• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
• V E R S A I L L E S •
The Hall of Mirrors
tumblr_pjg0guqUVk1x20wxqo1_500.gifv

"Once upon a time, there was a great and glorious king..."

He was anointed by God -- blessed by the sun, but when he rose, he had yet to obtain what truly mattered: the power. Without power, he would surely perish with all of France along with him... for a king without a castle was no king at all. He dreamed of paradise, but had to build it for himself and let all the world know that Louis, the Great, had arrived. France was to be the pinnacle of heaven on earth with the sun smiling upon this sanctuary for the true royal. His father's hunting lodge where he took refuge would become a world of dreams that would glow as bright as the golden gates to immortality. The glory, the obsession, and the history of Versailles would be known to all the world. King Louis, the Great, would be known as a visionary for years to come... but how he achieved his dream is where we lay our scene.

Versailles has written its name down in history and one of the most magnificent and majestic palaces known to mankind. But how did this beautiful place come to be? By the obsession of the Sun King himself. King Louis was truly great -- a visionary and an artist in his own way. This roleplay would take place during his reign and explore all the lives of those around him -- his royal court. The scandals, the gossip, and the royal lives that lived during the time are yours to design.

This roleplay would basically be a re-telling of history during the rise of King Louis XIV. Some wished him dead, some wished him a long life, and some wanted to reign at his side.

I've always wanted to do a court drama roleplay and the development of Versailles seemed like the time to explore -- with being one of France's greatest times as a country. If you're a fan of the show "Versailles," this is basically what the roleplay would attempt to follow but with our own creativity and characters to interact with history.

I'd probably need help of some sort -- a co-host, perhaps? -- to help organize and orchestrate a court establishment, but first I'd like to see how interested people would be in a court drama roleplay.

Attachments

• 1572923873745.png
    1572923873745.png
    357.4 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back