• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Warhammer 30k: A Split Path OOC

lol no primarch dosen't use psyker power except the example this means no creed of nikea

Sheets looking bad guys!
Also just so you know Council there is no magic, only psychic abilities. Unless you mean sorcery, but, heh, that'd mean you're a follower of the Ruinous powers.
And then I'd have to purge ya ;D

i believe at this time the thousand sons were using "sorcery" though i would have to check the terms used again as they were psykers but they use lots of rituals so yeah

I think the thousand sons did refer to it as sorcery. But important thing is they are the same, no distinction really between magic, sorcery of psychic abilitirs

there is a slight difference sorcery can be used by none psykers and is all bout rituals and belief while psyker power is using your will to beat the warp into shape

Well technically everything all of it is psychic, as all of that power comes from the Warp. Sorcery typically is what is co spidered to be used by the worshippers of Chaos.
While non psychics can do rituals to try and summon forth the ruinous powers, it's better done with psychics to assist

yeah so yeah "magic" can be used mostly by space marines though such "magic" tends to mean you are going to fall to tzeentch as it is inherently chaotic

yep just different means of getting there and access

so a legion can be using magic but they have a very very high chance of falling to chaos

So sorcery is a thing yes. It is "magic" in that rather than using a Psyker's powers the wielder uses runes, phrases, rituals, etc, to draw on the energies of the warp. The only big difference is that not all sorcerers are psykers. Just look at the rune priests from the space wolves and the sorcerers in the thousand sons... which is actually funny now that i think about it,

Basically "magic" is a thing used by cautious practitioners, the recklessly curious, or the luckily ignorant. But both the legions that used it were loyalist, the only reason the Thousand sons turned was because of Leman Russ and Horus. Not their warp studies.

Basically "magic" is a thing used by cautious practitioners, the recklessly curious, or the luckily ignorant. But both the legions that used it were loyalist, the only reason the Thousand sons turned was because of Leman Russ and Horus. Not their warp studies.
well unless you read the thousand sons book which seems to indicate magnus was screwed from the start

All sorcerers seem to be psykers I'm fairly sure. The Rune Priests are psychic, even if they don't admit it, and every single Thousand Son is psychically gifted. There are rituals and what not that help to focus Warp energy, but you need to be a psyker typically

I think that's the thing, all power comes from the Warp, no matter the differing names, things like rituals and talismans or runes all help focs said ability in some way, but this is just the facade so to speak. The source of the power is still the same, The Warp, and so all who use it are psykers. I think the Space Wolves refused to believe this, but was still true.

The rune priests and thousand sons are more of an example of it does exist, though what you just said is a common argument against. There are also examples of cultists who manage it through rituals and daemon summoning, and people who have just gotten artifacts giving them powers. All in all it's all just warp fuckery tho.

Exactly, all earp fuckery. To be honest I'm not even sure where the split view came from now....

Probably Tzeentch, fucking Tzeentch

If you want to summon demons and what not through rituals without psykers you'd need a ludicrous amount of worshippers and sacrifices, but it is feasible. But aye, all psychic power comes from the Warp

mostly the split comes form the execution to me

and yeah summoning deamon like that take a lot of worship and blood.

Sort of like the Tau expedition that got sucked into the warp, despite not being Psychers their collective consciousness appeared to create a Tau like Avatar out of the warp through their collective belief in the Greater Good

that because goign into the warp is how ftl works the avatar is tau and their helpers idea of the greater good as tau have minimal warp pressence

You basically just need to know how to use it to have it not require stupid amounts of resources or have a special bs item, but it's all 2 different styles of doing the same thing. It's like a Wizard and a Sorcerer from D&D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back