• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Trial By Fire - Exalted 2e IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Neopilot Neopilot
When you go to examine the two crystals that were dropped by the first Abyssal, you can tell that these are old data storage devices that were used back during the height of the First Age. You will need some sort of data reader in order to know what information is on them.

jaydude jaydude and Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws
Heading into the tunnel that has been carved into the rock by the Mercury Ants, it is very dark except for the glow of your anima banners lighting the way. The Ants continue to dig and haul out loads of rock, ignoring you as they head in and out of the passage unless you disturb them. After a short trip into the depths of the mountain, you do indeed come across a large wall of jade that makes the Mercury Ants split their digging to go to either side. If Darian's vision/memory of a flying city is true, it is indeed big.

Watching the Ants as they work, it seems that the bulk of them are digging to your left, and have extended the passage out of sight in that direction.

D. Rex D. Rex
Looking at the Atlas, you can see that there is a group of Exalts forming up near the remains of the destroyed airship, with five others gathering together farther up the mountain. It is not clear on the Atlas what they are doing.

Rykon Rykon and Psychie Psychie
What are the two of you doing at this time?

In terms of actions, Aredin is trying to rest and recover motes to be ready for the next conflict and make sure Darian and the rest are taken care of.

While he is recovering, he is also on the lookout for any signs of trouble, but his senses are nothing compared to the others.

Darian settles down and tries to take a deep breath, then quickly changes her mind as the pain of her ribs flashes through her chest. Giving her husband a smile, she says, "Why is it that in all of our encounters with Abyssals, I'm the one getting hurt? First the arrow that nearly killed me, now a few cracked ribs. We need to stop this trend!" She lets out a small laugh as she takes a drink of the medicated wine that Aredin gave her.

Closing her eyes, Darian now focuses on expanding her hearing to give her as much advanced warning as possible for any sign of trouble that might be approaching. As she listens, she tries to put her mind at ease and recover any Essence that she can while the opportunity presents itself.

Sirocco turns right at the Jade wall. She wasn't much for following the majority.

She hasn't spoken much,and it is clear from her demeanor that she is very angered. Mostly at herself. Partly for the Abyssal escaping. She needed something to punch.

Seeing Sirocco heading right, Annika would head left, trusting in her Charm to avoid being spotted by the Mercury Ants currently digging there.

"My lord, my lady. Looks the dragon blooded are on the move. Some are gathering around our handiwork at the ship. But there are five more gathering farther up the mountain. I do not know what they are planning, but perhaps we should intercept and see to it that they arent going to do anything they would regret."

"Darian and I will need to address them then. I need you and my brother to go with us in case they are hostile." Aredin holds the globe out in his palm towards Ragnar, "Remember, I'm out of power to fuel this thing. You'll have to direct us up there. Let's head to the ones at the top first."

During the approach, Aredin will be maintaining defend other on Darian with his Daiklave sheathed at his side.

Ragnar nodded and took the globe in hand. He poured his essence into it, as he had watched Aredin do in the past. He willed it to their destination with them in tow. The dragon blooded on the mountain. Ragnar would steer the globe to meet them directly. However he was expecting hostility, and was readied against such stupidity, just in case.

Willpower: 10/8
Essence 5
Personal: 25/13
Peripheral: 34/0

Health Levels
-0: [X]
-1: (5) [/] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-2: (8) [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] - [ ] [ ] [ ]
-4: [ ]
I : [ ]

Darian looks to the others and says, "It is my hope that this does not end in bloodshed. These people may just be trying to protect their own, after having several Exalts have a pitched battle in their midst. Just keep that in mind."
Health Levels
-0 [X]
-1 [X][X][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]
Dying [ ][ ]

Soak: 1L/2B - +5L/+5B from Infinite Resplendence Amulet, up to +5L/+10B from Pearlescent Filigree Defense (One Scene), +4A/+8L+8B from Iron Kettle Body (One Scene), +4A/+8L/+8B from Iron Skin Concentration (Instant)

20L/27B/4A

Willpower: 8 / 3

Essence: 5
Personal: 23 / 8
Peripheral: 53 (39) / 3
Committed: 14

Dodge DV: 7
Parry DV with War Fans: 8 (11)
Parry DV with Chain Daiklave: 8 (11)

Dodge MDV: 5

Join Battle: 7

Weapons and Armor
Chain Daiklave: Speed 5, Accuracy +1 (+6), Damage 5L/2O (+10L), Defense +3 (+8), Rate 3
Exceptional War Fans: Speed 4, Accuracy +3 (+8), Damage +3L (+8L), Defense +3 (+8), Rate 2 - Enhanced with a Fire benediction
Sash (Seven-Section Staff): Speed 5, Accuracy -2 (+3), Damage 7B (+12B), Defense +3 (+8), Rate 2

Clinch: Speed 6, Accuracy +0, Damage 0B, Defense +0, Rate 1
Kick: Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Damage +3B, Defense -2, Rate 2
Punch: Speed 5, Accuracy +1, Damage 0B, Defense +2, Rate 3

"I shall try to be gentle.... but I can make no such promises should they try to press their advantage against it." He responded.

Inside the cave, following the line of Mercury Ants to the left, Annika spots that the elementals have come across some kind of structure in the rock that sticks out from the massive wall of jade that they are busy working on clearing the rock away from. It looks like a wide balcony. If so, this may be the a door into the structure.

Sirocco's exploration to the right shows that there are only a few of the Ants that are continuing to work, taking large chunks of rock out of the passage and heading to dump them off the edge of the mountain.

Towards the top of the mountain, Ragnar, Aredin, Darian and Kuridin come in and see that the five Dragon Bloods are inside a rock structure, one that is quite large with heavy duty walls. From outside, you do not see where they are or what they are doing.

Aredin, wishing not to start yet another bloody conflict, looks to Ragnar and Kuridin giving them nods to prepare for the worst. He cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted to ensure they heard his call. "Ho there, good people of the mountain. We didn't come to start trouble, alas it seems the agents of a Deathlord have sought to twist the minds and bodies of people here to his own purposes. We've dealt with them and would like to make sure everyone is alright. Can you come out to talk?"

Annika would move towards the balcony-like structure, taking care to avoid touching any of the Mercury Ants.

Aredin, wishing not to start yet another bloody conflict, looks to Ragnar and Kuridin giving them nods to prepare for the worst. He cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted to ensure they heard his call. "Ho there, good people of the mountain. We didn't come to start trouble, alas it seems the agents of a Deathlord have sought to twist the minds and bodies of people here to his own purposes. We've dealt with them and would like to make sure everyone is alright. Can you come out to talk?"
Darian's exceptional hearing can pick up can hear several voices suddenly having a quiet argument.
"Its them! They are here to kill us!"
"I told you that dealing with grounders is a mistake!
"They only attacked the Deathlord's forces; not anyone else. Maybe we can talk to them."
"If that is the case, why are you up here, struggling to get into that armor?"
"This is ridiculous! I will step out and talk to them, the rest of you keep getting ready to fight just in case. I'll buy you as much time as I can."

Then, from inside, you hear a loud voice call, "I'm coming out!" The speaker is a man with long brown hair, halfway in a suit of jade plate armor with a Wrackstaff in his hands. He looks uncertain as he steps forward, shutting the door behind him most of the way. Planting the butt of the staff in the ground, he marshals his courage in the face of four very powerful Solars and says, "I have seen you tear into the merchant ship and the Exalts that were on it. Are you now here to do the same to the rest of us?"
Annika would move towards the balcony-like structure, taking care to avoid touching any of the Mercury Ants.
So long as you don't mess with the Ants, they pay you little attention, being focused on their work of clearing the balcony of the rock that blocks the door. It looks like something that you would see on the tower of a castle, suitable for a king to stand and lord over his subjects. The door behind the platform is a large double door, but it is not some flimsy glass structure or else it would have shattered under the pressure of the rock long ago. This actually is some kind of clear metal, letting light through the door but still providing a sizable amount of protection to the structure.

Still trying to avoid the ants, Annika would try and see what was behind the door.

"No, things are as I said. We came on our intelligence that a deathlord was operating here and we could not afford to allow him to achieve his objective." Aredin stepped forward slowly and reached his hand to him to offer a handshake. "I am Aredin Lentier, King of Gwynnin and Rathess, I would like to parley in peace. We don't want anyone else to fall prey to the twisted corruption of Walker in Darkness."

Still trying to avoid the ants, Annika would try and see what was behind the door.
Pressing your face against the glass, you can barely see a large room that looks like a sewing parlor, complete with fancy furniture and artwork on the walls. It is hard to see much else, because the light you have does not go far into the room.
"No, things are as I said. We came on our intelligence that a deathlord was operating here and we could not afford to allow him to achieve his objective." Aredin stepped forward slowly and reached his hand to him to offer a handshake. "I am Aredin Lentier, King of Gwynnin and Rathess, I would like to parley in peace. We don't want anyone else to fall prey to the twisted corruption of Walker in Darkness."
The man before you ponders his response as he listens to Aredin. "I have not heard of either this Gwynnin or Rathess, but that is no real surprise. I don't get out much." He cracks a slight smile as he tries to break the tension with a small joke. "You say you wish peace, but we had no hostile interactions with the people from Walker in Darkness before you came here. Not to give offense, but how can I trust your word that you are the ones in the right, and not just the aggressors here?"

Darian steps forward to be next to Aredin. "You are right. We did make the attack against the Deathlord's people. But it was not unprovoked. We have learned that while the Exalts were here, they were doing something to manipulate the people here, using their own Essence to twist the minds of the Exalts that they came across, planning on taking over the entire mountain in time. We are champions of the Sun, working to keep all of Creation safe from the blight that such beings represent. We mean you no harm. Can you please listen to our words of peace with an open mind?"

The Dragon Blood looks at Darian and Aredin, and shrugs. "I am here, and so far, you have not killed me yet. So I will listen to what you have to say. But I must ask, what proof do you have that these people were trying to manipulate us? You speak sweet words, but how do I know you are not just making up tales to try and justify your aggression?"

Ragnar chuckled. He likes this one. "Death is in their name, and they consort with demons and bring creatures of unnatural taint twisted together of corpses."

"And have they told you yet what it is that they are seeking? And what it would mean should they acquire it."

Pressing your face against the glass, you can barely see a large room that looks like a sewing parlor, complete with fancy furniture and artwork on the walls. It is hard to see much else, because the light you have does not go far into the room.

Taking a deep breath, Annika would look for a handle on the door, and then attempt to open and step through it.

Taking a deep breath, Annika would look for a handle on the door, and then attempt to open and step through it.
There is a bit of resistance, as if the door hasn't been opened for a very long time. Then finally, with a hiss of equalizing air pressure, the door cracks open. With a bit of effort, you can push the door open enough to be able to squeeze inside.

You get the feeling that you are the first person to walk in here in ages, but there is no layer of dust on the floor or any other signs of age in the room.

Ragnar chuckled. He likes this one. "Death is in their name, and they consort with demons and bring creatures of unnatural taint twisted together of corpses."

"And have they told you yet what it is that they are seeking? And what it would mean should they acquire it."
"Death may be in their name, but their coin spends well enough, and we have seen no signs of demons before today." The Exalt before you looks over at Ragnar with curiosity. "We have only have had basic trade with them, because apparently their master has a taste for our wine."

Ragnar nodded, pulling from inside his armor a small pouch and a rustic looking pipe carved from a reddish root and engraved with symbols of the north. "Such is the nature of gold. If nothing else is neutral. That always will be."

With a pinky that barely fit, he cleaned out the inside of the pipe and began packing it with a sweet smelling tobacco from the pouch. A small action to show that he wasnt intending aggression. And to show he wasnt actively guarding himself against it. A small sign of giving trust.

"That is for the best. Though one of your friends was not so lucky. Was hooked by them."

After the pipe was full, he dug out two small stones from the pouch, and rubbed them between thumb and forefinger to release a shower of sparks into the dry tobacco. Slowly getting it to light. Taking a few puffs to make sure it would stay.

"And I have heard of the taste of your wine. Such a luxurious commodity would be wasted on me. Where I come from, the alcohol was too bitter, our brewer was nigh worthless and it did little more than keep us warm. Sadly it ruined my taste for such drinks."

"However, they weren't here for trade. Unless you were willing to trade your entire island."

Ragnar offered the pipe to the dragon blooded as a friendly gesture.

"Judging from who they are allied with, and the value they placed on it, and what they have done recently to the world... one city has already been wiped from the face of Creation. They would not have taken no for an answer."

Aredin, still glowing tremendously from his anima, turns to Ragnar. "He doesn't want words, he's asking us to produce physical evidence. Evidence he clearly knows we can't produce."

With a grin the king offers his counter gambit, pointing to the mark of the Eclipse. "If you were willing to tolerate the lowest sum on this earth then I take it the tales of Anathema are lost on you. My power allows me to bind oaths with the penalty being a horrendous curse. I can bind myself to speak honestly about what we heard of their intentions. If you still aren't satisfied, I guess you could declare war on us and try and kick us out."

Aredin shrugged, still grinning. "I mean, we went to all this effort to talk and all that. I suppose this Deathlord must have really been concerned for your livelihood. If you really want to pick a fight for his sake after his agents ensorcelled Duncan and plotted to murder Blythe I suppose I can't blame you. He sounds like such a nice man. Why I'm sure the hundred corpse beast he left here was only to feed candy to the children and treat your sick. The artifact he sought to take from you? Ah, that's just charity to take junk off your hands right?"

Aredin's gentle tone and smile vanished, as he began to rebuke him. "Seriously? You really had to ask who was evil? Wake the hell up. Do you not realize what is at stake? The scarlet bitch just toasted his neighbor, Mask of Winters. He sends Exalted here to barter for artifacts. Did you ever stop and consider why? You ever stop to consider if this mountain that just happens to float has some sort of secret behind it? One an old ghost like Walker in Darkness might have intimate knowledge of? Sheesh, its cause you bumbling dimwits were about to hand him keys to a first age weapon that we had to show up here in the first place."

Aredin finished venting after the insult the man had thrown at the circle. "Well? You want the details under oath or not? You can inspect the wreckage and verify the scenes for yourself when we're done here." Aredin gave a look as if his patience for negotiations was wearing thin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back