)

*Note* While I prefer not to limit genders, I'm normally very traditionalist as well. In this setting it's specifically stated that Primarchs cannot be female. I assume it's from something to do with the fact that these beings were created simply to be generals for the Great Crusade. Perhaps with a very detailed backstory/reason I could be convinced to allow some female Primarchs. Just let me know what you're thinking and we'll give it a whirl.

Space Marine - A space marine is a human that has been genetically modified through the Emperor's invention. Implanted with 19 completely new organs and cultivated from the gene-seed of their own Primarch, these men are warriors through and through. Each gaining some minor aspect of the abilities of their Primarch. Some Primarchs, however, pass on more than just their good qualities. Some pass on mutations from their own gene-seed onto their sons. This includes things like the Red Thirst from the blood angel legion. This causes the Blood Angel space marines to dive into an uncontrollable vampiric thirst for blood. Each single Space Marine is much, much more powerful than a super soldier such as Master Chief for reference.

Psycher - These beings/mortals harness the power of the Warp to use what some would call magic. Whether it is simply throwing fireballs or making an enemy see illusions, there seems to be no limit except the power of the Psycher themselves. Since the psychers use the Warp to release their power, it should be noted that failure to use it responsibly and with caution can lead to demonic entities emerging from the Warp in that very spot. More issues could include being dragged into the Warp yourself or endangering others in an countless unpredictable ways.

The Warp - Also known as the "Immaterium", "Aether", and "Sea of Souls". The dimension in which the Ruinous Powers and daemons reside. This place is primarily used as a conduit to travel through space at alarming speeds, think light speed in most SciFi. Time moves unpredictably in the Warp, whether it be slower or faster. A place that no mortal seems to have ever actually figured out.

Daemon - A being that resides in the Warp as an underling of an individual Chaos God or as a general Chaos Demon, or "Chaos Unaligned". They feast on the souls of the living after death and are mostly known for being... uncooperative. Each one has a true name that can be used to temporarily bind it to the speaker and make it easier to banish or destroy. Simply destroying or banishing a daemon will not kill it. The daemon will simply be sent back into the Warp. Very few things can give daemons a true death.

These terms are generally the most basic of the basic of the lore. Barely scratching the surface. Let me know if this peaks your interest and I will give much more info. If this does interest you, I highly recommend reading about the lore on a wiki or online. A good place to start is from the 20 Primarchs and use them as a reference for a character. Past that there are xenos/alien races with quite a bit of backstory. Even better if you can start on the books, which are very good depending on which authors.

Warhammer 30k: A Split Path

Rules

This is a simple reference for players to make sure they stay on track.

OOC Thread Rules

1. The GM has final say on all issues within the confines of the actual roleplay.
2. Do not harass, insult, or purposely annoy other players.
3. Sexual content will not be tolerated as per this website's policy.
4. Keep flooding the OOC threads to a minimum. General chatting about the roleplay, your characters, and the related lore is highly encouraged, but try to keep unrelated topics away from the forums. There will be a discord server created for any other bullshitery that the players might want and for easy access to talk to me.
5. Be respectful to everyone in the OOC thread.
6. If you conveniently forget rules 2-5, remember rule #1.

Roleplay Thread Rules
1. Updates will be made Bi-Weekly. If everyone posts within a week and I'm available on the weekend, expect weekly updates. I will not tolerate flaming other players who have not posted.
2. Players who do not post by the time of the update will simply be put on auto-pilot and controlled by me.
3. In combat with another player, the character with the higher initiative will post first. The second player will then have a reaction post. The player who uses clever tactics, a more dynamic and believable interaction, or just simply has a massive combat stat advantage will most likely get the upper-hand in that engagement. Posts will continue this way with each player switching between having the first post or the reactive post after each update.
4. Do NOT auto finish an action unless it's believable in it's entirely. "I punched her in the chest and she flew into the air," is an example that I do not want against anything equal to a Space Marine or above. That being said, the players are Primarchs. If it's unrelated to the story or it's against a simple unaugmented human then I see no issue with this.

More rules will be added as needed or if something pops up. Let me know if I forgot something important, but I trust you to police yourselves.

Character Sheets

Here will be every new player's reference for how to build a character, including examples.

Template
Name: (What shall we call you?)
Race: (Other races will be open to players eventually. For now everyone is "Son/Daughter of the Emperor" dependent on gender.)
Gender: (Male, female, or unknown? This refers to your character biologically.)
Age: (Standard Terran years in most cases. For Primarchs this will left with "N/A" as there is no telling how long they were in the warp.)
Rank: (Primarch, Space Marine, etc. Everyone is a Primarch to begin this roleplay.)
Personality: (What makes you who you are? Likes? Dislikes? Timid or outgoing? Be descriptive.)
Homeworld: (As Primarchs, this will be the place where your gene-sons come from upon discovery and where most of your gene-seed will be stored.)
History: (Tell me about you. I wanna know how you lived on your planet as a Primarch. How did you conquer it? Did you even conquer it? Do note that all Primarchs conquered their planet or ruled it by the end except for Angron. How did the meeting with the Emperor go? Did you challenge him to an eating and drinking contest? Maybe a hunting contest? Perhaps you already even knew about him or were already in contact? Let me know.)

Base Attributes (These determine your physical and mental capabilities. Someone with a higher Strength stat will win an arm wrestle. Someone with a higher Intelligence will win a mathematics contest. Build these up to how you want your character to be perceived and in general how they act. Magnus would have a dumb high Intelligence, the Khan would have a high Dexterity, Lorgar would have high Charisma, so on and so forth. Primarchs receive 600 points to allocate where they want with a minimum of 30 in each stat.)
Strength: (How physically powerful you are. This determines the amount of damage you'll inflict with melee damage primarily and your carrying capacity.)
Dexterity: (How quick and agile you are. This determines how fast you move, your initiative, and ability to dodge.)
Constitution: (How much damage you can take. This determines your general health. Losing an arm might not slow you down or perhaps an immunity to diseases entirely with this being high enough.)
Intelligence: (How much initial knowledge your character possesses and potential to grow. This determines what your character will know or not know right off the bat and how much they will be capable of learning about any given subject.)
Wisdom: (How much your character can notice. This determines how quickly you'll notice strange things around you, including seeing how others normally act. You will have a distinct feeling that something is off.)
Charisma: (How good you are at convincing others and/or deceiving others. This determines how others will react to you, believing your lies or simply following you without question into battle.)

Technical Attributes (These will determine more specifics about fighting, psychic abilities and even administration. Leman Russ would have had high Weapon Skill and Leadership, Angron probably dumped everything into Weapon Skill, Roboute would have high Leadership which would help him run the Imperium, these attributes are more than just fighting potential. Primarchs receive 120 points to allocate where they want with a minimum of 10 in each stat.)
Weapon Skill: (This determines how accurate and skilled an individual is with melee weapons.)
Ballistics: (This determines how accurate and skilled an individual is with ranged weapons.)
Psychic Potency: (This determines how powerful the abilities a psycher may use.)
Psychic Control: (This determines how fine tuned the abilities of a psycher will be.)
Leadership: (This determines how fiercely your allies will fight for your orders.)
Strategy: (This determines how easily you break down an opponent's tactics and find weak points within.)

Unique Traits (These are skills that are, for the most part, unique to each character. Each Primarch may have up to 3 unique traits and starts with Warp Resistance. For example, Konrad Curze would have three traits related to striking fear into the hearts of enemies from being the Night Haunter, unpredictability from his insanity, and future sight. Traits rank from D-Rank to S-Rank. All Primarchs traits start at B-Rank at the lowest and they have 5 upgrades of letter grade, all the way up to SSS. D -> C -> B -> A -> S -> SS -> SSS.)

Warp Resistance (B-Rank) - This character has an inherent resistance to the Warp and it's effects. This includes all physical, mental, and spiritual effects on the character.
Primarchs
1st Legion Primarch - Unknown
2nd Legion Primarch - Unknown
3rd Legion Primarch - Unknown
4th Legion Primarch - Unknown
5th Legion Primarch - Unknown
6th Legion Primarch - Unknown
7th Legion Primarch - Unknown
8th Legion Primarch - Unknown
9th Legion Primarch - Unknown
10th Legion Primarch - Unknown
11th Legion Primarch - Unknown
12th Legion Primarch - Unknown
13th Legion Primarch - Unknown
14th Legion Primarch - Unknown
15th Legion Primarch - Unknown
16th Legion Primarch - Unknown
17th Legion Primarch - Unknown
18th Legion Primarch - Unknown
19th Legion Primarch - Unknown
20th Legion Primarch - Unknown

Last edited:
We will see! The story will play out a lot on how you players react. At least that’s the plan if others show interest!

Getting 18 might be a bit high of a player count

Oh definitely. It’s just an 18 maximum was the plan. I find it interesting to have players do their own thing and surprise me, rather than me ending up having the end goal in mind. I despise railroading players. If it doesn’t get more interest I’ll be content to start with 3 players. I’ll probably give this thread a week before I start finalizing some plans, then another week to flesh out everyone’s characters.

If you already have something in mind you’re welcome to PM me about it as for questions and such.

I’m interested, I have watched through a lot of lore on YouTube the most clear understanding I get if from the If the Emperor had a Text to Speech device YouTube series

I’m interested, I have watched through a lot of lore on YouTube the most clear understanding I get if from the If the Emperor had a Text to Speech device YouTube series

You aren't wrong. They make it very simple and straight forward with a bunch of comedy too! If you need any help or would like to talk about your ideas, let me know over PM! Until then I'm just waiting on more interest.

Hello! I'm interested in this RP; I'm a Tyranid/Emperor's Children player. I haven't been active on this site recently, but I'm getting back into RPN! An AU for making our own primarchs sounds fun, how about Sadgron? OMEGALUL

FOR THE EMPEROR AND SANGUINIUS, DEATH! DEEEAAAAATTTHH!

Clears throat.

Sorry about that... Color me intrigued! I think you may already know who I'll be xD

Also I'm fairly knowledgeable in regards to the 40k universe, so if any newcomers have any questions I'll be happy to help!

BATTLE BROTHERS! SPEHSS MAHRINES! TODAY THE ENEMY IS AT OUR DOORSTEP! WE KNOW OUR DUTY, AND WE SHALL DO IT!

Anyways, interested! Not sure who I'm gonna be, though. Either a Space Furry Wolf, or a Dark Angel.

The Space Wolves are rad. They're just fucking Viking werewolves that love killing shit. I would love a Space Wolves game, where you start as a Scout (can't remember what the Wolves call them,) and slowly win glory and rise up through the ranks.

I'd love the same thing, but with the Blood Angels, constantly struggling to maintain your nobility in the face of the Twin Curse

I'd be a Blood Raven, but since they aren't a thing in the 31st millennium, the Angels are the next best thing. Also, I'm not gonna play the classic, zealous Marine that's declaring that all heretics will die. He's going to be a cold, efficient killer. The heretics will know he's coming, but not because of the shouting. It's because he's left a trail of their comrades in his wake.

Ah come now, what's the point of killing heretics when you aren't screaming zealously?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back