• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Two Worlds Collide

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"I...oh...I didn't know." She said, and she hadn't. She wasn't so sure how she felt about it though. She didn't mind Helena being her mother, she had tried to claim her after all. But she didn't want people to treat her differently because of it. "No one knew of it though until just recently right?" She asked.

Nicoli looked to her and then the sais. "You may have to remind me Iyana, how this game works. I am afraid I am a little rusty." He said.

Devon nodded, "No, but something like that gets spread fast, I woudl be surprised if other towers didn't already know." he stated.

Iyana smiled, "It's easy, you just have to stay alive." she said before she lounged to him, she was trying to hold back, but to have someone to play with was nice, she wasn't sure how long that would last.

Rowan sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. “Great...” she muttered. “Well, I’ll deal with that as it comes.” She said with a sigh.

Nicoli quickly dodged her and then came around again to block whatever attack she had coming. He knew realistically he could do very little. She was a cat and he was the mouse she played with.

Devon nodded, as he led her back to the library, "You know, it you need help, you do have a family here." he stated.

Iyana kept her attack and tried to keep her excitement relaxed, before she killed him, but it was becoming harder and harder the more they played.

"So I've been learning. But thank you, for the reminder." She said with a gentle smile.

Nicoli cursed quietly as he barely avoided attack after attack. He constantly reminded himself that she was letting him avoid her attacks. He forgot how unsettling her games could be. Even as one of the best, his skills against hers were no match, though he was a bit rusty, he still had considerable skill.

Devon nodded, as they exit the Keep, "We should start with the Guardian's role. It's not really something you have to worry about, but it's important to understand it better. What do you know about Hector's role in this tower?" he asked.

Iyana grinned, before her excitement could get the better of her she dropped her sais and lounged at Nicoli, pinning him down and seating on his stomach. She grinned, "I win again." she said, "Want to plan a new game?" she asked.

Rowan thought a couple minutes before answering. "I know he has to be familiar with all the sectors. He...I guess ultimately he is the protector of the tower, making the calls and decisions for which missions are carried out based on what is best for the tower and those in it." She hesitated a moment, trying to decide if there was a better way she could say it. But she realized she wasn't entirely sure.

Nicoli was panting, but he couldn't help smiling. "You stopped before you killed me. I am grateful for that." He said in amusement. "What kind of game did you have in mind?" He asked with a raised eyebrow as he looked up at her.

Devon smirked, "Almost, in a way, he actually masters each sector. He does make all the decisions and missions, and protects all in the tower, but he also has to be able to be aware of other towers. He has to understand the way that other towers work and how to lead them before he can be a Guardian. A Guardians job is to protect the tower and all that are inside, but it is also their job to protect all Shadows. If they find a way to help another tower or receive a request from another tower, they have to know what is best for their tower but also think about what is best for the other tower and those towers around it."

Iyana smirked, "I would never want to kill you." she stated before she sat up and grinned, "I think you will like this game. We might get in trouble though." she pointed out. But I think you will want to get in trouble for this game."

Rowan nodded in understanding and felt a new respect for Hector and Kyle* who was trying to learn. "Are all Guardians part of the Original Lines?" She asked curiously. Wondering how the Guardians had been chosen. "And is it always the daughter or son of a Guardian who takes over?"

Nicoli looked to her in curiosity, smirking a little. "What kind of game do you have in mind?" He asked with an amused smile. Sitting up now that he was able to. He doubted he'd say no, though he wasn't sure yet.

Devon smirked, "The main four towers are Original Lines, normally, the other towers are not. But if a Guardian doesn't have an Heir they can select anyone from their tower, but usually it is the first born."

Iyana smirked, "Let's find Helena. I know where she is and I would like you to find her." she grinned, "If you find her, I'll healer her." she offered.

Rowan nodded her understanding. "And there are only four Original families?" She asked. "What else should I know about the Guardians?"

NIcoli frowned little, looking to her in confusion. "Helena is on her way to the North Tower." He said, wondering what she knew that he didn't. He would jump at the chance for her to heal Helena. But as far as he knew, Helena didn't even know her aunt existed.

Devon nodded, "Only four, but they have extended lines, that still count as Original lines." he stated before he sighed, "Honestly, you should know, all members of a tower respect and honor their Guardian, they would die for them and you have to understand that is part of being a Shadow."

Iyana smirked, "No she isn't. Helena is in this tower, locked away and the password is one of the only things you don't know about her." she smiled, as she jumped to her feet, "Let's go find her, before she wakes up."

Rowan looked to him, but then after a moment nodded. "You're right, they would be like the royalty of my world. I understand though." She said. She would have to get used to the idea, but she didn't think it would be so hard to do.

Nicoli frowned again, surprised. "Wait, Iyana, I can't fully find her if I don't know the password." He said as he got to his feet. He mostly just wondered if that was going to be part of her game or if he just needed to find where she was locked away.

Devon nodded, "I wasn't kidding. One the topic, we should talk about other positions that are not effected but the Guardian. Starting with a Judge. There are only two sectors that are not under a Guardian, A Spy and a Judge. What do you know about Judges?"

Iyana smirked, "I will give you a clue, it is the one outfit you never saw her in." she giggled, "But you will." she added, "If you want to." she said, before she looked around, "Just look for a door you can't open in the place that she is most busy. No more clues, let's play."

Rowan thought for a moment on what Eric had told her when he told her about the other Judge besides Brendon who had come to the tower. "They are the ones who are...who help maintain peace and justice sort of right? Like if someone in this tower turned spy for... for whoever the opponent is, then the Judge is the one who catches them usually to deal out punishment...right?" She asked. She hadn't fully known other than it would be bad if they caught Eric.

Nicoli had been so focused on her clue about the dress as he followed her out of the room that it took him longer than it should have to find where she was. Her clue about that was easy, he knew where Helena was always busy and it was easy to end up at the lab. But he was more focused on her clue about the code and finally realized it ahd to have been her wedding dress. He stopped in front of the lab, but then realized the main lab wouldn't be it since others used it and instead went to her private lab. The one very few people knew about. He looked over to Iyana.

Devon looked at her confused, "Kind of, a Judge is a Moral Compass, so to speak, they know the laws and hunt down those that break them. They can punish them any way they like and they have to report that, but they can't be questions on it. They can even punish a Guardian, that is why they are trained to be more powerful then even a Guardian. Judges are like the law, they can change a law if they address it to their council, but they follow each law to the letter and not just laws, rules and when someone breaks a forbidden spell, they fall under a Judge to, they can be killed. But only Judge per crime, so if one Judge rules to let someone go, another can't change that without convincing the first of it. If they don't then the judgement stands."

Iyana smirked, nodding, "You found it, now how are we going to open it." she said and then smiled, "The only people that say her in the dress was your mother and....Jeremiah, but that was an accident." she giggled. Then she looked at the door waiting, "Now what?"

Rowan was quiet a long moment, but then nodded her understanding. She could only think of Helena and Eric. Both of whom she'd come to care for a great deal and both of whom were in a great deal of danger when it came to the rules they were breaking. "So, follow the rules and you should be okay." She said, trying to move along and keep her thoughts from drifting.

Nicoli shook his head a little, staring at the door. But his thoughts drifted to the wedding day he had robbed Helena of. The Wedding that she deserved and deserved with someone far better than him, and yet he wanted it to be with no one but himself. Selfish. Those were all incredibly selfish thoughts. He shook hsi head a little again and tried to think it over before looking to Iyana. What part about the dress is the code?" He asked.

Devon nodded, "That is the point. The last are the Spys, obviously. They are...well, Spys, they stay in the shadow and are good at that, good with weapons escape and hiding things." he stated and then added, "They answer to the Council of Spys, only. They are assigned a tower and can change towers in minutes. They had missions that the Guardians can send them on, but if they are already on a mission, which the Guardian would not know, then that mission might cause the Spy to become unavailable at times of the mission. It is dangerous and safe to have a Spy on a mission. It's a coin toss, but a Spy has a Guard, that would be their next of kin, but they don't have to be blood. The Guard is the most protected person in the tower. Guardians are careful with Guards, usually they try to pair their team with the Spy that has them as a Guard, so that the Spy can protect the Guard and the Guard is in no danger. Because if the Guard is in danger, the tower has to allow them anything they want to protect or find the Guard without planning or hesitation."

Iyana shrugged, "I never saw it. I saw her, I got in with my power." she smirked, "Maybe your mother will tell you or Jeremiah." she stated before she frowned, "But I don't think you can ask your mother. She is on her way here, if she finds you here she won't let us in." she stated. "Should I bring you Jeremiah?"

Rowan nodded her understanding, that was the one part she was starting to understand quite well, and she knew she really couldn't say anything about it. Though she would love to learn more. "Do you know how Spys usually choose their Guards? How...I mean what else is there to know about Spys and their Guards...if anything?" She half said and half asked. Eventually, if she ever had time, she would talk to Caleb about it, though she had gathered he didn't talk much.

He sighed. "Jeremiah won't tell me. I will see about asking my mother, but we should not be around here if she is on her way. It will be easier for me to try to get it from her I think." He said, looking to her in curiosity. Wondering if she would be willing to wait that long.

Devon smirked, "It kind of depends on the Spy, some choose them because of love, some choose them because of trust, usually though, since a Spy gives up their betrothed when they decided to be a Spy, it is some kind of Trust or deeper connection, theoretically. But to be honest, not really." he thought for a moment, "But there is something about Spys and Guards, a Spy never regrets their choice, it is actually thought that they use a spell to be sure when they select their Guard, but that as never been proven and it's not like we can ask them, it's hard enough to catch a Spy."

Iyana frowned, "But we don't know how long she will be in there with Helena." she pouted, she didn't want to wait, Hector could call her into action at any time. She sighed, "How about, we make him? I can make him and he wouldn't even remember." she suggested. "Are you sure he wouldn't just tell you?"

Rowan laughed a little. “So I’ve heard.” She said with a faint smile. She wondered if Caleb would tell her if she asked. “Okay, so what’s next?” She asked him.

Nicoli looked to her and sighed. “I will ask him. Don’t force him yet. But I will ask him first and we will see Okay?” He offered.

Devon smirked, "You seem to be taking this all in, maybe we should start with making sure you got it all, before we get to the positions under teh Guardian. Starting backwards. So, what do you know about Spys?'

Iyana looked at him, "And if he doesn't say, then I make him?" she asked excited, she wasn't allowed to torture, but with her power, she didn't need to torture, she could make anyone tell her whatever she wanted with a truth spell. Since she was so powerful, there was no one that could resist it, even though Warriors and Spys were trained to.

Rowan smiled a little and nodded. “Okay well the obvious, they’re spies. They answer only to the Council of Spys. They are great to have on missions but since their Guardian doesn’t know all of their missions they may be doing a couple at once. They can switch towers even after being assigned one. And they have a Guard who no one should do anything to ever. But if something happens then a Spy can do whatever it takes to protect their Guard. Often they go on missions together so they can protect their Guard as well.” She said.

Nicoli looked to her. “We’ll see. I don’t want to hurt him in anyway. He is one of the best of the Tower after all.” He said with a faint smirk. “Come on, let’s get out of this area so my mother doesn’t catch us and go find J.”

Devon smirked, nodding, "Okay, and a Judge?" he asked, he wanted to make sure she got all the information, and the Darkness was the most important.

Iyana nodded as she smiled, she took his hand and teleported them to the center of the tower, she smiled as she looked up at the tree, they landed on a branch where the branches started. She looked down and then up again, "Don't you just love this tree, it always catches you when you need it to."

Rowan thought a moment. “Okay, um, Judges are the moral compass, they are the ones who hunt down and punish those who break the law. They’re the only ones more powerful than a Guardian. They can punish in any way and another judge cannot change a ruling on someone who has a Judge assigned to them already. Uhm...they follow every law to a t and they can change laws if they address it to their council.” She said, looking to him uncertainly.

Nicoli chuckled a little. “Yes, I’ve always liked his tree as well. Though I can’t say I’ve landed in it like this before.” He said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back