• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Vampire The Masquerade: Royal Shadows (Relaunch- OOC)

Characters
Here
Ahem! Don't mind if a christen the thread with a quick question! I've been reading up on the 'bestial' features of the Gangrel clan and I've seen a few different descriptions of them. Some say that the animal features are always present and yet others state that the features are only present when the vampire in question goes into a frenzy.

I lean towards the former since it makes more sense given their loner, 'unlike the other clans' lore and their ostracization, but I wanted to double-check before I went again and added it to my character.

Ahem! Don't mind if a christen the thread with a quick question! I've been reading up on the 'bestial' features of the Gangrel clan and I've seen a few different descriptions of them. Some say that the animal features are always present and yet others state that the features are only present when the vampire in question goes into a frenzy.

I lean towards the former since it makes more sense given their loner, 'unlike the other clans' lore and their ostracization, but I wanted to double-check before I went again and added it to my character.
Wish I could help you there, but overall I'm not to familiar with the inner lore of The Gangrel. But If anybody has an answer, I kinda like to know myself.

Right, so, if memory serves-Whenever a gangrel frenzies, they gain an atavistic feature temporarily. However, certain conditions(such as a particularly potent frenzy, age, loss of humanity, or repeated exposure), make it more and more likely that the condition will stick around permanently instead.

Also, Gangrel aren't really all that ostracized-their nemeses, the Ravnos, are the poor sods who drew the short end of that stick.

I mean the character is question is a thin blood of chaittif so clan defining features or weaknesses may not present thenselves

I mean the character is question is a thin blood of chaittif so clan defining features or weaknesses may not present thenselves
Since you brought up the Thin Blood angle, maybe you can clear something up for me. I don't think I ever read in the lore, but is it ever possible for a Thin Blood to fully walk in the day light? I know many have been reported to withstand twilight, maybe an hour before sunset and an hour after sunrise but do you know of any lore cases of one being a full Day Walker like Blade? Different genre I know, just using an illustration.

Since you brought up the Thin Blood angle, maybe you can clear something up for me. I don't think I ever read in the lore, but is it ever possible for a Thin Blood to fully walk in the day light? I know many have been reported to withstand twilight, maybe an hour before sunset and an hour after sunrise but do you know of any lore cases of one being a full Day Walker like Blade? Different genre I know, just using an illustration.
Yes some can others can't its random.

I assume since there's a necromancer and a Voivode present, even the unaligned can be at Elysium, right?

Not that Alexander is particularly keen to draw attention to himself from something somehow even more fucked up than he is, but some casual lurking never hurt anyone.

I assume since there's a necromancer and a Voivode present, even the unaligned can be at Elysium, right?

Not that Alexander is particularly keen to draw attention to himself from something somehow even more fucked up than he is, but some casual lurking never hurt anyone.
If you can come up with a convincing reason as to why they would invite your character to this Special Elysium...than go for it. But that's the thing, this council is special invite only, so your guy has to have a valid reason to be there. But your man can always be lurking on the outside of the building and ease drop, if you wanna go that route.

If you can come up with a convincing reason as to why they would invite your character to this Special Elysium...than go for it. But that's the thing, this council is special invite only, so your guy has to have a valid reason to be there. But your man can always be lurking on the outside of the building and ease drop, if you wanna go that route.
Oh, must've missed that restriction. Probably a bad plan to go personally, but it does give me a neat idea-Is the place warded against spirits?

Also if any of the other non-attending individuals would like to stumble onto/meet for business with the very normal Nosferatu, lmk

Right, so, if memory serves-Whenever a gangrel frenzies, they gain an atavistic feature temporarily. However, certain conditions(such as a particularly potent frenzy, age, loss of humanity, or repeated exposure), make it more and more likely that the condition will stick around permanently instead.

Also, Gangrel aren't really all that ostracized-their nemeses, the Ravnos, are the poor sods who drew the short end of that stick.
Thanks for the feedback! Given my character is recently turned I'll forgo any animal features until later on.

Oh, must've missed that restriction. Probably a bad plan to go personally, but it does give me a neat idea-Is the place warded against spirits?

Also if any of the other non-attending individuals would like to stumble onto/meet for business with the very normal Nosferatu, lmk
Well it's a special council with all of the top brass of the Camarilla, nearly every important high ranking vampire is in attendance. It's damn near warded against nuclear fallout...so yea it's well guarded :coolshades:

Maybe if nobody present had auspex it would be worthwhile to try, lmao. As is, seems like a great way to get turned into a chair.

Maybe if nobody present had auspex it would be worthwhile to try, lmao. As is, seems like a great way to get turned into a chair.
I don't know, if you take the generational aspect out of it, a Tzimisce against a Baali seems like a pretty squared up match, from everything I've read anyway.

You would be correct-The Tzimisce is incredible in melee, but the Baali can absolutely wreck someone's day at a range, between Conflagration, Condemnation, and Psychomachia.

The generational gap though means that the Tzimisce in this instance is much faster, much stronger, can fly and has access to claws that bypass normal vampiric resistance.

Oh, and did I mention he can turn into a fucking dragon?

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying it will require bringing a lot of friends over, and that kind of attention isn't great to have.

Well ash at least would let him spy Judy because fucking with tge higher gens is funny

You would be correct-The Tzimisce is incredible in melee, but the Baali can absolutely wreck someone's day at a range, between Conflagration, Condemnation, and Psychomachia.

The generational gap though means that the Tzimisce in this instance is much faster, much stronger, can fly and has access to claws that bypass normal vampiric resistance.

Oh, and did I mention he can turn into a fucking dragon?

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying it will require bringing a lot of friends over, and that kind of attention isn't great to have.
Ok, good to know.

Hello, hello. Looking to post soon or at least tomorrow by my time, partly because I am a bit stuck on how to set the scene. Guess I'll go at it solo for now.

Hello, hello. Looking to post soon or at least tomorrow by my time, partly because I am a bit stuck on how to set the scene. Guess I'll go at it solo for now.
I left Cynthia's last known location near Alun's, so if you'd like to set something up together then I'd be all for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back