• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Turning Up the Heat

JD grumbled but gave a small nod "Send flowers then...and tell Max, I dont want her thinking we just didnt show." He murmured not knowing Carmen had already taken care of that for the two of them.

Max nodded softly "Yeah that would probably be best. If you have any questions and want to see me about them I work at the flower shop down the street now." She said quietly before she sipped her drink

She frowned seeing he was getting out of breath just talking and gave his hand a squeeze. “Relax papí. I’ve already done it. Max says she completely understands and she’s gonna come up to see us in a few days. Jax has got some time off school. You rest. Leave it all up to me.” She murmured giving his hand a squeeze

Jeff nodded. “Thank you. I’m not gonna let you down max. That’s a promise.” He told her and finished his coffee then headed into work.

Max gave a small nod and watched him leave before letting a few tears fall from being so stressed. She wanted to believe him but she was honestly very hesitant to if he would be there for Jax or not.

JD nodded softly and took a deep breath before kissing her hand and laying back taking deep breaths to relax just as the doctor came in.

Jax was waiting by himself with his chins on his fists looking grumpy when max got there to pick him up later on, his teddy was by his feet and his backpack and he reached up for her when she got to him. “Mommy!” He whimpered bursting into tears and holding onto her tightly.

Carmen frowned some looking over st him. “So... what’s going on with him? Why can he still not breathe?” She asked worriedly.

Max was about 5 minutes later than usual but whem she saw Jax outside alone she began to worry. She quickly went over and held him tight to her "Sweetheart where is your teacher? Why are you out here alone?" She asked quietly

The doctor frowned giving a heavy sigh "It looks like a bit of smoke is still there in his lungs, we will have to do surgery to get it off, and there is scaring to them as well." He explained

Jax just held onto her tightly and pointed to where his teacher was just a little bit over to the side with a couple other kids who were still waiting. “She telling them off.” He managed to tell her through sobs then stopped talking to her at all and just held onto her burying her face into her hair.

Carmen frowned some and asked to see the test results. “With all due respect and I know I’m not a doctor but surely this isn’t just a little leftover smoke... he can hardly breathe.” She muttered. “How much would it be for the more extensive tests?” She asked him quickly. JD’s insurance wasn’t great but if they had to pay separately for it she would rather he was alive than to lose him over money.

Max frowned more and held onto him protectively looking at his teacher as she came back over to them "What happened?" She asked hoping the teacher knew

The doctor gave a sigh and nodded "His insurance will only cover about a third of it, there would still be a good chunk to pay off." He explained

She frowned more and held his hand tightly. “How much are we talking here though?” She asked him. “I understand you can only do what is covered but I would like to have my partner around longer than a few extra weeks” she told him, feeling her stomach drop when he said it could be anywhere from 10 - 20 grand.

She frowned some. “The boys coloured in marker on his teddy bear, however Jax responded by punching them both in the face... Jax however has apologised and he has written his apology out as well and understands what he did was wrong. The other two will face consequences.” She assured max and picked up Jaxs things passing them to her. “I got the marker out with some micellar water.” She assured her.

Max gave a small nod and thanked the teacher before she took Jaxon to the car kissing the side of his head repeatedly "Its okay baby I promise, teddy is okay now." She said softly as she tried to place him in his carseat.

The doctor gave a small sigh and handed her a quote for how much it exactly would be "Here, maybe you could gather funds from a gofundme or something like that." He said softly before leavimg her to some privacy

Carmen frowned and took the paper looking over at J frowning. “I’m not losing you over money.... you rest and I will sort this bit out okay?” She promised, kissing his cheek softly.

Jax started crying louder refusing to let go of her just wanting his mom right now and starting to panic when she was putting him down. “No I don’t want to!” He screamed.

Max frowned and did her best to get him calmed "Baby I'm right here, its okay I promise." She murmured as he started screaming "Here look, Iron Man, and your blanket." She murmured placing his weighted blanket on him trying to soothe him the best she could

JD frowned taking a deep breath "I have a savings....it'll help a bit...about 5 grand." He whispered feeling his energy levels fall more

Jax just continued sobbing and held onto his mom tightly still just not wanting to be put down at all. It wasn’t like his normal meltdowns. He was just inconsolable and wanted to be held.

“Shh... we can talk about it more okay? Get some rest papí.” She murmured gently and kissed his cheek sitting with him until he was asleep and she got up, going to call the station he’d been working at for the whole time he’d been there. “Hi, this is Carmen, yeah, Jorge’s girl... listen I need to speak to the chief about some fundraising... thank you.” She told the receptionist and spoke with his chief about what fundraising could be done so they could help JD get better, thanking him for his help then went to sit with him again, holding his hand and not liking how much effort he was having to put into breathing while he was asleep.

Max got into the car and closed the door before she leant over the center consol and turned on the car so they could have the air going before she sat back and pulled him into her arms "Shhh Mommy's right here baby, I'm right here." She cooed

Jared, the chief of his department, went out to the guys on shift and sighed heavily "Fundraiser time boys! Starts throwing out ideas, we need to get about 10 grand up or near it for JD....look boys I'm gonna be honest, chances are slimming for him so whatever we can make for his girl and their kid we're gonna understand?"

Carmen curled up in the chair rubbing her baby bump and watching JD carefully until she heard a voice and looked over seeing his parents coming into the room, standing up and went over hugging his mom tightly while she filled them in on what had happened.

Jax eventually calmed down enough to be put into his car seat and held his teddy and iron man close while they drove home, heading inside with her to go get some snacks and watch cartoons.

Max sat with him and held him close to her as they got home feeling exhausted from today's events "Mommy loves you so much Jaxon." She whispered to him giving a soft smile as he clung to his iron man and his teddy bear who was now dressed like Iron Man as well so that he could be super strong.

Carla frowned softly and hugged Carmen before looking at her son "How much will it be?" She asked quietly

“Is grandma gonna be there tomorrow?” He asked her quietly cuddling into her egen more.

Carmen frowned and showed them the quote of $17,000 “I think if I sell my place, we can live in his house” she mumbled and sighed heavily watching him carefully.

Max nodded softly "Yes she will be there for us sweetheart." She murmured running her fingers through his hair soothingly

Carla frowned more shaking her head softly "You know he wants to go back, I would talk with him about it. We have a bit put back in savings that we can help with." She murmured giving her husband a small nod

Carmen frowned some shaking her head a bit. “For money. I can sell my place and make enough of a profit to pay my mortgage off and raise enough money.” She mumbled frowning at JD. “I’m not losing him.” She said quietly and took his hand in hers tightly.

“Nuh unh. She gonna be hanging out with me cause I’m her favourite.” He giggled and looked up at her with a cheeky smile

Max gasped some and looked at him "What?! Oh well we will just have to see about that." She said tickling his sides smiling wider as she heard his laughter ring throuhh her ears

Carla frowned softly but gave a small nod "If this is what you wish to do then alright, but we will be here every step of the way if you need anything." She explained giving her hand a small squeeze.

Jax squealed and giggled trying to tickle her back while he held onto her tightly.

Carmen thanked her quietly and just watched JD carefully. She was worrying about him and it wasn’t going to help anyone so she moved to lay in the bed carefully and let herself drift off to sleep curled close to him.

Max laughed and giggled holding onto him tightly kissing all over his face "Oh I love you my precious boy, more than anything in this world." She cooed

-2 weeks-
Carmen sat down by JD’s side writing the cheque out to the hospital and giving his hand a squeeze. They’d managed to determine that it was a result of the smoke inhalation but that it had damaged his lungs beyond complete and full repair. He would still be able to go back to work but not yet anyway and strictly amended duties for the moment. “You ready to go home baby?” She asked him smiling tiredly.

Jax jumped up and down on his moms bed while she packed suitcases and just plopped down eventually with his teddy. “Mommy we gonna go to Disney world?” He asked for the hundredth time just assuming that’s where people went on holiday

JD nodded softly giving a smile to her "Yes I am so ready to be home." He murmured letting his hand run up her thigh giving a small smirk "We could have some us time."

Max laughed softly and shook her head some "No no, we are going to see Auntie Carmen and Uncle JD remember?" She said kissing his cheek gently

She gently moved his hand off and frowned shaking her head “don’t he silly. I wanna get you home and have you stay home. Not end up with you back in hospital.” She mumbled and kissed his cheek handing. The papers back over then took him to the car to drive him home.

Jax smiled and jumped up and down some more. “Mommy can we go now?” He asked giggling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back