• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial By Fire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Though maybe I could try and build on Rivers frightening performance using terrifying battle Shriek. Might not be able to scare it away. But maybe could make it hesitate.

If I flurry and am able to hit it with a kiai then, however minor, then it suffers a a penalty to resist the intimidation.

I have a question for the group. When you come to a part of the adventure where you come across the cache of artifacts, would you prefer me to give you the Merit points to pick them out yourself, or would you like me to select various items to have in the arsenal for you to find?

That would depend. If anyone have plans of writing up their own artifacts with Evocations and all, then that's always fun. Especially for someone like Bard who could make a combat-violin to be a style weapon for his MA or something in that direction. Otherwise i'd not mind if there was a panoply to choose from, but i don't have as much of a stake in this as my fighting style revolves mostly around not having opposable thumbs.

I have a question for the group. When you come to a part of the adventure where you come across the cache of artifacts, would you prefer me to give you the Merit points to pick them out yourself, or would you like me to select various items to have in the arsenal for you to find?
I think I would like the surprise of seeing what you come up with.

Dont get me wrong though. An artifact theorbo to jam with would be awesome, or any instrument I could use for the MA Style. Some flamboyant silken armor would be swell.

But I'm also not against the idea of rolling the dice and finding new connections where I hadnt thought of before. Like a bamboo wrackstaff with holes in it that plays notes as its slung around. Or a reticulated armor set that jingles musically as it moves.

I can make anything work! And can have fun with anything.

Oof, seems a few of us are having a hard time getting through that soak. This is where an artifact weapon could be nice with that overwhelming stat.

Oof, seems a few of us are having a hard time getting through that soak. This is where an artifact weapon could be nice with that overwhelming stat.
I hit at least. So hopefully when it's the kraken turn we might see things turn in our favor.

If we cant fight it fairly. Then we can play dirty :3

HumanPlus HumanPlus No onslaught penalties for smaller opponents attacking Legendary Size :(

Artifacts are a weird one for Maja, since I have and plan to buy more of the Lunar "I am the artifact" Charms like Deadly Beastman Transformation that make most actual artifacts worse or redundant. I do like the Charms for socketing hearthstones in your skin, and I could use utility artifacts.

That does give us a chance to explore more artifacts than just weapons.

I technically have an artifact weapon. Just cant use it yet.

Nice. 25 dice. So... Dex 5 + Melee 5 + Accuracy 4 + Specialty 1 + Dex Ex 5 + Wasp Sting Blur 3 + Stunt 2?

Then 5 net hits + 7 sword damage + 3 str = 15 - 15 soak = 0, Overwhelming 1?

Did I miss something on the damage roll?

We need to hit the damn thing for 25+ damage to ever be allowed to crash it. I think I can get to 25 damage.

Unrelated, but me and a group of people from the Exalted creatives discord are working on a fan supplement that focuses on sorcery, thaumaturgy, cults and other mystical stuff. I'm on the art and the ideas team.
We're currently brainstorming Celestial and Solar circle spells and are a little slumped on ideas.

Thought i'd ask you guys if there is something you feel like is missing from big cool spell effects in the game.

Hey, Sherwood Sherwood , does this thing have armoured chitin plates or something as part of its soak? I'm reading the Piercing tag and realizing it says I can only use it to bypass a few points of armoured soak, and so presumably not natural soak. I'm guessing this thing only has natural soak, and so its hide can't be pierced?

This is an encounter I set up to be able to take on a boatload of Exalts, so yes, it has only natural soak.

Alas. I still might be able to get to 10 post-soak damage, but it will be trickier without being able to negate some of that soak.

I clearly have not been offering suitable libations to the dice gods. One hit on ten dice. Then again, as displeased as they are they can't have been too deeply offended. Exactly the 8 hits I needed on 24 dice.

Hopefully my base withering damage of 19 will help me get a bit of hurt through. More importantly, since I'm legendary size i get to apply an onslaught penalty to the octopus so you guys have an easier time getting decisive hits through next turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back