• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Together Amidst The Lonely Stars - A Story Set In Space (M looking for F)

Starcaller

Evenstar, Morningstar, heed my call!
Do you like space stuff? I like space stuff. So let's do space stuff together!

Hey! I'm Starcaller. I'm a literate, multi-paragraph writing amateur and RP-er! However, writing alone bores me to death so I'm looking for someone to write with! Ideally, my partner would also be someone who can write multi-para, has a knack for descriptions and loves some of that meaty drama and world development! Together, we would create a story with well-rounded, three-dimensional characters that have their own stories, their own qualities as well as flaws, characters which we would put through tests and trials together, from which they'd emerge (hopefully) stronger and more developed! Are you still with me? Good! In order for this to succeed, our writing styles would have to match, so I'm looking forward to reading a writing sample, as well as providing my own, for your perusal! Other than that, I love engaging in casual chit-chat and also plotting ahead of the game, exchanging ideas and being excited together! I'm in this for the long haul, so please, make sure you are too! I want to take this story right to the very end!

I don't have the time to be around 24/7, but at the very least I can assure you a post every day, unless I'm not feeling particularly inspired. Days like that do happen! So a pace between one post a day and a couple of posts every week is expected. Constantly waiting a week between posts tends to wear down on excitement, and I'd hate for this to die out before it even starts properly! Of course, mandatory absences are understood, just let me know beforehand and I'll let you know as well!

Right! Away with that boring stuff, let me show you what I have in mind!

The whole thing happens in space, and, obviously, in the future! How far in the future, well, I'd like to leave that sort of ambiguous. Could be before 2100, could be after, who knows! Fact of the matter is, humans have managed to set out and colonize other planets, build settlements, cities, and much to their disappointment, the aliens they were excited to meet were nowhere to be found. But, glass half-full, that meant more space for them to enact their plans! Space travel is the norm these days, and much of our solar system is now a settlement for humans who left a drained, tired Earth behind.

Yet for all the advancements and all the changes, the humans remained much the same, and thus, I the newly founded colonies, cities and societies, the same problems remain. Crime and poverty riddle some of these settlements, while greed and opulence rule over others. It's a dog-eat-dog world, and one must do what they can to get by.

YC knows that well, and she lives by her own rules, her own code. But it seems luck was never her strong suit. And that becomes especially clear now, when, after a well-planned, carefully thought-out heist on the mansion of one of the richest men in the solar system turns into a complete clusterfuck as she finds herself running into MC, a man who seemingly shares her goal. And just when things couldn't go any more wrong, they find themselves in need to escape together and huddle into the living quarters of MC, an old, decommissioned cargo ship that has become his home through whatever means. So here's YC, having failed her gamble and lost whatever little she had because of MCs blunder. Will the two reconcile? Perhaps even decide to work together?

Right! This is it! If you like this idea, I'm waiting for a PM!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back