• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial by Fire - Exalted 2e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Rykon Rykon Sherwood Sherwood Here we go! I have put together a list of possible advantages/disadvantages, and the components that would be required if such a device were created. I'm not going to bother hashing out the costs of this artifact, as it is obviously at the top of the list and would have to be rating 5. It is just too unique and too powerful to be anything lesser. As such, I present for your approval (and for Rykon's enjoyment as we continue to tool around with this idea), the Infinity Chamber.

INFINITY CHAMBER (Artifact 5)
- Must be built within a Celestial-aspected manse
- Counts as a 1-point Manse Power (powered by a dedicated energy node, mechanically similar to an Essence vent)

- It appears as a massive standing tube (roughly 8-10 feet tall) situated inside a room stock-full of blueprints and other Wyld-inspired designs. The chamber tube is alight with a soft gold-blue glow as the Unshaped Fae shifts about in every conceivable manner within the confined space. The top and bottom panels encasing the tube are each circular in shape, and bridge the gap between the ends of the chamber and its seams with the ceiling and floor. Essence-powered control panels along the wall blink different colors to provide information concerning the status of the Raksha within and how much power is being diverted to the chamber. Three thick and wide Moonsilver bands wrap around the tube, one near the top, one near the bottom, and one in the center. These bands are embedded with square glyphs made of White Jade, and the magic embedded in the three bands works in conjunction to both stabilize the Wyld inside the chamber while simultaneously reinforcing the strength of Creation's reality outside of it. When the hearthstone owner enters through the singular door they can seal the room and then reach a hand towards the chamber, causing focused Wyld-chaos to materialize like condensation around the three Moonsilver belts and float over to the hearthstone carrier so that they may begin to work it as they desire.

Abilities:
- The hearthstone bearer may use Wyld-Shaping Technique and Wyld-Cauldron Technology while in the same room as the Infinity Chamber, but only for the purposes of crafting 'Magical Things' and 'People'. Additionally, the number of people that can be created/affected at one time are limited to the Exalt's (Essence/2), making it almost useless for the purpose of quick military build-ups.
- If using the chamber for shaping Wyld-energy into artifacts, the Exalt is treated as working with an Ideal Workshop (+4 dice) and can choose a new workshop specialty (example: +1 sword-smithing, +1 silk-weaving, etc.) each time they begin a new project.
- All rolls are treated as though the Exalt is in the Deep Wyld while drawing chaos from the captive Unshaped.

Drawbacks:
- The Exalt cannot create 'Demense', 'Land', or 'Wealth' using Wyld-Shaping Technique or Wyld-Cauldron Technology within the Infinity Chamber room.
- Anytime a mortal looks into the chamber and sees the Unshaped, they must immediately roll (Willpower) at difficulty 1 or suffer a Wyld-derangement as the infinity of the Raksha awakens a Wyld-borne madness within them.
- The Infinity Chamber requires regular maintenance (such as checking to make sure power supplies are secure and no damage has been dealt to the chamber). For every five times the Unshaped's energies are drawn forth, the chamber requires a simple (Intelligence + Craft[Fire]) roll at difficulty 1 representing a week of preventive checks being performed.
- There are only a few ways to risk a containment failure and release the encased Raksha:
---> While it was purposefully crafted without an override release switch, to prevent sabotage from freeing the captive Fae, direct attacks to the chamber can damage it and eventually release the horror within. The chamber is forged of magically reinforced magical materials; as such, it is impervious to most mundane forms of attack. Assume a hardness and soak rating of 25L/25B against any attack that is not backed by Essence (or an artifact). Against non-mundane attacks the chamber possesses no hardness and a soak of 15L/15B, and 25 health levels. Any damage to the chamber immediately ends any ongoing use of the Wyld-energies, and requires a successful repair roll (difficulty 1) before it can be used again. Add +1 to the repair difficulty for every 5 levels of damage it has taken. When the final health level is depleted the chamber shatters, violently flooding the manse with Wyld-chaos and treating the entire inside of the structure as though it were inside the Deep Wyld. Everyone inside the manse is hit with a one-time undodgeable attack of 15B as the wave of Wyld-energy rushes past and knocks them aside.
---> If the manse suffers power-loss and this deprives the Infinity Chamber of Essence, the chamber is equipped to sustain containment (though it cannot be used) for up to five additional hours from the time of power-loss, and returns to normal if it is reenergized within the five hour grace period. If after five hours power has not been restored, the chamber's preventive wards fail and the Unshaped Raksha is able to begin attacking the chamber from the inside. It should need no longer than half-an-hour to shatter the chamber by itself.
---> If the manse of the Cold Iron Bauble hearthstone is destroyed and the hearthstone becomes inert, the chamber goes dark and the Unshaped Raksha can no longer be compelled to provide the Wyld-chaos required to aid in charm usage. After an additional week of not being tortured, the Raksha will realize the source of its pain is no longer available to its tormentors and will begin fighting to escape from its cage. The wards will hold for much longer than if power-loss were occurring, but after a week of prolonged assault the Raksha will prove too powerful to contain and the chamber will shatter.

Components:
(5n) Blessing bestowed by anti-Wyld or Luna-allied spirit/god
(5n) Unmake Fae Noble using Ghost-Eating Technique (in front of captive Unshaped Raksha) to instill fear
(5n) Blood of the crafter (8L unsoakable health lvls)
(5n) Cold Iron Bauble (2-dot Earth hearthstone)
(5c) Physical chamber pieces (housing tube and wards)
----> (4n) Lantern of pure flames from the Elemental Pole of Fire
----> (4n) Wyld Seed
----> (4c) Essence-reinforced Housing Tube
---------> (3n) Reality-stabilizing enchantments
---------> (3c) Blessed White/gold Adamant paneling
--------------> (2n) Gold sacrifice equal to resources 2
--------------> (2c) Extra-durable Adamant panels
-------------------> (1c) Benediction of Earth strength increase
---------> (3c) Tube-to-manse essence connectors
--------------> (2c) Socket for hearthstone
-------------------> (1c) Fist-sized chunk of White Jade
--------------> (2c) Essence wiring
-------------------> (1c) Trace amount of Orichalcum
----> (4c) Magical Material Wards
---------> (3n) Wyld-stabilizing wards
---------> (3c) Moonsilver bindings
--------------> (2n) Sacrifice a Fair Folk to Luna
--------------> (2c) Shaped Moonsilver with indents for glyphs
-------------------> (1c) Lunar blood+essence (1L health lvl, 20m)
---------> (3c) White Jade glyphs
--------------> (2n) Blessing from Earth elemental
--------------> (2c) Rare glyph molds
-------------------> (1c) Earth-Aspect Terrestrial blood+essence (1L health lvl, 20m)

Last edited:
It's like a non-portable hand of the great maker with some altered limits to its function. I like it. Perhaps we could one day fully kill said Raksha to extract a proto-shinmaic vortex, or be fucking lucky enough to snag one ourselves. A wyld shaper with the hand + vortex is at the cusp of N/A level power. Crafting the vortex is one of the most dangerous acts in the game though.

Haha, its funny that you say that. I always like finding ways to incorporate issues/problems/drawbacks in the artifacts I dream up, and I actually took inspiration from the PSV while doing this. I've always thought the idea of it breaking and creating a 1-mile area of (Deep or Pure?) Wyld-zone to be both scary, and really interesting! I would totally be up for making something like this, assuming Sherwood is okay with it, though at 250 successes required it would take quite a while to create it (and that's after creating/finding all the components required)!

Luckily, if I was to try and build it, it wouldn't be anytime soon. So by the time I'd feel set to do it, I'd most likely have another spell or two (perhaps Summon 2nd Circle Demon) to bring forward some more help for crafting it. Add to that some more allies we will have met, more resources to draw upon (hopefully), and Denandsor in my grasp (super hopefully), and I feel pretty confidant I'd be able to complete the whole task within one year's time (in game).

That is quite the undertaking you have in mind. I'll have to look over your write-up more carefully, and ponder the potential game effects to see if I'll allow this in.

I'm neck deep in research at the moment and drawing a blank on what little I've been told about Denandsor, but I do want to get some big cities back into the fold for sure. Gonna take quite a while to consolidate a territorial hold from Gwynnin to Rathess though. Probably longer to pull Denandsor into the fold.

That is quite the undertaking you have in mind. I'll have to look over your write-up more carefully, and ponder the potential game effects to see if I'll allow this in.
Okeydoke!

Also, I accidently deleted my Legend for the components. For each of the number-letter combos in parentheses, the number represents what artifact level the component is for, while the letter represents (n) natural or (c) crafted. That was just my way of differentiating between components to gather and components to be made in-house.

Durke angrily looks at the Lunar. "What're ya' doin'?! We're all sittin' ducks in this bubble!" Durke whips his head about, looking for a different possible landing spot. "Lets land 'fore we go callin' the lizards to us!"

Hi LowRollLyfe LowRollLyfe . Just thought I'd let you know, the bubble had in fact landed when Sirocco activated her anima.

Hi LowRollLyfe LowRollLyfe . Just thought I'd let you know, the bubble had in fact landed when Sirocco activated her anima.
Sherwood Sherwood Actually, I think in the excitement, we might be jumping the gun here. Since mentioning the Pteroks flying about the tower, Sherwood hasn't posted again yet. For all we know he intends for us to get attacked before landing. I don't know, but I think we should hold up until he informs us whether we need to hop back to being in the air, or if we could actually land.

We might not be moving slow enough but it is also possible we are moving slow enough. For all we know, they could have magics at their disposal that they can use on us. We also don't know if there are other defenses on Rathess that might affect us when we land. What we do know is our gm made us roll a perception check as we approached the Southen tower for a reason. If they were just decoration, there would be no need to possibly mistaken them for birds. The gm needs to be given the ability to respond to our actions.

I'll have an IC post up later on, hopefully today. I have had a busy past few days.

Looks like I'll need to pick up dragontongue and foresttongue asap... What happens after linguistics 5 for learning more languages?

Looks like I'll need to pick up dragontongue and foresttongue asap... What happens after linguistics 5 for learning more languages?
Hmmm, good question. I never considered that, but now I'm kinda curious too. Maybe we pick them up as specialties?

Any advice on possible things for me to spend my exp on?

Any advice on possible things for me to spend my exp on?
We could really use someone with Medicine. No one in the circle has any dots in it, and I think the NPC we know of that has it is not present (and not a Solar).

Other than that, there's this charm from Debris of Fallen Races p.14 (the book with Dragon King Martial Arts and this Sidebar).
1536319321369.png
I'd need to get some time to build out a full recommended charm list for you. Any particular direction you're looking to improve in specifically?

Besides building up my magical abilities, I...dunno. I'm still new to all this, and didn't exactly take the time to look at every available option.

I'll just go over your favored abilities and highlight some options then, as well as a few more spells, though I think I already posted more or less everything I'd personally recommend learning for sorcery.

It occurs to me that I had not accounted for Dragon Kings in the legislature arrangements for the empire.

Think there would be an issue giving them their own deliberative house and spectator seats for the the other two with a celestial spectator of their own? (Ie. Normal mortals do not sit in on DK or Exalted councils, but the other two communicate with all 3)

Or better yet... perhaps just some seats in the house of divinity and the role of ambassadors to yu shan.

Jeez, wish someone had mentioned me. I legitimately thought things had gone dark here, and I wasn't getting any notifications.

It seems to happen every now and then. I'll make sure to start tagging people on occasion to make sure you are getting notifications on posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back