• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Trapped in a (magic) video game

Interested?

• Yes!

Votes: 19 100.0%
  • Nah.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
An idea I've been mulling over recently.

Take the basic premise of Sword Art Online and other "trapped in a video game" stories, combine elements of:
  • The Matrix (trapped in a virtual world, get woke, learn to manipulate the virtual world to save the real world)
  • Ender's Game (tricked into a battle simulator but it turns out to be a real battle)
  • Homestuck (the video game is magic and everyone is gay)
And then bludgeon gently massage the setting until it is 90% fantasy genre.

Or, to put this a little more narratively...

There is an old, shitty MMO that is going out of business. As a last hurrah, the developer has created one final event before the server shuts down for good in two months. It's a stupidly difficult, buggy, game-breaking raid boss. Honestly, players are just throwing themselves at this boss for shits and giggles, and to get sweet karma by posting funny glitches to Reddit.

A few people have won, though! As their prize, the developer is emailing these players a letter of appreciation, and a $500 Visa gift card that they can redeem just by clicking this totally-not-suspicious link in their email that definitely is not glitched in such a way that it resembles a summoning seal.

Turns out being dragged across dimensions is itchy as fuck.

Fantasy - Luxerna: NG+ OOC

Last edited:
I'm heckin down tho like let's light up this joint. Hell yeah.

I turned away for twenty minutes to make a doctor's appointment and I come back to this many people already???

I thought I wasn't cool anymore!

I turned away for twenty minutes to make a doctor's appointment and I come back to this many people already???

I thought I wasn't cool anymore!
Don't get too excited. We all know how the retention rate is low from interest to three posts into a roleplay.

bethesda's new marketing strategy
k so like

my RP is also going to have dragons

and the edge of the world will be a wall of icebergs

and there's MULTIPLE volcanoes

but your characters will have the ability to double jump

and also technically from the POV of your characters, y'all are playing the game twice

k so like

and also technically from the POV of your characters, y'all are playing the game twice
WHAT? Actual physical barriers instead of invisible walls full of disappointment of what could have been? I'm out.....

k so like

"Wait I have to SERIOUSLY play this game?..... WE'RE ALL DOOMED"

LOL!!!

The developer's screenname is Warlock. He is, in fact, an actual warlock, he knows magic first and programming second. Those glitches and bugs? That's him not knowing the right code and filling in the gaps with magic. By defeating his raid boss, he's determined that you guys are the most skilled warriors he could possibly summon.

LOL!!!

The developer's screenname is Warlock. He is, in fact, an actual warlock, he knows magic first and programming second. Those glitches and bugs? That's him not knowing the right code and filling in the gaps with magic. By defeating his raid boss, he's determined that you guys are the most skilled warriors he could possibly summon.
"Earning that rare item multiple times? Nah bruh...DUPE GLITCH"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back