• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
- Isa Bianchi -

“It’s not that I’m not afraid.” Isa replied. He peeked over his shoulder to watch Moss’ reaction. Making sure he was okay when he felt him bury his face into his back; the redhead is shorter than Moss, so he thought the merman was scared. “I’m more angry that you threatened someone I love.”

Then he faced the large serpent as he lowered his head, snout very close to his figure. He payed attention to what Ssskydgrauvlaudr said and grinned impishly. “I’m happy to help ya and thank you. I shall remember your promise.”

A CHANCE TO TALK WITH SSSKYDGRAUVLAUDR IN THE FUTURE!!! HAHAAHAHAH! YUS!

Of course, he didn’t show his excitement. Not yet. As he watched the rainbow snake disappear and the mist was starting to clear, did Isa exhale noisily and relaxed his tense back. Feeling Moss’ hot breathe on his back. His eyes returned back to normal, back to his indigo blue color. The golden panels cracked and shattered into shards before disappearing. “I’m just glad he believed me. Kind of surprised he did, actually.” He sighed before turning around and hugged Moss tightly. Squeezing him around the waist as he shoved his face on his chest.

“Are ya okay?” He asked, concerned. The sprout leaning forward and waving up and down. ”Ya were shaking before. When ya hid on my back?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss' knees buckled, as he swooned. He struggled to keep his face straight, listening to the colossal serpent giving its thanks.

When it left, Moss hugged Isa in return, comfortingly patting his hair. "O! I was laughing, Isa. " he chuckled. "What about you, are you alright?" he looked concerned as well.

Katsuya Katsuya

Health: Healthy
| Toughness: Background Ability (10) + Armor (1) [11] | Spell Power: Background Ability (14) + Knowledge (4) + Equipment (1) [19] |Manna: Background Ability (4) + Knowledge (6) + Spellslinger (4) [10/14]
Condition: 1 | Roleplay Points: 1

Χάρων

"Your people had it rough"

Charon immediately locked up for a moment, the sensation of pins and needles running from his toes to his scalp. Faintly, he remembered a night ago, creating a bunch of trebuchet out of rubble... to murder a number of slaves and mind-controlled templars. A cold sweat formed on the back of his neck. His hand shot up over his mouth and he knelt down on the rock, ever so gently trembling. Oh, gods. Again, the sensation of lives ending, memories turning out from the flesh and into the aether, how they must resent him. He screwed his eyes shut and did his best to enter the present again, but he wanted to subject himself to it. To imagine his miserable situation, forced to be a meat shield, manipulated like a tool, only to be crushed by a boulder, a fate enabled by some stupid upstart.

"Your people had it rough"

He gripped the side of the rock and opened his eyes, a chalky scraping sound emanating from where his sharp claws dug into the rough surface. Just breathing, he stared at the ground, at the moss knotted with pebbles and life. Shaara is gone, he cannot apologize; she would not care anyway, now. But never mind the failures in the tower, the blood he spilled was entirely preventable. He seemed to be holding his breath in spite of the parted liips. A muscle at the corner of his jaw was tensed and the veins in his neck stood out, "g-gooodsss..."

- Isa Bianchi -

Closing his eyes and enjoying the comforting pats on his hair— there’s that weird tug again!—-Isa hummed dazedly. Then he peeked up with a tense and awkward smile. Moss would notice that as soon he said he was fine, the sprout started to curl it’s leaves and trembled. “I-I’ll be fine. Just remembe-remembered that I’m standing on waterbuti’llbefiiiiiiiiine~”

Then he shoved his face back into Moss’ chest and taking deep breathes. His ears turning red. “You’re here, so I’ll be okay~” He mumbled.

Zer0 Zer0

- Engine Blade -

Nava whined. Her ears folded back, she placed her muzzle on Charon's shoulder, trying to lick his face.

" Sir Charon, are you really alright?" said Lysanthir, more concerned and alarmed now.

"Did the well do something weird to you too?" said L, now looking at him all over.

Pet Panda Pet Panda

- Moss Adamaris -

"It amazes me how you're not afraid of that giant snake, but you're afraid of the water." smiled Moss, rubbing Isa's back consolingly now. He's gotta get Isa out of this area and into dry ruins again. "Isa," said Moss softly, "let's go back quickly, okay? Or shall I call Leonid to pick us up? I saw him with a raft earlier this morning, it was really odd why he had that out, I thought he'd go for his tent, but it was coincidentally a good thing with all that's happening."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“It’s normal for me to deal with beings of other realms.” Isa replied, muffled from nuzzling into Moss’ chest. He sighed out as his comfort soothed his fear a bit, like a minty balm on a cut. Squeezing him again as a silent ‘thank you’ and appreciation. “Ancient Loki being the main reason, I also deal with demons. Water . . . I still can’t swim. I wouldn’t be able to focus from panicking to teleport to land, much less if it’s far away, and drown. . . . Plus I wanted to know more about the serpent and it’s way of life~ the history he might have~”

Isa peeked up, letting out a ‘mwee?’ as the sprout started to stand tall. Uncurling it’s chubby leaves. He nodded sharply. “To Leonid. We might be able to find Lysanthir’s servants and the mages on the way.” He did mention about looking for the mages and since he doubts Moss would be able to keep this spell for more than two or three people, a canoe or boat would help with the traveling.

”I need to grab my uncle’s book anyways.” Isa mentioned, figuring it’s best to have the very thing that will lead them to close this mess.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Alright, Isa." and then Moss realized something. "Erm . . . is it alright if you could send a message to Leonid? I can't . . . stop controlling the water." He looked down, inwardly deadpanning at himself for suggesting something to help Isa with, but not being able to do that.

Katsuya Katsuya

| Toughness: Background Ability (10) + Armor (1) [11] | Spell Power: Background Ability (14) + Knowledge (4) + Equipment (1) [19] |Manna: Background Ability (4) + Knowledge (6) + Spellslinger (4) [10/14]

Χάρων

After a few heavy huffs, the film of death playing in his mind could be shoved to the rear. Blinking slowly, he reached up and clumsily rubbed Nava's chin, perhaps mushing around her lips by having missed the mark by a couple of inches. The image of rubble and moss brushed only by wind and rain formed a verdant and nondescript portrait for his previous day's actions. After a few moments, the feeling of looking into a chasm overtook him, vertigo like earlier; the sensation of horror threatened to pull him in. It was pure felicity that both L's in his company worried over him. Startled out of his memories, he huffed again and sat up, his stomach rumbling uselessly. There was nothing there to expel. Two days produced in him such a labile nature, he could only be thankful that there are many things he does not fear confronting in his head. Anger. A hot feeling swelled in his chest when he turned back to them, though his face was somewhat slack. Looking at Lysanthir dully for a few moments, he eventually blinked and turned his face toward the floor again, closing his parted lips and working his jaw. His insides burned for his own sake.

"I... aaaam nnot aaalrighht," he admitted, turning toward L with a slow blink, "mmm... 'tiiisssnnn't... aaany innjuryyy," he said, turning then to Lysanthir. Swallowing hard, he turned toward the hole in the ground and, with a minute gesture with his arm, the rock smoothly hovered over the ground to place itself over the mouth of the hole and paused. Liliana might have recognized some aspects of the previous horror which he experienced. It was not the same, however. Different in his ambulatory state, before he was all but crippled by grief. He seemed to have every intention of entering this hole. The several stones he commandeered flowed past, a jagged one and some shaped for utility. Absently, he was shaking his head and looking around, but not seeing. His breathing was almost labored, constricted, but slowly regulating. He cleared his throat and set his jaw, glaring down the hole while very slowly lowering them all, carefully staying as far as possible away from the edges. A quiet belch bubbled up from his throat.

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa blinked owlishly before pursing his lips. Trying to hold back his lau- “Pfft! Hahahahah! Yes, of course. I shall do that right now.” Giggling and snorting. “I can’t believe I forgot too. Hahahah!”

He lifted his staff again, smiling rakishly as he revealed his sharp teeth. A corner of his lips higher than the other as he spoke out. “Leonid? Are ya doing okay? If ya are, mind picking us up please?”

Zer0 Zer0

4f3395d745f06630f603f136c4750428.jpg
- Beneath the Shattered Dome -

"Alright . . . " said the little gnome worriedly. "Just tell us if you need a break, okay? I can cast levitate too."

The float down was smooth, and for the next half hour their hovering over the debris and puddles of petrifying water made the journey easy. They passed by an excavated hallway of large gears, cogs, steaming copper pipes, and what looked like the underground machinery of the chamber above, and came upon the first underground room: a large library with a great clock on the far side of the wall where in the center of its mechanisms was a map of old Leor, before the Badlands came to be.

The place had been looted, but here and there were a few scattered belongings, books, and journals that looked familiarly like some of the books from Isa's and Moss' pile back at their camp. Lysanthir looked upon the room with great loathing, and said that the way was still onwards, but maybe there were things here that might help them.

"This was the room of that vile old man, Lorenzo." scowled the drow, looking at a doorway right of the clock. There was another door to the left of it. "He was the right hand of that monster, Theosebia, the one who enslaved our minds. My people have been hunting the two since we escaped, but we fear that they may have gone through the portal before it was destroyed."

"Theosebia is dead." said L, looking at Lysanthir, as though she just realized the people with her had no idea what her friends had been doing all this time.

"What?" said Lysanthir shocked. "But how do you know who she is?"

"She attacked . . . my friend Leonid when he was manning Gaius." said L. "He . . . he killed her inside the goliath. And told us what happened. "

"That shop owner the Templars were talking about? The one who spoke through the goliath?"

A jolt of fear and concern went through L. "What do the Templars want to do with him?"

"I --- I don't know, but that is incredible . . . He must be a powerful mage."

" . . . Yes. He is. Um . . ."

"Fear not, all of Barad Eithel knows he is a hero, the Templars wouldn't dare arrest him for their silly laws. They have no power here. But will you show me where the corpse of that monster is later? It's probably covered in fungus by now, but . . . I would still like to see the justice that fate has handed to that thing."

L's expression stopped looking nervous. "Okay . . . There's also a lot of soul stones. Like thousands . . ."

"I wouldn't be surprised . . . It ate a lot of my kin. I hope Leonid doesn't sell soul stones, because I would like to put my kin to rest."

Pet Panda Pet Panda
Charon gains:
  1. 78 alchemical
  2. Unidentified robes
  3. Unidentified haversack
  4. Unidentified wand

- Moss Adamaris -

'Darling!' exclaimed Leonid's happy voice. And then angrily. 'That Moss! I've been worried! He promised to send me a message the moment he found out if you were okay! I was so worried when you didn't reply ---'

A beat later, ' --- to any of our messages! I gather that you are alright?'

Katsuya Katsuya

Χάρων

Charon cast his gaze around the room. It had indeed been picked over. Doleful tsks and sighs permeated the chamber. He could see, in the corners of the artful construction and the sweep of the arcs, so many things which reminded him of home. In the very same way that architecture produced in certain times gives one certain feelings, he could sense the age of the room. Yet, it was thin sadness. The crushing of flesh hung in his mind like noxious vapors, stinging his wonder and even his disappointment. There was only annoyance in his actions when he looked around for some newer additions to this tomb of everyday life, once important and grand, that great device on the wall which may have indicated some knowledge of their location or perhaps the time of the year cold and still, helpless to their continued disrespect. It did indeed seem more indicative of time. Though it has stopped according to this machine, it left this room behind a long time ago.

"Tii-iimmme iisss crrrrueell," Charon growled while the needle-like appendage of stone he ferried along with them coasted through the air and gently lifted a sack nearly crushed by rubble and books from the damp ground to bring it to his stone, from which he never departed. He ran his fingers through Nava's fur when possible, and let his compatriots do their wishes. One day, if the world is so lucky as to hold this treasure longer, maybe another impudent crew will filter through carefully. They will find the footprints in the mildew, the corpses strewn about, the impossible warping of stone by life sprung up unnaturally, no, supernaturally from the rubble as dead as those skeletons beneath it. Indeed, he could not hear the whispers of what sort of crime took place here, even when the evidence of it sat on the stone above them, weeping. His face felt heavy, as though the skin were trying to sag from his sinew. They will find the ashes mixed with the sand unexpectedly, and they will find it is the peculiar sort of ash found littered with bone fragments, that may only be produced by burning bodies. Perhaps they will be so skilled as to determine that those bone shards once belonged to the men, women and children of the sentient and kindly races. And they will ask what has happened here.

The stories that might survive haunted Charon. Tentacled monsters from realms forsaken by the gods floated around this very building to quell the brave citizens. Giant beasts battled just outside of its walls. Thunder and the elements rained from above. The slaves and soldiers were tricked by a horrible entity following profane traditions. A merman and his quisquous husband quelled the encroaching beasts, a small woman with legendary hair cast the stone from the flesh of the sick in the city. A scaled thing murdered many victims with ingeniously improvised weaponry and led an unprepared force into an ambush in which everyone but it died. Then it rekindled the old flame in the belly of the city to wreak further chaos. Or, blew it all to smithereens in some myopic fit of hubris and ignorance. His fingers treading fur slowly stopped while his gaze came to rest on the ground some distance away. The ground merely held it, he looked at nothing.

Even if they were to cease their wondering and conversation, he would require a few prompts to return to the present. There were smaller, flatter stones which he carried with them. While that thin shard of rubble collected some explorer's abandoned belongings, the rounder stones set to work sweeping up books and returning them to elevated positions where they existed. Tables, shelves, flat stones long fallen, they would all do. These books had it rough.

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

“And that’s why I’m calling. He’s doing a spell at the moment. I’m sorry for worrying ya.” Isa smiled, looking up at Moss with humor in his eyes. The little sprout waved gently. “We can’t send messages when we’re near the well. I’m fine~”

“We’re currently outside of the dome. Ya should be able to see us. I’ll tell ya more of what happened when I see ya.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

With the help of some blobby water twirls to get Leonid's attention, a boat ---very different from the sand boats, rather an actual river boat, almost overgrown with red-leafed white branches, fungi, and lichen --- came sailing towards them from the rainy horizon. Two of Leonid's friends, a grey and white Purrsian, were rowing the oars, while the purple tiefling majestically stood at the bow, almost dancing as he waved his arms to protect them from the petrifying rain.

"Too shallow! You two come to us!" he hollered, the boat stopping and turning sideways a distance away.

When Moss and Isa got on board, they'd find their things and heap of books all roped down beneath a tarp on the deck of the ship, except for the clay jar with the orange sapling.

"There was a huge cloud snake here! Did you two have something to do with it gone?" asked Leonid incredulously.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

As Moss catches Leonid’s attention, Isa stared at the blobby form. A plan for future traps formed, his smile stretched to an impish grin. He wondered if he could find empty jars in their stuff — the ones from the maddening potion exploded when Theosebia came in.

’Will collect some of this stuff.’ The redhead thought, once again, nuzzling his face into Moss’ chest. Then he peeked out when he heard Leonid’s voice and- “Oh! That’s Charon’s river boat!” The poor guy, must be worried about his boat right now. Isa remembered how Charon handled the bottle with his boat inside, being careful and with care. The couple went on the boat—Isa struggled a bit, his legs were shaking as he lets Moss go to climb in.

With a relieved sigh, the redhead leaned heavily on the rim, wanting a break. He looked around and perked up at the sight of their things together under a tarp. Standing up with shaky knees and walked over to start searching for jars as he listened to Leonid.

“Yeah. I offered to help him go home by using a banishing spell and he took it.” Isa explained nonchalantly, picking up his uncle’s grimore that had the map inside, tucking it behind him, and in his cloak. Then looked at Leonid, smiling warm as he slightly bragged. “Moss kept me safe from drowning~”

“Oh Leonid, do ya happen to see two new people looking for mages? They work for Lysanthir.” Isa asked, standing up once he found a jar with a cork and walked back to Moss’ side to hold his hand. Then he leaned over the boat’s rim, dipping the glass in the water carefully, and coming back up. Closing the opening with the cork. Then he tucked it away behind his cloak.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Charon?" said Moss surprised. "But . . . Where did he get it from?" His eyes narrowed, as his jaw hinged in an I'm-confused-that-don't-make-sense look.

As they boarded the lichen covered boat under the light rippling shadow of the merman and tiefling's water roof, Moss dramatically kneeled, fingers cupped together before Isa to form a step for him, before he hopped on himself.

His smile softened when he saw Isa relieved, and nodded in greeting at the grey and white Purrsians who looked tired. "Hey, friend, let me switch with you." he said bracingly at the grey one, and after he huffed his thanks, Moss took his place at the oars, rowing with practiced ease.

"You know how to banish monsters?" said Leonid incredulously.

Moss smiled at Isa. "I just moved water, Isa did the heavy lifting."

Leonid was impressed. "Moss, where did you meet this man? I want one."

Moss laughed. "Well, first you'll have to set up a takoyaki stall to draw his type in."

"Takoyaki stall?"

Moss just glanced at Isa and gave him a wink. He kept his eye on him, as he scooped up water, already wishing for a stove he could put his kettle on --- he forgot his breakfast!

Moss' thoughts went to Vidya's tent where he had immediately abandoned the curry he was heating earlier to rush to him. Maybe they could stop by there?

"Darling, there are a lot of new people." Leonid was saying conversationally to Isa, as the boat turned around and made for Barad Eithel. "Who is Lysanthir?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Meanwhile, after Charon and the group continued their way from the library, Lysanthir summoned blue floating wisps of flame to light their way. They left the excavated tunnels and delved down into narrower paths where they had to crawl through the gaps of gears, push away debris and the occassional machinery, all the while avoiding the trickle of petrifying rain from above, until finally they came upon a slanting chamber, floor cracked in half and tilting the opposite way, littered with forges, beams of metal, heaps of coal, solidified molten metal spilled from upturned smelting pots, a few spider machines of varying sizes, most of which were shoved to the bottom of each slanted half in a pile.

"We are halfway there." muttered Lysanthir looking around.

Suddenly Nava's ears perked up and she barked to the direction of the bottom eastern pile.

Faintly, very faintly. There was ragged breathing echoing with the trickling of water.

Pet Panda Pet Panda

Χάρων

Charon's somber attitude hung around. If he was forced to crawl, the larger stone he enlisted to aid their travel had to be left leaning against a wall near the collapsed areas. Not even the machinery garnered his attention. Occasional grunts escaped him when they were all prone and his thin tail scraped against the rough ceiling. It was not enough to draw blood, but with his chest pressed up against cold and damp stone, it made him sigh heavily. When his eyes fell upon the shattered room with its dull orange glow, a sense of vertigo overtook him at the floor's odd arrangement. Some nostalgia took him at the odd smell which fills the room when metals are being melted. A slow blink split his gaze around the room in half. More spider machines could be more useful. Before he could begin searching for some heavier tools, Nava alerted them. Once the echoes of her bark faded, his ears perked up at the noise of breathing.

Wasting no time, the soft padding of feet across the ground mingled with that breathing while he ran carefully toward it, the rocks he brought with him trailing behind like fairies. Coming up on the location, so as not to be reckless, he held up a hand toward Nava who almost certainly would have followed. Just before he would gain line of sight on the creature, he stopped and very, very slowly began emerging from whatever cover he could find, either the shoulder of the pile or any column nearby, anything which would allow him to break line of sight with this unknown factor. Scanning as he went, he aimed to get a glimpse of the person or creature and quickly retreat, in case it happened to be a hostile. He would do the same to Lysanthir and Liliana and try to prevent them from being the front line.

- Isa Bianchi -

“He had it in a glass bottle. It’s pretty neat.” Isa chimed, squeezing Moss’ hand as they walked closer to the boat. After the third time of failing his jump and freezing up as he landed on the water, expecting to drown again; Moss dramatically kneeled. The redhead snapped his neck around from the sudden movement before his face flushed pink. He felt weird, honored but weird. He didn’t want to step on the merman’s hands, he needed those for cooking. Thinking stepping on Moss’ hands would be like stepping on his dream, he refused. Gently holding his hands and pressing them together as he shook his head; the sprout waved side to side from the movement.

”No. I don’t want to step on your precious hands.” Isa cooed, smiling a bit before he stood up. Looking at the rim of the boat as he calculated on how to get there on his own with his shaky legs. “I’m honored but I can’t. I can try to use a spel- mwee!?”

Arms wrapped around Isa’s waist and under his bottom, lifting him up high, surprising him so much that he immediately held onto Moss’ shoulder and head like a koala to a branch. His face turned bright red as an apple as he looked down at Moss’ teasing smile before sighing and smiled back. Bashful. “Thank-thank you.” He quickly got on the boat before pulling Moss up when he jumped, still red in the face. Then after tucking the jar in his coat, Isa stood next to Moss. Listening to him and Leonid talk about him—- he wanted to hide away. He’s not that great, why did Moss make it sound like he did something awesome?

”I wouldn’t have been able to do that without Moss keeping the water away.” Isa insisted quietly, pocketing his hands as he watched the rain blobs slide down the ship’s barrier. He peeked at Moss when he mentioned of the Takoyaki stand and snorted, holding back his laughter. “Actually, I learned that spell from my Gramps. So did my friends back at the Sect.”

As Isa listened to Leonid’s question, the smile on his face tensed. Pinched as he sighed through his nose. “Lysanthir was one of the innocent people that were manipulated by Theosebia. He wanted to bring the mages who helped built inside the dome so we could stop the rain, but i don’t know if they made it or not.”

Zer0 Zer0

Bent backwards, laying trapped between the jaws of a steel crane and the end of a fallen domino stack of large brass spider machines was a small sun-bleach furred Purrsian child. Her striped chestnut front was dusty, heaving heavily, while her round face was dazed, with a little dried blood staining the side of her head. Whether from weariness or pain or both, her blue eyes were unfocused, blinking slowly, turned to the direction of Nava's bark and the dim blue glow of Lysanthir's flames that hovered close to the ceiling. It doesn't seem as though she noticed where exactly where Charon and the others behind him were hiding.

Pet Panda Pet Panda

- Moss Adamaris -

"Isa, moving water has nothing to do with banishment." Moss insisted more, poking Isa's side.

When they talked about how Isa and Moss met, Leonid hummed. "Well, give your sweetest and best hair-styled, also handsome, oh and single, and a little-hard-to-get friend there my regards, darling." He flashed Isa a smile.

As the boat went along, Leonid glanced back. "Do you know what the mages look like and where we can find them?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Χάρων

Charon carefully inched around until he could see her and then surged forward, debris scattering under his feet and rolling his ankle. With a soft grunt, he stumbled down a small hill of debris and landed hard on his knees in front of her. Pulsing aches kindled on his knees and shins but he he ignored them and knelt down in front of her, the long rod of stone sailing over and probing for a spot, either between her and the machines or above the machines to remove them from her body. The smaller stones sailed over as well, just for the extra objects pushing. However, he did not make any motion to begin extracting her from the rubble. Instead, he craned his neck around and waited for L to come near. He could remember watching someone trapped under a heavy object die directly after being released. The prospect of even one more person dying right in front of him made him want to vomit, he mistrusted his own actions. His tail, now uncoiled in this open space, whipped back and forth in an agitated manner. Often, he cast his gaze toward the shadows in the room. Molten metal made them ghastly and alertness shone in his eyes.

While he held his attempts for the two in his party, he wondered faintly what a child was doing alone in a foundry. In a few moments, he would need to search around for more individuals trapped in rubble. For now, he simply prepared to play his part while the two L's made their way toward him. Frantically, he barked, "coome, coomme, mmind thee rrrubble!" behind him.

- Isa Bianchi -

“It does when I can‘t do both spells. I’d be stone without ya.” Isa pouted, flinching from Moss’ poke. He poked his side. Then he payed attention to Leonid, blinking owlishly. He hummed as he wondered which of his friends would be single and possibly interested in the colorful tiefling. Raising a brow. He doesn’t know what’s Leonid’s type other than sweet with nice hair . . . There’s a lot of them in the Sect-

Ohhhhh, maybe his teacher? He is a little older but . . . If Leonid is interested in someone sweet, then he should be a good fit. Even the kids who visit the Sect likes him, then again he is a major troll. More than the redhead. He wondered if Melgar is single.

Isa gave Leonid a sweet smile, hiding his laughter as he replied kindly. “Yeah, I’ll let him know.”

He listened to the tiefling’ s question and shook his head. “No, I don’t know what the mages look like, but I do remember Lysanthir’s servants. Have ya seen this person?” Then he burned into one of the servants, ashes lazily swirled around his figure.

Zer0 Zer0

The little cat girl's eyes flickered towards Charon, and for a moment they widened, brightening with hope despite her weariness. She began to cry."Letoclo . . ." she whispered in Purrsian, hand weakly outstretched to him. "Petranas . . . Petranas"

Lysanthir gasped; there was the scratching rattle and slide of rubble, and the little gnome blurred past Charon in a wave of blonde hair. She was immediately cupping the Purrsian's cheeks, speaking softly as she felt her, checking for other dire wounds she could not see.

"Ava'yorn, sia ominak ui L, yth re gethrisjir ekess cures wux, dout tokeq jaka? --- Lysanthir, please help me carry her, Charon you can start slowly moving the spider." added L loudly, but calmly.

The domino stack of spiders trailed all the way up the cracked upwards slanting side of the floor, where other debris, and beams of metal were stacked against it. Shifting the weight could affect whatever balance the heap had settled into after the crash, but a careful maneuver will allow them to rescue the Purrsian girl safely.

Pet Panda Pet Panda
Please make a DC13 Knowledge roll for extraction.

- Moss Adamaris -

"Ah!" Moss jerked to the side, ticklish there. "You're still the only one who did all the magic for the banishment!" he attempted to poke him again. A poking war was slowly ensuing.

When Leonid saw the illusion he shook his head. "Oh, a drow, no, I don't remember that particular person." the boat bobbed over taller dunes, where Moss and the other Purrsian had to push against the sand to keep them going. They finally arrived at the shadow of the ruins, sailing past the funeral pyres where the flames had been long put out, the bodies on the blooming wood petrified among statues of running Purrsians who failed to escape the rain in time.

"Where shall we drop you two off?" said Leonid, as the boat slowed to the base of the golden dome. "Me and my friends are planning to take shelter in the main city, find some high ground."

Moss looked to Isa, wondering if he should ask this. "Do you want breakfast? Because I can get it for you if you want to go back to the dome immediately. There's some research books there that I left behind too, maybe Vidya and the others would want it while they figure out how to fix the well."

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:

Χάρων

Charon did a bit more than his best shot and hopped forward, pressing his back against the spider machine. Rapidly, he reached down and brushed the tinier pebbles away to plant his feet solidly and looked at the stack of machines for some extra awareness, trying to estimate how much time he really had to do all of its. After his short period of preparation, he checked the placement of his stones. One was wedged under the torso of the spider machine, its thin form wiggling ever deeper underneath it. One of the two flat stones were placed against the body of this leaning crane to prevent it from slipping and falling as quickly as it might have wanted. The other was pushing with him against the stack of spider robots. With a nervous sigh, he held up a hand and formed a ring with his thumb and index finger. After making sure everyone present was watching, he bobbed his hand slowly twice and put down his small finger. Then, he bobbed it twice again with the same specific cadence, and put down his ring finger. Bobbing it twice more, he put down his middle finger and commanded the stones to aid his own pushing against the spider bots with both his stone tools and his own body.

He was not sparing any effort in this case. Amidst metallic groaning and squeaking at the various metal structures grinding against each other, the sound of Charon grunting with exertion could be heard. His legs were rigid with the effort of pushing against these heavy objects. It was not necessarily the case that his own strength was hopeless; the spider bots were merely leaning against each other, he reasoned. Though their weight was nothing trivial, their shape and size was not necessarily robust against pushing. The various curves and knobby protrusions were not as stable while inactive as any other shape with a truly flat base. It was a highly disorganized profile, no matter how orderly their row. Rolling a boulder weighing a ton is far, far easier than flipping a cube weighing a ton. Carefully, he monitored the weight pressing against his back. He would simply step away when she was free, else he would try to be the moment of delay needed to remove her from the rubble before it collapsed.

"Okay, that's good! Lysanthir, we'll pull on three. One, two, three ---"

Together, with a quick careful heave, L and Lysanthir pulled the little Purrsian out of the rubble. She was safe. Her legs were oddly bent covered in dry flaky blood that started to flow bright red again from crushed open fractures near her hip, but she gave a whimpering sigh of relief, and her breathing eased, head drooping sleepily on her chest.

The two quickly carried her up and away from the pile. Kicking away pebbles, they laid her down a large flat beam of metal. L continued to talk to her soothingly as she pulled out her trauma kit and started to tend to her with Lysanthir's help; Nava, who had followed Charon nudged his hand, trying to put her head underneath his palm as though asking for rubs, and wagging her tail.

There were three other bodies under the crane: two katulus and a Templar over them. They were unmoving, eyes gazing emptily. The katulus both had bloody fronts, one had a dry red wound across its neck, one of its slimy webbed fingers clenched stiff around a patch of sun-bleached fur, while the Templar was crushed under the rest of the crane. There was a child's leather bag hanging a ways away up on the crane, scattered baubles littering the pile all the way up to what looked like a hole in the ceiling where the crane was stretched down from, that spanned up three more floors above.

Pet Panda Pet Panda
  1. 2 unidentified katulu staffs
  2. Child's bag and things
  3. 1 Templar sword
  4. 1 Templar shield

Χάρων

Once Charon began pushing, his eyes bulged frantically. The spider machine shifted and suddenly jostled into a more stable position, laying against its neighbor and sitting on a couple of its frozen legs. When it shifted, a great deal of weight began to fall onto his back while they were pulling her out. Though it was only a moment, his mind managed to stretch it and all the while he thought "ogh, gods gods gods hurry this is so heavy gods" though his mangled anatomy intercepted the most of it. Instead only a few moments of choked "oghhghhhh, hhh, heee" until they pulled her away. Gleefully, he walked out from under the spider machine and let it fall over, dusting his hands and breathing heavily, somewhat unsteady. While he took two sort-of macho steps, brimming with satisfaction, a metallic groan and whine followed by an explosive "WHUMPH" as the pile and the crane shifted slightly, though without consequences. A moment of terror took him and he ducked suddenly, padding toward his comrades and turning around to see the damage. However, it was a harmless shifting and he was forced to clear his throat and calm down. It then that he noticed the corpses. Glancing curiously between them and the child, he wondered what sort of story took place here, or what sort of felicity she found. Choosing not to comment on it, he simply walked over and examined. Indeed, fur in the creature's claw. If this occurred when the titan rammed the building or when the city shifted, the Templar was attempting to defend.

Charon felt nauseous looking at them and the images of death began replaying in his mind. Blinking rapidly, he sighed and gathered a few things before turning and pushing the palm of his hand to his face to try to soothe himself, the other full of oddly made staves. The familiar cold snout and warm fur of Nava contacted his hand and he looked down, huffing and passing the staves to his other hand. With an open palm, he scratched her behind her ears for a few moments and patted her stout form, watching Liliana work. A shield was slung over his back and the two flat stones pinched a dropped sword. Charon had hoped faintly that the Templar did not expect to be buried with his weapons; so far as he knew he had no further use for them. Out of the corner of his eye, he glimpsed the tan of leather and craned his neck. A small bag was discarded, probably in the chaos. He blinked blearily and the elongated shard of rubble floated over and scooped it up by its strap. The floating rock deposited the bag near L and Lysanthir but Charon gave Nava one last scratch and began pacing around the room. His work was finished. Searching about, he picked up the scattered baubles that were the safest and most convenient to get. At the same time, he was listening for any more ragged breathing and searching for some tools that might be useful in working with the spider machine in the chamber far above.

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa attempted to dodge leh poke and poked back. On Moss’ side again. A grin slowly grew playful. Then he payed attention to Leonid’s response and sighed dejectedly. The little sprout on his head wilted a bit. He didn’t blame Leonid for not knowing, it wasn’t like he would remember faces when the whole desert is getting filled with magical water of doom and stone. The tiefling was busy just on surviving this odd phenomenon.

He pondered if he should go back to the dome, considering that Leonid hadn’t seen the servants until Moss chimed in. Isa stared at Moss for a moment. The sprout on his head quickly straightened and waved happily. Food sounds so good right now— Moss’ food sounds better to have~

Right, James is here. Maybe he should look into those books too, in case there was one that can help with the dome and the workings. “I’ll come with ya, Moss. I can use Shadow claw to carry the books while we walk over there. I believe my uncle’s grimore has the cure for the disease.” and he can eat something~

Zer0 Zer0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back