• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Virtual Reality Fantasy Game...reboot

Interesting idea?

• What you mean NO!?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hey everyone, This time I'm going to share the rough idea of what the in game menu is going to look like. If you look through it you might can get a few clues as to what the RP may have in store kinda...don't expect too much from this.It was just created cause the last time I booted this RP, me and another RPer went into detail of how the menus worked in the RP and not having a visual bothered me.

• Personal_zps9qzsyi8l.png
    Information tab that shows information of the character and their items.
    • Jobs_zpsh0zhr6wc.png
      Opens to a list of all the jobs and shown their current level (Example)

Last edited:
Btw the tab called places (originally "Landmarks") in the map, map types, to region key, can be seen properly with the names next to the proper marks at default zoom (100%). I have my computer zoomed in at 150% as I'm working off a flat screen TV from across a small room. This will change with some coding I'm trying to learn so look for updates if your interested.

Alright everyone, I have a few announcements to make. first off the Region mark has been updated in the in-game menu. I forgot a lot about BBcodes when the site changed some time ago causing all my saved code in my workshop to be destroyed to the point that some posts got heavily changed, as my Nomicon, or just disappeared, like the FAQ. I had to look for my past reboots to have an idea of what all was in it. But thanks to StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 I remembered one I used a bit in my last reboot of the RP.

Speaking of the FAQ I'm going to be editing it, adding a few more Q&As. No one asked them but I figured it be relevant with the Nomicon going to be posted.

Another thing is that I'm going to be busy tomorrow thus I'm going to be posting the Nomicon a day early as I may not be on much tomorrow. again I like to thank StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 for giving me the idea what the monster section of the nomicon would look like. She was originally suppose to do it but I got bored of resizing pictures for future ideas, and went to study BBCodes again. I then came across her BBCode Assistance Thread and going through that helped me get what she suggested she do for it. and thus I just did it to test it out and was amazed at the results. So in the end she still helped out. ^^;

Anyways, about the nomicon, it with have very few monsters listed in it at the start But as the RP progresses I will add more as i see fit. I will take suggestions of Monsters and add them if they fit the current situation in the RP, other wise they will be saved for later, most likely. I like to point out I am using cards from a mobile game app called Rage of Bahamut (that's apparently not available no more...). The game had such a huge a ray of cards that fit perfectly for an RPG as well as each card has 4 forms to be used in different scenarios that it be crazy for me not to use them for such an RP. But not all monster will or have to be from this game how ever. I just thought I let that be known. Well here it is~!

• A island kingdom that is the beginning of the game and will be where Players will be able to get a handle on the game. Nothing much to it as it's a human kingdom with a dark past due to a prior king. It has some rough lands due to a civil war, mountains, and rivers.

Alright everyone, I have a few announcements to make. first off the Region mark has been updated in the in-game menu. I forgot a lot about BBcodes when the site changed some time ago causing all my saved code in my workshop to be destroyed to the point that some posts got heavily changed, as my Nomicon, or just disappeared, like the FAQ. I had to look for my past reboots to have an idea of what all was in it. But thanks to StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 I remembered one I used a bit in my last reboot of the RP.

Speaking of the FAQ I'm going to be editing it, adding a few more Q&As. No one asked them but I figured it be relevant with the Nomicon going to be posted.

Another thing is that I'm going to be busy tomorrow thus I'm going to be posting the Nomicon a day early as I may not be on much tomorrow. again I like to thank StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 for giving me the idea what the monster section of the nomicon would look like. She was originally suppose to do it but I got bored of resizing pictures for future ideas, and went to study BBCodes again. I then came across her BBCode Assistance Thread and going through that helped me get what she suggested she do for it. and thus I just did it to test it out and was amazed at the results. So in the end she still helped out. ^^;

Anyways, about the nomicon, it with have very few monsters listed in it at the start But as the RP progresses I will add more as i see fit. I will take suggestions of Monsters and add them if they fit the current situation in the RP, other wise they will be saved for later, most likely. I like to point out I am using cards from a mobile game app called Rage of Bahamut (that's apparently not available no more...). The game had such a huge a ray of cards that fit perfectly for an RPG as well as each card has 4 forms to be used in different scenarios that it be crazy for me not to use them for such an RP. But not all monster will or have to be from this game how ever. I just thought I let that be known. Well here it is~!

• A island kingdom that is the beginning of the game and will be where Players will be able to get a handle on the game. Nothing much to it as it's a human kingdom with a dark past due to a prior king. It has some rough lands due to a civil war, mountains, and rivers.

:D Glad to be of help! Lemme know if you want any other coding done~ <3

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Raku Raku Foxgirl Jay Foxgirl Jay Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide @Nick Ton Cutter SentinelSevn SentinelSevn Saint IV Saint IV Gohan510 Gohan510 Blitzer Blitzer

Hey guy's I'm looking to open up the RP in the next few days, but I'm having trouble deciding a few things. I'm not sure if I want to go and put it on a Host project or not, but I am leaning more to host project as it be simpler to keep the RP in order to me, but idk right now.

another thing is how the Nomicon is going to look. I have two designs and I like you to guys to tell me which looks better and is better at looking through the information. They will be at the bottom of the post, and I won't be putting them in spoilers as it messes up the look of the coding a bit.

I'm also not sure how I want to start the RP and is wanting your guys opinions as to how to start it. I have two options:
1. start right before the players get to test the system where the characters meet up in the company's waiting room and have everyone prepare their opening post there then move on into the game. (What I did the last few times i Rebooted)
2. I'll make a long opening post that plays out events before the Players entered the game and explain a few thing, so we start out right in the game.
3. Any other suggestions as to how to open the RP from you guys. But it has to either start out in the company building where the testing's being done, or starting out in the game.

Another thing I like to announce ids that I'll be posting the Profile up here so you guys can have that prepared, or at least to what my profiles require. customize the profile however you like just as ling as you have all this information and that it is readable/easy on the eyes. I have enough trouble seeing black on white, I don't what to go through the trouble of trying to see neon letters on neon back grounds.
Name: (Character's Real life name)
Username: (In-game name)
Height:
Weight:
Appearance: (Out of game appearance)
Armor: (In-game appearance)
Race: (Anything that has a humanoid form/shape)
Class: (Warrior, Archer, Mage, Thief)
Element Affinity: (Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Dark, or Light)
Bio:
Fears:
Quirks: (Something that's not been said yet)
Theme song: (Optional)
RPer: (Your Username)

Also to those wanting to be apart of the RP and saying interested, send me a verification post of your writing skills through PM ( StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 is excluded as I RPed with her before). I'm only accepting 7 people in the RP at the start and is hoping to open it up more as we progress. I'm looking for an original posts made by you guys. This isn't to judge how well you RP but look for those willing to put in effort into detail of their posts. you can also send your profile if you want my opinion or see if it's ok or not to be in the RP.

Chordata
A island kingdom that is the beginning of the game and where Players will be able to get a handle on the game. The kingdom is a human ran kingdom with a dark past due to a prior king. Races other than human are often discriminated against, but unlike some kingdoms, this one is trying to move on past that. Some the terrain of the island has become rough lands due to the civil war. It also has mountains, and rivers with a lake or two. North of the capital has been blocked of by an artificial mountain constructed by magic. The land beyond is where the last battle of the war was fought and is considered a unholy place.
Areas
C,2 - D,1 -D,2 - D,3 - E,1 - E,2
Monsters
Day
Land
Goblin
Capture7_zps8k1dsed0.png
Goblin are of the human race, but are treated as monsters or demons through most the world. They live and fight in large packs in caves or underground with other small monsters. Though most are vary bright, they can be crafty little buggers when they decide to steal from other races.

Strengths:

Small and nimble, fights in a horde, and can steal items from players.
Weaknesses:
Not very strong, or smart
Locations: D,1 - D,2
Wolf
Capture6_zpsr2jcxdz2.png
Wolves are common beasts seen throughout the world. It is rumored that the more a wolf kills the stronger it becomes, and if it kills enough humans it becomes a werewolf.

Strengths:

Fast and Fierce
Weaknesses:
Fears/weak against Fire
Locations: D,1 - D,2 - D,3 - E,2
Cursed statue
Capture5_zpsjq9v5pq6.png
Cursed statues were once made along time ago by mages to help guard magical cities of mages. But now an evil force has taken control of them...or so it seems

Strengths:

Resistant to Physical attacks and immune to earth magic/attacks
Uses low level Earth Magic
Weaknesses:
Weak to Water Magic/Attacks, and is very slow
Evil Eye
Capture4_zpsgu7lbrru.png
Evil eyes are spirit like monsters that roam around where dark energy use to linger. They are also known to be found in dark caves or ruins. If one sees you it rumored that you'll be cures and those with more eyes the deadlier the curse.

Strengths:

Can float
Can causes low status ailments (Poison, Paralysis, Petrification, ETC.)
Weaknesses:
Weak to physical attacks and Light magic/attacks
Water
Giant Crab
Capture3_zpsbnvicmsr.png
Giant crabs are usually found on the shores of larger islands and are usually a delicacy, but those that live long enough to be the size of personal fishing boats they can become a nuisance. usually fine when left alone, but when angered they can go on a rampage that be hard to stop with it venomous spines.

Strengths:

Has a tough shell, powerful claws, and has spines that it can shoot out and cause Paralysis.
Resistant to fire.
Weaknesses:
Weak to Specifically Thunder Magic but quickly angers it though shell and claws can be broken.
Locations: Near or on sea Beach areas
Cuttle-man
Capture2_zpspux24agl.png
Cuttle-men are fishmen Demihumans that live by the shores by fishing towns. These beings aren't very smart and often resort to piracy for a living. But mostly these beings are cowards when not in a group.

Strengths:
Can strikes from afar with it's tentacles and cause paralysis
Weaknesses:
is timid when fighting alone, and will try and run away
Weak to Specifically Thunder Magic
Locations: Near the shores of fishing towns.
Rare
Croc Warrior
Capture_zpso7fgklqi.png
Croc Warriors are reptilian beasts that use to be nothing but ordinary crocodiles but sense evolved to walk on two legs. Their hide is tough but highly valuable as materials. Thus they have been hunted down in most areas to near extinction.

Strengths:
Resistant to physical attacks, and is very strong
Weaknesses:
Really slow
Locations:
By or in lakes, but can travel more inland
Night
Land
Goblin (N)

Capture8_zpspj4ub3qv.png
Goblin change shifts between night and day, making them a nuisance any time. Night Goblins travel around in fewer numbers and are prone to do more sneak attacks. Their white eyes also help them see in the dark.

Strengths:
Small and nimble, can see in the dark, and often works in a pack of three
Weaknesses:
Not very strong and easily blinded
Locations: D,1 - D,2 - E,1
Werewolf
Capture9_zpslgksmo2a.png
Werewolves are of the Demihuman race that chooses to take on a more beastly look. They are often described in stories as merciless killing beasts that come out at night in human stories. But in reality they are no different than humans, just as the other demihumans. But those shunned by the human society often resort to being thieves to get back at the kingdom.

Strength:

Faster than the ones during the day, and have heighten senses.
Weaknesses:
None
Ghosts
CaptureA_zpsc24qvowa.png
Ghosts are spirit of the dead that haunt were they have died. Usually ghosts are born from those who have died in a great tragedy or had an unjust death. They roam where they have died attacking those who live out of spite, hoping one day they can move on.

Strengths:
Telekinetically can throw stuff, and is more hostile at night
Immune to physical attacks
Weaknesses:
Weak against fire & light magic
Locations: C,2
Water
Giant Crab (N)
CaptureB_zpsretmxtfl.png
These giant crabs are that appear at night are the meanest you'll see. These crabs have no problem sleeping on the shore right in the open. That's how confident they are. During the day they usually stay in the water hunting for food. At night they sleep on the beach shore without a care...but don't go waking it up.

Strengths:
Stronger shell and claws compared to those in the day, and If woken it will go on an berserk rampage
Resists fire
Weaknesses:
Shell and claws can be broken
Locations: Sleeps near/on shore of ocean beaches
Cuttle-man (N)
CaptureC_zpsmrlipauj.png
At night Cuttle-men are more active in their piracy as they think they don't have to face that many people. At this time they are always in a group and will fight more aggressively. Though the last one standing will spray ink to get away.

Strengths:
Always in a 'school' of 3-5, strikes from afar with it's tentacles, will try and blind with ink to run away when last one standing
Can cause blind and Paralysis
Weaknesses:
Timid when fighting alone
Rare
Archelon
CaptureD_zpsoujvxy8q.png
Archelon are giant turtles that come to the shore of their birth once every hundred years to lay eggs. These beast are no bigger than the giant crabs monster, but not even they will dare attack it. Legend has it that they are guardians of exquisite relics of a holy sanctuary on the ocean floor. It's shell is said to be made from valuable material as well.

Strengths:
Hard shell
Casts Advanced level Water Magic
Resistant to magical damage
Weakness:
Weak to Fire and Thunder Damage
Slow on land
Locations: Along the shore line
Missions
Mission 1
Difficulty:
Requested:
Description:
Type of mission:
NPC Location:
Rewards:
Monsters
Day
TEXT
Night
TEXT

Mission 2
Difficulty:
Requested:
Description:
Type of mission:
NPC Location:
Rewards:
Monsters
Day
TEXT
Night
TEXT

OR

• TEXT

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Raku Raku Foxgirl Jay Foxgirl Jay Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide @Nick Ton Cutter SentinelSevn SentinelSevn Saint IV Saint IV Gohan510 Gohan510 Blitzer Blitzer

Hey guy's I'm looking to open up the RP in the next few days, but I'm having trouble deciding a few things. I'm not sure if I want to go and put it on a Host project or not, but I am leaning more to host project as it be simpler to keep the RP in order to me, but idk right now.

another thing is how the Nomicon is going to look. I have two designs and I like you to guys to tell me which looks better and is better at looking through the information. They will be at the bottom of the post, and I won't be putting them in spoilers as it messes up the look of the coding a bit.

I'm also not sure how I want to start the RP and is wanting your guys opinions as to how to start it. I have two options:
1. start right before the players get to test the system where the characters meet up in the company's waiting room and have everyone prepare their opening post there then move on into the game. (What I did the last few times i Rebooted)
2. I'll make a long opening post that plays out events before the Players entered the game and explain a few thing, so we start out right in the game.
3. Any other suggestions as to how to open the RP from you guys. But it has to either start out in the company building where the testing's being done, or starting out in the game.

Another thing I like to announce ids that I'll be posting the Profile up here so you guys can have that prepared, or at least to what my profiles require. customize the profile however you like just as ling as you have all this information and that it is readable/easy on the eyes. I have enough trouble seeing black on white, I don't what to go through the trouble of trying to see neon letters on neon back grounds.
Name: (Character's Real life name)
Username: (In-game name)
Height:
Weight:
Appearance: (Out of game appearance)
Armor: (In-game appearance)
Race: (Anything that has a humanoid form/shape)
Class: (Warrior, Archer, Mage, Thief)
Element Affinity: (Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Dark, or Light)
Bio:
Fears:
Quirks: (Something that's not been said yet)
Theme song: (Optional)
RPer: (Your Username)

Also to those wanting to be apart of the RP and saying interested, send me a verification post of your writing skills through PM ( StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 is excluded as I RPed with her before). I'm only accepting 7 people in the RP at the start and is hoping to open it up more as we progress. I'm looking for an original posts made by you guys. This isn't to judge how well you RP but look for those willing to put in effort into detail of their posts. you can also send your profile if you want my opinion or see if it's ok or not to be in the RP.

Chordata
A island kingdom that is the beginning of the game and where Players will be able to get a handle on the game. The kingdom is a human ran kingdom with a dark past due to a prior king. Races other than human are often discriminated against, but unlike some kingdoms, this one is trying to move on past that. Some the terrain of the island has become rough lands due to the civil war. It also has mountains, and rivers with a lake or two. North of the capital has been blocked of by an artificial mountain constructed by magic. The land beyond is where the last battle of the war was fought and is considered a unholy place.
Areas
C,2 - D,1 -D,2 - D,3 - E,1 - E,2
Monsters
Day
Land
Goblin
Capture7_zps8k1dsed0.png
Goblin are of the human race, but are treated as monsters or demons through most the world. They live and fight in large packs in caves or underground with other small monsters. Though most are vary bright, they can be crafty little buggers when they decide to steal from other races.

Strengths:

Small and nimble, fights in a horde, and can steal items from players.
Weaknesses:
Not very strong, or smart
Wolf
Capture6_zpsr2jcxdz2.png
Wolves are common beasts seen throughout the world. It is rumored that the more a wolf kills the stronger it becomes, and if it kills enough humans it becomes a werewolf.

Strengths:

Fast and Fierce
Weaknesses:
Fears/weak against Fire
Locations: D,1 - D,2 - D,3 - E,2
Cursed statue
Capture5_zpsjq9v5pq6.png
Cursed statues were once made along time ago by mages to help guard magical cities of mages. But now an evil force has taken control of them...or so it seems

Strengths:

Resistant to Physical attacks and immune to earth magic/attacks
Uses low level Earth Magic
Weaknesses:
Weak to Water Magic/Attacks, and is very slow
Evil Eye
Capture4_zpsgu7lbrru.png
Evil eyes are spirit like monsters that roam around where dark energy use to linger. They are also known to be found in dark caves or ruins. If one sees you it rumored that you'll be cures and those with more eyes the deadlier the curse.

Strengths:

Can float
Can causes low status ailments (Poison, Paralysis, Petrification, ETC.)
Weaknesses:
Weak to physical attacks and Light magic/attacks
Water
Giant Crab
Capture3_zpsbnvicmsr.png
Giant crabs are usually found on the shores of larger islands and are usually a delicacy, but those that live long enough to be the size of personal fishing boats they can become a nuisance. usually fine when left alone, but when angered they can go on a rampage that be hard to stop with it venomous spines.

Strengths:

Has a tough shell, powerful claws, and has spines that it can shoot out and cause Paralysis.
Resistant to fire.
Weaknesses:
Weak to Specifically Thunder Magic but quickly angers it though shell and claws can be broken.
Locations: Near or on sea Beach areas
Cuttle-man
Capture2_zpspux24agl.png
Cuttle-men are fishmen Demihumans that live by the shores by fishing towns. These beings aren't very smart and often resort to piracy for a living. But mostly these beings are cowards when not in a group.

Strengths:
Can strikes from afar with it's tentacles and cause paralysis
Weaknesses:
is timid when fighting alone, and will try and run away
Locations: Near the shores of fishing towns.
Rare
Croc Warrior
Capture_zpso7fgklqi.png
Croc Warriors are reptilian beasts that use to be nothing but ordinary crocodiles but sense evolved to walk on two legs. Their hide is tough but highly valuable as materials. Thus they have been hunted down in most areas to near extinction.

Strengths:
Resistant to physical attacks, and is very strong
Weaknesses:
Really slow
Locations:
By or in lakes, but can travel more inland
Night
Land
Goblin (N)

Capture8_zpspj4ub3qv.png
Goblin change shifts between night and day, making them a nuisance any time. Night Goblins travel around in fewer numbers and are prone to do more sneak attacks. Their white eyes also help them see in the dark.

Strengths:
Small and nimble, can see in the dark, and often works in a pack of three
Weaknesses:
Not very strong and easily blinded
Locations: D,1 - D,2 - E,1
Werewolf
Capture9_zpslgksmo2a.png
Werewolves are of the Demihuman race that chooses to take on a more beastly look. They are often described in stories as merciless killing beasts that come out at night in human stories. But in reality they are no different than humans, just as the other demihumans. But those shunned by the human society often resort to being thieves to get back at the kingdom.

Strength:

Faster than the ones during the day, and have heighten senses.
Weaknesses:
None
Ghosts
CaptureA_zpsc24qvowa.png
Ghosts are spirit of the dead that haunt were they have died. Usually ghosts are born from those who have died in a great tragedy or had an unjust death. They roam where they have died attacking those who live out of spite, hoping one day they can move on.

Strengths:
Telekinetically can throw stuff, and is more hostile at night
Immune to physical attacks
Weaknesses:
Weak against fire & light magic
Locations: C,2
Water
Giant Crab (N)
CaptureB_zpsretmxtfl.png
These giant crabs are that appear at night are the meanest you'll see. These crabs have no problem sleeping on the shore right in the open. That's how confident they are. During the day they usually stay in the water hunting for food. At night they sleep on the beach shore without a care...but don't go waking it up.

Strengths:
Stronger shell and claws compared to those in the day, and If woken it will go on an berserk rampage
Resists fire
Weaknesses:
Shell and claws can be broken
Locations: Sleeps near/on shore of ocean beaches
Cuttle-man (N)
CaptureC_zpsmrlipauj.png
At night Cuttle-men are more active in their piracy as they think they don't have to face that many people. At this time they are always in a group and will fight more aggressively. Though the last one standing will spray ink to get away.

Strengths:
Always in a 'school' of 3-5, strikes from afar with it's tentacles, will try and blind with ink to run away when last one standing
Can cause blind and Paralysis
Weaknesses:
Timid when fighting alone
Rare
Archelon
CaptureD_zpsoujvxy8q.png
Archelon are giant turtles that come to the shore of their birth once every hundred years to lay eggs. These beast are no bigger than the giant crabs monster, but not even they will dare attack it. Legend has it that they are guardians of exquisite relics of a holy sanctuary on the ocean floor. It's shell is said to be made from valuable material as well.

Strengths:
Hard shell
Casts Advanced level Water Magic
Resistant to magical damage
Weakness:
Weak to Fire and Thunder Damage
Slow on land
Locations: Along the shore line
Missions
Mission 1
Difficulty:
Requested:
Description:
Type of mission:
NPC Location:
Rewards:
Monsters
Day
TEXT
Night
TEXT

Mission 2
Difficulty:
Requested:
Description:
Type of mission:
NPC Location:
Rewards:
Monsters
Day
TEXT
Night
TEXT

OR

• TEXT

Sorry hun but HP applications are closed at the moment >_<

But I like the vibes we get when the characters are waiting around. So I'd say start there like in the past.

But I like the vibes we get when the characters are waiting around. So I'd say start there like in the past.
Oh that's why I only see 2-3 of them in the "New Host Project". ok no problem I can do this in the normal forums.

and 1 down for meet up in IRL.

I agree with Stone here. I feel like meeting up at the company would be a good start

I agree with the company meeting situation. It would give players a time to situate themselves with each other prior. It would also put us all in a situation where we would have to try and write out posts in the 'waiting' period, which isn't commonly made to shift attention quickly. Basically, we aren't susceptible to write posts that just eat up unnecessary space (randomly initiating combat with AI, creating harmful in-game situations) prior to game entry.

I prefer Nomicon#1 based on looks alone, but I think the Nomicon#2 would win in efficiency. #1 continues to open up and leaves all the other slides open, taking up a lot of space if someone decides to do heavy reading on Lore or whatever is stored in it. #2 closes up other tabs as you shift topics, taking up less space.

Last edited:
I prefer Nomicon#1 based on looks alone, but I think the Accordion#2 would win in efficiency. #1 continues to open up and leaves all the other slides open, taking up a lot of space if someone decides to do heavy reading on Lore or whatever is stored in it. #2 closes up other tabs as you shift topics, taking up less space.

I agree with this as well. Nomicon 2 is much more organized and easier to operate.

Hey this looks interesting. Does the verification post have to be about this rp, or can it be one I made for another rp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back