• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial by Fire - Exalted 2e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Psychie Psychie here is an opportunity for you to buy off your Limitation of Blindness. If you choose to do so, you have two options. First is to use any banked Xp you may have to purchase the flaw away. Second, we replace your current flaw with new ones that equal the value of the one you are removing. What do you want to do?

At the moment, I only have 5 xp banked up. In order to completely replace the Flaw, I'd need to pick up something new for that last point.

At the moment, I only have 5 xp banked up. In order to completely replace the Flaw, I'd need to pick up something new for that last point.
Sherwood Sherwood Would it be possible for Psychie to spend all 5 now, and then the final one the next time we get more xp? Her blindness could transition to a half-blindness penalty (RP that her sight is slow to return), until the final point is paid and it returns completely? That way she'd have the option for a complete buy-off of the flaw via xp (assuming that's what she wants)?

There is a two point Flaw of Poor Sight that I can have until such time as I have all the needed xp for this. Like I am attuning myself to the new eyes, and need some time to get used to the new senses.

That works. Darian will have some trouble with her eyesight until the last points are paid off.

1) Should I make a repair roll to represent the final tune up of the Indomitable Conquest Platform?

2) Also, would it be alright if I buy:
- 1 dot in Craft(Air), costing 3 xp
- 1 dot in Craft(Magitech), costing 3 xp
- 1 dot in Sail, costing 3 xp

The Craft dots would represent interacting with the First Age vehicle and remembering working with such materials (to justify meeting the min. requirement for gaining a point in Magitech, which I feel I would need to make such repairs). The Sail dot would occur (if/when) he first begins to pilot the ship, as another product of his First Age predecessor. He has a dot in Ride, as he has some experience from Lookshy testing small flying craft for crafting purposes, and I'd like him to gain one in Sail so that he can also properly pilot larger vessels.

Sherwood Sherwood

Last edited:
Looks like that sail charm list may one day see use after all... one day...

That may lead us into some genre blending though if we start getting into naval adventure, but would be a fun way to hit up Metagalapa much later on.

Looks like that sail charm list may one day see use after all... one day...

That may lead us into some genre blending though if we start getting into naval adventure, but would be a fun way to hit up Metagalapa much later on.
I have nothing against naval travel or combat, but won't be sad if we don't do much of it. I mainly just want Sail because someone will need it for the purpose of flying a large vehicle, especially if we are expanding the empire across the East. As a crafter, I'm fine with doing the flying as it means I'll be on hand should a need for repairs emerge.

I have nothing against naval travel or combat, but won't be sad if we don't do much of it. I mainly just want Sail because someone will need it for the purpose of flying a large vehicle, especially if we are expanding the empire across the East. As a crafter, I'm fine with doing the flying as it means I'll be on hand should a need for repairs emerge.
Likewise, I may take some token dots for navigation, but unless there's appetite for it, I think it'd be best not to try and force too much importance on it and derail the course of the game. Up until there's little left to invest XP in, which isn't anytime soon.

Likewise, I may take some token dots for navigation, but unless there's appetite for it, I think it'd be best not to try and force too much importance on it and derail the course of the game. Up until there's little left to invest XP in, which isn't anytime soon.
Haha, true! We are definitely not at the point where xp can get thrown around without worry of future needs. :) And while I'm not looking to force importance upon it, I do think it would be inappropriate for us to get away with making use of such flying vehicles if we (or an ally we gain, I suppose) don't meet the requirements for piloting them. I worry that such acts could take away the significance of choosing where to place xp points within the diverse pool of abilities provided if we can avoid certain abilities while still gaining their benefit.

That's actually the same reason I am taking a second point of Craft(Air), even though I have no immediate plans to make much use of it outside of First-Age tech (though who knows, maybe I could develop some more cool jewelry moving forward). I want to place points in Craft(Magitech) as we progress, and must have at least a 4 Craft(Fire) and 2 Craft(Air) to get it.

I definitely agree with you that the focus for our game does not seem to fall much on the travel process, and doing so could potentially derail our current course, so travel should mostly remain as a cut-scene or short vignette to RP upon while moving between separate locations. But as our empire grows we are going to need to have additional forms of transport both for our close allies and ourselves in situations where we must separate to take care of a task. Having the points will also allow Viktor to teach other subordinate characters how to fly ships, so that they can do it for us (or in addition to us).

I won't lie though, I like the idea of Aredin trying to move past the fact that he never had the chance to learn to sail from his father, and instead dredging it from his memories. Just like a kind of last rite of passage for his old family anyways.

Toward the end of the reign of peace though, it will probably be time to bulk up on Sail for Aredin to pilot an aerial warship. Again though, probably would be part of the last legs of the campaign, if we survive that long.

I'll bet that could make for some really compelling RP, that moment of taking the wheel of a ship in his hand and mastering a storm or something. I'd definitely be interested in getting to see Aredin have the opportunity to make such progress (in terms of overcoming his horrible past/loss of family).

If it's alright with everyone, I'd like for Heaven to stick around back at the tower with Annika. He could probably be a bit helpful with the interrogation.

Your prisoner can hear the conversation between all of you, and as Heaven approaches her, her eyes widen in fear. She shakes her head back and forth, "No! Don't do it! He will know! He will know and will punish me, not only for my failure but for betraying Him! Please! I beg of you, just kill me quick and end my pain now."

O.O If that's not juicy, I don't know what is...so curious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back