• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial by Fire - Exalted 2e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Yeah, I've just been real busy for the past few days. I promise that I have not forgotten about everyone here.

Just got through spending my whole day trading in my car for a newer model z.z took a long time but worth it in the long run.

Hope you enjoy your new ride. I am just holding on the rest of my action to know the DV of the shark-thingie.

Initial parry of 7, apply onslaught normally. Which should start at 0 I think, otherwise it would count Tiger's attack as onslaught, I don't remember the order off hand.

I'm getting ready to head to a tabletop game here shortly, but I'll have a post up later on tonight with the results of my attacks.

Sorry, my computer didn't show me the other ~7 or 8 posts after Darian called out a warning of claws approaching, so I didn't realize she had been struck with an arrow till now. As my anima has been flairing, I would like to use my Twilight anima ability:
Solar Exalted of the Twilight Caste may perceive Essence through their anima, allowing them to hone their senses for magic. By spending five motes, a Twilight may add (Essence) automatic successes on any (Intelligence + Occult) roll to identify a Charm or to analyze it with Essence sight, and on any (Perception + Awareness) roll made to notice a magical effect or Charm. In addition, this supernatural perception easily pierces through deception, adding a +3 bonus to the Solar’s Dodge MDV against unnatural Illusions. These effects come into play automatically once the Solar spends 11+ motes of Peripheral Essence.
to make a Perception roll to better view the shadow opponent in the room with us. Would the opponent's situation apply (the shadow concealment being a magical effect or Charm)?

Sorry, my computer didn't show me the other ~7 or 8 posts after Darian called out a warning of claws approaching, so I didn't realize she had been struck with an arrow till now. As my anima has been flairing, I would like to use my Twilight anima ability:
Solar Exalted of the Twilight Caste may perceive Essence through their anima, allowing them to hone their senses for magic. By spending five motes, a Twilight may add (Essence) automatic successes on any (Intelligence + Occult) roll to identify a Charm or to analyze it with Essence sight, and on any (Perception + Awareness) roll made to notice a magical effect or Charm. In addition, this supernatural perception easily pierces through deception, adding a +3 bonus to the Solar’s Dodge MDV against unnatural Illusions. These effects come into play automatically once the Solar spends 11+ motes of Peripheral Essence.
to make a Perception roll to better view the shadow opponent in the room with us. Would the opponent's situation apply (the shadow concealment being a magical effect or Charm)?
You can go ahead and make the roll. It is a magical effect concealing your target.

I need to get into the habit of regularly tagging people to make sure you are all getting alerts.

Esbilon got me in the habit of periodically checking watched threads for things that I miss. It does help every now and then.

Also FWIW, not trying to walk over MasterDAF MasterDAF I just see the character wanting to finish this guy asap after he dealt what for most could have been a killing blow to Darian.

Edit: really unlucky on these attack rolls so far.

Last edited:
Yes, it is a Dodge Charm, instant duration, so you have the rest of your attacks to go.

Gonna have to have Victor work on a grand daiklave at this rate, unlucky attack rolls and high soaks is the worst.

Remind me how attacking works? I can send about 5 shots their way. Question, can I add Essence Arrow Attack to Trance of Unhesitating Speed's attacks?

As long as you're only using one simple type charm at a time, you should be fine. Supplemental and reflexive are fair game usually.

Remind me how attacking works? I can send about 5 shots their way. Question, can I add Essence Arrow Attack to Trance of Unhesitating Speed's attacks?
It is Dex + Ability (be it Archery or Thrown) + Specialty + Weapon Accuracy (if any).

Shoot, how do you roll the dice now? I can't seem to get the option to appear.

Once a post is made, you can go back in and edit it. Down at the bottom of the post comes four options, one being 'Throw Dice'. Once you hit that, you can pick the number of dice to throw and the faces, and you can add a note at the top for what it's for. The die rolls cannot be deleted, so it makes things very fair to keep people from rolling a dozen times until they see the result they want and going with that.

I appreciate it. Don't mean to be a bother, I apologise for this xD should I roll all of the attacks now, and damage after, or would you like to post, mister storyteller, sir?

You have a target making a run for it. If you have a Charm or Attack that can reach him, go ahead and make a IC post with some good fluff in it for a Stunt Bonus, then post and go back in to edit and throw your to hit dice. At the moment, your target has a Dodge DV of 7, barring any use of Charms or Stunts of their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back