• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Void Lights

druidquest

魔法少女
6436ed4659343c32ad7243fcb2165bca.jpg

The Oblivion Needle.

A great spire dominating the landscape, ascending so high it seems to pierce through the sky itself. Said to be a spear cast down by the divine at the separation of heaven and earth, a lynchpin holding reality in place.

The stage for the last, true battle.

The mad emperor Constantine sought to harness the power of the spire to grant himself an army with which to conquer the world, silencing all his foes for good in one glorious march of iron. There, standing atop the Oblivion Needle, where no mortal should be able to stand and with stars above and below him, he was confronted by those indomitable souls who had worked to end his ambitions from the beginning.

A collection of heroes from across all lands, each bearing a Mark granting them power unseen in an age, every one resolved to finish things once and for all. They stood strong, bringing their all to bear against Constantine at the climax of a struggle that had seen them journey to places long forgotten at the furthest reaches of their world, all in an effort to save their homes and defend their loved ones.

Yet here, at the most critical of moments, a twist of fate they did not expect. Constantine, activating the Oblivion Needle for the first time since the age of Divinity, tore open a crack between stars, finding not the army he had intended to call, but another world entirely.

A world without magic, yet possessing boundless technology. A world devoid of the races which had united against his march, solely populated by the race of his own empire.

A world of only humans.

A smile, a laugh, a new, shining idea formed in the mad emperor’s skull. Here was not just a limitless army, but his birthright. He was the Emperor of Men, after all - why shouldn’t he be ruler of two worlds?

The heroes saw his plan, and knew they must stop him now, at any cost. They charged forth, but too slow- the power of the Needle was Constantine’s to control now, and with a wave of his hand, he cast them adrift, their souls separated and hurtling like lights through the void toward this new world.

Our world.

Arriving as mere specters, robbed of their physicality. If they were to protect the found world, and save their own, they would have but one option. They would need to find others to fight in their stead, until such time as they could make their way back across the divide and put an end to Emperor Constantine’s designs before he could launch his invasion in full.

boston-ma.jpg

Hello, and welcome to Void Lights, a Magical Girl RP about ordinary people and legendary heroes from another world. In this story you play the role of an ordinary person who finds themself swept into events beyond their understanding, tied to a wayward spirit from across the void and tasked with saving the world from an imminent invasion of a scope they can’t imagine.

Despite this looming threat of destruction however, don’t feel like the tone of the RP needs to be a dark one! After all, what’s a Magical Girl story without levity and hope? Heavy shadows may hang over the world(s) of Void Lights, but that just leaves room for the bright parts to shine brighter.

The basic template for the character sheet is presented below, but if I may impose one selfish request upon you all, please refrain from defining the Spirits too fully. The world of the other side and the heroes who came from it have been left intentionally undefined, so that their nature and history could be explored and developed together through the course of the RP, as our characters learn more about them. By all means, keep in mind what you want from them, but don’t feel like you need to set it in stone right now. Understand the dynamic you want the pair to have, as well as the powers of the Spirit and where they come from. But brevity and cliff notes will be your best friend moving forward! Don’t write yourself into a corner just yet.

Character Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Education or Employment:
History:

Spirit’s Name:
Pronouns:
Appearance:
Personality:
Abilities:
Homeland:
Role:

I love this! Reverse Isekai is one of my favorite trope subversions, and combining it with magical girls is a cherry on top. I'll be starting work on my character asap!

'tis for me, unfortunately- I was hoping to finally jump in on a cool Magical Girl RP. But I wish you luck with it either way- looks like it should be a fun ride~

druidquest druidquest question,will all the Spirits have been individuals who were directly involved in the final battle against Constantine? And therefore are likely to know and (probably) trust one another.

Or could there have been people from other parts of the fantasy world that got turned to Spirits as well?

I’m interested in the world concept, I just don’t know much about the genre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back