• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
- Isa Bianchi -

He laughed as he became the recipient of Moss’ vigorous affections, hugging him back. “I think she’s happy about us being together.“ Isa comforted the merman‘s quiet worries, reaching up to tuck a strand of white hair behind his ear before hugging him again.

The redhead chuckled, not caring about the slight tugs from his stitches as he bends forward, and nuzzled his face on top of Okami’s head. The large pupper is so cute and sweet~ “You’re such a good froo froo~ hahah~ ... Yeah. Can I help ya?” Now curious of how bad his injuries were, Isa sat up and pulled the covers off to see the bandages that continued from his chest down to his waist and legs. Then he wiggled his toes to see if it hurt...it didn’t. Okay. So nerves were okay.

He bends a knee a bit and felt that slight tug again, but he can handle that. Guess he shouldn’t move much or else— “I promise not to move too much. I don’t want our caring boss lady to bind me with bandages.” She is capable of doing that, Isa believes.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Of course." Then he laughed. "Yeah, best we get things done before L sees you moving about."

He took their empty breakfast tray, and opened the door for Isa when they went out. Isa could see through the windows a different tent interior, and through the windows, across their caravan was another tent, not Leonid's original shop tent, smaller, but still gaudy, with a seaweed lawn and peacocks in the front yard. Old classy music was drifting from the tent flap curtained with beads and stained glass, and every now and then Leonid's languid voice would rumble into song.

Moss had a clay jar where he stored their leftovers, guts of his hunts, all mixed into a mush only a dog could love for Okami. It was where people dumped whatever's left of their meal before washing the plates. He hoisted this up, asked if Isa could please grab the long make-shift ladle that had 'For pet food only' carved on the handle and Okami's huge pail of a doggy bowl, and then went outside.

There was already a small dark firepit underneath the tent flap surrounded by a few very curvy plush leather chairs embroidered in the style of Barad Eithel. The firepit didn't look like something Moss had made, he wouldn't paint the stones in many colors like that. And here he gathered some stones for the clay jar to rest, before asking Isa if he could make the fire for them. All the while Okami was jumping, tail wagging excitedly as he sniffed the jar and circled around them.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa asked Moss if he could help him stand up, holding onto his tanned hand as he carefully bended his knees and pushed himself up. After taking a few baby steps off the bed, he sighed in relief. None of the stitches broke. He bashfully smiled at Moss when he opened the door for him and held it for both the merman and Okami to go through before closing behind them.

As they walked to the kitchen, Isa looked through the window. Noticing that they were in a different tent and that the tent across from this tent is smaller. He tilted his head; was Leonid singing? Hm. Who knew the man likes singing. The redhead reached for the handle Moss mentioned, making sure it’s the one that has words carved on it before passing it to Moss. Then he searched for the flint and oil, grabbing the items from the shelves. He was silently grateful that he’s wearing comfortable clothing right now, it’s light and with the nice occasional chilly breeze that’s coming in from the tent’s flap; it’s nice to feel the breeze.

He followed Moss, going outside barefooted, and stood behind a curvy plush leather chair with a raised brow. That’s...that’s s lot of colorful stones... Isa chuckled and shook his head as he can guess who made the fire pit. “Yeah, I got it.” So the redhead walked over to the fire pit, sat down carefully, poured oil on it, and used the flint. Seeing it sparking red glowing dust until he saw the spark light the oil and became a fire.

”Got it, mi Orca tesoro.” Isa purred, smiling. Happy to see the flames. He chuckled at how excited Okami is to eat. He must have been really hungry. The redhead cooed at the puppers, standing up again and sat on the closest curvy leather seat. Blinking owlishly at how soft the seat was. The merman can see that Isa is trying to make himself sink in the seat by wiggling on the same spot before sitting still, his head on the plushness. Messy red strands slightly puffed as Isa snuggled into the seat. A hand gingerly poking the new unknown texture of plushy leather. Once he got comfortable, indigo eyes peeked at the merman. A smile appeared on his pale face. He started to hum quietly, sometimes mumbling a sentence that he can hear.

I loooove ya too much~” Isa is being a sappy romantic again~

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss perked up, smiling, and went bashful as he tended to the fire. "Did you know you called me sweet things while you were out of it?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Happy to see Moss be bashful, Isa continued to hum and sing a few sentences. He listened to the merman’s question and blinked owlishly. Then he grinned, curious. “Ohh? What did I say?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss continued to smile across the firepit. "You called me an angel. Do . . . do you really think I'm that handsome?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

He does vaguely remember seeing someone with white hair...ohhhh....

Isa turned red, poking the chair again as he replied honestly. “More than handsome. Protective, kind, funny. I feel like I can do anything when I’m near ya...You’re a blessing wrapped in merman and topped with wonderful.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss went back to poking the fire, perhaps even more bashful now. "I'm glad I make you feel that way."

He joined Isa, sitting on the plush arm rest. He entwined his hand around one of Isa's and kissed it. His fingers gently combed his hair. "We sort of have the day to ourselves, at least until the ladies come back. It's still early." The clay jar's top rattled, steaming, and Moss went over with the ladle and opened it up. Okami barked, and he hoisted the handles of the jar, and then poured the mush into the big pail doggy bowl. Okami attacked his food. "Is there anything you want to do, Isa? Anything I can get you?" he washed his hands, then went back to sit on the arm rest.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa beamed at the merman’s reaction, chuckling quietly. He wondered sometimes. Moss hasn’t said ‘I love you too’ yet . . . yet the redhead had a feeling that perhaps it’s merfolk thing, to not say it. Instead he shows affection through actions-

The redhead blinked owlishly when Moss came over to sit on the arm rest. Tenderly entwining their hands as he gingerly pulled them up. Lips pressed on the dorsal side of his hand, just behind his knuckles as if he was important to the merman. His heart skipped a beat as pink flushed on his cheeks. Isa practically purred when he felt a familiar hand comb through his slightly longer hair, fluttering his eyelids in a daze as he melted on the seat. Yeah, it‘s actions like this that made the redhead believe Moss felt the same way. He hummed, hearing the clattering of the clay lid. Okami’s food was ready.

Isa almost pouted when Moss moved away to feed Okami. Almost as Froo froo demanded food and he has waited long enough in the redhead’s opinion. So he waited patiently, lazily swing his legs. Wondering if he worried the others when they returned to the caravan in his state and then he stared at the bandages around his left arm. He guessed yes.

With a shy smile, Isa felt like there’s more pathways for him now, the old path for revenge crumbled away.

He perked up at the question as many things they could do ran through his mind. “Hmmmm. What can we do~?” Of course. Of course Moss can see through the redhead’s thoughts. What with those sparkly eyes staring at him and half expecting teasing smile, Isa wants to cuddle, that snuggle fiend. Even when the redhead was out of it from the wounds, it took a while for Moss to change his clothes. All because he kept reaching out and tried to snuggle with him during the sponge bath.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Smiling, Moss understood and scooched closer to Isa on the arm rest, careful not to bump his injured side. He offered his side for Isa's head, then laid his arm across him, and then began rubbing his good shoulder, caressing up his neck, combing his hair, and then rubbing back down his back.

Moss let Isa lead him anywhere he wished to cuddle, and was the big spoon this time, tickling Isa with playful bites and nom-noms on his neck and ears, as they chatted the morning away.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Excited, the redhead moved to his left, giving Moss space to sit in the chair with him. Placing his legs on top of his as he took up the merman’s offered side and laid his head. Then he perked up at the rubs and caresses before melting onto the merman’s side, looking like a happy cat that had a good stretch. Eyelids fluttering, feeling the affectionate tugs from Moss combing his hair with his tender fingers and purred his words as the combing went down to his back, transforming into caring rubs.

He was comfortable in the chair, not wanting to move away from the merman, however he understood that privacy is needed. So Isa led Moss to their bedroom, having to steal the couch and loveseat pillows to build a lounging back. He was about to sit down, ready to spoon Moss as usual, but then Moss cuts in. Saying that he wanted to be the big spoon this time. Isa blinked owlishly, surprised before smiling bashfully. “O-Okay.”

Moss rarely is the big spoon!

So the redhead let’s Moss spoon him. Laughing and slightly wiggles whenever the merman would tickle him with playful bites and nom-noms on his neck and ears; Moss knows that his ears are his weakness!! So Isa retaliated by playfully biting his neck back...whenever he could reach, that is. Moss wouldn’t let him move around much, wanting to be careful with the stitches. Actually, now that he noticed, Moss was even careful with their nose boops, as vigorous they were, Moss made sure they didn‘t hurt somehow.

As they chatted the morning away, Isa started to ponder on Moss’ actions and grinned a bit.

”I’m sorry for causing ya worry.” He muttered faintly before jumping from a playful bite on his reddening ear. Making him snort and giggle like a love-struck maiden.

Zer0 Zer0

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa nodded, peeking over his good shoulder to look at Moss. “Yeah . . . I feel like you’re being this sweet—sweeter than normal— because of my wounds.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Actually, it was because of your morning, kiss." he smiled. "And I thought about wooing you hard, and I remembered your courtesy customs, hence the door opening, and breakfast in bed~ As for the battle, that's not within your control, you could never predict what's going to happen, so, you don't have to say sorry for getting hurt. You did your best, Isa, and that's all we could really do in a fight."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa blinked owlishly before smiling in quiet relief. So this care came from affection, not worry. That’s good to know. The redhead nodded as he leaned on the merman, accepting Moss’ reply. Seeing his logic to things. Another reason for being attracted to the merman: he’s steady and level headed. “Very well . . .”

Then he perked up, suddenly sitting up and slightly turned around—- which was a bad idea. Wincing, he hissed at the tugging from his stitches but still he was stubborn, and shuffled around to face Moss fully. Legs stretched out as he sat on his good side of the hip. Placing his hands on his chest as he leaned in close with bright eyes.

“How does merfolk woo each other? Are they similar to humans or is there specific ways?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Careful, careful." said Moss, shifting to make it easier for Isa.

"Well, the expressions of the face when we are in love are the same. Er, I say this because we don't talk much underwater, rather we use gestures --- proper Nazja: with our tails, sign languages that also include writing using glowing ink that we squirt from here, here," he pointed at points around his hand, "and if this is my tail, and that is my waist," he formed his fingers into a Y, and then pointed at his elbow, "we have patterns that glow along our belly and back, some of which aren't obvious, they look just like normal scales until they glow. We can also talk, it's just . . . it takes a lot of effort, because there is no air. But when we do, when it comes to wooing, we serenade the ones we like, or call them with an imitation of their voice. If we don't want to speak, we touch or dance around them a lot, or write glowing poetry in the water . . . It's a bit different, because the ocean isn't flat like paper. I guess it's like lights around a Wintercrest tree, but with words instead of bulbs, and we swirl our poetry around the one we like. If we want it to last longer, we draw love notes on the sand, or chisel it in coral or precious stones."

"We also give each other gifts of copper, bronze, or brass, since they don't rust in water. Usually depicting what we like about the merperson. Let's see, what else is different? . . . O! And mated ones say I love you, by rubbing with our fins." He placed his hand on his hip and made flapping gestures. He shook his head and sighed. "It's just not the same with human hands."

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

“Thank you.” Isa smiled gratefully and leaning up to peck his cheek.

As the redhead listened to the merman, he tilted his head. Pondering of which one he can use. He was happy to be right about merfolk, they show affection through gestures because of their environment. Then he saw and heard Moss’ disappointment when he tried to say I love you with his hands on Isa’s hip. So Moss considered this relationship as mated, else he wouldn’t have done that or be disappointed . . . Wait!

Does Moss consider this relationship as mated in merfolk terms?! Dnjfdidiid-

Isa turned completely red and heated that Moss could cook an egg on him. Heart is racing as he tried to take deep breaths and failing. Hiccuping like a bird chirp with wide eyes as the implications overwhelmed the steaming redhead. He knows that his feelings runs deep for the merman, no surprise there but he didn’t have a clue on what Moss felt other than him wanting to be in a relationship with him-

Is he overthinking this again?!

Okay, okay. Breath! Think this through! Just ask him!

”W-we’re a mated couple in merfolk terms?” Isa held his breath, excited to hear what Moss will say. “For you? Are we close to being mated couples terms?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Oh, no, I'm following your customs." said Moss, surprised. "I know this doesn't mean I love you to you land dwellers," he did the flapping motion again, "because you say the words."

He looked at Isa seriously, thinking. "But I think that I love you." He looked at him intently. "Yes, I think I do." He smiled and then held Isa's hand. Then he realized something. "A-are you sad?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Yep, there’s that stab of disappointment along with the ‘yaaaaaay’-ness and a pinch of guilt. So he was overthinking it. Of course, why would Moss want to use his culture’s customs towards a human? He is trying to forget about it . . . But- Isa sighed and smiled weakly. “No, not sad. I . . . Hm.” How to explain?

”I misread.” Isa said, squeezing his hand in hopes to reassure him. “Ya sounded sad when ya did this gesture.” He copied what Moss did, but on his hip. Sweet in his approach and touch. “I thought that ya wouldn’t feel comfortable enough to actually try if ya didn’t feel that way and it made ya sad for not having the same feeling. So . . . That’s what I get for overthinking.” How to explain what Isa was thinking? Oh! Perhaps-

”I asked because I wanted to ... try merfolk wooing?”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

Moss immediately hugged Isa, as tightly, but as gently as he could with his wounds. "Isa ---", he took a deep breath, "Isa, I want to be your mate. I do feel that way. I don't have fins nor my tail, so I, I try to do things instead. And I thought we weren't there yet. Don't---don't we have to go through a courtship tradition? Don't I need your mother and grandfather's blessing first? And become worthy of you?" He was worried. "And then exchange vows before we are then mates?"

Moss didn't know what he was doing wrong, but he wanted to fix it and held both of Isa's hands to his chest.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“hm?!” Isa jumped, surprised when Moss hugged him tight before wrapping his arms around him. Hearing his tone, the redhead patted and rubbed his back comfortingly, listening to his words. He noticed how Moss is still careful with his wounds, that caring Angel.

As he watched Moss lean back and pull his hands close to his chest. Worried as if he didn‘t know what to do or what he did wrong, Isa realized something. With a huff and a warm smile, he pointed it out. “No, you’re right. That’s how mated couples do first here when they want to get married traditionally. Very traditionally. That’s not why I’m kind of sad . . . I want to show my affections and have ya feel fulfilled too. Like ya make me happy through human gestures. I want to make ya happy. I thought, maybe, just maybe I can do some of the merfolk ways of wooing since I know that ya don’t react to human gestures as much as the merfolk ones.”

”I may not have a fin or tail, but I know I can do some of the other ones like-“ Isa changed his voice, mimicking Moss’ voice as he smiled warmly. “I can do this, Lysander Moss~“ He purred lovingly, reaching up to cup his cheeks and rubbed tenderly with his thumbs. Then he cleared his throat, returning to his normal voice.

“Or if ya prefer, we can mix human and merfolk romantic gestures to make our own way of showing affection? I-if that’s okay?” He asked, hesitant as he didn’t know if Moss would be fine with Isa doing merfolk gestures.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

Moss looked confused. "I am happy. You do make me feel fulfilled. I don't react to human gestures?" he tilted his head.

Moss was surprised at the voice change. He thought about mixing gestures. He shook his head. "I don't really care much for gestures, I just want your honest ones. I think you are fine the way you are, Isa, always has been."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“Okay, maybe ‘not reacting’ is an exaggeration.” Isa reached to the side of his neck and rubbed. He hummed. “It’s more like I noticed ya react more to certain gestures than - ya know what? Never mind. I’m overthinking. Again.” He gave up on explaining what his thought process was, now seeing that he might be worrying over nothing. Especially now that Moss said he preferred his honest ones, somehow that gave Isa a bit of comfort-

Was . . . Isa feeling a bit self conscious about not being able to do the same for Moss? Not being able to get his family’s blessing and somehow looking for a way to still show that he wants to be mates? Yeah. The merman is doing a lot— that should speak for itself that Moss is happy— yet Isa felt like he wanted to show back the same sentiment. That’s probably why he asked and made this mini fuss.

”I’m sorry for making this fuss.” Isa sighed, holding onto his hands again and squeezed. “It’s good to hear that ya like my honest ones...I wanted to show ya that I do wanna be mates too, but I don’t know if I can get your family’s blessing because of obvious reasons. So I thought maybe if I did merfolk gestures, it’ll let ya know?”

He sighed again, nuzzling his reddening face in the crook of Moss’ neck and shoulder. Embarrassed and apologetic.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"No, no, I want to understand, if you are okay with that too." he squeezed his hand, and held the one rubbing his neck. "I don't want to make you feel like . . . like you're not enough."

Moss chuckled. "Isa. I know you want to be mates. That was one of the first things you told me, that you wanted to be more when we see each other again after we date." he hugged him and snuggled his nose into his hair. "This is no fuss at all. I do like knowing if you are feeling this way. I'm glad you told me."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“What did I do to deserve ya?” Isa‘s happy groan muffled in his shoulder, hugging the merman back tightly. Why is Moss so understanding? The redhead knows why logically speaking, but the surprising sentiment is there!

He peeked up to stare at those pretty teals with a playful grin. “Alright. Ya like my honest ones, then I hope ya are ready for the next level of honest gestures.” Yeah, that playful grin looked more like a promise of embarrassingly sweet moments.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back