• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Vigilante & Powers RP (NOW OPEN! link in thread)

Should this rp be original or fandom?

• original

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • DC verse

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Marvel verse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care I just like the concept

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there a limit on characters? I'm thinking either two or three at this point but I can certainly dial back if there's a max character number!

I'm thinking of super speed for one of my characters and cryokinesis for the other. Potential third character was going to be something along the veins of plant communication or manipulation/enhanced plant growth--@TuskeBM would you be willing to maybe have them be somehow related if I end up going through with this?

Oh and my main concept/idea behind them would be sort of """soft""" environmental terrorism, if that's okay!

There will be a max number of five characters. However this will be based upon activity, if I feel like you can not handle another character I may ask you to concentrate on your others before making a new one. If you find that your muse for one of your characters is waning and you do not feel like playing them anymore we can discuss how they either exit the roleplay or serve as a death in the plot if you would like to go that route. Characters that have been dropped may be picked up again at a later date however if you have reached your max character limit after dropping that character then you must either drop another of your characters or not take up your previous character again. At the beginning of the roleplay you will be allowed to apply and be accepted for a total of two characters.

Your role-play so far is well-written. :o I think the best part of it is the potential realism in the political aspect of the setting, rather than the powers. You should definitely try to make it an original universe.

If you're still accepting new people I'd be interested in helping out/joining. This seems really interesting, will admit this is my first time on this site but I've been rping for a while, this universe seems well-written and it has so much potential. I love plotting and planning, especially for darker plots.

Well the roleplay isn't up yet and no one has been accepted as of yet so that means there's plenty of room! I don't know how big this roleplay will be but a well rounded cast is what i'll be looking for.

Just to update everyone I'm almost done fine tuning the rules and have moved on to creating some locations so everyone can get a good feel of the city, after which the only thing left to do will be to code my character skeletons and then we can get this show on the road! I'm thinking this weekend will be opening date? Maybe earlier if I finish earlier but shooting for this weekend.

I would rather you didn't plan specific characters because you don't have all the information quite yet but as for general plot and event ideas feel free to suggest and plot away!

The Witch Son The Witch Son

Are we playing Vigilante or is it feasible to play villains?
well I don't really like the word villain because it suggests a level of pure evil that really doesn't have perspective or reason, which is a characteristic really only true of The Joker. But the short answer is yes, you can play someone who isn't a vigilante, you can even play someone who doesn't have any powers at all. It's up to you guys :)

Your setting's intriguing. I'm curious though; you've got a plot. Are you planning on running the story? Or is this going to be a character-driven free-form sandbox style game where everyone writes their own story?

Your setting's intriguing. I'm curious though; you've got a plot. Are you planning on running the story? Or is this going to be a character-driven free-form sandbox style game where everyone writes their own story?

the best answer I can give you is; a mix of both, though heavily character choice driven and the plot doesn't really go anywhere (good or bad) without our characters being the driving point - the type of cast I get will also affect this overarching plot heavily. I really do want to concentrate on character development though, so each character's "story" will be important here. There will also be things like events and tasks thrown at the characters periodically.

Though i am not too established on this site, and i do not have much time to rp much anymore, i would love to help.

I have been in and created a few Superhero/Metahuman rps, both fandom (Gotham: The Coming Storm, DC/Batman rp where batman has vanished and villains new and old made their move, but the World's greatest detective had some contingencies in place.) and Original (Times Are a Changing, Watchmen-esque ww2 superhero rp, that was to continue till modern day detailing how heroes, villains and our perceptions of them changed, Once We Were Villains, an rp mainly following villains, new and old, and how they reacted to a world where the greatest Superhero group had started to split, and then my first rp Emergence, which was just a simple sandbox rp following changes in California following the disappearance of the 3 Greatest Heroes.) Villains in those settings really was just the term used to classify the not good guys in those settings, used interchangeably to mean supercriminals and such.

Anyways, would love to help, if you have anything you think i could help with tell me and i shall do my best to oblige.

Last edited:
Interested. How well versed are characters supposed to be with their abilities? Or will it differ between characters and age?

interested !! but i may back out if the group gets too big bc i fear i cant keep up ;w;

Perked my interest - though like the poster above, just wondering whether you're still accepting characters :)

Very intrigued by this I have a character who would be quite the good fit for this and I love gritty, realistic takes on this kind of stuff.

Been thinking on a character concept before this thing gets rolling. So far I've been mainly brainstorming a "Cowboy Cop" type character for this. His super power will probably be something simple, like enhanced reflexes. He'll carry a pistol, wear a hat and give off that western feel. That being said tho I've been thinking about having him actually work for the government and help them bring down these "Outlaw" super heroes. His conflict will probably come in when he has to decide just how far he's willing to go to apprehend this fugitive heroes.

Maybe he might even forsake his old life and actually find some good in joining the other hero Pc's. Initially tho he'll be aligned with the government, whom is against the hero's of the story.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

My take? I think this is blown over and planning your characters in advance for a roleplay that hasn’t even been started, whose author has been gone for close to a week and hasn’t said anything.

Honestly, it’s not bad that it’s taking a while, it could mean a variety of things, but when it’s been close to a week and all we’ve had from The Witch Son The Witch Son is an alien emoji,,,, im probably gonna lose faith.

If something comes from the author I’ll be back.

XoXo

i took a step back and re-read some comics that had inspired me before and some things have changed, so i'm still not done, not to mention i need to have my own character(s) done any planned - of which i probably need to make a grand total of 1 (to start out imao) if this many people are still interested when i do get it up

all in all though i do think it was a good idea for me not to rush this - i'm liking what i'm coming up with much better than i did before and the pinterest boards i've created are pretty cool - i'll tag everyone who posted in this thread once i'm up and running and you can decide for yourself if the rp is something you'd like to try out for

please note however that this rp is not first come first serve, i'll be accepting characters that meet the standard of fully realized well thought out characters - not whomever turns in a character sheet the quickest - so the question of how much space for "new" people is available is moot, there are no players accepted as of now until i accept their character sheets

Been thinking on a character concept before this thing gets rolling. So far I've been mainly brainstorming a "Cowboy Cop" type character for this. His super power will probably be something simple, like enhanced reflexes. He'll carry a pistol, wear a hat and give off that western feel. That being said tho I've been thinking about having him actually work for the government and help them bring down these "Outlaw" super heroes. His conflict will probably come in when he has to decide just how far he's willing to go to apprehend this fugitive heroes.

Maybe he might even forsake his old life and actually find some good in joining the other hero Pc's. Initially tho he'll be aligned with the government, whom is against the hero's of the story.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
not that i've accepted anyone yet and i'd need to see the character sheet of course bUT i thought i'd just mention that I think this character idea is A+ coolio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back