• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Virtual Reality Fantasy Game...reboot

Interesting idea?

• What you mean NO!?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kishune

One of Oblivion
Hello and welcome those that maybe interested in what I have to offer here. I'm looking to reboot a RP I been trying to get off the ground multiple times now. I'm going to be talking about what it's about, what I have tried in the past reboots and so far my preparations, what I'm looking forward to do in the RP, what my expectations of the other RPers willing to join, and I'm also looking for suggestion to help me try and better this RP and have it last longer than in the past. I like to say this before someone starts saying I stole the idea...First off i know the idea isn't original, and I will admit I got some the idea of the RP from a guild member of another site. But I asked their permission to get it started back up again. At this point however with all I planned with this RP, and all I prepared, I think my whole idea is separate from the original idea. The only things that are still the same are a story idea, the RP's name to pay homage to that RP for being my inspiration to try and be a RP creator, and the idea that in-game characters are free to do as they wish basically. I just wanted to make that clear.

First to talk about (other than my rant/not rant) is the RP itself. The story starts out with seemingly random people being invited to test the newest high tech gaming system of a mysterious company. This system is the first in virtual reality and is way more advanced than it seems for what it should be for the first of it's kind. The tester are then thrusted into a realistic fantasy world after creating their characters and find it hard to tell it was really a game. They begin on an island kingdom of Chordata and are at the point free to do what they want. Explore the available regions, do quests, go shopping, or even find a job. The rest the world would be unlocked after they complete the urgent quest available once all the other quests have been completed once.

This is just me ranting about my past plans to keep order in the RP and failing…read it if you like and if you could give me some advice about the things mentioned?
Sigh…So far none my attempts to start up this RP have tried to come close to getting that far as I explained above. They usually die within the first town or trying to leave out on their first quest. I really tried to keep things in order and going, but people just seem to lose interest in it fast. I tried it in public group RPs with no restrictions such as posting order and the amount of people joining. Then I limit the amount of people to join, required a submission post to verify skills, and asked a posting order to be followed…That was a one sided sword that I was holding backwards…The only thing I changed after that was ask for a posting order to be made when characters got together if I remember correctly.

Ler’s see, the things I prepared are...
  • a complete world map complete with terrain, landmarks, routes, and a way to track characters current location in the RP using the map(s). I used Google drives painting to pull this off and used it in a past RP on another sight. I also have brief descriptions of all the kingdoms, but will only be revealed when/if the RP get’s that far.
  • I also have a nomicon of sorts for creatures/monsters characters will be able to encounter in the RP…at least for the first kingdom. It gives basic info of the monster such as locations, habits, strengths and weaknesses.
  • I have a few quests made out for the first kingdom and I am willing to take suggestions from those joining for quests. The quests will have a description of the monsters they will be encountering when they accept the mission.
  • I have a game menu created, but that’s just for getting a visualization of what it looks like…Though I put a lot of work into it.
  • I have a FQA to explain a few things that may not be clear about the world in the RP. Though most aren’t frequently asked, still it’s good to know.

What I’m looking forward to do in the RP is progress the story farther than the other times I started it. I have few events in mind to this point as I had time to think about it, but as for other kingdoms and what may happen there, I am hoping to establish with those interested to be a part of the RP. I may have descriptions of the other kingdoms that give a bit of back-story to them but that’s just to give a template of what can be done in the RP. I’m thinking of making it a Hosted RP but that is going to depend on who get interested though.

As for what I’m expecting from those wanting to join the RP…it’s pretty much going to be what I was ranting about above. When I get the RP started I like to get a PM of an original post demonstrating their writing skills. This so we don’t get those who do one-liners and call it a post. I’m also looking for those who are fairly active on this site; no one that’s on like once a week, because I want to have decent progression in the RP. I’m not sure is I’ll require post order yet or just let people post when they want. But I will limit the amount of people joining at the start as I want to manage a small group first. I’m also looking to have a moderator help me with the RP such ass controlling bosses for separate in-game party. This isn’t necessary, but will determine the number of people who I will accept into the RP; just a heads up.

Other than that I’m up to hearing peoples’ suggestions, advice, anything to help make this RP idea a worthwhile endeavor.

The links below are to post of mine that are about important things I didn't mention on this opening post.
Post 11
Post 16 (What's underlined)
Post 24 (Up to date FAQ)
Post 34 (In game menu)
Post 36 (Announce changes to the menue and FAQ, and has the Monster-Nomicon up.)

Last edited:
-slides in-

I'm always up for another go of this~ And tryin' out new characters in your wonderful universe. ^^ (annnndddd wanting to know what's up with the staff.... x3)

Kishune Kishune

Colour me interested.

Will we find out what sort of limits there are for character creation later, from a racial and appearance standpoint, or is that in your nomicon section?

Kishune Kishune

Colour me interested.

Will we find out what sort of limits there are for character creation later, from a racial and appearance standpoint, or is that in your nomicon section?
They have all that written up dear, from what I remember from the last few versions that I've been involved with. Whether it says the same or they change it, I'm not sure. ^^

Kishune Kishune

Colour me interested.

In past reboots of this RP the character creation has been open to having all races be acceptable. StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 played a centaur if I remember correctly. But I do have a limitation of the races have a humanoid shape/form; like a dragons can take human form or are the size and shape of of a human, half dragon if you will. And if they have half a human form, like Naga's or Centaurs (But the top half please).

As for appearance if completely up to you; looks, hair, and armor/clothing. This way you can use any picture in your Profile. I did have it in one reboot that armor is unchangeable after creation to have a visual glitch but i'm not shore if I'm going to keep that yet or not.

In past reboots of this RP the character creation has been open to having all races be acceptable. StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 played a centaur if I remember correctly. But I do have a limitation of the races have a humanoid shape/form; like a dragons can take human form or are the size and shape of of a human, half dragon if you will. And if they have half a human form, like Naga's or Centaurs (But the top half please).

As for appearance if completely up to you; looks, hair, and armor/clothing. This way you can use any picture in your Profile. I did have it in one reboot that armor is unchangeable after creation to have a visual glitch but i'm not shore if I'm going to keep that yet or not.
I did, and while I'm tempted to try the same thing again.... I might try something else. Gah, I'll have to consider it. ^^

So every one knows, I'm not looking to start this RP up immediately as I need to do some coding repair as well as preparation too. I know this can cause interest to fade, but If I do decide to start this RP up again, it will take at least a week to get things read, but that is why I wanted to put up this interest thread as I want it to keep a discussion of what can possibly go on in the RP, what we can do to and What not.

Charry? what do you mean?

Short for character, I suppose.

I haven't done an RP themed like this in ages, only because I've been having the same problems you do. Being that they never last very long.
But hey, if you manage to gather enough interest then I would be glad to join in on it. I have 2-3 characters that would already fit into the theme, but need minor edits to bios and the such. Or, I could just make a new character, fine by me, it gives me a chance to try something new.
Last thing. While I haven't really stepped up to the role of a CoGM during my time on RPN, I have been the one controlling the boss actions in similarly themed RPs off-site. So if you ever need someone, I honestly wouldn't mind.

Short for character, I suppose.

I haven't done an RP themed like this in ages, only because I've been having the same problems you do. Being that they never last very long.
But hey, if you manage to gather enough interest then I would be glad to join in on it. I have 2-3 characters that would already fit into the theme, but need minor edits to bios and the such. Or, I could just make a new character, fine by me, it gives me a chance to try something new.
Last thing. While I haven't really stepped up to the role of a CoGM during my time on RPN, I have been the one controlling the boss actions in similarly themed RPs off-site. So if you ever need someone, I honestly wouldn't mind.
Oh that makes sense. I just been busy and stressed today that I'm a little tired. ^^;

You can use re usable characters if you want, just keep an eye on here as I will be posting things like the FAQ, a glimpse at the Nomicon, in-game menu (This just to show off how serious I am), and maybe even the Profile sheet on here in the following days. So you can adjust your character thoroughly.
As for the CoGM/Moderator, I'm not sure if I'll do this or not, but I'm glad to have your support if I do decide to have one.

So every one knows, I'm not looking to start this RP up immediately as I need to do some coding repair as well as preparation too. I know this can cause interest to fade, but If I do decide to start this RP up again, it will take at least a week to get things read, but that is why I wanted to put up this interest thread as I want it to keep a discussion of what can possibly go on in the RP, what we can do to and What not.
If you need anything coded I'm always open!

Code:
[TABS][tab=A-I][TABS][Tab=Day]Text[/tab][tab=NIght]Text[/tab][/TABS][/tab]
[tab=A-I][TABS][Tab=Day]Text[/tab][tab=NIght]Text[/tab][/TABS][/tab]
[tab=A-I][TABS][Tab=Day]Text[/tab][tab=NIght]Text[/tab][/TABS][/tab][/TABS]

Code:
[TABS][tab=A-I][TABS][Tab=Day]Text[/tab][tab=NIght]Text[/tab][/TABS][/tab]
[tab=A-I][TABS][Tab=Day]Text[/tab][tab=NIght]Text[/tab][/TABS][/tab][/TABS]
Thanks this will be a big help to recreate the Nomicon.

Alright I'm going to be posting the FAQ up here so people have an idea of the RP in the game. Don't be intimidated by some the details in the questions...i just went over board a bit, so don't think that I'll get all controlling about this in the RP ok. Any questions asked maybe added to the FAQ, so look out for when it's edited.

FAQ
Question: Have any more questions?
Answer: Send a PM to @Kishune or post'em on here.

Question:
Can the players be a different gender than their avatar?
Answer: Yes.

Question: Do the players feel all the sensations of their avatar?
Answer: Yes. To the players, the world is completely real and they can feel, smell, and taste everything if they wanted.

Question: Does the world have real world physics?
Answer: Yes it does. The world will follow some game physics, and it will depend on the race. (i.e. Demons will be stronger, elves can jump higher and DemiHumans like Kitsunes can see better in the dark or something.)

Question: is there a day and night cycle?
Answer: Yes, the in game time is one hour to a minute in RL. meaning there's 24 minute in a day, but be warned Monsters often change at night.

Question: Do the races need to look like anything specific in the profile pic?
Answer: They can look how you want as long as there is something to tell what race they are. like elves have long(ish) ears.

Question: What all weapons can each class wield?
Answer: Each class wields their own set of weapons. A character can have up to two weapons in use. A primary and a secondary, but either one can be primary. (i.e. Archer can mainly fight with a sword if thy want.)
list for what weapon for each class will be in the spoiler.
Fighter: can use almost any melee weapon.
Archer: Primary-Bow, and Crossbow. Secondary-Swords and Daggers
Thief: Primary-Daggers, Swords, and Scythes. Secondary-Gauntlets (bare fist), and Claws
Mage: Primary-Staffs and wands. Secondary-swords, and magical artifacts.

Question: Will characters know how to use their weapon when they enter the game, like a pre-made move set?
Answer: No, they will learn how to use their weapons as they fight. Creating their own motions...unless they knew before hand.

Question: What is affinity?
Answer: Affinity is something that affects the character's magic. Say if two characters with the same stats but different affinities cast fire on two of the same enemy. The one with the affinity of fire does more damage than the other. (Think of it as how "stab" works in pokemon if you know what that is.) But for some races like dragonborn or demons, Affinity also classifies their natural resistance. But the opposite element becomes their weakness.

Question: What element affinity do Players get?
Answer: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Dark and Light

Question: How is MP used?
Answer: there are three ways to use mana. check in the spoiler below.
1. Magic is primarily elemental (Light and dark are included). It can be used by all classes and varies depending on the race on what they start out with. the more intense though, the magic the more MP it consumes.

2. Spells, are powerful magic that take up a lot of MP and some chanting time to perform. It's like advance magic, but only Mages can use them. This is also used for non elemental magic such as time, space, and gravity which are not part of regular magic.

3. Skills, are combination of magic/ability to a move/movement. (i.e. -Fires off an arrow of pure light that penetrates through targets- That is a basic attack mixed with light magic.) It usually won't consume much MP, but like magic the more intense the magic used in the combination, the more MP consumed. Only Mages can't us skills.

Question: How would magic be used?
Answer: they would pick an element or two (Depending on Race) at character creation and manipulate it almost freely to make their own techniques from there.

Question: Can Non-magical classes use magic?
Answer: Yes, but what the class can do depends on the race.
Description are in the spoiler.
(If a race is not available in the spoiler, just ask and I'll add it)
Refer to the links to understand the examples. (Wht mag. & Blk mag.)
Also these are all the magic that are available for the specific race at the beginning of the game. They can learn more later on in game.

Human: Basic healing, and a protection
List: Cure, Esuna, and Null-elements (all at beginning, but 1 'Null-')

Demon: Basic black magic
List: Fire, Water/Blizzard, Earth, Aero, and Thunder. (1 at beginning)

Demihumans: Will be based off what animal they are based off of.
Example: A fox can learn the basic of Fire, Dark, and Light. Ask for a specific DemiHumans to know what magic that it can start with and how much when you make a character.
Dragonborn: Basic black magic
List: Fire, Water/Blizzard, Earth, Aero, and Thunder. (1 at beginning.)

Kitsune: Basic Fire, Light, and Dark
(1 at beginning.)

Centaurs: Basic Earth, Wind, and Light
(1 at beginning.)

Lycan: Earth, Dark, and Light
(1 at beginning.)

Elf: Basic to Advance white magic, and summoning.
List: Cura, Haste, Slow, Shell, and Protect. (2 at beginning)

Drow: Basic to Advance black magic.
List: Fira, Watera/Blizzara, Terra, Aero, Thundara, Bio, Drain, Osmose. (1 at beginning)

Dwarf: Basic to Advanced Earth magic, and basic White Magic.
List: Earth, Terra, Cure, Esuna, and Null-elements (1 white magic or black magic, and 1 'Null-' at beginning.)

Question: What are the Element advantages and weaknesses?
Answer:
Fire is weak to water, but damage is greater when cast with wind
Water is weak to Thunder, Ice weak to Fire
Earth weak to Water, resistant to Air and immune to Thunder
Air is neutral all around
Thunder's weak to Earth but damage is greater cast with Water

Question: What all magic is in the game?
Answer: Magic that isn't created by the Players and are pre set in the game, are element manipulation with a status casting for Black magic, as White magic is healing and buffing. Magic created by players are called PCM and will be added to this list with the name they have given it as well as a description of what it does. (and yes the magic listed is taken from the final fantasy series)
Basic/Low level:
Fire: Low Fire Damage
Water/Blizzard: Low Water Damage
Earth: Low Earth Damage
Air: Low Air Damage
Thunder: Low Light/Dark Damage (Depends on Element affinity)
(PCM) Blackness: Harden - Darkness formed around the body or weapon to increase it's defense or attack respectfully. (More it covers the more MP it takes up.)

Advanced/Medium Level:
Fira: Medium Fire Damage
Watera/Blizzara: Medium Water Damage
Terra: Medium earth Damage
Aero: Medium Air Damage
Thundara: Medium Light/Dark Damage (Depends on Element affinity)
Bio: Causes a Random Negative Status Effects, but low accuracy
Drain: Steals little HP
Osmose: Steals some MP
Flare: Medium light/Dark Damage (Depends on affinity)

Master/High Level:
Firaga: High Fire Damage
Waterga/Blizzaga: High Water Damage
Terraga: High Earth Damage
Aeroga: High Air Damage
Thundaga: High Light/Dark Damage (Depends on Affinity)
Demi: Reduces target's HP by 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, or 1/2 (Mages only)
Ultima(Spell): High Dark Damage
Holy (Spell): High Light Damage
Basic/Low Level:
Cure: Restores Minor Amount of Health
Ensuna: Removes Negative status Ailments
Null-Blaze: Weakens Fire Damage, Nulls Burn
Null-Tide/Null-Frost: Weakens Water Damage, Nulls Water Weight/Frozen
Null-Shake: Weakens Earth Damage, Nulls Petrify
Null-Gust: Weakens Air Damage
Null-Shock: Weakens Light Damage, Nulls Thunder Paralysis
Null-Shade: Weakens Dark Damage, Nulls Thunder Paralysis

Advanced/Medium Level:
Cura: Restores Moderate Amount of Health
Haste: Speeds Up a Ally
Slow: Slows Down a Enemy
Protect: Reduces Physical Damage
Shell: Reduces Magical Damage
Dispel: Removes positive Status Effects
Life: Restores 50% HP, if below 10%

Master.High Level:
Curaga: Restores Major Amount of HP
Hastega: Speeds Up Whole Party
Slowga: Slows Down Multiple Enemies
Regen: Restores a fraction on HP continuously for a short while
Reflect: Bounces Magic back at caster
Full-Life (Spell): Restores 100% HP, if below 10%

Question: How many magics does a Mage start out with?
Answer: 2 black magic, and 2 white magic. It's the Player's choice from the basics.

Question:
How do players get new skills/spells?
Answer: They create them using their imagination. (Think of how it's done in the Manga/comic "The Gamer" if you read it.)
Oh and please name them. ^^
(Any big skills such as summoning a hail storm of swords or a meteor, please run by @Kishune.)

Question
: What are summons?
Answer: They are Creatures, Warriors, God, or Demons that can be summoned to help fight along the one who summoned it. These are attained through quests rewards, special events, spells, forming a contract or simply an item.
(These have to verified by Kishune Kishune to be apart of the RP)

Question: How do you summon?
Answer: To summon a being, you have to concentrate on the one you are trying to summon and call out their actual name and the summon will be brought to there side to aid. Summons will have their own HP and MP bars, and their own set of magic and Skills/Spells. If the Summon HP or MP run low the Owner can sacrifice their own to give to the Summon, or Dismiss then to rest/recharge on their own. if they die in battle they can't be summoned again till they are retained.

Question: Can players get upgraded classes?
Answer: Yes, there will be a 'Class tree' that Kishune Kishune will explain on a later date.(Depending on how long the RP lasts)

Question: Are there special weapons or artifacts?
Answer: Yes but they have to be something Kishune Kishune has come up with or approved of.
Don't hesitate to offer any suggestions!^^

Question: What are Status Effects?
Answer: Status Effects are the things that can effect Players and Enemies alike, and have negative effects and some times positive.
Read the Spoilers below for the types of Status effects.
(Most of these are taken from the Monster Hunter series, and is a reminder for me for monster ideas down the line.)
Blind: Temporarily darken's a Player's/Enemy's sight.

Poison: Character/Enemies gradually loses health over a period of time. Cured with Antidote or over time.

Deadly Poison: A stronger version of Poison that reduces health at a faster rate. Cured by Antidote or over time.

Paralysis: immobilizes Player or Enemy for a certain period of time, leaving the victim helpless.

Stun: Temporarily immobilizes Player/Enemy for a moment with a strong blunt attack on the head.

Silence: Prevents Player or Enemies from using Magic, Spells and Skills temporarily.

Sleep: It is similar to Paralysis in that it leaves the Player/Enemy unable to do anything. However, damage taken when asleep is greatly increased and will end the status after one hit.

Confuse: Players will see things that aren't really there or will confuse an ally for an enemy. effect Enemies too. Lasts for a short period.

Threaten/Fear: Immobilizes Beast Enemies till that caused it disappears.

Berserk: Increases the attack of Enemy/layer, but also lowers defense. Enemies will attack randomly and seem out of control, while Players are still in control, the effects aren't as potent. Last till battle has ended or character is taken down.

Curse: Prohibits only Players from using Skills/Spells.

Zombify: Causes healing effects to cause damage instead. Lasts till cured by Holy Water and can spread to Party.

Defense Down: Lowers defense for a short time.

Attack Down: Lowers Attack for short time.

Slow: Lowers Speed for a short time.

Cold: Can slow down movement of Player in cold areas.

Freezing Cold: Greatly slows down movement in freezing areas.

Heat: gradually loses health in hot areas.

Blistering Heat: Quickly loses health in very hot areas.

Frenzy: A sickly virus that lowers both attack and defense over time and last till the character rests or is put to sleep. Can be trained through to revers the effect to increase attack instead. Only monsters can cause this.

Bleeding: Rarely razor sharp weapons to an Player/Enemies will cause them to take damage when performing certain actions. Running, dodging, and attacking will all cause the affected Player/Enemy to take damage due to bleeding. Players/Enemies won't take damage when walking. Cured by First-Aid, resting a short period, or Cura

Burn: Seldom, Players/Enemies will gradually loses health over a period of time. Caused by a strong fire attack. Dealt with by rolling on the ground few times or going into water.

Severe Burn: A stronger version of Fire Damage that reduces health at a faster rate if weak to fire. Caused by a strong fire attack. Dealt with by rolling on the ground few times or going into water.

Water Weight: Seldom, water based attacks will soak a Player/Enemy and weigh them down and slow them down. Lasts for a short period of time.

Heavy Water Weight: A stronger version of Water Weight that slows the Player/Enemy even more if they are weak to water based attacks. Lasts for a period of time if out of water.

Frozen: Seldom, Ice based attacks can form a layer of ice over a part of a Player's body, preventing them from moving that part till they thaw. Fire can cure it.

Deeply Frozen: A stronger version of Frozen that can form a layer of ice over the Players's body keeping them in place, preventing use of any items. Is freed if character is hit once of by fire.

Petrify: Seldom, Earth based Magic can turn a part of a Players's body to stone, preventing them from moving that part. Only Enemies can cause this.

Petrification: A stronger version of Petrify that can turn a whole character to stone, preventing use of any items or attacks. Only Enemies can cause this and can cause an instant KO it his with a strong attack. Cured by an Remedy by party member.

Thunder Paralysis: Seldom, thunder based attacks may cause stun soon after the attack.

Instant Thunder Paralysis: A stronger version of Thunder Paralysis that can instantly paralysis Players after a attack, if they are weak to Thunder based attacks. Only Enemies can cause this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back