• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Purity

Nebulous Member
INTRODUCTION
Hi there! I'm Purity, comp sci student, video game enthusiast, occasionally avid writer, and supposedly an anime fan. Been RP'ing for about a decade now, and that also makes me 21+ now that I think about it. Eugh. Anyway, hopefully you find something here interesting!

ABOUT ME
  • VERY FLEXIBLE. I can't stress this enough. If I bring up something I want to include, it's not like I want it immediately set in stone. I'd love to talk about it, what you want to change about it, what you want to add, etc. This encompasses literally every plot offering I have.
  • Novella-style, I tend to give my partner what they give me + any extra excitement I have at the time.
  • No triggers.
  • Love romance and platonic stories equally, and I have no gender preference for my characters. However, I can't RP a story where romance is the central focus.
  • Only thing I can't do for romance is mxm. Just not my cup of tea. Platonic's great though!
  • Love playing multiple characters, but depends on whether it's appropriate for the story.
  • Talking about what we're going to do is my jam, I like to plan and worldbuild a lot beforehand. Fair warning, I word vomit a lot.
  • Very talkative OOC! I'm available pretty much 24/7 on Discord, and all RPN notifs are forwarded to there as well so I'm almost always available.
  • Very transparent once we get to plotting.
  • Ghost-friendly! Would absolutely appreciate a heads up, but real life first. I'll bump you once after a week of inactivity and then I won't bother you.
  • Samples available on request.
LOOKING FOR
  • Quality. I need writing that's fun to read and respond to. Other than that, please try to write at least two paragraphs. I really can't work with shorter replies.
  • Please, as much as I respect your ideas, respect mine. Starting with this thread. If I suspect you're not reading things I'm writing or just glossing over my ideas to shove yours in, I will ghost.
  • Being the only one offering new ideas isn't just exhausting, it makes me uncomfortable! Communication is very important, so communicate with me! Tell me about your ideas, things I said you like or hate, or even just how your day was. Like I said in the intro, I'm very open to ideas.
  • Someone who's open. Tell me about your triggers, please! And try to let me know when you're available or not. Also, give me a bit of an introduction and tell me what you're interested in when messaging me! I know it's hard to believe, but those "you want to rp?" messages DO exist.
  • Someone who follows site rules!
  • Be active OOC. I promise I'm pretty chill once we talk, this thread is just my cold assistant you have to interact with first. I love listening to your day, your problems, your gushing, anything!
SPOTLIGHT
For today's craving, TLOK! Funny how I went from one Avatar to the other Avatar series, but just how things roll. I know a lot of people prefer ATLA, but there's just something about the steampunk-esque setting, the music, the different themes with the spirit world and unique bending styles, and so many other things they started to explore in TLOK that fascinate me even if it comes with its fair share of flaws. As usual with my fandoms, I'm only looking for an oc x oc AU, though canon characters could make an appearance if I'm convinced. I have a couple plot ideas in mind that I might write down later, but I also might not because I'm not too concerned with where the plot goes or even who plays what, since it's just something I really want to RP right now and have some cool character ideas for. If you want to come into this swinging as the Avatar with some story where we have to save the world, tell me about it! If you just share my craving and want to worldbuild something compelling together, let me know! I'm all ears. I'm particularly interested in partners looking for a novella long term RP, maybe even getting to the point of a new Avatar. That would be super cool.

ORIGINALS
Otherwise, these are some original plots I have! I was too lazy to knock everything down a peg on the stars, but yeah, just know that I'm looking for these a bit less right now.
★★★★★✰ HERO IN YOU - isekai, mha vibes, superpowers, heroes, villains, family
(If you'd like to thicken the plot further/add romance, we could also split the mains to different parents. I would prefer to keep this in one family just because that's what I'm craving, but I'm leaving this as an option.)

In a world of superpowers, a society of heroes and villains, Muse A and Muse B are essentially nobodies. But at the same time, they could be anybody. They could be heroes. They could be villains. They could just be civilians minding their own business and carrying on with their days. Perhaps they crossed paths at one point. Perhaps they're perpetual rivals. There are countless different faces which Muse A and Muse B could take.

The one thing they share, however, is adoration for Muse C. She's one of the top heroes, very popular but also slightly peculiar in that they always kept their private life separate as opposed to some who saw fit to just make heroism their life entirely. After all, it's an occupation now. But when Muse A and Muse B each die a heroic death to prove heroism is beyond just powers, they find themselves entangled in Muse C's life because they're reborn as her children. A surprise, to be sure, as nobody knew she was expecting.

What will Muse A and Muse B do now, as children of their hero?
★★★★★✰ THE SONG OF WATER - makoto shinkai, urban fantasy, modern japan, spirits
(Heavily inspired by Suzume, if you can see the resemblances.)

Muse A is an orphan, a victim of a massive tsunami that once swept through the countryside where she lived. It drowned her mother, her father, her friends, her hometown, and it nearly drowned her as well, until... it didn't. Adopted by her great-uncle and great-aunt, she lives close enough to the bay that swallowed her childhood home to visit the sunken town every now and then. Because she can breathe underwater, and in fact, feels much more comfortable underwater, away from the troubles of the world, the pressures of society, the schoolwork, the work work, just her and the flowing water as one. And so she keeps it as her little secret, her little comfort in a life that's already filled with so much sorrow.

One day, she runs into Muse B, who she can clearly tell is from out of town since it's a fairly small town and she knows most of the inhabitants. And clearly, he has secrets of his own, because he asks Muse A if she knows of anyone in the town that can breathe underwater. What unfolds next is an adventure of rediscovering the past and figuring out exactly what happened, and how to prevent it from happening again.
★★★★★✰ BLOOD ROSE - isekai, victorian, nobility, fantasy, arranged marriage, family
(Same as above, except in this one I'm more willing to split the mains into different families because we could add a further dimension of arranged marriage amongst the two.)

This Victorian era is slightly different from the one that we know. In fact, so different, it's not actually the Victorian era, it was more to just set the idea for the setting. In this world, most of the aristocrat families have hereditary magic, and powerful magics are yet another factor alongside wealth, influence, manners, etc. for their super complicated arranged marriages. Heirs are chosen based on both education and how much of their parents' magic they inherited, and children who fail to deliver in either aspect are virtually disowned.

Muse A and Muse B were rivals in a past life. Whether that was a modern life where they worked as business rivals or a different age where they were literally opponents on the battlefield or any other number of rivalries is up for interpretation, but regardless they somehow ended up dying together, and being reborn together. Now, they're the children of particularly powerful and wealthy parents, and each of them have inherited their own unique blend of their parents' magics. However, their parents are each fiercely independent, and having been placed into this marriage by their respective families for purely political gain, their marriage is falling to pieces in front of their families and the scrutiny of other powerful political opponents. It's up to Muse A and Muse B to either put their feud aside and try to salvage their parents' relationship, or resume their squabble as if nothing has changed.
★★★★✰✰ DEATHLESS - sci-fi, futuristic, space odyssey, galaxy hopping, fantasy???
(Most recently inspired by Honkai Star Rail, but there's been so many influences for this in the past that I'm loathe to go over every single one.)

This is a project of mine that I always come back to and change my vision of, mostly because it draws from a lot of influences. In this particular case, this is more of a setting or a universe to explore rather than a concrete story idea. I know this is going to be a rather brief overview, but trust that I have a lot more sketched out that I want to share and willing to work with/change. This is also potentially something I wish to make a group RP someday, so this is for those people that REALLY want to commit. XD

The Deathless are, as the name suggests, beings that verge on immortality by having the trait of essentially respawning or reforming after death. Additionally, they have other abilities that are borderline fantastical in nature, abilities that led them to essentially conquer the known quadrant of the galaxy. That was several millennia ago, however, and now the galaxy is fragmented into pieces with warring factions on a galactic scale trying to hold dominion or exact peace on its people. The Deathless race fell with their empire. Mostly. As few as their numbers were to begin with, it's difficult to get rid of a race of beings that can't die.

Our story could cover anything, from the survivors of this fabled race to human marines of one of these factions trying to make a difference. Our characters could be scavengers, exploring ancient ruins across entire solar systems, or ace pilots caught up in a war way out of their control. The galaxy is a large place, seeing the rise and fall of several empires throughout its lifespan. The mysteries it contains, all the knowledge lost and found or waiting to be recovered, it has an infinite number of stories to tell and an infinite number furthermore. And along the way, there'd be AIs, hardlight swords, guns, metaphysics, quantum physics, planetary devastation, and more!
★★★★✰✰ JIJINKI - dark fantasy, modern japan, spirits, yokai
(Think Studio Ghibli vibes, but darker.)

Muse A is a high school student that matured far too quickly. Having buried his father in the past and taking care of his mother from an illness for a long time, he's no stranger to death, especially when his mother finally passes. Per the arrangements made in advance, Muse A goes to live with his grandmother in a smaller town, who shares his grief for his mother’s death but takes solace in her faith in spirituality. Muse A, unfortunately, shares no such beliefs and is only left with his sorrow.

Until he visits the graveyard and finds Muse B eating his mother’s rampaging spirit. Much to Muse B's surprise, as normal humans aren't supposed to be able to see spirits.

Muse B is a similar age to Muse A, but that's about where the similarities end. She's a Jijinki. She can eat pretty much anything, whether it be physical or more conceptual like energy or time. But she's dying. She's been looking for a way to cure herself, with the only thing she's figured out so far is that eating the souls of people staves off her own death. So far, she's restricted herself to only consuming those souls which have recently died and can't depart for whatever reason, but eating dead spirits is losing its efficacy.

Despite the most awkward of introductions, Muse A promises to help Muse B find the cure she's looking for, and she in return agrees to show Muse A the spiritual side of the world along with discovering why he's suddenly gaining these abilities.
★★★✰✰✰ KINGMAKER - modern, sci-fi, superheroes, supervillains, school, celeb group?
(It's intended for them to transition more out of a school story and into a idol kinda thing, where Muse B is more of a manager.)

Muse A is a pretty average high school (or college) student, but with a rather tragic background. They've been the target of bullying, they've lost some people close to them, they've even found that they've been diagnosed with a life-threatening illness. But one thing that's not average about them is their optimism. Regardless of their situation, they've always tried to stay happy, and even stood up for others when they could barely stand up for themselves.

Muse B goes to the same school as Muse A, but that's about where the similarities stop. You see, Muse B has the ability to grant others superpowers. And this ability is pretty unrestricted, only limited by their imagination. The only reason they don't just give everyone the superpower they always dreamt about is because they've made some poor choices with it in the past, and no longer consider themselves responsible enough to choose who to be a superhero. Plus, even if they don't want to admit it, deep down they're slightly bitter that they can't just give themselves superpowers. However, through a twist of fate, they learn of Muse A's predicament, and now must decide if this is life's way of telling them to try once more.
WORD BANK
fantasy
supernatural
dragon shifter
yokai
demons
angels
oriental fantasy
feudal japan
ghibli-esque
witchcraft
isekai
scifi
cyberpunk
space odyssey
time travel
artificial intelligence
multiverse
superheroes
quantum mechanics
neon lights
esp
reverse isekai
cafe
college
slice of life
snowy
dystopia
urban fantasy
japan
hidden life
light/comedic
dark/gritty

CONCLUSION
Thanks for stopping by! I prefer DMs for introductions, but you can reach out below with questions. Have a great day, and looking forward to hearing back!

Last edited:
HI YES HELLO YOUR SECOND PLOT (both actually, now that I'm Thinkingtm) FOR THE AVATAR THING LOOKS SO INTERESTING

I tend to ask before PMing people, so are you still up for brainrot/rp vibes?

Last edited:
HI YES HELLO YOUR SECOND PLOT (both actually, now that I'm Thinkingtm) FOR THE AVATAR THING LOOKS SO INTERESTING

I tend to ask before PMing people, so are you still up for brainrot/rp vibes?

Absolutely! Feel free to PM me, I would type something longer up to start PMs but I'm about to leave home.

Hiya, I have a Studio Ghibli esque plot a would love to try out (involving supernatural beings, postwar mid 1950s Japan, old, broken-down home being restored subplot, family dramas/dynamics).

Hiya, I have a Studio Ghibli esque plot a would love to try out (involving supernatural beings, postwar mid 1950s Japan, old, broken-down home being restored subplot, family dramas/dynamics).

Hi there! I'd be willing to look over this plot! Send me the plot along with a little introduction about yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back