• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Trial By Fire - Exalted 2e IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Kuridin locks his eyes upon his targets before him as he feels rage welling up within him coming seemingly out of the ether after seeing his brothers beloved injured. "You've chosen quite poorly to lay any point of harm upon a member of my family. Now you'll see true pain before you vanish from this existence!" His essence began to envelop his entire being like a spiraling tower of black flame. It condensed into a solid ball of darkness before him. "Now vanish!" He drew his Daiklave and poured essence into the blade as it sliced through the concentrated orb. It erupts towards the demon, the unfortunate abyssal, and both of the Dragon-Blooded scattered among the battlefield. All of the unrestrained essence surged with the intent of snuffing their lives out permanently, leaving Kuridin's ally's unharmed

Using the following charms:
Hungry Tiger Technique, Sun-Sword Concentration, Thunderbolt Attack Prana, One Weapon, Two Blows, Peony Blossom Attack w/Grass Cutting Strike, Enemy Castigating Solar Judgement, and Spirit Cutting Attack.

Expending 18m 3w
16 successes on attack roll +1 from two use
17 total successes

Last edited:
The Abyssal seems to flow like blood around your blows, evading them completely.

Dragon Blood 1 gets hit for 10 successes. His soak is just 5 lethal.

Dragon Blood 2 gets hit for 9 successes. His soak is 4 lethal.

The demon, on the other hand, gets hit with 6 extra successes. His soak is 7 Agg.

Go ahead and roll damage.

Last edited:
The all enveloping void of Kuridin's attack covers the battlefield quickly, harmlessly flowing past his allys and consuming his foes in the dark flame.
Rolling damage from Hellbreaker on dragon blooded 1, 2, and Octavian

Dragon Blooded 1: 47 successes
Dragon Blooded 2:
Octavian:

Last edited:
With the savage attack made by Kuridin, all that remains on the field is the Abyssal, and he is looking at the assembled Circle with visible fear in his eyes.

Psychie Psychie and jaydude jaydude are up before the Abyssal wets himself

5 - [Ragnar], [Sirocco]
6 - [Aredin], [Kuridin]
7 - Darian, Annika, Abyssal <====
8 -
9 - Sirocco
10 - Aredin
11 - Ragnar, Kuridin
12 -

Annika would wince as the mass of black flame hurtled towards her, but she felt nothing as she was enveloped by it. By the time it had cleared away, she, her allies and the Abyssal were the only ones still standing on the destroyed battleship.

"What do you say? You sure you want to keep fighting us?" she asked with a grin, raising one of her Daiklaves and pointing it at the Abyssal.

Darian swirls around and adds her glare to Annika's grin. "You must know that there is no way you can defeat us. If you surrender now, we may spare your life. Your choice."

The Abyssal looks at the assembled Circle with despair. "it would seem that my options are limited. Surrender or death." He seems to ponder for a moment, then he smiles. "Instead, I choose . . . escape." He then touches the cape at his throat and wraps it around himself, and vanishes in a sparkle of Essence!

Darian looks and listens around quickly, just in case the Abyssal is still there, but is just invisible.

14 successes f

Seeing the Abyssal quite literally vanish from their sight, Annika gave a snarl of annoyance. "Not again..." she muttered, thinking of Mellar all those months ago.

Darian does not hear him. It would appear that he has genuinely vanished.

"Damnit! I don't hear him anywhere! I think he's really gone. Too bad. I was looking forward to interrogating him."

Aredin pants heavily and falls to a knee, having expended most of his reserves of essence. "Godsdammit! Get to the Titan! I can't fuel the globe anymore, I'm out of power." The lord seems haggard more than in pain. While concerns for his wife's injuries weigh heavy on him, the still present danger weighs heavier still.

Hearing that, Annika would run over to Aredin and kneel besides him. "Give me the Globe. I'll take us there." she said, before shouting to Sirocco and the other Solars, "Everyone! Get over here!"

As Aredin hands the globe to Annika he looks to Darian and then the rest of the circle. "Are you alright? Are all of you alright? I fear our fight here is not yet done."

As Darian shrinks back down and resumes her human form, she does so with a wince of pain. "I think that demon with the hammer broke a rib or two when she hit me. Nothing that will slow me down too much, and it will heal quickly thanks to my Exalted nature."

"No need to worry about me. No-one even had time to attack me." said Annika.

Sirocco's anguish at having been denied her prey is barely contained, as she looks around to see, with eyes that can reveal the unseeable.

Activating Cat's Eye

After resheathing his own daiklaive, Kuridin pops his neck from one side to the other, "I've got at least one more of those in me before I'm done, better make sure everything we need dead is present if I'm to do it again." He said with ice in his voice.

At the Kings inquiry, Ragnar replied,"Aye, the only wound of note I have recieved is that of one to my pride." And indeed, the circle wielded such great power, but he of the Dawn could not even lay a scratch on his foe. That is something he would have to remedy. Clearly he needed to work even harder.

But while his pride of himself was bruised, he did feel a swelling of pride at how readily they dispatched their enemies. Truly a reflection of the Sun's glory.

( Sherwood Sherwood If the Atlas of The Unconquered General was still active...)

From his shoulder, Ragnar would again bring the small artifact to bear. If this Abyssal was still on the island, then the Atlas would reveal him unless he was concealing himself with magic. Which might be the case... but if he only teleported, then there could be a chance.

As everyone is scrambling for the tunnel into the mountain, Ragnar is looking for signs on his Atlas for the Abyssal. Given its range of only two miles, you are not seeing any signs of him; it would seem that his teleport was off of the mountain completely.

When the Globe of Transport sets down at the entrance of the tunnel, things are pretty much the same as when you last left; the Ants are digging away happily, and the two bodies are still lying there where they were dispatched.

What do you do now?

Aredin let out a deep sigh at the loss of their foe. "I'm getting rather sick of these evil little gits scurrying about our world." He then turned to the circle and tried directing their efforts to keep everyone focused on bringing this mission to a close.

Neopilot Neopilot
"Brother, you've hunted your share of scum in your days. What can you tell us of those Crystals over there and the villains we've fought thus far?"

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws jaydude jaydude
"Sirocco and Annika, are you two comfortable taking a peak around the cavern to see what is exposed and get more information on the status of our objective?"

D. Rex D. Rex
"Ragnar, there are still Dragon-Blooded left. I want you keep track of what's happening with your artifact. We may also need to back up Sirocco and Annika."

Psychie Psychie
Aredin stepped over to Darian and tried to see how her injury was. From his sleeve he pulled a small flask of medicated wine he kept stashed for situations like this. "Darling, this is for pain. It's a low concentration, so take as much as you need. We may need to fight again depending on how the settlers react to our animas."

Giving Aredin a nod, Annika would follow Sirocco into the tunnels while channeling what remained of her Essence.

(Activating Easily Overlooked Presence Method for 3m)
Health:
-0: 00
-1: 000
-2: 0000
-4: 0
Incapacitated

Willpower: 4/5
Personal Essence: 9/17
Peripheral Essence: 21/42

Users who are viewing this thread

Back