• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial by Fire - Exalted 2e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
If you're looking for a sorcerous society that's Solar-ok, try the Silent Thunders Lodge of Great Forks. It means you owe an older Lunar an Obligation per circle he initiated you into, but it's someone who wouldn't scream Anathema and go running to the Wyld Hunt.

It's also run in terrorist-like cell structure. Not inherently terroristic by activity, mind. Just in organizational structure.

Alternately, unless your goal with it is the social aspect of it, you could always have self-initiated via one of several books or through the Salinan Working.

To clarify: my character still has Wyld Hunt and Immaculate contacts because no one knows what she is...including her. She only just Exalted, and as far as she is aware, it was as a Terrestrial.

...she was also three-sheets-to-the-wind drunk at the time. And for much of the following three days.

Sure. Wasn't quite sure what you wanted to go for.

Something more liable to involve Larceny instead of War for playing it (if going mechanically). I.e: a game of chance, not skill.

Your choice; I changed the post to say you picked out either a dice or card game. I'm flexible.

I'm thinking Darian ( Psychie Psychie ) could have these witnesses in the bag just with memory meddling. We can frame the bribers with both the murder and obstruction of justice, "out bribe" them, and call it a day. How would you guys want to approach it?

But that would leave us without the fun of breaking this guy out of the prison. :hornswhistle:

Just kidding. I can live with that, especially with the Wyld Hunt on our heels. I have the feeling that if we take too long getting out of town, we'll have Dragon-Blooded up to our armpits after us.

Agreed z.z and there is something to be said for getting this guy out without bounty on his head, though I am a big fan of a good ol fashion Solar Larceny prison break.

I have to admit, I'm planning on having fun with this game for a while; this story section is just one small part.

I too am interested in a long game, just let us know if/when you need planning breaks. I understand the struggle.

EDIT: Particularly with the massive bulk that is 2E

I would like to start by apologizing for posting in your OOC thread, as I realize I am not a player in the game and am guessing that it probably goes against the normal procedures. I would have sent a PM to Sherwood, but having just created an account on this site it won't let me yet (for some reason there are requirements to be met first).

Here is my 2 minute spiel:

I am an avid Exalted 2E and 2.5 player and GM, and have not been able to play in the past couple years. Usually I just can't find games online that are active, and after college I had to leave behind most of the people I ran games for. As such, I started looking over your game today out of curiosity and really feel like you've caught lightning in a bottle. The group you've assembled seems to play off each other well, and the story (though not much has been revealed yet) sounds like it has a fun hook with lots of promise moving forward.

I realize that having added a fifth member, you've rounded out the circle and have no immediate need for a sixth. That being said, I would be really interested in playing with y'all, and felt that it can't hurt to ask. I read at the intro that you plan this as a Solar story, but with the circle completed I would be open to playing something else as the story required if that provided an opportunity to join. With a story based in Chiaroscuro, it would be possible to slip in as a young Lunar on a beginning mission set by Tamuz that requires no artifacts or shiny objects (thus meeting your requirement for no world-shaking objects).

Additionally, if there is no room currently but an expectation it could open later as the story progresses, then I would be willing to wait in the wings and keep reading the story until you add me in. If ultimately there is no chance of joining, then I will accept it and refrain from posting here again (and probably keep reading anyways because I'm excited to see where the story goes). I would just be remiss if I did not at least make the request to join.

Thanks for your consideration!

- MasterDAF

MasterDAF MasterDAF , first, let me say 'thank you' for your interest, and I don't mind you posting in the OOC thread to get in touch with me. While it is true that I had a fifth person show an interest, he hasn't posted anything on his sheet placeholder in days. At this point, I don't know what has happened to him, especially since he's vanished in another game of mine, too.

I am hesitant to allow a Lunar into the mix, but another Solar could work. If you were willing to do that instead of the shapeshifter, I could open up a spot for you in the game. Let me know what you think.

Sherwood Sherwood , that sounds good to me! I can take over the Twilight role for the circle if you'd like, I'm looking through the errata to refamiliarize myself with sorcery and crafting tonight.

Sherwood Sherwood , that sounds good to me! I can take over the Twilight role for the circle if you'd like, I'm looking through the errata to refamiliarize myself with sorcery and crafting tonight.
I like it. Having a good sorcerer on the team is something the group currently lacks.

Sherwood Sherwood Excuse me. I was wondering if I could get the questions for the CS so I could copy paste it.

I am new to the rp forums and I don't like choosing my fate for myself so I have come here. I know the basics about the rp forums and the unspoken rules.

I like a game chosen by fate, not myself.

Sherwood Sherwood I'm really sorry for how long it's taking me to put together a character. I think I have everything worked out except for Charms/Spells, which I can still likely finish soon. I do have one question: assuming I take the appropriate Mentor merit, would it be possible for him to have been initiated into Emerald-Circle sorcery by a Gold-faction Sidereal?

I admit, I'm looking forward to the point when both sub-groups of the Circle realize they have no clue how to reunite or find the others that wouldn't be disastrously unwise.

Sherwood Sherwood I'm really sorry for how long it's taking me to put together a character. I think I have everything worked out except for Charms/Spells, which I can still likely finish soon. I do have one question: assuming I take the appropriate Mentor merit, would it be possible for him to have been initiated into Emerald-Circle sorcery by a Gold-faction Sidereal?

Take points in Backing: Cult of the Illuminated and adjust the backstory to fit, and it shouldn't be a problem (I'd imagine).

Take points in Backing: Cult of the Illuminated and adjust the backstory to fit, and it shouldn't be a problem (I'd imagine).
You are correct that this would be the simplest way to get a Sidereal in your background, besides the one that has warned you to run from the Wyld Hunt.

Ok, my character is finished. What would be the best way to introduce him into the story?

Sherwood Sherwood I have completed my character sheet, and attached it for review. Since Kwops completed their sorcerer character, I adjusted mine to be a little less sorcery focused and put more emphasis on the crafting part of the Twilight caste. Does this look alright, or should I make further adjustments? Thanks!

Attachments

• Victor Zeiss - Solar Exalt Online Character Sheet.pdf
    162.6 KB · Views: 3
Sherwood Sherwood I have completed my character sheet, and attached it for review. Since Kwops completed their sorcerer character, I adjusted mine to be a little less sorcery focused and put more emphasis on the crafting part of the Twilight caste. Does this look alright, or should I make further adjustments? Thanks!
Character looks good at first glance. Give me a bit, and I'll come up with a intro for the two new characters. I've been busy all weekend, and things are still running a bit crazy in Real Life for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back