• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Two Worlds Collide

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Nicoli nodded, knowing better than to argue, this was how the mission worked. He looked to Eric and grabbed his arm, pulling him with him as he ran to get him away and to protect him.

Eric snapped his arm away from Nicoli just as the got in the tower, "That was against protocol."

Kevin looked to him, "Yeah, well, protocol is for novists."

Julia jumpe dthrough the doors as they were about to close, panting, "You know, snacks are very useful." she said as she shaked her arm teh skin sheded off and the wound was gone, an arrow got through her arm. "Did I even mention I love bening a Dier?"

Kevin sighed with relief going to her, hhe kille dher lips, "I hate you."

Julie smiled, "Only when you have to." she teased.

Nicoli smirked a little when he looked to them and then looked to Eric. He sighed some. "Protocol is important. But when you have a team you get used to working with you make your own ways that work too." He said.

Eric looked at him, "Well, your team is not listening to protocol which is best for the mission."

Nicoli sighed. "Eric listen to me carefully right now. There are situations where protocol is not the best. You need to follow it but in certain circumstances you need to act on instinct as well." He said, being completely serious.

Eric looked at him, "Instinct has a 52% chance of working and protocols are made as the best alternative." he pointed out.

Kevin sighed,, one arm around Julia as he looked at Nicoli, "Stubborn little kid, isn't he?"

Nicoli sighed but then smiled gently. "Eric over time you will learn what works best for you and your team." He says.

Eric looked at him like he was just being strange, but ignored it as a man came up to them, "The Earth Tower, correct?" the young man asked, he was just as old as Nicoli, maybe a little younger.

Nicoli looked to him, trying to remember what he had read on this man's file when he'd been prepping for the mission. He looked familiar. He nodded his head some, still staying wary of the man. "We are. And you are?" He asked. Being sure he'd placed himself with his team behind him and the man in front of him.

The man smiled, n"Roland, my uncle is the head of this Tower. he is out gathering some herbs. We are a little short handed, so i you will follow me, I will explain the request we gave to your Tower. A few other teams have arrived from your tower and all around." he motioned them to follow him.

Roland walked them to a large hall where there were groups of people grabbing and going through the weapons surrounding the hall. "We have been preparing for the worse, but obviously hoping for the best. The different groups are for the different options we have come up with to try and slow the enemy down. As I am sure Hector explained, your mission is vary on dangerous, but it is really a simple in and out thing. Outside the tower there is a building with a volt, we need something from inside there and sending a group of our own, would be silly for us, since our tower specializes in Science over all. Your tower has all the fighters, which is why we are asking you to take one of us with you to get what we need and return."

Nicoli nodded. He wasn't serious now and all business. He was running through scenarios, and deciding who he wanted to take and who he wanted to have stay or if he should take everyone. They were a small group but even in certain situations they were too many. "Give me some of the details. How far is the volt? How big is it? We'll need one of your men most familiar with field experience." He glanced back to his team. He wanted to keep Eric by his side. Ideally they'd keep the fighters with them but as a team unit they worked best together. Maybe he'd have some as look-outs.

Roland smirked, "It's a large volt, but things are rather sensitive there. You are going to Helena, she is a Dier, but she uses it for scientific purposes."

"Well, that is a waste?" Julia commented.

Kyle looked confused, "You can do that?" he questioned, more to Julia then Roland.

Julia sighed, nodding, "Of course, Dier's have animal powers enhanced, obviously, but it can be used for a lot of things. The list of enhancements go a long way. Most used Dier abilities like I do, for fighting and protecting. You rarely hear of a Dier that is also something so closed off, like a Science." Kyle nodded, understanding and taking in what she was saying.

Roland smirked, nodding, "Helena is unique in her own way, I'm sure she will fit your group perfectly. Her family actually comes from your tower...well, decades ago they were, she was born here."

Nicoli listened, nodding in understanding as he did. He smirked some. "I'm excited to meet her. It'll be good to see how she is with the group and he help will be needed and appreciated. Will she be able to help relatively quick? The sooner we can act the better though we don't want to be too hasty." He said. "Which family is she from?" He asked, unable to help the curiosity.

Roland smirked, "Actually she is Hector's niece, she is waiting for your group in her lab. It's been a wild mess, since they cut us off from the volt." he said as he lead the way. "It is actually my understanding that she was the one that was selected to go to your tower. Her betrothed would be of a lesser family there, but is supposed to be an impressive character."

Kyle smirked, as he walked beside Nicoli, "I wonder whose family she is marrying into." he teased, they all knew the cycle of marriage, it had been odd that Nicoli's family had never actually spoke about it, but they all knew, Nicoli was to marry into Hector's family.

Eric looked at him annoyed, "Didn't your family teach you anything. It's not like the cycle has changed." he snapped.

Nicoli smirked, blushing a little, which was typically uncharacteristic of him. "Yes I wondered." He muttered to Kyle. Knowing Eric wouldn't understand. The cycle when it came to his family was in an odd spot. He was excited to meet her though, he'd heard of Hector's niece a little but he didn't know much. His curiosity was piqued. "So about her betrothed of impressive character...?" Nicoli said with a mischievous grin as he sauntered up beside Roland. "What do you know of him?" He asked.

Roland shrugged, "Nothing really. He is a fighter like you, but in your tower, that is common, isn't it? Other then that, we know nothing about him. Other then she is finally going to met him. Hector sent for her in a secret telegram. I imagine she is excited, but she hasn't shown much excitement. It's an honor to know your betrothed before the wedding, I would think she would be happy." Eric was just confused, but the others smiled, knowing Roland had no idea, that the betrothed was Nicoli and they all knew it.

Nicoli smirked some. "Is that so?" He hadn't not known Hector had sent for Helena. But surely he would have know that it was possible he and Helena would meet at this tower. He glanced to Eric and winked a little. Eric may know but the less he said the better. If Roland didn't know then Helena may not know and for their mission it may be best for her not to know until it was over. He sighed some and looked ahead as they neared their destination. "Is there anything else we need to know before we head to the Volt?" He asked.

Roland nodded, "Yes. There are things there that protect the volt. As long as you stick with Helena, you will be fine, but you should not move further without her with you. They are traps to make sure no one that can use what is in there for terrible things." he sighed, "Here we are." he said, before knocking.

It wasn't long before the door cracked open and Helena's head poked out. She looked around and then at the group, before she say Nicoli. She looked him up and down carefully before she pulled her head back and closed the door. "Just a sec." she called out.

Roland smirked, "Like I said, she is unique."

Nicoli smiled some and nodded. "Is she shy?" He asked. He was genuinely curious. He'd met the Earth girl once and hoped to meet her again. But he did not know her well.

Roland chuckled, "No. There is nothing shy about Helena. She's kind of outspoken if you don't watch out." he pointed out before Helena stepped out, closing her door close to her.

Helena smirked, "It's a bit of a mess. But I'm ready to go now." she held her bag on her back and looked at them, she had a locket on her neck this time as she looked at them, "Okay, let's go."

Nicoli smiled. He didn't mind shy but outspoken could be a lot of fun. He stepped through first. "A mess just means it's well used." He said with a chuckle as he looked around.

Helena eyed him for a moment and then smirked, as she stepped towards him, "We should go. The volt can't open itself and maybe if you are as charming in the mission, I will show you how much of a mess." she teased before walking passed him.

Kyle grinned, "She might know who you are." he teased.

Julia smirked, "I like her."

Kevin chuckled, "Sounds like she is going to be lots of fun."

Nicoli chuckled. "She might. I do enjoy the prospect of how this may turn out." He teased as he stepped forward to follow. He was anxious to get this mission done but he also wanted to get to know Helena a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back