• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Two Worlds Collide

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Nicoli nodded as he listened. He couldn't help the surge of pride he felt at hearing all Rowan had been doing already, but it was everything else that he was more concerned about. "I plan to stay for good this time." He assured Hector first. "I need a day to readjust to be alive and to familiarize myself with my weapon. I continued to train even in the human world though, so I am not out of practice. I would request for Julia and Kevin to remain here even if she wasn't so badly wounded. I broke their trust and right now that is a risk. But since Julia needs to heal and I think Kevin needs to be with her, then I think it's best they stay. I have no issue partnering with Jeremiah on this one. He should be the prime leader and I should be more of his second in command. Especially if he knows his team well. And Hector? I will protect Helena, with everything I have." He assured him. "What kind of mission is it?" He asked.

Hector smirked and nodded, "We located a strong hold that we believe that could have information on the spies in out tower and some that might be placed in other towers. We need to find out if it is, but it is heavily guarded and even our Spys couldn't get through the outer shell. There is a spell protecting it, that only a collection of shadow weapons will be able to break through. I figured four should do the trick. Any more and I am concerned that it would weaken our other forces far too much. But if it's what we think it is, the shadow weapons I selected should work perfectly. I don't want to hurt them, but we have to protect the humans, at any cost. Or we may never returned to the world that our ancestors helped to create."

Nicoli nodded gravely in understanding. "So, we break through and collect information and spies. Who do you have in mind for this mission?" He asked, wondering if he'd recognize the members. He'd been gone a long time but even the youngest members who were old enough to go on a mission would have been young children before he left. "Also I assume J is already aware of this mission?"

"J knows we have a mission for him in the works, since you are here, I won't have to send Helena or Kyle* with our shadow weapon. The shadow weapons going in are yours, J, Brandon and Eric. In addition, i am sending Adam, Emery, Sarah, Freda, and Emmett, for the moment, along with Gabriel and Rowan." he explained.

Nicoli felt himself go cold. "You want my daughter with us to?" He asked. "She...you don't think her inexperience will be dangerous." He said. Of course he was worried about her, but it could be a danger to the team as well. "Will Brandon and Eric be accompanying us? Or just their weapons? Emery is Eric's brother right? So he could handle the weapon if need be...." his mind was already working out all the details. He couldn't help himself, it was how he worked. "When do you plan for this mission to take place? Aren't some of them, like Rowan on mission currently?"

Hector sighed, "Yes, they are on missions currently. And yes, I plan for them to with their weapons, what better welders for their weapons." he frowned, "I understand your concern, but Rowan and Emmett are going in with a different purpose, then to fight. It comes to my attention that Rowan has the ability that Kyle* does, maybe even stronger then his. If there are those powerful enough to conceal themselves from you and Jeremiah, she will be able to see them and Emmett will be able to gather the information we need." He placed his hand on Nicoli's shoulder, "Sarah and Adam will be there to protect her and I will be sending a Spy or two along with you. I can't tell you which ones, obviously." It was normally the routine for the Spys identity to be a secret, because some mission members wanted to conversate and Spys were not much for talking and were rarely ever on the same mission with the same people often. Not to mention, Spys were assigned by who was available, unlike other warriors which were assigned by team and mission. "But your daughter has become in interest to one Spy. I am sure you remember Caleb." Caleb was a special case, like a few others, he was selected as a Spy and trained as a toddler, but he was a genius, so his skills quickly reached most peaks. He was mission ready before he hit double digits. "He has requested to help her again, he is currently tailing her, to make sure she doesn't get in any danger. She is between two shadow wields at the moment."

Nicoli didn't particularly care for that, that his daughter had the same gift as Kyle* but he couldn't change that. "I am surprised. From what I remember of Caleb he was as closed off as a spy could be." He said with a faint smirk. It was a relief to know he was keeping watch over Rowan and that he wanted to continue to keep watch over her. Nicoli was silent a moment, organizing and processing everything. Then he let out a deep sigh. "Alright, I trust your judgement, you're head of this tower for a reason." He said with a faint smile. "When do we go? Will I have time to teach my daughter at least a few basic defense moves?" He asked curiously. If not he would make that work.

Hector nodded, "You will have time, I should have everything ready in three days at the most, so hopefully by them everything will have worked out." He sighed, "I honestly am surprised myself, Caleb has had no interest in helping anyone, but Rowan had him on a mission and she seems to have given him an impression."

Emery say the stars hit the stone from near him towards Rowan, he growled, before he moved fast enough to get her out of the way, as a star aimed for her head. Caleb jumped down, speaking in a language older then human language. Emery let Rowan go, glaring at Caleb, not noticing Eric, he snapped, "What do you mean you were training? This isn't for training."

Caleb looked at Rowan with a small almost invisible smirked, before looking at Emery, "I am a Spy." he stated as if that was all he needed to say before reaching his hand out, his stars pulled themselves out of the floor and back in his hand.

Emery glared, "That doesn't mean...." he paused, as Caleb disappeared, "You can't practice anywhere you want." he snapped and sighed before glaring at Rowan, "And you." he growled, "Why don't you go bug your father? You know, one of these days you are going to get hit by a Spys weapon and believe it, you are going to be dead."

Nicoli couldn't help but to smile. "That's my girl," he said quietly. He then nodded. "Okay. I'll get to training with her as much as I can in that time, and to train with my weapon again. What else do you need from me right now?" He asked. Hector knew he could call on him at any point for anything if he needed to.

Rowan noticed Caleb's look and fought not to smile. She glanced to Emery and noticed they were far enough away for Eric to get through to where he needed to be. She wished she could have thanked Caleb, but now was not the time. She needed to keep Emery's attention for a little longer while he was away from his post. "Thank you...though I thought we agreed you weren't going to save me again." She pointed out, anneyebrow raised and a small smirk on her lips. "Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised, you're a good person. Your instinct is to protect." She added.

Hector smirked, "No. You should spend some time with your daughter. Maybe when she gets the hang of some things, she can try her weight with the shadow weapons. After all, it's connected to her, just as it is, to you."

Emery glared at her, "Whatever. My instincts were to leave you to die and drag your father back here. Maybe it's not instincts but stupidity that I keep making sure you aren't dead yet."

Nicoli grinned. "When she is able and ready I think perhaps that would be a good idea. Especially if anything happens to me...again." He said. "Alright, I'll see if I can hunt her down...oh, where would you like me to room? Is my old room available still or shall I move elsewhere." He asked.

Rowan smiled a little, especially because he didn't seem to realize he still had a hand on her. "I think you secretly have a fondness for me." She teased. "Or you're waiting for the perfect form of death to approach me. Like falling into a ditch or something." She added playfully.

Hector looked stumped for a moment, "That's a complicated question." He paused, "Currently.... Rowan has been staying in your room, until the selection test in a few days. I would move her to Helena's room, but she is here." He paused, "I might have a room for her, that would be more ideal, but I'm not sure how they would take it."

Emery glared at her, "We already fall in a ditch, but I see your point. Sure." He smirked, "Next time I'll push you off a sharp mountain, maybe that is that I am waiting for."

"They? What do you have in mind?" Nicoli asked him curiously. He had to admit he was glad he would get to see his daughter go through the selection test. He never imagined he would, and he had to admit he was curious.

Rowan grinned more, a small giggle escaping from her. His smirk was as close to a smile he'd given her and it had delighted her. "Sounds the most satisfactory for you. Getting to deal the final blow." She teased.

Hector smirked, "Like your room, Emery's room was connected to his betrothed. Since Helena and your room is still connected, and Jean's room is unused, I can move Rowan there. Emery had been saving her, since she got here and his room is across the hall to yours." He suggested.

Emery looked at her surprised, before he moved back, jumping slightly as he noticed he still had hold of her. Then he glared, "Don't you have somewhere to be?"

Nicoli thought a moment. "That may work. Not that I want to kick my daughter out of my room," he said with a slightly amused grin. "But perhaps that will be good. Do the two of them get along?" He asked.

Rowan looked around as if thinking about her answer. In truth she was seeing if Eric was through and trying to hide a laugh at Emery's reaction. "I mean, I'm rather enjoying spending time here with you." She teased. He was so easy to annoy. It surely didn't help her case, but it was what it was. "Actually....you're perhaps the last person to ask but I was quite fond of the lioness in that sanctuary. Would you....would you take me there again? There couldn't be too much harm to it and if nothing else it offers another way for you to be rid of me if things go wrong." She said, still smiling a little. She was hopeful gen would take herthough. She'd wanted to go back ever since the first time she went.

Hector smirked, "That is also a complicated answer." He chuckled, "Rowan seems to be curious and interested in everyone she meets. But Emery doesn't seem to care much for her. They end up in a back and forth a lot. Reminds me of my parents."

Emery glared at her, "She doesn't eat shadows, unfortunately." He started and then sighed, "Why should I take you there? That's for Diers only. We need animal contact, you don't."

Nicoli couldn't help the laugh that escaped him. "I enjoy getting to see that type of interaction." A mischievous grin crept across his lips. He loved his daughter, but he was still him. "I think that living situation could be good for both of them." He added.

Rowan smirked a little. She was trying to remember if Adam had said anything about Emery being a Dier. "You're a Dier?" She asked and the new shook her head a little. "Anyway, I may not be a Dier, but it was comforting. There was something about being there and being around her that was a comfort. I'd like to see her at least once more." SHe added.

Hector smirked, "I hope so." He frowned slightly, "Just so you know, Emery is a good guy, he is kind hearted and looked up to Eric a lot as a child. He takes things a little more serious then he should and he took Eric's dead hard. He blamed himself a lot but..... He also blamed you. He didn't know you, but after you left, your missions went to Jeremiah and then Eric. The mission Eric was on, when he was killed was to the darkness, a place only you have managed to lead a team into and return. There were a few fractures that had changed and Eric want going to be able to alter them just right. So, it wasn't your fault, but Emery blamed you for leaving, for having your family and the fact that... At the moment, everyone understands Eric had been brainwashed to help the rebels." Hector stated, but he know that Nicoli had always been thorough with his team, so he knew that Eric's wiring was not able to be crossed over. Hector know Nicoli would know that was impossible, which was why he mentioned it. That way Nicoli understood Eric wasn't the that everyone thought at the moment and wouldn't step in.

Emery sighed, "Do you even know what that means? It's obvious and I know several people have mentioned it, since we don't use magic the same way as everyone else." He rolled his eyes, "Worry about what you already have going on."

Nicoli closed his eyes, a quiet sigh escaping from him. "I understand." He opened his eyes again and looked to Hector. "I hope when his task is done and Eric can return to Emery that things can start to ending for him. I know how important Eric was...is to everyone. And I hope that maybe my daughter can help him to be a little less serious if she's near him more. I know that family and I know how strict they can be. I can't imagine it was easy for Emery to deal with everything alone." He said gently, and in understanding.

Rowan sighed, it was worth a shot, perhaps she could try another time to get into that place, but for now she had done what she needed. Eric was out and clear of the area. She moved to Emery and lightly bumped her shoulder against his. "Keep your friends close Emery, and be careful." Her tone was more serious now. She didn't want him hurt by a spy they hadn't rooted out yet. Then she smiled some. "And thanks again for saving me earlier." She added. Before waking away from him. She went up to her father's room first so she could meet with Eric if need be and learn what else was needed of her. She stopped on her way to grab him some food as well, remembering she was supposed to have gotten breakfast for them, and then went up to the room.

Hector smirked, "You should meet up with your daughter. I am sure she will be happy to have time with you."

Emery looked at her suspiciously for a moment, before rolling his eyes, brushing her off.

Hayden smirked when she spotted Rowan, "Hey." She called out, as she went to her. She looked confused, "You humans must eat a lot, huh? You know you can eat in the hall and go back for as much as you want, right?" She commented.

Nicoli smiled some and nodded. "Thank you Hector. He said, moving to leave, glancing around to see if Helena was still there or if she had already left.

Rowan came to a stop. She opened her mouth to answer but nothing came out at first, her cheeks turning pink. "Um...well you see...it's just...I know I can do that...now I do at least. M-my dad he's...he's not actually dead anymore and I though maybe he'd prefer to eat something in the quiet of his room." She said. Now she thought about it that might be good. Or perhaps he could eat with Helena too. She bad for lying to Hayden. She really did want to be friends with her, but the lying was necessary for now.

Helena was looking at a file in the hall, finding a chair outside one of the doors. She looked through it, a little confused. She thought of what she was reading and took a moment before she sighed, closing it.

Hayden smirked, "Really? Oh, well, you should probably go then. I was just letting you know Brandon was looking everywhere for Eric and said he understood you need time to morn your parents. So, if you wanted to, I could help you prepare them and he will deal with Eric for today." She reported

Nicoli can to a stop at Helena's right, staying slightly behind her as he looked over her shoulder. "Something important?" He asked her with a faint smile.

Rowan stopped at that. She would love Hayden's help with that and for her to teach her. She nodded slowly. "I would like that. Um, let me drop this stuff off first. What is the best way for me to find you or get in touch with you?" She asked quietly. She was afraid Hayden would offer to just come with her, if would make things a little more difficult.

Helena turned with a smirk, for a moment it was like it had been before, but she reminded herself of what has changed decades ago. She still smirked, "It's Azra's medical standing. She is healthy, obviously, but there is something strange." She looked confused, before opening the file to a page, showing him, "According to this, she had a child, but Kyle and Azra haven't had children to my knowledge."

Hayden looked at her, "Just come to the training room, from yesterday. I have the maze set up, pretty good, to attract Eric. But I'll just be there waiting for him."

Nicoli frowned deeply, moving so he could better see the file. "Was she pregnant when she left?" He asked. "Maybe Kyle is completely unaware of it." He suggested. That or she had the child with someone else while she was away.

Rowan nodded. "Alright. Thank you Hayden." She said before continuing up to her father's room. She let out a sigh, both in relief that Hayden wouldn't come with her and with relief that Hayden would be there to help her prepare her mother. As she reached her father's room she unlocked it and moved to go in. She would need to remember to ask Eric if there was a better way they could meet up...if he was even there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back