• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic UEEF Marines - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Psychie Psychie forgot to tell you that Keith is loading up a Nova Cyclone and Torni has a Comet with an EP-37s as her main firearm.

Sherwood Sherwood

For his personal gear, earlier you seemed to be clear about using the word "rifle" for what you wanted C'osmo to carry, but now you asked which "weapon" he wanted to take with him? After I saw Pyrrah's AP Cannon, I realized what I think you mean: "What kinda gun you want already?! Sheesh!" Ha ha!

Could Heavy Gunner C'osmo go with the Mk. 25 AGL instead of the Karbarran Ion Rifle? Preferably with HEAPs? That would make his personal set-up really well-rounded for whatever they might encounter.

If the answer is yes, it is this weapon C'osmo would like to trick out. Preferably with the improved ammo (+10%) upgrade along with a fine-tuned trigger (+1 to Strike) and a really sweet paint job! If not, I'll go with something else.

Mk.25 40mm Automatic Grenade Launcher
This is a heavy weapon that can normally be mounted on combat jeeps and trucks as a gunner operated assault weapon.
Weight: 54 lbs for the launcher; add 25 lbs for a 48 round belt, or 50 lbs for a 96 round belt
Range: 1,700 feet
Mega Damage: By grenade type, typical loadouts include:
AP/F (Antipersonnel/Fragmentation) - 4D6 MD to a 12 foot radius for a single shot, 2d6x10 to a 24 foot radius with a six grenade burst
HEAP (High Explosive Armor Piercing) - 6d6 MD to a three foot radius for a single shot, 3d6x10 to an 8 foot radius with a six shot burst
Payload: 48 or 96 round 4omm grenades in a disintegrating link belt.
Note: Solders need a P.S. of at least 17 or must have the W.P. Heay M.D. Weapons skill. All others are -3 to strike.

For the Silverback:
Rear mount: OSS-88 Scout/Recon Suite
(Wheel 1: HRG-70 Rail Gun)
Wheel 2: GR-97 Mini-Missile Dual Launcher
Wheel 3: GR-97 Mini-Missile Dual Launcher
Wheel 4: GR-97 Mini-Missile Dual Launcher
Note: All Plasma warheads (1d6x10 M.D. each).

For C'osmo's personal weaponry:
H-90 Gallant Multi-weapon. 4 E-clips for pistol, 4 for rifle.
Mk. 25 Automatic 40mm Grenade Launcher with HEAP?
Melee: Karbarran War-shovel (standard size)

Note: I've turned the Silverback into a "missile boat" largely because I am thinking the Cyclones have limited area-of-effect weapons (i.e. missiles). And that Scout Suite? Man, buffing the entire party (plus maybe any other friendlies we happen by)? C'osmo and I "agree" on that being the way to go for a bear like him!

Last edited:
Looks good to me. You can go ahead and take the grenade launcher with those mods.

So... we still need Eon's Cyclone choice and battle kit, right? And if all goes well, Cthulu will be joining us after his Character is made?

Is Keith the Corpsman NPC going to remain with the Dragon Slayers after Cthulu joins us?

Eon has already picked a Cyclone, but I don't remember which one of the two types he selected 😩. For some reason I'm thinking or was the Nova but I might be wrong on that.

That's correct. He had the Nova Cyclone picked out.

I will probably drop Keith and keep Torni as the only npc.

Hey bud? Sherwood Sherwood
Out of all her squad, it is C'osmo that has her attention at this moment. From what he told her, his past commanders never trusted him with a weapon so this might be his first combat. Pyrrah goes over to where he is examining his Silverback. "LT C'osmo, how's it going over here? Is your mecha fully prepped and ready to fly?"
(bold mine)

Just a RP nugget here. Our guys came with packets, right? Information dossiers? Couldn't Pyrrah open C'osmo's up and read under his combat reports that he, uh, doesn't have any? =) She should know for certain he's not seen action and that all of his trigger-time is on the range, shouldn't she?

While the character might know this, the player wasn't going to make any assumptions about another player character. It is, of course, Sherwood's call.

Also there is a lot of years that the Invid have been on Karbarran soil that C'osmo might have some fighting in that is not in his UEEF files.

Good points from both of you. Yes, the UEEF file shows that C'osmo has not had any combat drops, but it doesn't show what he has done prior to enlisting, if anything.

Also there is a lot of years that the Invid have been on Karbarran soil that C'osmo might have some fighting in that is not in his UEEF files.
Huh! I hadn't thought about that. In my head, he's been doing science all the way up until the UEEF had their "science-trained front-liner shortage" (see C'osmo's background). I was thinking he was formulating some really cool (at least to bears) scientific method of "making fresh honey in its various forms onto every UEEF vessel" or something equally harmless. I imagine his file is filled with all kinds of things worthwhile to people in the scientific community (especially seeing how many ships he's been on having been passed from squad to squad).

Just so you guys know, I was going to have C'osmo's very first combat action being the recovery of many a young Marine - shock! Shock at the reality of real combat (what Real Life fighter pilots all the way back to Vietnam call "facing the Elephant" or fully understanding that death is here and waiting to take people with him if you get my meaning). Shock immediately followed by letting his training take over (with probably a lot of surprised shouting). Then on his second Action, Cosmo will quickly get his head on straight and start engaging the enemy (or whatever we're up against).

Yeah. We were only 1st level at the start of the game. He's young (just 20 years old in bear-years). I don't mind roleplaying out his very first combat like that, especially with that M.E. of 11 on him. He's not brave by nature, but he's no coward either. But that's not something he knows yet. The Elephant stands ready to teach him.

Sherwood Sherwood Hey! Thanks for the Love there, but... what about the post made you feel that way?

Ok. Here are the attributes for Sark the Karbarran.
I.Q. 2D6+5, M.E. 2D6+5, M.A. 2D6+9, P.S. 3D6+14 (Augmented), P.P. 2D6+3, P.E. 2D6+12, P.B. 2D6, Spd 2D6+3.

11+6+5=22
12+6+1=19
7 (replace with 24)
PS: 12

P.S.: 12
I.Q. 5+8=13
M.E. 5+10=15
M.A. 9+22=31
P.S. 14+12=26
P.P. 3+10=13
P.E. 12+19+1(running skill) =32
P.B. 24
Spd 3+8+10 (running skill 4d4)= 21

I'll start working on everything else. Adding in the other skills now.

Last edited:
cthuluneedsahug cthuluneedsahug Another thing I don't think I've seen mentioned recently concerning your character - thanks to Psychie, Sherwood has allowed us to take on a free Attribute of 24. Unless you have an RP reason to keep an Attribute low, you might swap your lowest Attribute with the 24.

1. I don't know if you answered this and I missed it so I'll ask again - is there a nickname you like to be called or is it "cthuluneedsahug" all of the time?

2. How familiar are you with Rifts?
I swapped my lowest PB with 24 so now my bear is cute.
Jake is fine or my character name is Sark.

I played a game of Rifts with Sherwood a few years ago but I have the rule book and, as I remember the character creation is more straightforward than some other systems.

Sherwood Sherwood If I take medical doctor that counts for 3 medical skills? Can I take that and count it as my two medical and one of my science skills for science officer? that would leave me with two more science skills.

I swapped my lowest PB with 24 so now my bear is cute.
Jake is fine or my character name is Sark.

I played a game of Rifts with Sherwood a few years ago but I have the rule book and, as I remember the character creation is more straightforward than some other systems.
cthuluneedsahug cthuluneedsahug O.K.! Heya Jake!

Ok. Here are the attributes for Sark the Karbarran.
I.Q. 2D6+5, M.E. 2D6+5, M.A. 2D6+9, P.S. 3D6+14 (Augmented), P.P. 2D6+3, P.E. 2D6+12, P.B. 2D6, Spd 2D6+3.

11+6+5=22
12+6+1=19
7 (replace with 24)
PS: 12

P.S.: 12
I.Q. 5+8=13
M.E. 5+10=15
M.A. 9+22=31
P.S. 14+12=26
P.P. 3+10=13
P.E. 12+19+1(running skill) =32
P.B. 24
Spd 3+8+10 (running skill 4d4)= 21

I'll start working on everything else. Adding in the other skills now.
Given how combat-heavy Robotech games can be, may I recommend you put an above-average Attribute into Sark's Physical Prowess? P.P. is the Attribute that determines one's combat abilities in a game like this one. If you haven't already, maybe take a look through our Characters? You'll notice everybody has a P.P. with an above-average number. That is by design, friend.

Eonivar Eonivar
Onni was making final checks and inspections on each of the squadron's mecha, walking from vehicle to vehicle, going through checks on his wrist mounted computer. His short black armored form looked strange without his tail as well as his "helmet with ears". He was finishing up final prep on his own cyclone when Pyrrah approached him. The lower part of his helmet covered his mouth with its built in breath mask, so only his golden eyes peered out from under the raised visor as he looked up at his Meltrandi commanding officer. His voice had a different echo to it since he was not speaking through his normal breath mask but the one built into the CVR-3.
I don't know about the rest of you, but the more Eon continues to excellently play his Onni, the more the Garudans remind me of Mass Effect's mask-laden Quarians. So cool!

Eon! My lady, Kaerri, and I have been wondering - how does one properly pronounce "Onni," please? Kaerri (who is better with Western languages than me) thinks it is pronounced "OHn-ni" with "On" sounding like the word of the same spelling (as in "on" and "off") coupled with "knee?"

So... "On-knee?" Is that right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back