• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial by Fire - Exalted 2e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Just a quick reminder for everyone: From page 123 of the Core book, if an action enhanced by a stunt succeeds, the character receives a number of motes of Essence equal to twice the stunt's rating. For two- or three-dice stunts, the player may choose to have the character receive a point of Willpower instead.

Most of the time, you can award yourselves a 1 die Stunt so long as you give me some kind of description beyond the 'I stab him'. For 2 dice Stunts, those I'll award myself, but you can request it from me if you think you did a good job. 3 dice Stunts will be few and far between, but will be determined by group input. If everyone is in agreement that you just rocked their world, you get the bonus.

Fair enough?
Yup.

Pretty much the distinction if taking it by the book is that 1-dot stunts are better than D&D "I attack" descriptions, where 2-die stunts have to be more cinematic and take advantage of the environment or surroundings / circumstances.

Thief of Words Thief of Words Absolutely loved Fei's inebriated-stupor response after Viktor leap up and started to verbally accost her! I was laughing as she narrowed down his accent, starting with "slave-trading monsters" and "outdated militants," working down to druggies, and eventually ending up at Lookshy. After that awkward introduction, I'm sooo looking forward to whatever strange rivalry/friendship that hopefully blossoms between them. :)

Thief of Words Thief of Words Absolutely loved Fei's inebriated-stupor response after Viktor leap up and started to verbally accost her! I was laughing as she narrowed down his accent, starting with "slave-trading monsters" and "outdated militants," working down to druggies, and eventually ending up at Lookshy. After that awkward introduction, I'm sooo looking forward to whatever strange rivalry/friendship that hopefully blossoms between them. :)
To be fair, Lookshy was the outdated militants. She's a Dynast. To her mind, Lookshy failed to accept the reality of the Shogunate's dissolution and are trying to pretend the contagion and the Crusade never happened. They're better than literally any other Threshold option for being Dragon-blooded led and set on protecting Creation. They're still basically an oversized version of the Bundy Militia with an actual budget to her mind.

To be fair, Lookshy was the outdated militants. She's a Dynast. To her mind, Lookshy failed to accept the reality of the Shogunate's dissolution and are trying to pretend the contagion and the Crusade never happened. They're better than literally any other Threshold option for being Dragon-blooded led and set on protecting Creation. They're still basically an oversized version of the Bundy Militia with an actual budget to her mind.
Okay, I think I follow you. So if the Realm and Lookshy were represented as 3rd graders playing in the sandbox (and the other Threshold nations were 2nd graders), Feihan would see Lookshy as the kid who draws a line in one corner and says everything behind it is theirs (regardless of the 2nd graders protesting the land-grab). Then when the Realm (via Scarlet Empress seizing Imperial Manse) presents verifiable logic as to why they can't do that, Lookshy just says 'whatever' and keeps doing as they were. But Lookshy's actions are tolerated (as long as they don't extend their line in the sand further) because ultimately they help the Realm reliably secure the sandbox against the jealous 4th graders eying it across the field. Am I sorta on the right track for her perceptions?

Okay, I think I follow you. So if the Realm and Lookshy were represented as 3rd graders playing in the sandbox (and the other Threshold nations were 2nd graders), Feihan would see Lookshy as the kid who draws a line in one corner and says everything behind it is theirs (regardless of the 2nd graders protesting the land-grab). Then when the Realm (via Scarlet Empress seizing Imperial Manse) presents verifiable logic as to why they can't do that, Lookshy just says 'whatever' and keeps doing as they were. But Lookshy's actions are tolerated (as long as they don't extend their line in the sand further) because ultimately they help the Realm reliably secure the sandbox against the jealous 4th graders eying it across the field. Am I sorta on the right track for her perceptions?
Except instead of 4th Graders, they're murderous child molesters and the other threshold nations are more kindergarteners being manipulated to sell drugs and worship heathen idols.

Except instead of 4th Graders, they're murderous child molesters and the other threshold nations are more kindergarteners being manipulated to sell drugs and worship heathen idols.
Oh my, that's a horrifying thought!! Yes, I am most definitely going to enjoy RPs between Viktor and Feihan.

Thanks for the reminder, I actually didn't realize that she didn't know she was a Solar. I must've missed it when reading the character sheet. I'll make sure Viktor's RP matches accordingly.

Oh, no. The others think she knows. She just...yeah. Reread my first story post or two. She misunderstood what happened.

Oh, no. The others think she knows. She just...yeah. Reread my first story post or two. She misunderstood what happened.
Gotcha, now I've filled in the blanks. I don't know how I missed it before, the post detailing her fight and subsequent exaltation was a really fun read. Darn that bestial "horse-anathema" and the cavalrymen it tricked! ;)

Oh, damnit, Kwops Kwops . I'm not sure there's an adequate response, given the circumstances, that doesn't involve rolling for Join Battle on Fei's part.

That's not even accounting for the way he's responding as if she said a single thing to him or a thing to which "No and no" in that way is an appropriate or relevant response.

I think he was responding to Darian? I could be wrong.

Just poorly described if so. He looks straight at Fei and speaks at her to someone else?

Anyway, apologies in advance.

Last edited:
I am wondering, I have enough xp points to be able to raise my Stealth from 2 to 3. I was hoping to be able to save it up for some more Charms, but I can splurge to get the extra die for our sneak session. Should I go ahead and spend them?

Thank you! I was hoping someone would notice. The new signature, not that I am no help, that is.

Any chance yall can trim the sails a smidge? I had responses to Viktor I'd wanted to make...and just...again, the pace here is making me super uncertain on my ability to keep up enough to not get frustrated with the game and have to bow out down the line.

Edit for clarification: I'm limited due to 9- 5 M-F. Weekdays can only post during 30 min lunches or 5:45 to 11ish.

Bit worried that this is second time I've had to ask to pump the brakes, given that I'm going to be out of contact and the country for the whole second week of July.

Last edited:
I will try to slow my replies down a bit, especially over the weekends to give you a chance to get comments in for Fei. You still can talk to another player, just preface your post with 'Earlier in the Tea House' or something like that.

It's not weekends that need slowing, it's weekdays...I just can't usually get more than a single or double round of posts in unless it happens from 6-11pm EST when it's a school night.

Plus, that wasn't even mainly aimed at you, Sherwood. It was aimed at the other players.

Might be me being difficult, but I really cant. Context changes as the scene goes on, so it no longer works.

Sorry I didn't post at all last night, y'all. The water-stopper valve connected to my toilet wore out yesterday and started leaking, so my evening was consumed with using every trick in the book to remove and replace all the archaic components. Haha, too bad I couldn't just use a few of Viktor's crafting charms to fix it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back